Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Disney/Marvel, 2022)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Had no problem finding this already. In the scheme of Marvel movies, it's a much better watch than either Eternals or Shang-Chi, so that's an improvement. Much is being made of the level of violence and horror tropes in this movie, but with plot points like constantly skipping between alternative universes, various demonic foes, and a ton of magical powers being used, the CGI is really what's laid on the thickest.

For us on the forum, the interest lies in the female characters, of which there are exactly three of any great note.

Rachel MacAdams plays Christine Palmer, who is Strange's love foil throughout his film arc, and across all the possible universes.
Somehow, she doesn't have that much to do, but takes up a lot of screen time doing it. Out of the various outfits she wears in the film, the best one is the blue-green jumpsuit which she wears from the Earth-838 lab/prison scene onwards through the final battle sequence. You can see it here in this character photo.
christine palmer.jpg
christine palmer.jpg (41.57 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
The second is Xochitl (SO-CHEE) Gomez as one of Marvel's big-push diversity characters, America Chavez, the superbeing from another dimension who has two Moms (shown clearly in the movie for virtue points) and is somehow a Spanish-speaking Latina despite not being from Earth (she is not mentioned at all as being lesbian in the film - there'll probably be Twitter types complaining about that). When I heard that America was going to be in the movie, I had no idea how big a role she would play - she basically has almost as much screen time as Strange and Wanda, and is in fact the human "MacGuffin" around which the entire plot revolves. I don't really understand what they're going to do with Gomez in the future - she doesn't seem charismatic enough to headline a movie, so I imagine she'll probably hang out in team-up situations.

What's funny about that is although America Chavez is supposed to be one of the most intersectionally "empowered" Marvel characters in the comics, here she is mostly treated as a plot device, a sidekick, and a damsel in distress, whom Doctor Strange is trying to save. Take note: America is in a LOT of peril scenes in this movie, both near the beginning, and more at the end. Unfortunately, she endures all of this peril in her usual mundane jacket. T-shirt and jeans costume - nothing at all superheroic.
But the attire is true to the comics. It's the peril that isn't. Kind of interesting, no?
america chavez.jpg
america chavez.jpg (582.67 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
Last and greatest we have Elizabeth Olsen back as Wanda / Scarlet Witch. Not only was she a villain all the way through the Wandavision series, but here, she is even more of a villainous character for almost the entire film. And I have to say, that is extremely hot. Because, except for when she plays her alternate Earth-838 self, Wanda is in the Scarlet Witch costume almost
the entire time: fighting, meditating, flying around, standing like a powerful goddess. And I'm sure you'll agree it's downright sexy. Even if you can't really fully understand the obsessive motivation which makes her so fearsomely destructive and evil, nonetheless Olsen is the main attraction to watch this movie, and for that reason I say don't miss it, and be prepared to hit the pause button quite a few times.

I've seen a considerable rise in Scarlet Witch cosplay in the last couple of Comicons we attended, and I think that will increase.
scarlet witch.jpg
scarlet witch.jpg (30.35 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
Footnote about bannings:

- Movie is banned in China because of a couple of split-second shots during the initial battle against the tentacle monster (Gargantos) where an Epoch Times newspaper box is shown. I kid you not. The CCP hates the Falun Gong that much.

- Movie may or may not be playing in various Middle Eastern countries, especially in the Gulf States, because of the scene where
America Chavez talks about her memories of the two lesbian moms (who are shown briefly). I heard that Disney refused to cut that
scene out, but I'm not sure if they ultimately stuck to their guns - the scene is easy enough to remove.
Damselbinder

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Had no problem finding this already. In the scheme of Marvel movies, it's a much better watch than either Eternals or Shang-Chi, so that's an improvement. Much is being made of the level of violence and horror tropes in this movie, but with plot points like constantly skipping between alternative universes, various demonic foes, and a ton of magical powers being used, the CGI is really what's laid on the thickest.

For us on the forum, the interest lies in the female characters, of which there are exactly three of any great note.

