Wonder Woman and the Pampered Princess (1/1)

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Ericc15
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

A few disclaimers before we get down to it.

One, this is the same story that I posted on The Changing Mirror message boards a few months ago. If you compare that post to this one, however, you'll see there are material differences between the two. This one is longer, for one thing, and I'd like to think it's a bit better too.

Two, you should think of this WW as falling somewhere between the WW from the comics and movies, and the WW-type heroines from the online movies that get promoted here, like Ultragirl or Wonder Vivian. She's a bit more impulsive, a bit more careless, a bit more unobservant of her surroundings, a bit more foolish, and a bit more unlucky than her mainstream counterpart. So she's somewhat more likely to be tricked and defeated initially by her enemies, but she usually perseveres and wins in the end. Also many fellow members of the Justice League, mostly men, find her antics and her uneven track record to be rather tiresome, while her fellow superheroines largely consider themselves to be among her dear friends and great admirers. (Both points of view are valid.) WW is largely ignorant of the naysayers, while always being very friendly and genuine with her supporters. (Both points of view are quite valid.)

And three, I'm tossing a lot of my own personal kinks into this series, and I couldn't list them all now. But I suppose I consider the main story elements to be mind control, memory and personality alteration, wardrobe changes, downgrade, power loss, bondage, humiliation and lezdom.

Otherwise, enjoy, let's begin.

-------------------------

Wonder Woman and the Pampered Princess (1/1)

Wonder Woman fumed as she struggled to free herself. This was outrageous! How dare that witch change the rules like this! Diana was the one who was supposed to be defeating her enemies and then tying them up with her special magical lasso, not her! “This isn’t fair,” Wonder Woman complained, arms still pinned to her sides. “The lariat is supposed to be MY thing, not yours, Circe!”

The dark sorceress Circe, who continued to invent new ways to use her black magic to torment and embarrass Diana year after year, laughed maliciously. “Oh, but Blunder Wimp, you know I love it when life isn’t being fair to you.”

Diana kept trying to use her Amazonian strength to snap the ropes looped around her, preventing her from using her arms. So far they weren’t budging, but they couldn’t bind her forever. Only the Lariat of Truth was strong enough to do that, and what Circe had, it wasn’t it! In fact, Diana’s lariat was still firmly attached to her waist. This was just some sort of cheap magical copy, and Wonder Woman refused to believe that something made from Circe’s magic could be more powerful than her. “Ooooo, you make me so mad, Circe!” Diana grumbled. “When I get out of this, I’m going to make you sorry, and you know I’m telling the truth!”

“How would I know that?” Circe asked. “It’s not like these ropes have the magical power to, say, compel you to speak truthfully or something.”

“It – it doesn’t?” Diana said, surprised enough to momentarily stop struggling. “Why not?”

Circle chuckled. “Because, if I wanted one of THOSE, I’d just steal yours. It’s not that difficult after all, I’ve stolen it from you at least a half-dozen times.”

Wonder Woman’s cheeks burned. Circe had just gotten lucky those other times!

"Like remember that time I used your Lasso on Batman? And I got him to confess to all the ways in which past Justice League missions had been compromised by your reckless bumbling? Good times, am I right?"

Diana thought that was a gross exaggeration. Batman was so judgmental, and his standards were so high! “Then what is this thing, and why does it look so much like my Lariat of Truth?” It looked just like her lariat, and it felt mostly the same, although there WAS something a little bit different about it, she thought.

“Well, you have your Lariat,” Circe replied, “and now I have my Lasso of Lies!” She smugly held up the other end of the lasso, gripped securely in her left hand.

“Lasso of . . . Lies?” Wonder Woman asked, almost not believing her ears. “That’s so you! Well, if you want me to tell lies, I’ve got one for you. Circe, you don’t look a day over seventy-five!”

Circe smiled thinly. Wonder Woman knew the witch had always hated her for aging much more gracefully. “It’s not that kind of lasso, dearie. You shouldn’t feel too bad for mixing them up, though. You should be used to making Blunders by now!”

For the thousand time, Wonder Woman wished she’d chosen a name that didn’t rhyme with a word that meant “stupid mistake”.

