2023 Site Upgrade News

Info regarding this website!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey everyone,

Thought I would create a new thread regarding the upgrades for the site.
I am in talks with hosting about different configurations for hardware, I've ordered a server but we are looking at some different options because believe it or not, this site spits out a lot of bandwidth from all the media that is stored on it. This is mostly due to bots and such and of course users and that is something we want to control moving forward.

So the plan at the moment is to try to get the hardware installed and configured within 2 weeks. I am going to try to get everything up by 3/1/2022 which will mean this existing forum will go into sunset/archive mode and no new topics will be allowed. People will still be able to reply to existing topics, but all new threads will be on the new site. In the event that a topic is so popular that it should have a place on the new board, there are tools in place to convert the threads. Which leads me to my next topic....

Stories
I think for now, the best play would be to convert all stories as topics on the new software. If someone has a better idea, this would be a good time to chime in, while I am still in the planning phase.
Wondersarah
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I’m not sure if you already have one but a discord server can also help out. It can be set up similar to this forum and now recently they added threads as well. If you need help making one I could lend a hand if need be.
Wondersarah
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Sweet I’ll be here or you can reach me at Wonder Woman 77#2133 on discord
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic wrote:
2 years ago
Hey everyone,

I am in talks with hosting about different configurations for hardware, I've ordered a server but we are looking at some different options because believe it or not, this site spits out a lot of bandwidth from all the media that is stored on it. This is mostly due to bots and such and of course users and that is something we want to control moving forward.

So the plan at the moment is to try to get the hardware installed and configured within 2 weeks. I am going to try to get everything up by 3/1/2022 which will mean this existing forum will go into sunset/archive mode and no new topics will be allowed. People will still be able to reply to existing topics, but all new threads will be on the new site. In the event that a topic is so popular that it should have a place on the new board, there are tools in place to convert the threads. Which leads me to my next topic....

Stories
I think for now, the best play would be to convert all stories as topics on the new software. If someone has a better idea, this would be a good time to chime in, while I am still in the planning phase.
I can understand why you would want to be protective of stories - especially when some effort has been put into locating and bringing back some older classics. However - that being said it would be a shame to waste an opportunity to consider some reforms to any new story section. The pre-existing stories could be in a legacy section for example while newer stuff could perhaps find a home in something more tailor made for the task of story handling? Perhaps featuring searcheable tags (M/f F/m F/f .... etc?)mm

I'd like it if authors could also have a space where they could specifically create a page of links to their own stories (like the page I link in my sig).

Lastly - I understand what you mean about bandwidth and so wonder what may happen to my existing screencap stories I have dotted around various sections of the forum as it is right now? Will they get moved too? Or are they getting a little burdensome for the site ? Just wondering.

AEM
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

MightyHypnotic wrote:
2 years ago
We have one and that was on my list for 2022 to get it up to speed. I'll send you a PM
Can I get an invite to the discord as well? Philo Hunter#8197
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Philo Hunter wrote:
2 years ago
MightyHypnotic wrote:
2 years ago
We have one and that was on my list for 2022 to get it up to speed. I'll send you a PM
Can I get an invite to the discord as well? Philo Hunter#8197
Absolutely!

Here it is, this link never expires:

https://discord.gg/atN5J3S
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey all. Quick update. I've started the process of moving this site to a faster server which should temporarily solve some of the forum woes.
Do you know that next year this forum will be 20 years old?? 20 years and we're still waiting for a proper "Like" button!
Soooooo..... this software will be sunsetting soon and I will be introducing a new interface. I am in the middle of testing at the moment and will probably take about a month to get all the kinks worked out.

I am sure it will take some getting used to but the forums will all still be there with a host of other integrated features.

Stay tuned.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Forget the upgrade, I just want to see some of your new movies !
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

xxxwarriorxxx wrote:
9 months ago
Forget the upgrade, I just want to see some of your new movies !
I am going to be doing that as well!

I'll save that for another thread.
VegaTaxeca
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Thanks for the info and the effort. :)
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
2 years ago
MightyHypnotic wrote:
2 years ago
Hey everyone,

Stories
I can understand why you would want to be protective of stories - especially when some effort has been put into locating and bringing back some older classics. However - that being said it would be a shame to waste an opportunity to consider some reforms to any new story section. The pre-existing stories could be in a legacy section for example while newer stuff could perhaps find a home in something more tailor made for the task of story handling? Perhaps featuring searcheable tags (M/f F/m F/f .... etc?)mm

I'd like it if authors could also have a space where they could specifically create a page of links to their own stories (like the page I link in my sig).

Lastly - I understand what you mean about bandwidth and so wonder what may happen to my existing screencap stories I have dotted around various sections of the forum as it is right now? Will they get moved too? Or are they getting a little burdensome for the site ? Just wondering.

AEM
Sorry I missed this one last year, haha!
I think story authors will love the new layout because they will be able to express themselves a bit more, like in your case with the screencap stories, the new software will work nicely with that. Plus you will have more of a real editing environment to quickly add font embellishments, spaces, paragraphs, etc...
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey everyone, thought I would give an update here.
I finally have the new software picked out, new servers have been selected and starting January 2024, I will begin the switchover to the new format.

All the forums will still be there, but you will all have to recreate your usernames at the new space. The URL will be the same and this forum will become an archive with a different URL. Everything here will still be intact, you will still be able to do everything except create new topics.

Not much else to report right now, once I start working on the site build, there will be previews, etc. It's been fun here but the new space should be even more entertaining!
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

OH interesting. Can’t wait. I can finally have a new username since I want to switch one for quite sometime.
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.