Rachel MacAdams plays Christine Palmer, who is Strange's love foil throughout his film arc, and across all the possible universes.
Somehow, she doesn't have that much to do, but takes up a lot of screen time doing it. Out of the various outfits she wears in the film, the best one is the blue-green jumpsuit which she wears from the Earth-838 lab/prison scene onwards through the final battle sequence. You can see it here in this character photo.

christine palmer.jpg

The second is Xochitl (SO-CHEE) Gomez as one of Marvel's big-push diversity characters, America Chavez, the superbeing from another dimension who has two Moms (shown clearly in the movie for virtue points) and is somehow a Spanish-speaking Latina despite not being from Earth (she is not mentioned at all as being lesbian in the film - there'll probably be Twitter types complaining about that). When I heard that America was going to be in the movie, I had no idea how big a role she would play - she basically has almost as much screen time as Strange and Wanda, and is in fact the human "MacGuffin" around which the entire plot revolves. I don't really understand what they're going to do with Gomez in the future - she doesn't seem charismatic enough to headline a movie, so I imagine she'll probably hang out in team-up situations.

What's funny about that is although America Chavez is supposed to be one of the most intersectionally "empowered" Marvel characters in the comics, here she is mostly treated as a plot device, a sidekick, and a damsel in distress, whom Doctor Strange is trying to save. Take note: America is in a LOT of peril scenes in this movie, both near the beginning, and more at the end. Unfortunately, she endures all of this peril in her usual mundane jacket. T-shirt and jeans costume - nothing at all superheroic.
But the attire is true to the comics. It's the peril that isn't. Kind of interesting, no?

america chavez.jpg

Last and greatest we have Elizabeth Olsen back as Wanda / Scarlet Witch. Not only was she a villain all the way through the Wandavision series, but here, she is even more of a villainous character for almost the entire film. And I have to say, that is extremely hot. Because, except for when she plays her alternate Earth-838 self, Wanda is in the Scarlet Witch costume almost
the entire time: fighting, meditating, flying around, standing like a powerful goddess. And I'm sure you'll agree it's downright sexy. Even if you can't really fully understand the obsessive motivation which makes her so fearsomely destructive and evil, nonetheless Olsen is the main attraction to watch this movie, and for that reason I say don't miss it, and be prepared to hit the pause button quite a few times.

I've seen a considerable rise in Scarlet Witch cosplay in the last couple of Comicons we attended, and I think that will increase.

scarlet witch.jpg

Footnote about bannings:

- Movie is banned in China because of a couple of split-second shots during the initial battle against the tentacle monster (Gargantos) where an Epoch Times newspaper box is shown. I kid you not. The CCP hates the Falun Gong that much.

- Movie may or may not be playing in various Middle Eastern countries, especially in the Gulf States, because of the scene where
America Chavez talks about her memories of the two lesbian moms (who are shown briefly). I heard that Disney refused to cut that
scene out, but I'm not sure if they ultimately stuck to their guns - the scene is easy enough to remove.
Once again you have started off a discussion of another superhero film with your standard raft of tedious racism. I didn't particularly enjoy America Chavez either, I thought she was a little dull, but the mere fact that she's just shown to have lesbian parents annoys you. It's comic accurate that her parents are gay, and it's intrinsic to her character's emotional arc that she lost her parents, so it's completely natural to have a scene where she flashes back back to see when she lost them. And your objection to her being a Spanish speaking hispanic is staggeringly boneheaded. I notice you didn't object to the many, MANY other characters who are English speaking caucasians despite being from other universes.

EDIT: Also, ALSO, actually fucking extra shut up because aren't you and your ilk always whining about when they turn traditionally white/straight characters into other races/orientations and then demanding that they should just invent new characters? Well that's exactly what they did with America Chavez isn't it.
GWalb
Henchman
Henchman

If someone doesn't agree with another poster's viewpoint, is it really necessary to turn it into a venomous personal attack?
Paolone0971
Henchman
Henchman

Can I make some spoilers or is it still too early?
(I saw the film last night who satisfied me very much until the end credits and "literally ecstatic" (I had been "waiting" for a certain thing for 10 years) for one of the scenes post credit
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Be sure to put spoilers in their hidden sections using the spoiler icon if you do give them.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