“No,” Circe explained, “when someone is tied up in my Lasso, its enchantment forces YOU to believe any lie told by ME.”

This time Diana laughed, even as she twisted and struggled to break her bonds. “That’s the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I don’t believe it!”

“And why would you? I was telling the truth,” Circe said. “On the other hand, if I was to tell you that one of my henchmen has snuck up behind you and is about to pinch your bottom - “

Wonder Woman instantly spun around. “No, don’t you dare . . . pinch . . . “ Her voice trailed off when she realized no one was behind her. “What just happened? Where did he go?”

“Who?” Circe asked snidely.

“You know who! That sleavy perv henchman of yours, he was going to pinch my butt!”

“Ho ho ho, now who’s ridiculous? There was no henchman, I was lying. I don't even employ henchmen, you've known that for years. And yet you believed me!”

Diana froze, and then swallowed. She remembered now, Circe had said the Lasso made you believe her lies. And when Circe had lied about a man behind her, Wonder Woman had immediately believed her. If Circe could use this Lasso to brainwash someone into believing something in spite of all evidence to the contrary, then what other lies could Circe make her believe? That Wonder Woman was a supervillain, not a superhero? Or worse even than a supervillain, that she was Circe’s sidekick? Or worst of all, that Circe actually – looked younger than her??

“Hmmm, I wonder what lie I can make you believe next?” Circe asked herself, echoing Diana’s thoughts.

“Circe, whatever you’re going to do,” Wonder Woman started to say, hating the whiny note that always seemed to enter her voice when she started pleading.

“Oh, I know! But first, let’s set the stage with a spell!” Circe circled one finger in the air and then waved her right hand, causing a mass of shining sparkles to fly toward Wonder Woman, circling her feet and then swirling around her, up and up and up, until it reached the top of her head.

There was a flash of light, and for a moment, Diana couldn’t see.

And then suddenly, Diana wished she still couldn’t. Because her outfit was – gone!

Not that she was naked, although Wonder Woman kind of wished she was. Instead of her red, gold and blue superheroine costume, Diana was wearing a bright pink satin dress with short, puffy sleeves, a white bodice, a narrow waist, and a full, puffy skirt. It looked almost like something Scarlett O'Hara would wear, or a princess from a fairy tale.

Her arms were no longer bare. Now she was wearing tight white opera gloves that stretched all the way up past her elbows. Meanwhile her belt of power had been replaced with a wide white ribbon tied around her waist, and her golden bracers were now matching diamond bracelets around her wrists. Diana looked down and lifted one leg so she could see her foot, and that was different too. Instead of a knee-high red boot, she was wearing some kind of pastel pink satin slipper.

Even her golden tiara felt different. Wonder Woman turned her head left and right.

"Looking for something?" Circe asked smugly. "A horse and carriage perhaps?"

"No, you hag, a mirror."

"Oooh, I've been hoping you'd say that." Circe pulled out a golden mirror as if it had been hidden behind her back the whole time, showing Diana her reflection. The heroine gasped in shock and anger. On her head now sat an ornate but fragile-looking diamond tiara, exactly the sort of ornament you’d expect royalty to wear.

There was no way around it. Circe had dressed her like a Disney Princess!

Diana glared at the awful woman now laughing at her. She was like the wicked stepmother, the Evil Queen, and Hansel and Gretel’s witch, all rolled into one! “What in Hera’s name is this?!”

“What?” Circe asked. “You’re an Amazon princess, aren’t you? I was just thinking that you never look very princess-y when I see you, and I decided to see what you’d look like as one.”

“Fine, you saw, if I'd known you wanted to see me dressed like Cinderella, you could have just asked,” Wonder Woman growled, not even noticing that once again, she’d taken what Circe said at face value. “Not that I would have agreed anyway. Now change me back!”

“Why would I do that?”

“Because I never wear crap like this!”

“Don’t be absurd, Princess Diana. You and I both know that you’ve been a delicate pampered princess your whole life. You never even bother to lift a finger to do something yourself any more, because your servants always do it for you first. That’s why I’ve abducted you, because you’re incapable of saving yourself! You’re incapable of ever being anything more than a damsel-in-distress,” Circe said, looking directly into Wonder Woman’s eyes as she blatantly lied through her teeth.

