A villain you wish they did more with…

General discussions about superheroines!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I was driving yesterday and was thinking about forgotten Batman villains. Simon the Pieman came to mind. He was original to the old Filmation cartoon in the sixties or early seventies and only appeared in two episodes, but put Batgirl a bunch of interesting death-traps, including spreadeagle under a giant press, dangling above a shark filled moat, dropping her in a well and drowning her in chocolate syrup, not to mention tying up Barbara Gordon with a gratuitous large choke rope. His secret identity was a a kindly fat Old Mother Hubbard.

I always thought, “I like cut of his jib…” I would have loved to see him portrayed in the live action Batman Season 4 (the one where they lose Robin and make Batgirl the cannon fodder for all traps…)

If you could go into the way back machine and resurrect some old TV or movie villains and give them new life, who would like to see? Feel free to cross pollinate heroines if you want.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'd bring back Sandman. Not enough of the sleepy stuff.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
I'd bring back Sandman. Not enough of the sleepy stuff.
I would not have minded watching Batgirl waking up on mattress stitching machine…
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The Gookworm was under used and the Atman 66 comic story ws a waste versus librarian Barbara Gordon/Batgirl. So many book plots he could use with Batgirl trying to figure out the references.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
I was driving yesterday and was thinking about forgotten Batman villains. Simon the Pieman came to mind. He was original to the old Filmation cartoon in the sixties or early seventies and only appeared in two episodes, but put Batgirl a bunch of interesting death-traps, including spreadeagle under a giant press, dangling above a shark filled moat, dropping her in a well and drowning her in chocolate syrup, not to mention tying up Barbara Gordon with a gratuitous large choke rope. His secret identity was a a kindly fat Old Mother Hubbard.

I always thought, “I like cut of his jib…” I would have loved to see him portrayed in the live action Batman Season 4 (the one where they lose Robin and make Batgirl the cannon fodder for all traps…)

If you could go into the way back machine and resurrect some old TV or movie villains and give them new life, who would like to see? Feel free to cross pollinate heroines if you want.
Since we are keeping with the 60s Batman

The Wandering Minstral- I love his song at the end after he captured.

Lady Prudence form the three parter with Lord and Lady Fogg, we never knew what he plan was to double cross Lord Fogg
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

Since we are keeping with the 60s Batman

The Wandering Minstral- I love his song at the end after he captured.

Lady Prudence form the three parter with Lord and Lady Fogg, we never knew what he plan was to double cross Lord Fogg
I think everyone would like to see Batgirl get rotisserie cooked by the Minstrel, and I actually wrote a very graphic one off story about Prudence (viewtopic.php?p=174320&hilit=Batgirl+prudence#p174320).

I was thinking more broadly… Like Benita Bizzare, who tied up Joy from the Bugaloos and threatened to kill her with the needle of a giant record player. or Fausta from WW taking on Batgirl. Witchy Poo from HR Puffenstuff was never given any attract females to menace. It begs the imagination where that magic flute might have gone if she had encounter Chris from Charlie’s Angels…
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

CBS WW had a number of missed opportunities. And those villains could have caused trouble elsewhere. For instance, the Pied Piper would have easily subdued any other Superheroine's mental defenses. I'm thinking Melissa Benoist's Supergirl for example...
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
If you could go into the way back machine and resurrect some old TV or movie villains and give them new life, who would [you] like to see?
Captain America had a savate-based villain named Batroc the Leaper who was cool and fun, as savate always is.

The big dog has to be Bizarro, the anti-Superman, who seems to be entirely forgotten these days. I'll grant that the Doomsday mythos superseded him and his character concept isn't originally as "gritty," but he is also *literally* the inverse- or para-Superman that has now been made fashionable by The Watchmen, Invincible, The Boys, Injustice, and various other properties. Of all underused villain ideas, I think this one stands out the most. (He even arguably has a thematic connection to the present in the form of the inverse-reality inhabited by present-day fascist movements and dictatorships: he'd be a natural villain to be helming the chaotic Russian attempt on Ukraine, for example, with his customary irrationality even helping to explain some of why all of the chaos and incompetence is happening and why anything they claim is always the exact inverse of the facts).

Blackbriar Thorn was pretty rad in the Green Lantern mythos. A lot more could've been done with him.

SHIP-friendly: One of my favorite Batman stories ever was the one that featured Deacon Blackfire, a cult leader who succeeded, briefly, in brainwashing the Caped Crusader. This is more of a SHIP interest concept: Deacon Blackfire's story was over the moment he did what he did in canon, but if you're into mind-control superheroine stories, he presents a lot of squicky possibilities.