GWalb wrote:
1 year ago
If someone doesn't agree with another poster's viewpoint, is it really necessary to turn it into a venomous personal attack?
Damsel is typically caustic and looks to start arguments with people. He might ask for further clarification at times, but prefers to accuse others of any sort of “ism” instead. His points may have merit, but I think he prefers trying to cast commenters in a negative light more than focus on a fair discussion.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I saw this today. My review
Spoiler
I thought it was a rally good movie. Two big twists in it that were well done. I didn't suspect them. Chavez is fine. She's not annoying and as Damsel said, she's an attempt at making a new character so that's great.

Was also nice seeing some alternative characters.

In all I'd say its well worth watching. Rami did a good job with it and stayed focus on the story.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Paolone0971 wrote:
1 year ago
(I saw the film last night who satisfied me very much until the end credits and "literally ecstatic" (I had been "waiting" for a certain thing for 10 years) for one of the scenes post credit
Spoiler
I didn't get who that was in the post credit scenes. Not that much into Marvel. The second post credit scene was kind of funny.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
is somehow a Spanish-speaking Latina despite not being from Earth
We complaining about this stuff now? Shouldn't Dormamu from the Dark Dimension speak a language other than English when Doctor Strange goes to Bargain? Why do all the Guardians of the Galaxy speak english?

Start picking this apart and the WHOLE mountainside comes tumbling down my dude!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

The Spoiler button is the little eye with a line through it above the message box in full editor mode.

Click the button, write your message between the Spoiler brackets.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

Man that sure was a Sam Rami movie he even got the
Spoiler
Zombies in.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femina wrote:
1 year ago
shevek wrote:
1 year ago
We complaining about this stuff now? Shouldn't Dormamu from the Dark Dimension speak a language other than English when Doctor Strange goes to Bargain? Why do all the Guardians of the Galaxy speak english?
Start picking this apart and the WHOLE mountainside comes tumbling down my dude!
Not really. And it's pretty evident as to why.

English is the default language of both the Hollywood industry *and* the Anglosphere (and yes, that includes India, with 125 million English speakers, as well as Europe with 370 million English speakers, and there are even 18 million English speakers in Japan) which is Hollywood's primary market. By "primary market", I mean the market where *no changes* ever have to be made to the movies. If you distribute to a market where changes have to be made to a film due to culture and/or authoritarian fiat, that is a secondary market with ancillary considerations, no matter its size.

So naturally, English has to be the lingua franca of the galaxy. Otherwise, every movie with extraterrestrials would start with a two-hour sequence where everyone strives mightily to comprehend each other, like "Arrival" or the TNG "Darmok" episode. This forum itself is in English, is it not?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

They did mix in other languages like chinese for example and I do think the diner scene with the language seemed needless.
Spoiler
As for "most universes have free food" that makes sense to me. I would imagine at some point some human societies attain a post scarcity society and so food and energy would be free. Guys like Stark and Reed Richards would probably solve food production.
I simply was not annoyed or saw a whole lot of "woke" stuff in the movie. The overall lesson was clear. Chavez was most certainly not some empowered female. And as Damsel said, she's an attempt at an original character and not a swap. And she's not billed as "the strongest ever" out the gate like Capt Marvel was. And the movie does beat us over the head that Wong is definitely chinese and he speaks chinese to people who apparently understand english.

Rant.
Spoiler
I'm just curious why Disney would risk losing the Chinese market over one or two scenes that aren't necessary for the movie. Middle east countries say they won't show it either.

I think the problem here is the so called "warriors" have been brow beating the people who already got the 35-50 years of progressive sensitivity training and know what diversity and inclusion is and they won't go after the groups who still aren't progressives. This creates massive fatigue and negative feelings. Like the principal who keeps punishing all the good kids while appeasing the school bullies. At some point you turn the good kids into monsters. What is the point of these "club over the head" lessons when the only people who will see them ALREADY GOT THE MESSAGE 35 YEAR AGO and all it tells them is they will never get out of the dog house.

