Supergirl Season 6 (the final season)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

The show is for twelve-year-olds. The final run makes this plain enough. Everybody got to shoot lasers, the babysitters saved the magical five-year-old, love conquered all, there was a wedding and they sang and everyone was best friends, the end.

It's fine.

Now that it's over, there's more room for other interpretations and other superheroines to breathe.
sg.gif
sg.gif (9.38 MiB) Viewed 939 times
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
The show is for twelve-year-olds. The final run makes this plain enough. Everybody got to shoot lasers, the babysitters saved the magical five-year-old, love conquered all, there was a wedding and they sang and everyone was best friends, the end.

It's fine.

Now that it's over, there's more room for other interpretations and other superheroines to breathe.
sg.gif
Boring puke would have been more exciting. Why did they bring back Cat Grant as she was not the Cat Grant she was in season 1, not even the same person.
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
I don't know why I watched the last few episodes, but I did.
It got weird and silly and brought me right back to this:
Exactly - When everyone is super, no one will be.

James Olsen's power should have been from behind the lens of his camera. His sister's power should have been from her skill to read people and aid them in making themselves a better person. Lena's should be from her own genius, misguided as it sometimes could be. There could have been so much power in these characters, just from being human beings, that it should not require anything more for them to be special. This show was encumbered by bloat ... a sad way to end when things had started so well.
On the flip side, pretty much nobody on Legends uses powers anymore. And nobody has a costume.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

vnv7272 wrote:
2 years ago
On the flip side, pretty much nobody on Legends uses powers anymore. And nobody has a costume.
While it has been a while since anyone on Legends used a costume. Astra used magic on almost every episode. Nate (Steel) turned steel skin to deflect bullets two episodes ago. Spooner used her empathic power to project into another person's mind two episodes ago. Zari used the totem a few episodes.

True most don't use powers much this season. but you do get pure physical fights. Less CGI zaps and more fists and throws.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah, the finale was pretty much as expected.
Crazy fantasy elements, everyone is a hero, and
Spoiler
Supergirl loses her secret identity.
And I HATE that! It was always a good move to protect her secret identity and thereby protect her loved ones and herself.
It's completely insane to think it wouldn't be a problem and that they ALL could defend themselves against any threats.
I would like to see that blow up in Kara's face.
But ok, well, I have seen all the episodes and I will now forget that the last 2 seasons exist.
The Supergirl TV show has 4 seasons, everyone who says differently is a liar. ;)

-
By the way, is it just my imagination or was there a nipple to see as Lena was walking around without a bra and with a see-through top (more or less)?

By the way²: What an ugly haircut, Alex..... :wacko:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

Long-term epilogue to the Supergirl TV show.

Dreamer, the transgender heroine introduced to the Supergirl show, portrayed by Nicole Maines, is now going to enter the canon of the DC Comics universe thanks to writer Tom Taylor (who also canonized Superman's son Jon Kent as bisexual). Dreamer will debut in 'Superman: Son of Kal-El' #13, and the story is co-written by Maines.

Here's an article about it interviewing Taylor and Maines:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/10/nicol ... kal-el-13/

Then, Maines will write an original graphic novel about Dreamer, set in the DC Comics universe and drawn by nonbinary artist Rye Hickman. In it, she teams up with another brand-new trans heroine who debuted recently in the DC Comics universe: Galaxy, the Prettiest Star.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/02/dream ... dc-comics/
dreamer and galaxy.jpg
dreamer and galaxy.jpg (104.96 KiB) Viewed 583 times
So, the main legacy (at least so far) left by six entire seasons of the Supergirl TV show is that Dreamer enters DC's canon,
and that Supergirl continues to exist in the DCU (but not the blonde version).