Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

All Online Games!
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I mean. Seriously. This looks fucking cool.

I was wary at first, but it's Rocksteady. I should have been more trusting. And I don't say that often/ever.
sensualbarbarian
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

unfortunately the release has been delayed
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Looks like most big game releases are hitting delays these days. Most of these projects have been in development for years and the disruption of the Covid pandemic has taken months of productivity off them.
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

One delay at least has been quite the standard for some years already, then around a year to fix too many issues in the games after the launch.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

When I worked for Sony the attitude was you either ship or lose your job. Only time there was a delay was when two games in the same genre were released near each other so they pushed one back. Normally Sony blows a gasket on delays.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Spectacular!
sensualbarbarian
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

After the disaster with cyberpunk its best companies do not announce release dates or even the year until they are absolutely clear on the state of the game and that it will be playable without a million glitches. CD project red has delayed its Witcher 3 upgrade again and Bethesda's Starfield is going to be delayed, if they stopped announcing release dates then they wouldn't have to say its delayed lol.

Still with this Kill the JL game I am wondering if you will actually get to kill the JL members :)
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The thing is if you're a company with shareholders you have to say when you're releasing a game, and there comes a point where, because of the shareholders, that game has to arrive. Whether it's a CP2077 looking mess or not.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

I'm gonna be honest, I'm less hype of it despite being made by Rocksteady, creators of Arkhamverse & Kevin Conroy voicing Batman one last time. I have yet see full game play other than a peek on Fandome.
Last edited by Heroineaddicted 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
When I worked for Sony the attitude was you either ship or lose your job. Only time there was a delay was when two games in the same genre were released near each other so they pushed one back. Normally Sony blows a gasket on delays.
I friend of mine works for Bungie, which is now Sony, and they hit their deadlines consistently, but that's because about halfway through the development cycle, they have a meeting where they sit down and look at all the features of the game, and determine which ones are complete enough to go into the finished game. The ones that aren't ready or very nearly complete get pulled out, and then they spend a year or more on testing and polish. The incomplete stuff will get finished for the 2.0 release.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hope this game is interesting & they address some rumors.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/21 ... ce-league/
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroineaddicted wrote:
1 year ago

I keep seeing it advertised but it never comes out.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Heroineaddicted wrote:
1 year ago

I keep seeing it advertised but it never comes out.
It's poor marketing on WB/Rocksteady's part. That's why I'm skeptical on buying it & losing interest in it. They said telnet show 15 minutes of game play. We'll see.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

We finally get to see another Suicide Squad gameplay, courtesy of Playstation State of Play livestream. It look cool & might get it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Capt Boomerang using guns?
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Capt Boomerang using guns?
That the first thing I asked to myself when watching it.
shevek
Producer
Producer

So here's something interesting: I guess I'm somewhat of an "industry insider" now, since I've been attending a "comics industry" convention here in Pittsburgh this week.

I was at the DC panel today, where the DC staff announced their upcoming slate of movies and comic book events, and they did announce this Suicide Squad Kills The Justice League limited comic book series that will go along with the game. Along with the "Dawn of DC" event, it seems like one of the larger promotional pushes they are doing this year. Nobody in the audience asked if Captain Boomerang was using guns, though. They obviously overlooked that very important detail. Blimey!
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

More details of the game & its takes place after conclusion of Arkham Knight, 5 years to be exact.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

Well damn. To be honest, I'm losing interesting in this. Sad
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... n-backlash
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Yeah, there are so many red flags at this point I'm going to be giving it a wide berth. Which is sad, Rocksteady are some of my favourite devs. This just looks so far off what it ought to be though.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Seems like its going to turn out as bad as Avengers. Also notice you see no clips of Batman, Wonder Woman, small amount of Flash and Superman. Seeing some game play it seems like the characters are all flavors of ice cream, nothing distinctive. They all have guns for example. Why does Capt Boomerrang have a gun?
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Seems like its going to turn out as bad as Avengers. Also notice you see no clips of Batman, Wonder Woman, small amount of Flash and Superman. Seeing some game play it seems like the characters are all flavors of ice cream, nothing distinctive. They all have guns for example. Why does Capt Boomerrang have a gun?
Or King Shark?

And if guns are the main modus operandi why isn't Deadshot automatically vastly superior to the others because guns are actually his thing?

Gigantic and I suspect fatal questions to this approach.

The more I think on it the sadder this game makes me, it's taken so long and it looks so wrong. We could have had literally anything from Rocksteady in all these years but what we get is this thing.

On the plus side, it's going to make Gotham Knights look loads better.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

Damn. It’s now been delay for February of next year. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/suici ... 0-6513257/
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I did see a clip with a slight showing of Wonder Woman. Very slight. Hair in pony tail, no shot of the body. I get the feeling this thing is a real stinker.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So now that the cut scenes are out for this game we get a much better view of Wonder Woman. Sadly its basically a meh depiction. First off she doesn't appear feminine, she is dressed to the point of being bulky. The face is very different, someone said they try to make her look Greek. Her cape literally looks like a terry cloth baby blanket. No fan service to speak of. At some points, the way she walks, she could easily pass as trans.
Spoiler
She is the only justice leaguer who isn't assimilated by Brainiac. She dies at the hands of Superman. It is an interest angle in which, because she she olds onto hope to save Superman and the rest, she won't kill them which makes her more of a liability. The cut scenes have messages about how the good guys are just scumbags right under the skin. People say this game kills the whole Arkham story line as well as Rocksteady itself. In the end you have to kill like 13 brainiacs in 13 different alternative earths. Total grind.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Pretty much describes this game
Spoiler
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Spoiler
They did like 3 minutes of PITCH BLACK cut scene. I wonder if they actually rendered PITCH BLACK scenes. No wonder games cost $100 mil to make. Seriously messed up. How can they offer up a black screen for a few minutes of corny dialog.
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

Wonder Woman in pants? Bullshit.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

PartsUnknown wrote:
1 month ago
Wonder Woman in pants? Bullshit.
Here Here
Elimew
Neophyte
Neophyte

I've been seeing this game's demise go down on Twitter (or X), and it still blows my mind that they expect people to hand over 70 to 100 dollars for a live-service game. A live-service game that doesn't even have an offline feature for you to play the story.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm not put off by 'live service game' and honestly most people aren't, they probably just don't realise it. Does your game have DLC updates? Does it have a season pass? Does it have frequent patches? Then it's a live service game.