Who the f*ck are these lessons and messages really for? Or is this like a religion that is more interested in bullying its members than changing people who do need the change?
Damselbinder

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Femina wrote:
1 year ago
shevek wrote:
1 year ago

English is the default language of both the Hollywood industry *and* the Anglosphere (and yes, that includes India, with 125 million English speakers, as well as Europe with 370 million English speakers, and there are even 18 million English speakers in Japan) which is Hollywood's primary market. By "primary market", I mean the market where *no changes* ever have to be made to the movies. If you distribute to a market where changes have to be made to a film due to culture and/or authoritarian fiat, that is a secondary market with ancillary considerations, no matter its size.

So naturally, English has to be the lingua franca of the galaxy. Otherwise, every movie with extraterrestrials would start with a two-hour sequence where everyone strives mightily to comprehend each other, like "Arrival" or the TNG "Darmok" episode. This forum itself is in English, is it not?
I will say this as simply as I can.

America Chavez in this movie is not an alien. She is a human being from an alternate universe's Earth. We see that alternate universes in the MCU are often very similar to the more familiar universe most stories are set in. So all kinds of things might be the same between universes. Including languages and ethnicities.

Let me put it this way. You are, apparently, fine, with the idea that two universes might be so similar that the same particular person appears in two universes. But you are not okay with a particular language appearing in two universes.

Do you understand now?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X, not sure why your rant was in "spoiler" mode (unless it was so that people don't have to see it if they don't want to, which is fair) but let's address one point which I think gives nothing away to the plot anyway.

I think it's pretty straightforward: the Doctor Strange movie is chock full of magic, witchcraft, and demons. That's what the whole story is about. And so the unease about the influence of such movies on traditionalist cultures might be a bit more deep-seated than just an objection to a very short appearance by either lesbian moms or an Epoch Times box.

And Damselbinder - America Chavez was not "human" in her original comic book origins. She, in fact, was an alien from a universe called ( very on the nose) the Utopian Parallel. As far as Marvel tells us, everyone there is a lesbian who speaks Spanish. That was practically wish fulfillment for the writer Gabby Rivera who helmed Chavez's first headline series. Rivera exploited this utopianism heavily enough that she went on an academic lecture tour merely on the strength of writing that title. This is everyone we know about in that ALIEN dimension:
RCO004_1647599142.jpg
RCO004_1647599142.jpg (508.85 KiB) Viewed 944 times
And the Dr Strange movie did not quite keep up with the changing origins of America Chavez. The latest skinny (2021) is that she made the whole thing up about the other dimension, as a coping mechanism to block out her memories of a private island where her human lesbian doctor moms were being held hostage in a research experiment, and when that island exploded, she was tossed up on a beach and found by a couple from Brooklyn. But it's hard to imagine that origin will stick because a billion-dollar movie franchise says otherwise. At least, so far.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Femina wrote:
1 year ago
shevek wrote:
1 year ago

That's just picking and choosing your logic and I'm sorry to have to use the R word for the briefest of moments here in as innocent a context as I possibly can... it's an environmentally racist notation. (I'm not calling YOU racist here or anyone else whose has an observation on the film logic like this, I'm JUST commenting on the environment that encourages the particular response above and beyond our response toward other equivalent stimuli) It says 'I accept that everyone speaks English in the film because it eases audience participation BUT... that's the only leeway I'll accept because I won't accept a Latina from another universe who speaks Spanish." It doesn't even have to be an incorrect observation, but its an INCONSISTANT observation in relativity with equivocal plot elements.

Because now we have to ask WHY don't we accept that the Latina from another universe speaks Spanish while we are perfectly fine that Dormamu speaks English from a dimension that's utterly ALIEN to our own. The FANTASY and rationale of both are structurally identical to one another. They are to help entertain the targeted demographics, America Chaves is an original Latina heroine targeting the Latina demographic so she speaks languages that resonates with Latina audiences. If she's not allowed to speak Spanish than Dormamu is NOT allowed to speak English and its time for the MCU to start hiring linguistics and subtitles people for EVERY movie ever now because audience resonance no longer matters and everything needs to be EQUALLY logically flawless or else its a plot hole... so say goodbye to this multiverse nonsense first and foremost cause it's the most egregious crime in film logic imaginable! Forget Thanos and the power stones and time travel... DROPS IN THE POND of the sort of mind twisting nonsense you need to suspend your disbelief for to accept Three Spider-men from completely different film universes!

xD so I'm just saying, if we wanna complain about a little thing like this, the WHOLE mountain starts to avalanche and it opens up the doors for a LOT of nitpicking to complain about.
shevek
Producer
Producer

You misunderstand, Femina.