Doctor Midas collected superhero oddities and acquired a diverse range of powers and had a sidekick called Oubliette. Fabulous character from the mind of Grant Morrison, it's sad that he was a one-off.

Kraven the Hunter should always have been an A-list villain and I don't fully understand why he never got there.

Moonstone is basically Black Adam to Captain Marvel's... uhhh, Captain Marvel... but I don't think a lot of people know this.

Mordru is one of my fave villains basically ever. I also love the alien space pirate Kivun Roxxas, who had a perfect combination of menace and foppish style that I've loved ever since I saw Tim Ross in Rob Roy. The Legion of Super-Heroes was legendary for some pretty shitty hero ideas (looking at you, Stone Boy), but their villains were fucking rad.

Morg in the Marvel Universe never got more than one appearance AFAIK but he was the most terrifying Herald of Galactus ever, because he was absolutely the most 100% into it.

Villains that have massive skill-sets and can also possess new bodies have limitless potential. Cf. the Wolverine ninja villain Ogun, who coincidentally also bears the name of a Vodoun lwa. What if a villain like that possessed someone like, say, Superman or the Hulk?

The Tattooed Man would be a bomb-assed villain for street-level heroes and has never been used to his full potential, I think. A Tattooed Man gang would be pretty formidable opposition for even more powerful heroes or heroines.
Last edited by NotUv2 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Condiment King.
Stilt Man.
Also Modok would be good. Ego the size of his head.
Purple Man.
Bad Rogue draining powers.
Damselbinder

Apocalypse. I'm one of the few people that DIDN'T hate his titular X-Men movie, for all the genuinely stupid aspects of it (wow, so Apocalypse once took a mutant power from a guy in ancient Egypt who could analyse electrical/television signals? How did he know he even HAD that power?), and I would have liked to see him get a bit more screen time. It's a difficult one with these big, purple, space eviloids now that Thanos has sort of cornered the market on that vibe, but I think En-Sabah-Nur is enough of his own animal.

But it will probably never happen, lol.
Widestance
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Shame, because he sure knew how to use them thar ropes.
Ericc15
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Condiment King! “Let’s see if you can cut the mustard!”
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I would have loved to have seen more Colonel Gumm. I concede Roger C. Carmel chews up the scenery. But he's still fun!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I really liked Gumm. I imagined Pinky Pinkston as a college Room mate of Barbara Gordon and introduced her to lesbian BDSM. Among other businesses Pinky owned Genital Electric, makers of electrically powered sex toys.

Oh… back to Gumm. I think he was great because he had an actual handle bar mustache to twirl. You also have to love a guy with glue based death traps and giant presses that seem to have no other purpose than killing heroines. It’s a shame he did not get any season three action, he would have made a great foil for Batgirl.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
Widestance wrote:
1 year ago
I bet he could have worked Batgirl into a nice fast takedown hogtie followed by a clit tickling crotch knot!!!
I think Batgirl staked out for a stampede would have been hot as fuck.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
Widestance wrote:
1 year ago
I bet he could have worked Batgirl into a nice fast takedown hogtie followed by a clit tickling crotch knot!!!
YES!!! Another good one would be for Shame to mount her on horseback, tie her elbows and wrists behind her back with a noose around her neck, cleave gagged just sweating away waiting if the horse will get spooked and run out from under her...she better hope the horse is blind and deaf!!!
I'd rather see Calamity Jane or Okie Annie doing the hogtying
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
Widestance wrote:
1 year ago
YES!!! Another good one would be for Shame to mount her on horseback, tie her elbows and wrists behind her back with a noose around her neck, cleave gagged just sweating away waiting if the horse will get spooked and run out from under her...she better hope the horse is blind and deaf!!!
I'd rather see Calamity Jan or Okie Annie doing the hogtying
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I remember Penguin saying about Batgirl "Bridle that Filly!".
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Penguin Bridling BG would have been amazingly hot
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
Penguin Bridling BG would have been amazingly hot
Penguin putting Batgirl over the vat of Sulfuric Acid would have been great. I loved how he played that scene. Was a trap like this, asking too much of season three?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Penguin, man about town and general lady's man, decides since he can't marry Barbara Gordon to get immunity from the police as the son-in-law of the commissioner sets his sights on Batgirl.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Visitor wrote:
1 year ago
Penguin, man about town and general lady's man, decides since he can't marry Barbara Gordon to get immunity from the police as the son-in-law of the commissioner sets his sights on Batgirl.
A quick variation of the game “fuck, marry, kill” ensues where Penguin tries all three…
Widestance
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Visitor wrote:
1 year ago
A quick variation of the game “fuck, marry, kill” ensues where Penguin tries all three…
Maybe then we'd see some Batgirl leg.

