Was Ruby Rose fired or forced off Batwoman

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Nearly everything she says is accusations from her.
Will be interesting to see if they get backed by others.... .
There is a difference between accusations and facts.

She is pointing with fingers at so many.
Odd that the crew members and the cast hang out much more with Javicia ;-)
From what I heard and read ....Ruby is a real diva. And her Insta....oh boy.
I guess she needed some attention.
Last edited by Maskripper 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The article is bizarre. Why do they keep using "they" to describe her? She has never made any issue of herself as a woman. Is the rush to not misgender someone so bad now that people will just rob people of all gender? Is this just being the reverse of what was intended?

maskripper - on your site and here in the Batwoman thread you supported her when she was on the show. She seemed OK for you then.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
The article is bizarre. Why do they keep using "they" to describe her? She has never made any issue of herself as a woman.

maskripper - on your site and here in the Batwoman thread you supported her when she was on the show. She seemed OK for you then.
Yeah, as she was on the show I supported her.
But that was mainly at the very beginning. As I started following her on the other cast members on social media....my picture of her changed.
I was wondering why so many of the cast members were hanging out with each other on many occasions.....and she was only rarely there.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
The article is bizarre. Why do they keep using "they" to describe her? She has never made any issue of herself as a woman.

Yeah, as she was on the show I supported her.
But that was mainly at the very beginning. As I started following her on the other cast members on social media....my picture of her changed.
I was wondering why so many of the cast members were hanging out with each other on many occasions.....and she was only rarely there.
Yeah could be she's a bad egg. could also be she's not getting any roles and needs to create an issue to keep relevant in the media. Problem is in Hollywood, if you're seen as a trouble maker, you don't get work.

I also have to wonder if her being out was inevitable anyway. They already removed the Kate Cane character anyway... no longer Batwoman. So was it only a matter of time before Rose was just going to be pushed aside. That the new replacement was inevitable regardless of who played Batwoman. Don't know.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

She's not a very versatile actress and it was a tough physical role to boot. I think she felt out of her depth and found it harder and harder to make the role work for her. It's hard to say 'actually I'm struggling here' it's a lot easier to just blame others.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago

Yeah could be she's a bad egg. could also be she's not getting any roles and needs to create an issue to keep relevant in the media. Problem is in Hollywood, if you're seen as a trouble maker, you don't get work.

I also have to wonder if her being out was inevitable anyway. They already removed the Kate Cane character anyway... no longer Batwoman. So was it only a matter of time before Rose was just going to be pushed aside. That the new replacement was inevitable regardless of who played Batwoman. Don't know.
Well, Kate Kane is gone since the end of season 2 where she was played by Wallis Day.
Ruby Rose is gone since the end of season 1.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
2 years ago

Well, Kate Kane is gone since the end of season 2 where she was played by Wallis Day.
Ruby Rose is gone since the end of season 1.
My point is the WHOLE Kate Kane character is gone. Probably not going to come back to play Batwoman... which is BIZARRE. I guess one can replace Melissa with some other person and call it "Supergirl" but... seems bizarre to me. Usually these are jump the shark moments. Like when Sliders replaced the male lead.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The stuff about how dangerous the set was seems to backed up by the number of injuries reported there, and the amount of pressure on Ruby despite the injuries she was carrying must have made it a properly hellish job. I'm more inclined to trust the word of an actor than production executives, because as a general rule the suits are lying bastards. And the rest of the crew and the cast, well they don't want to get fired or blacklisted for backing her story. Which we can say for certain happens, because look at all that shit that came out about Weinstein, Spacey and any number of other prominent cinema/TV figures.

So if she's lying there's no way to know, and if she's telling the truth it's unlikely to be verified. I would err on the side of taking her word for it because contrary to popular belief people don't make up this amount of stuff. Not that it makes much difference either way really.

Am kind of surprised that they are keeping it going to be honest. Just has a real cursed vibe to it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

True, why risk permanent damage for a show that is not going anywhere. I doubt Rose wants to end up in a trailer park on meth cause of a back injury for a show that did little for her career. And yes others have confirmed the sets and stunts were unsafe probably due to budget constraints.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
2 years ago
The stuff about how dangerous the set was seems to backed up by the number of injuries reported there, and the amount of pressure on Ruby despite the injuries she was carrying must have made it a properly hellish job. I'm more inclined to trust the word of an actor than production executives, because as a general rule the suits are lying bastards. And the rest of the crew and the cast, well they don't want to get fired or blacklisted for backing her story. Which we can say for certain happens, because look at all that shit that came out about Weinstein, Spacey and any number of other prominent cinema/TV figures.

So if she's lying there's no way to know, and if she's telling the truth it's unlikely to be verified. I would err on the side of taking her word for it because contrary to popular belief people don't make up this amount of stuff. Not that it makes much difference either way really.

