Catwoman: Hunted | Trailer | Warner Bros. Entertainment

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dated oct 2021. So is this out? Definitely anime style. Lots of adult innuendo.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I saw it mentioned on Best Buy's site, but I didn't remember the release date.

They can get away with more when they release it direct to video.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Watched it on Friday and made a post on my blog about it (with 2 videos):
https://maskripper.org/catwoman-and-bat ... -exclusive
:excl: :excl: :excl:
-
-
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

Gotta admit I haven't seen a full DC animated movie, or production for that matter, since the second season of the adult Harley Quinn animated series. But this one brought me back into the fold and definitely has its pleasing elements.

As Maskripper says in his revue, this is done in the current anime style which DC apparently thinks will appeal more to the younger audience they're trying to reach. No problem with that. But what's interesting is all the "retro" touches that would seem to go over
the younger audience's heads. I can compare this to 'Super Crooks', the Mark Millar animated superhero show which uses retro-70s imagery and music (DJ Towa Tei's 70s/disco funk), or Peacemaker, which is live-action but all the music is 1980s glam-hair-metal or imitations thereof.

And yes I'm aware that various Marvel films do lean on some classic rock tunes. But the Catwoman film go a bit further into left field. Much of the music is 1960s-style post-bop jazz (almost avant-garde, but not quite) and maybe a little of the James Bond-ish soundtrack vibe. So to me, it's intriguing that the visual style is very "now" (although the car chase scene does remind me a lot of Speed Racer!) while the soundtrack is practically boomer-era. There's no techno, no dubstep, none of the synthesized R&B/pop you hear on the Batwoman TV shows, and no bass drops. I guess there is hope for stylish productions nowadays. :)

Also as Maskripper says, this is a movie where essentially both Catwoman and Batwoman are in almost the whole thing the whole time. They are drawn fairly shapely, and then you also have the various other beautiful female characters like Barbara Minerva, Cheshire, Talia Al-Ghul and a relatively unknown character named Nosferata (vampire, natch) whom they plucked from a 1998 issue of Superboy. I mean, they literally proclaim two of the battles to be "catfights" in the script (one of the producers behind Young Justice is the writer here). So this production is definitely up this forum's main alley.

Of special note are some perils which Selina faces, as well as some sexy situations.
Spoiler

Unfortunately she's not tied up or restrained, but she does suffer an ignominious bearhug from Tobias Whale, and takes quite a beating while fighting the Cheetah including getting slashed in the abdomen and losing her goggles/mask. Also very enticing is the transformation which Barbara Minerva undergoes to become the Cheetah - it is a true super-sexy muscular "shrripping", and although she becomes a bit monstrous in the face, her body is magnificent. This is the first time, however, that I've seen Cheetah actually run around on all fours while chasing prey? I guess it's true to character.

No, Selina does not have sex with anyone in this (not even implied), but she's nearly naked in a bubble bath and does a great job of seducing and unmasking Batwoman in order to snatch her Batphone away. This particular movie really means to 'canonize' Catwoman's bisexuality on film as she now is in the comics, and it does it in the hottest way that's still possible to call PG-13.
Must say this is a strong recommend. Too early in the year to say if this is the best animated superheroine movie of 2022, but it will certainly be a Top 3 contender.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That bathtub scene had me so undecided of who I would rather be in that scene....cosplaying as both I have never felt so....confused.....Catwoman about to kiss Batwoman, a very strong independent lesbian being seduced by a bisexual chic who has probably had her fair share of licking kitty Kats clean almost making Kate dive in with no inhibitions...DAMN...NOE This is superheroines at their best!!!