One of life's great injustices is that Robin the BOY Wonder showed leg and BatGIRL didn't.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Widestance wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Visitor wrote:
1 year ago

One of life's great injustices is that Robin the BOY Wonder showed leg and BatGIRL didn't.
Oh, come on! That purple catsuit showed more curves that just about any costume other than Catwoman’s for the entire decade. Barbara Gordon even had an episode in a bathing suit. With the exception of the mini dresses on Star Trek, what show was more gratuitous with the curves that Batman?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The British TV show The Avengers had Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) in a variety of catsuits and stylish dresses. A favorite was "The Girl fromAuntie" where with her in the skin tight white bird outfit in a gilded cage.

The Man from U.M.C.L.E. had Yvonne Craig ,as a guest star, working on her tan in a bikini.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmPL86HECsQ

The show almost always had attractive woman although not in as tight outfits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0-yNrzHdE
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
CBS WW had a number of missed opportunities. And those villains could have caused trouble elsewhere. For instance, the Pied Piper would have easily subdued any other Superheroine's mental defenses. I'm thinking Melissa Benoist's Supergirl for example...
One of the bad parts of the time jump to the 1970s that they did after the first season was that they couldn't bring back Paula Von Gunther and Fausta, who were so memorable in their single appearances.

I'd have liked to see Mariposa come back for another appearance, as well. Even if he is more Diana Prince's nemesis rather than Wonder Woman's.

They could probably have gotten some of the Batman villains to reprise their roles. Frank Gorshin did turn up as the old toymaker in "The Deadly Toys" but he could have easily played the Riddler again.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Lurkndog wrote:
1 year ago
brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
One of the bad parts of the time jump to the 1970s that they did after the first season was that they couldn't bring back Paula Von Gunther and Fausta, who were so memorable in their single appearances.

I'd have liked to see Mariposa come back for another appearance, as well. Even if he is more Diana Prince's nemesis rather than Wonder Woman's.

They could probably have gotten some of the Batman villains to reprise their roles. Frank Gorshin did turn up as the old toymaker in "The Deadly Toys" but he could have easily played the Riddler again.
In another thread, someone posted that they had to tone down the bondage and domination when they moved networks. That is why in the 70s no WW bondage and no knock outs
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Widestance wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Visitor wrote:
1 year ago

Oh, come on! That purple catsuit showed more curves that just about any costume other than Catwoman’s for the entire decade. Barbara Gordon even had an episode in a bathing suit. With the exception of the mini dresses on Star Trek, what show was more gratuitous with the curves that Batman?
True, that why in our genre, the superheroines unless they are nude are more sexy in bondage than in half costumes
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
I'm wondering why the current crop of spandex characters on CW etc don't look all that good even though they too are wearing tight costumes. I think maybe Craig also added a large amount of femininity to her role. They way she stood, her running etc. Linda Carter was the same way. Very feminine running. I know of no female character in spandex that brings any feminine posture or composure.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
Some more Shame!!!Screenshot_20220502-105850~2.pngScreenshot_20220502-105945~2.pngScreenshot_20220502-105834~2.pngScreenshot_20220502-105819~2.pngScreenshot_20220502-105934~2.png
Very nice stuff.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Now if Batwoman did THAT I would watch regardless of the plot. Girl had some nice curves.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Okay, this is one of the great Bat-traps I wish batgirl had been subjected to. I regretted that his moll, Shirley, captured Batgirl in a most epic way and then failed to go totally medieval on her. He dangled Robin over crocodiles and tried to boil him in oil (a long with a captured babe), and never gave Batgirl a commensurate death trap. I would have loved to have put Batgirl in a clear glass sarcophagus bound and gagged and lowered into pool, like he did with Batman. The little poem he give that the end was a classic villain gloat.

Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Victor Burno could do such an excellent over the top villain hamming it up. From King Tut to the head of Big O in Matt Helm's "The Silncers" to the only reoccurring villain inThe Man From Atlantis. There he kept plotting to take over the world, but after every set back he had to do it on a smaller budget and with less minions much like on Batman.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
1 year ago
Victor Burno could do such an excellent over the top villain hamming it up. From King Tut to the head of Big O in Matt Helm's "The Silncers" to the only reoccurring villain inThe Man From Atlantis. There he kept plotting to take over the world, but after every set back he had to do it on a smaller budget and with less minions much like on Batman.
I always loved how he would totally ham up the role then snap back to reality over something petty.