Am kind of surprised that they are keeping it going to be honest. Just has a real cursed vibe to it.
Well, she should come up with some proof of all her accusations. Otherwise, I don't believe it.
Yes, she was injured, that is a fact....but how much that contributed to the fact that she left the show is still unclear.
Will be interesting to see how current cast members will react to that. :hmmm:

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Warner's reaction:
:excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:

Despite the revisionist history that Ruby Rose is now sharing online aimed at the producers, the cast and crew, the network, and the Studio, the truth is that Warner Bros. Television had decided not to exercise its option to engage Ruby for season two of Batwoman based on multiple complaints about workplace behavior that were extensively reviewed and handled privately out of respect for all concerned.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/ruby-rose- ... 234858951/
-

That came rather quickly.

ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Them does come across as being mad as a box of frogs.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I love and miss Ruby, I feel sorry for her and she was the perfect Batwoman!!!
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
True, why risk permanent damage for a show that is not going anywhere. I doubt Rose wants to end up in a trailer park on meth cause of a back injury for a show that did little for her career. And yes others have confirmed the sets and stunts were unsafe probably due to budget constraints.
If this kind of thing is as prevalent as she said it is, why don't we hear about this kind of stuff on other Arrowverse shows? Are we supposed to believe Batwoman is the only "unsafe" show and the rest are perfectly fine? These CW shows have been on the air for a over a decade now, where are the other stories from other shows? If there indeed is an issue with unsafe working conditions it is likely it is an across the board issue that spans across other CW Arrowerse shows. I suspect these complaints are of someone who entered into a long term contract and had second thoughts midway through about the demands of being a lead in an hour action drama and the long grueling hours associated with that gig. Hard to fathom how being a lead on a high profile CW show would do little for one's career path.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

You would have thought a lot of the production crew would either work on multiple shows or else be working closely with the riggers, fight coordinators etc on the other shows surely if one mob were doing dangerous stuff on one show then someone would say you can't do that. With hundreds of people involved I can't help feel more would have spoken out against it if it was inherently dangerous. I mean there's a stuntman union and stuff you would think they wouldn't tolerate bad practices.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

No, if you were lucky enough to have regular production work you probably wouldn't speak out.

You'd probably be supportive of the union mounting an aggressive campaign for better working conditions, though.
lizlettersby
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Why do they keep using "they" to describe her?
She goes by both they and she. She's gender fluid.
bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
If this kind of thing is as prevalent as she said it is, why don't we hear about this kind of stuff on other Arrowverse shows? Are we supposed to believe Batwoman is the only "unsafe" show and the rest are perfectly fine? These CW shows have been on the air for a over a decade now, where are the other stories from other shows? If there indeed is an issue with unsafe working conditions it is likely it is an across the board issue that spans across other CW Arrowerse shows. I suspect these complaints are of someone who entered into a long term contract and had second thoughts midway through about the demands of being a lead in an hour action drama and the long grueling hours associated with that gig. Hard to fathom how being a lead on a high profile CW show would do little for one's career path.
If it is happening and we're not hearing about it, it's probably because the actors don't want to get fired like Ruby. She only came forward about this well after her rift with the series.

Or they don't want to hurt their networking possibilities. What will it do to Ruby's career that Warner Bros fired her due to alleged bad behavior? Some of you demand that Ruby provide proof of her accusations (how?). I hear no one calling for proof of Warner Bros accusations.

She was nearly paralyzed performing a stunt for the show, then rushed back to work. The showrunners kept exposing her to a costume that gave her a rash... This is to say nothing of the conditions other people faced while working on the series.

But if you think unfair, unsafe working conditions in TV production aren't prevalent, why is the IATSE headed to a nationwide strike?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

None of us are in favour of poor working conditions but given the widespread similarity of the hero shows it just seems inherently odd that it's only this one show that seems to be run so badly. Given there were a variety of cross over shows where the heroes guested in the other productions wouldn't this one series being done differently have been highlighted by other cast members?

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
None of us are in favour of poor working conditions but given the widespread similarity of the hero shows it just seems inherently odd that it's only this one show that seems to be run so badly. Given there were a variety of cross over shows where the heroes guested in the other productions wouldn't this one series being done differently have been highlighted by other cast members?
But is that true that Batwoman is filmed with the same crew and studio as the other shows? Isn't that a big assumption? For example Supernatural was also a CW show and was it using the same crew and studios and stunt people etc?
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
But is that true that Batwoman is filmed with the same crew and studio as the other shows? Isn't that a big assumption? For example Supernatural was also a CW show and was it using the same crew and studios and stunt people etc?
But Supernatural is not part of that DC Comics Arrowverse universe of productions in the same way Batwoman is connected to that group of shows. I suspect Batwoman's standards and practices are no different than that of Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Stargirl, and others. After a decade of these standards and practices with this production company, it just seems somewhat inconceivable to me that this issue just pops up now, and with a disgruntled actress to boot. It seems weird that DC Comics be responsible for an unsafe working environment for Batwoman, but we hear nary a word about conditions of their sister shows, some of which have been on the air for almost a decade now. I don't buy it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah that again is a big assumption they all use the same production crew and sets and studios. Maybe they do. We'd have to look at the credits to see if they use the same people or contractors. Also Ruby Rose is basically a bird. I doubt she weighs more than 105lbs soaking wet. Who knows. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with her.