Diana felt a sort of brief tremor, and then nothing. She didn’t really believe that – did she?

Like Hades she did!

“Nice try, witch,” Diana retorted defiantly. “But I don’t think your lasso is up to the task of making me believe such a huge whopper of a lie!”

Circe shrugged. “Not right away, anyway. Making you believe some random man is behind you, that’s one thing, that’s easy. Making you believe you’re a helpless princess, passively waiting to be rescued? Well, that’s probably going to take a lot of changes. But it’s not like you’re getting out of those ropes any time soon, Princess.”

“Stop calling me Princess,” Diana snapped. “That’s not who I am.”

“You’re not a princess?”

“No! Well, okay, yes, I am a princess,” Wonder Woman admitted, “a princess of the Amazons. But we are a proud, brave and strong people! I was raised to be a ruler, a general and a leader, not some silly, spoiled debutante with a crown!” As if to punctuate her statement, she increased the effort she was putting into breaking free of Circe’s so-called Lasso of Lies. Honestly, asking me if I’m not a princess, she thought to herself. Couldn’t she tell from the dress that I’m of noble blood? Does just anyone go around wearing a diamond bracelet on each arm?

“Thanks for clearing that up,” Circe said dryly.

“Hmph,” Diana said. “I am Wonder Woman, Princess of the Amazons, and whatever you may think, witch, I will free myself from these ropes binding me, and I will escape! You’d better just untie me now, if you know what’s good for you. I demand it!”

Circe didn’t move to release her, though. She didn’t even speak. She just watched with a strange little smile.

“Fine, be that way,” Diana muttered, although her struggles began to lessen a bit. She really was a bitch . . . a bitchy witch. Wait, this Circe, she was no ordinary woman, she was an REAL witch with ACTUAL magic powers. If she wasn’t careful, this witch could turn her into – what else but a frog? Goodness, then she’d have warts! “As I was saying, I am Princess Diana of the Amazons,” she said, moderating the tone of her voice. She also further eased up on her attempts to physically break free of the ropes, in order to be diplomatic. Plus she was starting to break a sweat, which wasn't very ladylike. “And I would consider it a great personal favor if you would free me, please. You won’t be able to keep me here forever, you know, I will find a way to escape. If you were to untie me and let me go now, things will go much more smoothly for you. I might even be persuaded not to give your name and location to authorities.”

“That’s very generous of you,” Circe said, but still she made no move towards her.

Diana groaned and stomped a slippered foot petulantly. “Is it money you want? I am Princess Diana, after all. My mother is the queen, and she is very wealthy. Whatever ransom you are asking for, I’m sure she will pay it. Also, look at my bracelets. Those are real diamonds. You could sell those for a fortune.” Princess Diana thought very hard about what else she could offer her enigmatic, scary captor, as her struggles with the lasso became little more than a token effort. “You could even sell the individual gemstones from my tiara! Please just make your demands and my mother will do what it takes, I bet she won’t even alert the authorities, she’ll just give you your money and you can let me go.”

Circe continued to stand there, motionless, staring at her intensely. And it was starting to creep the princess out. Why was she looking at her that way?? What did she want from her?? “I beg you, please,” Princess Diana said, her voice trembling with emotion as she choked back a tear, “please let me go. At least untie me, I won’t run, where would I run in this dress? I can’t even open a doorknob with these satin gloves on. These ropes are chafing my skin, as my skin creams have not been applied since my cruel captivity began.” She shook, not from the effort of trying to free herself, but out of fear. “What do you want from me? Do you want me to cry? Do you want me to beg and plead? That’s all I can do, I have always been loved by our people, so I have never needed to fear for my safety, and I have no aptitude or knowledge of how to defend myself.” The tears wouldn’t stop coming now, and she wept openly, slowly dropping to her knees. She would have clasped her hands together if she could move her arms. “Please, please have mercy on me, I am weak and alone and afraid, I miss Mother! Please don’t hurt me, I am merely a helpless damsel who cannot possibly threaten you and who is utterly powerless to defy you! What price must I pay for my freedom, for my safety??”

