The creature from this 1958 Sci Fi Movie make a great opponent for Supergirl and all Superheroines in Peril

General discussions about superheroines!
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

And, it would mean that Supergirls enemies from the Phantom Zone discover the existence of this horrible creature and free it from its natural prison.

She could not use her heat vision and by the time the thing is freed up, it is too big for her to use her freezing breath on it.

Actually, this would be a great film to be in the adult section of Supergirl Peril movies.

Another part of this peril film is that those from the Phantom zone learn to help the monster divide and quickly making it all the more a peril to the world and to all the Superheroines.

This video would require an evil Villaness with telepathic powers who heads up the Phantom Zone Escapees.

Questions would arise in such a movie:
Would all the Superheroines lose their life to the creature or
would only a select few die from being captured by it?

How would Supergilrl and the other Superheroines manage to escape from inside the monster and have some semblance of realism in the story line.

@Tallyho, you are a good writer, need you thoughts on this.

Could Evil Telepathic Woman be able to control all the alien forms to keep them from devouring every living thing including all endangered species?

And be able to keep all the alien forms from devouring any one under the age say of 21 or 25?

If this movie ever has a really good remake or sequel, it must be challenging and fun and putting into peril all the Superheroines is the ticket, maybe?
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

The Blog is legendary. Both a sequel and a remake have happened.

Genre producers who've dabbled in slime or tentacles have been less than enthusiastic about the labor/mess involved (on the way to some pretty good results) -- I suspect The Blob would be much worse. Sure, there's a little you could just do with large balloons or latex sheets, but I don't know that anybody wants to take a chance on developing effects that seem so likely to be really limited / really silly-looking.

Giga sometimes uses a huge rubber set with tentacles and slime for inside-the-monster vore -- that's the closest thing I can think of that worked at all-consuming scale.

But it's an appealing idea nonetheless. A bit like zombies, it seems easy enough to just avoid at first, but its grasp is surprising. It's unrelenting and overwhelming.

Something that seems inspired by The Blob is this scene from The Incredibles -- it also seems unfilmable, if slightly less so:

I imagine a sufficiently stalwart heroine might react similar to Barbarella in the Excessive Machine.

Probably best left to the written word, not that I wouldn't find failed live-action attempts entertaining to watch.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The Blob sucking a weakened Supergirl inside helpless is so hot ...her tight little body having her costume slowly dissolved exposing her goddess like physique, trying to breathe helplessly and unable to escape ..the clear red jelly like goo filling every hole no matter how tight in her body....
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
The Blob sucking a weakened Supergirl inside helpless is so hot ...her tight little body having her costume slowly dissolved exposing her goddess like physique, trying to breathe helplessly and unable to escape ..the clear red jelly like goo filling every hole no matter how tight in her body....
@batgirl

Your creative description above almost erected a stiff structure, thanks for the imagery.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Actually 3 blob movies.

That movie scared the ^&%$ out of me when I was a kid.
Supergirllegend
Henchman
Henchman

Sounds awesome!