Thor Love & Thunder

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shzam
Henchman
Henchman

Couldn't find a topic on this but Lady Thor looking good in the new Thor Movie.

Also have high expectations for it as a movie as a whole though a big job to do to balance what I assume will be massive amounts of attempted humor with the story. Hope Taika nails it.

Regardless glad we got back Natalie Portman.

sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

She looks pretty jacked… and she is a decent actress. There is hope
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

'Thora' is the female version of the name 'Thor"
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would gladly worship them both....both at the same time.....
Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
No-one's going to take a superhero called 'Thora' seriously. She sounds less like she'd wield a mighty hammer and more like she'd be rolling down a hill in a bath on wheels.
Paolone0971
Henchman
Henchman

Attachments
noncipossocredere1.gif
noncipossocredere1.gif (1.97 MiB) Viewed 1664 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
No-one's going to take a superhero called 'Thora' seriously. She sounds less like she'd wield a mighty hammer and more like she'd be rolling down a hill in a bath on wheels.
Better than Thordis
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
LOTSW shout!
Damselbinder

lionbadger wrote:
1 year ago
Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
LOTSW shout!
Shhh! They must never know.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

By 'eck.
shevek
Producer
Producer

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
She looks pretty jacked… and she is a decent actress. There is hope
Whoa. If it's as well put-together a movie as Dr Strange 2, and Portman actually looks that gorgeous all through the movie - yes, there is plenty of hope. Fingers crossed. I created "Frija" in 2017 because I never thought that Marvel would realize a sexy and muscular female Thor without an axe to grind, but I would love to be wrong about that. The transformation scene alone could be epic, and the cosplay results at Comicons stunning as well. Guess we'll see!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Now, the final trailer:

-
Great ending :giggle:
Looks like a fun flick, pretty sure I will watch that one in a cinema.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

OK - I just saw this. It's pretty terrible. I really wanted to skip through the god-awful exposition.

Comments on the main heroines:

Natalie Portman looks gorgeous and powerful and ultra-blonde in her costume. I'm sure we'll see a lot of Jane Fosters at upcoming Comicons (I was already starting to see a few this year).
Tessa Thompson looks fit as "King Valkyrie". She's all over this movie.
Pom Klementieff doesn't get to do very much as Mantis (maybe two lines?) but she looks great.
And it's disappointing that we see so little of Jaimie Alexander as Sif - the top half of her costume is only shown beautifully heaving for a few seconds as she is struggling, injured and in peril, and then she reappears for a half-second near the end.

The Hemsworth family is strongly represented - we get a cameo by Chris Hemsworth's very beautiful wife Elsa Mackey as the "Wolf Woman" (she and Thor are shown making love atop a very large version of Fenris). One of his twin sons makes a brief appearance as Thor as a baby. And his daughter India plays the petulant daughter of the main villain, Gorr the God Butcher. She's got a future in the biz!

Many worldwide goddesses (such as Bast and Athena, in full costumes) are shown very briefly in the scene with Zeus - I wish they'd have gotten a bit more screen time. Maybe they will in the next movie, since it seems the next Thor movie will be about a battle between the Greek and Norse pantheons (or something of that nature).

Something that bothered me: the script has Thor pronouncing the name "Quetzalcoatl" incorrectly. Presumably this was done for a joke, albeit one that not a lot of viewers would catch. But my question is that there's no way this is an oversight of some kind - the mispronunciation was in the script on purpose. Why would Taika Waititi - whom I presume would be very serious about his own indigenous culture - disrespect the name of a Mexican god? I mean, it's funny, but it seems uncharacteristically 'tone deaf'.

Anyway, last but not least we have gagging and bondage scene for a couple minutes in the middle which our friend Fayitup mentioned. You can get whatever screen caps you want, but the disappointment with that sequence is that it seems to be almost entirely in black & white. I understand they were going for the spookiness of the "shadow realm" but it definitely lessens the impact of the images.
Fayitup wrote:
1 year ago
There is a full 2 minute scene of Jane Foster and Valkyrie being bound by shadow tentacles where Gorr the God butcher (played by Christian Bale) walks up to taunts them individually before they get gagged by a shadow tentacle and he makes them watch as he tries to force Thor to do something. There is a brief scene of them gagged in the same frame as well as close ups of them gagged.
Did everyone survive this monstrosity? :)
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

So I finally watched this and it was good fun. Exuberant, funny, sweet with a touch of pathos, lots of great action, an amusing little relationship subplot involving Thor's weapons that I didn't see coming, a decently memorable villain as Thor movies go (for some reason the Thor movies haven't excelled at finding good villains), a goofy hair-metal soundtrack... all in all a solid execution of the MCU formula, although it most certainly is the execution of a formula. I remember hearing it was pretty good in early July and that seems to bear out.

(I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the rage-click-o-sphere has since ginned up various excuses for "backlash" against Taika Waititi, I'm guessing motivated by the story's gay-positive beats and Jane Foster as a female Thor, but it seemed fine to me.)

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Fayitup wrote:
1 year ago
video not available
Damselbinder

ngl I thought this was really pretty shit - like actually really, appallingly shit

Look I'm saying that if I walked past this movie on the street, I'd sort of push it over a little bit
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I've heard so many bad things that I'm thinking I might skip it just so I don't have my appreciation for anything ruined.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I wouldn't outright skip it on account of the detractors. The critical reaction is a bit mixed, but there's enough positive feedback about it (and in venues that aren't vulnerable to review-bombing) to make it worth a shot, at least for a stream at home when it comes to Disney Plus.

Amazon
Literotica
Damselbinder

Ignore the detractors. Instead, listen to me, The One Detractor.

movie bad
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
Ignore the detractors. Instead, listen to me, The One Detractor.

movie bad
I have to admit I'm curious as to why you think so. :)

Amazon
Literotica