What is "sexy"?

General discussions about superheroines!
Bert

Sexy is what Kim Kardashian says it is.
Last edited by Bert 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Supergirllegend
Henchman
Henchman

I totally get what you are saying. Personally I don't like excessive, gratuitous nudity or skimpy uniforms. It takes away the mystery. Less is more I suppose- if the skirt is too short there is no such thing as an upskirt. I find when the costume is respected and the heroine looks good in it, takes pride in her costume and then it is messed with- that's a turn on. Like the Phantom Zone scene. The costume is completely wrecked at the character's most vulnerable moment. For me that's a turn on- not gratuitous sexual exploits or getting beaten/ chocked. I like the simpler things. So far I haven't really found anything that matches up with that- and I've wasted a lot of money on videos that have just disappointed me.

Sorry for my rambling lol
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Sexy is subjective.

While I agree with you that too little is more slutty than sexy. There is enough material out there that is made for those than want slutty, Most of those videos lose my interest when the costume comes off.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
2 years ago
Sexy is subjective.

While I agree with you that too little is more slutty than sexy. There is enough material out there that is made for those than want slutty, Most of those videos lose my interest when the costume comes off.
I agree Sexy is subjective

We all have our own turnons and turnoff

I don't have a problem with Wonder Woman with just her tiara or Batgirl with just her cowl
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I think a fine and upstanding superheroine ought to wear a costume commensurate with that dignified air of a gorgeous superheroine, albeit one that shows her alluring curves. I have seen some superheroines with costumes that look like a nighty or a piece of negligée with their boobs practically hanging out, that is not sexy, it crosses into the line of almost vulgar in my view. With sexy, I agree with you Supergilrllegend, leaving a bit of mystery makes that superheroine package all that more satisfying and rewarding to unwrap! I like your point Bert, and in a way, I find that aspect fascinating, if you show a little more skin, the heroine looks sexier and hotter, but if you obliterate that line, you lose that sexiness, mystery aspect. I still enjoy that skimpy Ms. Americana costume, but that is my exception to that mindset, perhaps I have grandfathered her in because she was probably the first superheroine I discovered when I found the world of Internet SHP. Yes, I agree, sexy is subjective, everybody has a different view of what they think is sexy.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

A slutty costume works for me as well as a classy costume. Something as explicit as Angel Blade still works as a heroine. For me the appeal is the attitude (A brave woman confidently facing off against evil) and costume (an extravagant or bigger than life outfit to enhance their heroic persona). Classy and slutty can both work as long as some part of the costume stays on to indicate she's a heroine and not just some naked chick and she acts like a heroine through the story, or at least the beginning of the story if it's a corruption plot.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I find a heroines attitude the sexiest part. Batgirl, WW, Emma Peel or Penelope Pitstop always struggled and remained defiant no matter the futility of the situation. They never caved or begged. A skin tight out fit is sexy, especially when amply restrained by a gloating villain, but her ability spit it back at her captors is sexy… despite a thick gag.
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

What is sexy in the super heroine peril genre....

A little more seriously, I love a sexy, confident super heroine who can back up her attitude, but with a vulnerability that bad guys can exploit (like depowering). The costume is KEY for me. I hate 90% of the video costumes. But when they nail it... Oh yes.

Tight, attractive costume, stiletto heels boots (preferable thigh high), and a mask. Those are the things I look for physically. Oh, and a bikini model body. Her boobs don't have to be huge, but larger than average is best.

So a lot of the appeal really is visual, even how a writer describes his MC is important to me.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DonShip wrote:
2 years ago
What is sexy in the super heroine peril genre....

A little more seriously, I love a sexy, confident super heroine who can back up her attitude, but with a vulnerability that bad guys can exploit (like depowering). The costume is KEY for me. I hate 90% of the video costumes. But when they nail it... Oh yes.

Tight, attractive costume, stiletto heels boots (preferable thigh high), and a mask. Those are the things I look for physically. Oh, and a bikini model body. Her boobs don't have to be huge, but larger than average is best.

So a lot of the appeal really is visual, even how a writer describes his MC is important to me.
Good point about the costume

Two things that I find annoying

1. When a video combines a WW and a SG costume

2. Or a very cheap one
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Bert, I think you're fluffing up straw men and etching bifurcations where there are continua. What's your aim?

And honestly, what productions does your first paragraph describe? I think you need to provide several examples to be clear what you are, and aren't, Othering.
Bert

Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
Bert, I think you're fluffing up straw men and etching bifurcations where there are continua. What's your aim?

And honestly, what productions does your first paragraph describe? I think you need to provide several examples to be clear what you are, and aren't, Othering.
Thank you. I don't know what I was thinking. I've slightly altered my first post. I hope it comes closer to meeting your standards.
magical19122
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

U guys have some great idea...hope we can roleplay out some of these things u like;)
Suzi
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

magical19122 wrote:
2 years ago
U guys have some great idea...hope we can roleplay out some of these things u like;)
Suzi
Please keep roleplay discussion out of the main channels.
Thank you.