Barry Allens Father Henry Allen As The 1990 Version of The Flash

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I learned of this when watching an interview with John Wesley Shipp. Until the interview I did not know of the earlier version of The Flash.

My impression based on watching the pilot last night is, great.

If the only season of The Flash is as good as the pilot, then it should have continued, in my humble opinion. For those of you who remember this season, thoughts, please and thank you.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I watched some of the episodes and some were really good, but shows needed better ratings back then to survive and I forget what it was up against.

One of the best of the that season was Mark Hamill as the Trickster. He channeled a lot of the Joker when he did that on Batman: The Animated Series.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just rumor but I read somewhere that one of the reasons the show was canned was because Shipp was gay and they didn't want a gay leading man as a role model for kids. Again this is rumor.
magical19122
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

This kinda reminds me of Black Scorpion TV series. Did you guys watch that? I saw some clips..since it was only on 1 year, they must of KO'ed her like every episode?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

magical19122 wrote:
2 years ago
This kinda reminds me of Black Scorpion TV series. Did you guys watch that? I saw some clips..since it was only on 1 year, they must of KO'ed her like every episode?
I don't recall too many KOs and infact the show lacked erotica. I saw most of the episodes. Lots of canned car chase scenes. Only one time she got chained up or tied up. There was a cool scene where she got beat by a half dozen villains.

Joan Severance being KOed by some wrestlers. This is the movie not the show.
magical19122
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Yea, saw that one...quite a few guys have sent it to me and ask me to Roleplay it out. Guess it was on the Sci-Fi channel or something so they couldn't do much more, but it seems to be a great "starter" for guys.
S
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Here's where she's beat by a bunch of villains.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

She did get put down a lot Mr X, maybe 3 out of 5 episodes
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X
Nice if you had your own commentary, thank you.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Funky how we have The Flash being interviewed by Lex Luthor! :O
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Danorian wrote:
2 years ago
Funky how we have The Flash being interviewed by Lex Luthor! :O
He does have a good pod cast where he talks to all these old cast members. Talks about Nexium (sp?) for example.