I'm not saying that she's not allowed to speak Spanish. Of course she is. I was explaining why the default language of the movie has to be English (which explains why Dormammu speaks English, like everyone else). I have two episodes of my own series which have a character who speaks large amount of Spanish and Basque, and she has subtitles when she does it. No problem at all with a character speaking Spanish - it adds variety and interesting flavor to the story, as with any number of TV shows that do the same thing.

What's weird (and according to you, a "nitpick") is that she's an alien from a pocket dimension that just happens to be called 'Utopian' consisting of (as far as we know) four Latina lesbians and one 'demiurge'. That's the character which Marvel chose to target a 'demographic'. And not just target the demographic, but to influence the demographic it is targeting with an intersectional message. If it was just about targeting a demographic, Marvel could pick any number of original Latin characters from its universe (from White Tiger to Araña) with a relatable Earth-based origin, and put them in the movie. There's more to it than just the demographic.

Also, technically...America Chavez is not an entirely *original* character, but rather a Latina re-imagining of Madeline Joyce (Miss America), whom some might remember from reading The Invaders in the 70s. That's not important in the wider scheme of things, but I just thought it should be pointed out.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I happened to catch Neil Degrass Tyson on Colbert recently. He said that we share 99% of our DNA with chimps and yet the language barrier has never been cracked to any genuine degree. On that basis, trying to communicate with alien species (or hell even species on our own planet such as dogs or dolphins) seems as equally improbable as having an alien fluent in either English or Spanish or whatever. Suspending disbelief is what it's all about people! Narrowing in on any particular alien and calling it odd that they can speak a given language is just pure nonsense. And honestly, who wants to read subtitles all film?
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I mean this was an okay film but it feels like this was meant to be kind of a big deal MCU movie and it definitely wasn't that.

Spoiler
Most importantly the story of the movie was already told in WandaVision. Like this was the plot of WandaVision, Wanda wants her perfect life, hurts people to get it, realises she can't live with that, abandons the plan. So we've now had a series and a movie essentially to tell the same story. So that's nice. What worries me is that what with Loki and He Who Remains still out there this Multiverse fad still has some distance to run.

Also this was a really neat Sam Raimi horror movie, for kids. If the book they'd been fighting over had been called the Necronomicon and Bruce Campbell had been given more to do you could have called this Evil Dead 3. And you know what, that sort of works.

Past that the guy out of the Fantastic Four is meant to be super smart and it doesn't occur to him not to tell the extremely powerful Witch they are fighting about one of their colleagues powers? Dude, foolish. It was cool to see Wanda at the peak of her powers smash a bunch of expendable heroes too. It was fun that they weren't all complete chumps, but they still got chumped pretty badly. I like how Wanda went full Carrie in her borrowed universe body too.

Overall though I can't really shake that the multiverse thing is fucking it all up though. Getting to the point where you need to know too much going into these movies.
So, yeah, it's okay I guess.

While the money will continue to flow, probably in greater amounts than ever, it's hard to shake the idea that the MCU is over the hill at this point. Which is fair enough it's been going fourteen years. Short of letting Taika Waititi make them all I'm not sure how to get them out of the spiral.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Mr. X, not sure why your rant was in "spoiler" mode (unless it was so that people don't have to see it if they don't want to, which is fair)
Pretty much.
shevek
Producer
Producer

DrDominator9 wrote:
1 year ago
I happened to catch Neil Degrass Tyson on Colbert recently. He said that we share 99% of our DNA with chimps and yet the language barrier has never been cracked to any genuine degree. On that basis, trying to communicate with alien species (or hell even species on our own planet such as dogs or dolphins) seems as equally improbable as having an alien fluent in either English or Spanish or whatever. Suspending disbelief is what it's all about people! Narrowing in on any particular alien and calling it odd that they can speak a given language is just pure nonsense. And honestly, who wants to read subtitles all film?
I understand exactly what you're getting at, DrDominator, but again, what I typed was misunderstood by those who responded (such as Femina), and it's my fault for not being specific enough with my wording.