------------------------------------------

For a long minute neither of them spoke, although Princess Diana continued sniffling and weeping where she knelt, her face starting to turn red and splotchy. Circe found this quite amusing, but she was wasting time when even MORE amusing modifications were yet to be made. “For starters,” she finally said, “you can admit what we both know you’ve been thinking since I abducted you.”

Princess Diana looked both bewildered and anxious, two looks she could get used to seeing on the former Amazon's face. Clearly she was confused as to what this strange woman could possibly mean? “What’s that?”

“From the moment you laid eyes on me,” Circe said, staring directly into the princess' eyes so that she was transfixed by her gaze, “you have been envious of the fact that my face and my body are more beautiful than yours.”

By now, Circe wagered, Diana was already so transformed by the Lasso that her mind had formed an unlikely close partnership with the very magic that was erasing the woman she once was. That was the truly brilliant aspect of her latest magical creation. What Circe had done was, in magical theory, completely beyond the limits of a single magical artifact, even in the hands of the most knowledgeable and experienced spellcaster to ever live (and live and live). Removing all of Blunder Woman's memories was one thing; writing her a lifetime's worth of NEW memories was an exponentially more difficult task altogether. And Circe would have to do all of that, while ALSO making massive alterations to the heroine's very nature and personality, without Diana's consent. Even trying to do that to a willing subject would require the use of so much magical energy that Circe's body wouldn't be able to hold it all in. Not only would she spontaneously combust, but the magical explosion would take out Diana and half of Circle's castle. It would be closer to the realm of possibility if Circe tried using multiple Lassos, but activating two or more magical items, and then funneling magical power through them simultaneously? Even if they were all copies of the same item? That was highly dangerous unless you were working with the simplest of spells. One mistake and Circe could fry every synapse in both women's brains.

EVERY option was highly dangerous, and while Circe might not have cared about Wonder Bitch's welfare, she cared quite a lot more about her own. And even if she could successfully pull it off without destroying herself, it might very well not WORK. Again, this would be a whole lifetime of new memories, all of which Circe would be responsible for. She couldn't just half-ass it. Each and every memory had to fit like a perfectly assembled 1,000,000-piece jigsaw puzzle. There could be no conflicts, no gaps. If Circe was careless or inattentive or just plain forgetful for even a few seconds, she could ruin everything. What if Diana realized she had fond memories of a random fancy ball when she was eleven, but she also remembered having a conversation with a friend when she was fourteen where she talked about how embarrassing that ball was for her? What if she remembered having a pet but not what its name was or what it looked like? What if she realized she couldn't remember a single thing that happened on her seventeenth birthday? Any sort of mental disconnect like that could trigger a chain reaction that would bring the whole manufactured memory crashing down, causing the princess to have a nervous breakdown or even a psychotic break. Again, Circe didn't care about Diana's mental health. The scheme she was working on could cause YEARS of torment for her archnemesis, and Circe wasn't about to squander the opportunity because her brain lost touch with reality after three days. In fact, it was actually a bit ironic that, once the magical changes and alterations were completed, Diana's mind would actually be better off if her new memories and personality remained in place. Breaking the spell would just end up being self-destructive.

When Circe first had that thought, that was when she had her breakthrough. What if she could "trick" Diana's mind into doing most of the heavy lifting for her? She didn't have to do it all herself. She had to do JUST enough so that the brain filled in the rest in a kind of warped self-preservation instinct. Once Circe's alterations pushed her enemy's mind past a point of no return, Diana's subconscious would have more incentive to cooperate with the "lesser evil" of her memories being altered, than it would to continue fighting, thus risking the "greater evil" of no longer being able to distinguish reality from fiction.

Judging by the outcome, her experiment so far was a success. Even now, faced with a new reality and unable to do anything about, Diana's mind was probably doing all it could to maintain her sanity. Thanks to the magic of the Lasso, when Diana heard an obvious Lie, like a switch it was immediately flipped to Truth, and her mind just as instantly created context for this "new" Truth. Once her mind fully accepted the idea that Wonder Woman was actually a pampered princess without super powers or combat training, it should have started filtered out all of her memories of anything distinctly “Amazonian” right away, creating a new narrative where Diana, while still the sole daughter and heir of the seemingly ageless Queen Hippolyta, was now a somewhat spoiled and superficial princess of a small, vaguely European kingdom, as well as an out-of-shape young woman thanks to a soft and easy upbringing. And if Circe was right, then Diana's next words would not only reveal she now accepted as true the sorceress' lie about the princess envying her looks, but also the means by which her mind had fit her envy into the new narrative.