It hasn't hurt Call of Duty that's for sure.

I'm put off by having King Shark alongside Deadshot as apparently equal gun guys. Like you've got THE gun guy. King Shark is the bites your torso off guy. Harley is not a battlefield style character by any stretch. Cunto Boomerang (I can't be arsed to learn his name he sucks) is a seatfiller.

It's such a bad design choice to make this an open area shooter that I can't wrap my head around it.

It reminds me of when some genius made Sonic the Hedgehog into a Karting game. The little fucker runs at the speed of sound but you're going to put him in a twatty little car. Lunacy.

I'm generally avoiding spoilers though because fuck it, I'm in. I want to see this... Thing. Rocksteady are ostensibly one of the greatest game studios in the world. Even if their game is shit I want to see it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

One thing I noticed seeing the cut scenes - no real good female representation. You get a Wonder Woman who almost looks trans with no appeal, a slutty Harley, an elderly Amanda Waller, a child for Poison Ivy. All the male characters are in traditional garb. All the female characters are butchered and downplayed. Why isn't Flash a child or Superman looking like Pee Wee herman? All those guys keep their body types, age, gender, physique, classic costumes.

The women seem to be the group who gets turned into a diversity circus. If a girl played this game and wanted to cosplay, besides Harley who does she emulate?

It seems like the people who say they are pushing diversity are really just hurting the people they claim to protect.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
1 month ago
One thing I noticed seeing the cut scenes - no real good female representation. You get a Wonder Woman who almost looks trans with no appeal, a slutty Harley, an elderly Amanda Waller, a child for Poison Ivy. All the male characters are in traditional garb. All the female characters are butchered and downplayed. Why isn't Flash a child or Superman looking like Pee Wee herman? All those guys keep their body types, age, gender, physique, classic costumes.

The women seem to be the group who gets turned into a diversity circus. If a girl played this game and wanted to cosplay, besides Harley who does she emulate?

It seems like the people who say they are pushing diversity are really just hurting the people they claim to protect.
I saw a little Youtube video from Yellow Flash about Harley grabbing Deadshot's ass in the game. I don't play video games, but Flash's point was if it was Deadshot grabbing Harley's ass, everyone involved would be attacked and cancelled. But assault on men is just fine.

Catwoman's not in this at all, Mr. X?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
1 month ago
I saw a little Youtube video from Yellow Flash about Harley grabbing Deadshot's ass in the game. I don't play video games, but Flash's point was if it was Deadshot grabbing Harley's ass, everyone involved would be attacked and cancelled. But assault on men is just fine.

Catwoman's not in this at all, Mr. X?
There's a Batman museum with these figures. Catwoman didn't look too good. Yes I saw the Deadhsot ass grab.

One thing is I am done with the "if it was the other way around there would be outrage". How about instead be that outrage. I don't expect tricksters and society wreckers to do justice for me.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Can't wait for the cosplay and the fetish companies to make this character. BTW notice - no stars except the crown
wwsuicidesquad.jpg
wwsuicidesquad.jpg (140.26 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

I finally played that new Suicide Squad game & I see why it get bad reviews. The game is not fun & feels like a chore than having fun. The gameplay mechanics are repetitive & ass. I didn't even bother to finish it & gonna take it back to GameFly.

I used to be excited for the game when it firsted announced, then the multiple delays, the live stream reveal, & spoilers ruined it for me before I finally letdown playing it myself.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

For the record I love how the 'gaming community' (for whatever that concept is worth) was apparently outraged by the idea that SS:KTJL was a 'Game As A Service' and this was why nobody was into it.

And then barely a week or two later, Helldivers 2 comes out, unapologetic game as a service, third person shooter. Everybody loves it. It's an early runner for game of the year. The idea that there was ever anything wrong with the idea of a game of a service has been roundly squashed.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
2 weeks ago
For the record I love how the 'gaming community' (for whatever that concept is worth) was apparently outraged by the idea that SS:KTJL was a 'Game As A Service' and this was why nobody was into it.

And then barely a week or two later, Helldivers 2 comes out, unapologetic game as a service, third person shooter. Everybody loves it. It's an early runner for game of the year. The idea that there was ever anything wrong with the idea of a game of a service has been roundly squashed.
I really think you're arguing a strawman.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
2 weeks ago

That's because Helldivers 2 is a great game....... and Suicide Squad isn't.

Don't let all the political and gender hooplah in this topic steer you the wrong way. One SINGLE primary principle matters to a videogames success.

Is it fun... or not?

If Yes=acclaim. If no=early success AT BEST then failure.

I'm not just licking Helldiver's balls here either. Helldivers is every bit as, if not MORE, 'woke' than Suicide Squad.... that doesn't matter to anyone playing it, because when they are playing it, they are having a blast, while when they are playing Suicide Squad, they are typically quite bored.