Let me put it this way: It's not the *speaking of the Spanish* where the disbelief needs to be suspended. It's the utopian dimension of nothing but lesbians, who also happen to be Latina, which is the tough pill. It's not even the infinitesimal chance of such a dimension existing, but how the concept is approached in Current Year. Let's compare this to previous eras of movies and how that same idea might be addressed.

If this was the 60s, Barbarella might land in the Utopian Parallel and make out with all the Latinas. I'd love to see that, and I bet Batgirl1969 would, too.

If this was the 70s, there'd be some kind of "planet of Latina lesbians" who are super-sexy and buxom Russ Meyer style, and some unsuspecting American astronauts would land there and have the orgy of their lives.

If this was the 80s, Cannon Films would probably put out a movie about a tribe of statuesque and beautiful Latina Amazons from the future who conduct gladiator combat games with men they capture.

If this was the 90s, Tarantino would probably do some grindhouse flick where a pack of sexy Latina lesbians in tight catsuits go on a killing rampage to avenge the death of their mothers.

If this was the early 2000s, Kevin Smith would film a scene with four Latina lesbian cat burglars in tight latex outfits robbing
a high-security vault, before they all go snoochie boochies on each other.

Now, wouldn't all of those permutations be a lot more entertaining than that flashback scene from the Dr Strange movie? :)
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
DrDominator9 wrote:
1 year ago
I understand exactly what you're getting at, DrDominator, but again, what I typed was misunderstood by those who responded (such as Femina), and it's my fault for not being specific enough with my wording.

Let me put it this way: It's not the *speaking of the Spanish* where the disbelief needs to be suspended. It's the utopian dimension of nothing but lesbians, who also happen to be Latina, which is the tough pill. It's not even the infinitesimal chance of such a dimension existing, but how the concept is approached in Current Year. Let's compare this to previous eras of movies and how that same idea might be addressed.

If this was the 60s, Barbarella might land in the Utopian Parallel and make out with all the Latinas. I'd love to see that, and I bet Batgirl1969 would, too.

If this was the 70s, there'd be some kind of "planet of Latina lesbians" who are super-sexy and buxom Russ Meyer style, and some unsuspecting American astronauts would land there and have the orgy of their lives.

If this was the 80s, Cannon Films would probably put out a movie about a tribe of statuesque and beautiful Latina Amazons from the future who conduct gladiator combat games with men they capture.

If this was the 90s, Tarantino would probably do some grindhouse flick where a pack of sexy Latina lesbians in tight catsuits go on a killing rampage to avenge the death of their mothers.

If this was the early 2000s, Kevin Smith would film a scene with four Latina lesbian cat burglars in tight latex outfits robbing
a high-security vault, before they all go snoochie boochies on each other.

Now, wouldn't all of those permutations be a lot more entertaining than that flashback scene from the Dr Strange movie? :)
MY GOD yes, I am down with ALL of those decades!!! Lez do it!!!
Paolone0971
Henchman
Henchman

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Paolone0971 wrote:
1 year ago
Spoiler
I didn't get who that was in the post credit scenes. Not that much into Marvel. The second post credit scene was kind of funny.
Spoiler
You most likely don't know who Clea is (the girl who appears in the first post credit scene); I'll explain it below.
She is a fundamental character in Doctor Strange's life; she is the daughter of Umar (one of the most powerful and evil beings in the dark dimension), Dormannu's niece (I think you know who he is 😉), the doctor's favorite disciple and future wife.
To say that in the next film chapter of Doctor Strange we will see a spasmodic increase in magical duels is an understatement.