“Oh, that,” Princess Diana said, downcast. “From my childhood I learned that princesses were young and beautiful and radiant, and that witches were old and gross and ugly and sometimes green! How can I not be resentful when the witch is prettier than I am?” she complained. "I've become quite used to being the most beautiful woman in the room, so long as Mother isn’t there. But now I've been kidnapped by a woman who is both a horribly wicked sorceress, and a true beauty whose looks effortlessly surpass my own! Every time I look at you, I hate you for what you've done to me, and I also hate you for reminding me once again that I'm now the LEAST beautiful woman here."

Then Diana submissively dropped her gaze to the floor, as if she could no longer bear those reminders of her own overshadowed beauty. "I have been made to feel inferior and intimidated before," she mumbled. "I did not enjoy it then, and I enjoy it even less now."

“Hm, it’s a start, I guess,” Circe said, managing to keep the delight from her voice. “On your feet, Princess.”

Diana quickly stumbled to her feet, and Circe tugged on the Lasso without much force. Even that bare minimum of effort was enough to pull the newly weak and passive Princess Diana forward a couple steps. “Your cell at the top of the tower is calling you.” It was actually a far cry from a “cell”, but anything less than luxury accommodations would feel substandard to the pampered princess, and it would make the former Wonder Woman feel even more like the most stereotypical type of damsel-in-distress there was, the princess trapped in a lonely, isolated tower.

“Nooooo,” Princess Diana moaned piteously. “Why haven’t you demanded a ransom from my mother? I told you, she’ll pay it right away.”

“I don’t know, maybe I want you to stay here forever,” Circe replied evilly, although this was a half-truth at best. The princess couldn’t know that Circe DEFINITELY wanted her there forever, so Circe could go on finding new ways to torment the Pathetic, Pitiful Princess with her magic and her Lasso, safe and secure in the knowledge that she had beaten Wonder Woman, and nothing would ever change that. “Even though you’re always making messes to be cleaned up. You know, for a princess, you really are a blundering accident waiting to happen.”

Princess Diana turned bright red from embarrassment at the insult, although Circe was more interested to see whether the Lasso and Diana's subverted mind would now work together to make some adjustments to the princess' hand-eye and motor coordination skills, thus making her even more of a Blunder Girl than ever. “Why must you be so mean to me, when I’m so powerless to resist you?” she asked, although it sounded a lot more like a childish whine.

“Because it’s fun, why else do you think I enjoy having you here? Now come on. If you want me to be in a good mood after I drag you back to your cell, I want to keep seeing more distress out of you,” Circe said, enjoying herself thoroughly. “Maybe try resisting me as I pull you, even though you know it won’t work. You could trip on the hem of your dress, fall backwards and land on your butt. Oh, and also a lot of crying out and pleading for some imaginary savior to come and rescue poor, pitiful you.”

"I would have done all those things withought asking, though," Diana muttered pathetically.

So as Circe began to literally drag Princess Diana through her lair with the Lasso, up to her new permanent home in the sky, she twisted the rope in her hands, which would cause Diana's bonds to tighten further, maybe enough to leave painful red indentations on her arms. She was rewarded with a whimper, and even more by the next words she barely heard her prisoner whisper. “When will a Prince come to rescue me?? Or even better, a Superhero?? Like Wonder Woman!!”

The End. (To be continued in Part 2)
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Lovely work!
Ericc15
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

tmon wrote:
2 years ago
Lovely work!
Thank you so much for being the first and only person to say they liked it 😊
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Of course I had already read the original. I search the internet for WW fanfiction. :)
briantk
Neophyte
Neophyte

I love the interesting twist to superheroine in peril in this story.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Interesting take on mind control. Good work.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025