But I find it odd, absurd, that the show supporters were all pro-Ruby but then they immediately bail on her when all she wanted to do was leave. I would think fans would support the actress due to the whole LGBT thing regardless. So she left. So she wasn't happy. Big whoop. Its pretty clear she was going to be affirmative replaced anyway since they found a replacement for her but then that replacement is gone and they went with the diversity hire. So her days were numbered anyway.

So people are mad that the girl they all backed and praised left a show she was probably going to get replaced on anyway.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

More counterattacks on Ruby:
:excl: :excl: :excl:
https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-crew-membe ... -dictator/
-

Well, perhaps Ruby's attack will blow up in her own face....
Last edited by Maskripper 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

BWBob made the point I was trying to make. It's part of a stable of shows. I have no idea if they use the same staff or not or the same sets butt there's likely a crossover even in terms of insurance cover for the productions etc. I could accept if they were all bad then yes there's a problem but running one badly just opens yourself to lawsuits. So I would just be surprised if it were true is all.

If a guy got burned maybe it was just a genuine accident rather than bad practice

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

+ Camrus Johnson (Luke Fox) tweeted today:
Batfam ya know I couldn’t go the whole day without saying something! I love y’all, don’t think I haven’t seen all the love today. But yea fam, she was fired. And it is VERY hard to be fired when you’re the lead. Imagine what u have to do for that 2 happen. Since it was claimed she “walked away” last year I’m sure some of you may be pretty confused or upset, and even moreso that a lot of lies were spread today. Just know we have a lot of great souls working on this show and none of this changes that. From the top to the bottom. ....

-

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

All that seems much more likely a scenario.
Either everyone was an asshole, or she was the asshole.
Know where my money is going

Damselbinder

Wait for the lawsuit
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Does this mean Rose's accusations about being sexually harassed are also probably false?
lizlettersby
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Does this mean Rose's accusations about being sexually harassed are also probably false?
This is the ad hominem fallacy.

For those who are claiming the problems on Batwoman were a singularity, and not apparent on other CW shows, here's a Reddit thread with plenty of firsthand reports debunking that myth:

16-18 hour work days, 6-7 day work weeks, no paid overtime, no drivers for exhausted actors (leading to accidents). As you'll see, the labor conditions these people work under clearly constitute abuse. So yeah. The CW is ALL BAD! Across the board. This is the industry.

Look, we know Rose was nearly paralyzed after a stunt for the show. We know a crew member actually was paralyzed and the studio wouldn't even cover her medical bills for an accident that happened in the workplace. We know the showrunners kept the show operating into the pandemic, well past when other shows stopped filming, until the government forced them to shut down. Based on this alone, it seems clear employee safety and well-being weren't their first concern.

Y'all are quick to jump to the defense of a $6 billion conglomerate. And the testimony of company shills don't prove nothing to me.

I don't know Rose. Maybe she's shitty. Doesn't mean what she's saying isn't true.
shevek
Producer
Producer

From what I understand, showrunner Caroline Dries gets the gas-face for hardly ever showing up on the set (according to Ruby, it was only a handful of times, but that could be an exaggeration).

It wouldn't have to be the case, however, that ALL the CW shows were like that. I don't remember hearing any major complaints from Melissa Benoist or Grant Gustin, for example, and there were very few notable scandals on the other shows other than the Hartley Sawyer thing (and he got totally cancelled for it).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

lizlettersby wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
This is the ad hominem fallacy.
No its not.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Liz - But the 16-18 hour working days seem to be self inflicted to a degree by her turning up late?

None of us 'knows Rose' either but just seems strange that such behaviour isn't widespread across the other shows if it's true.

I thought Rose was great as Batwoman but crap as Kate Kane so I am not particularly against her (but she isn't a very versatile actress.)

And whilst I don't know the details of the accidents, I would agree that the company should be responsible for a workplace accident unless the victim had deliberately ignored safety protocols

Questioning one person's narrative isn't defending the conglomerate, its questioning the validity of the allegations. If the company berated her and everyone on set defended her then this thread would be about the truth or otherwise of their statement instead.

shevek
Producer
Producer

In a short series of tweets today, Camrus Johnson (Luke Fox aka Batwing) pretty much says she is lying, and that she was fired.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
I suspect you say this/ read this as "could be false"

and not the "she's totally lying, sexual harassment isn't a real thing" that it comes out as on the page
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago

and not the "she's totally lying, sexual harassment isn't a real thing" that it comes out as on the page
I meant if her other accusations are suspect is her accusation of sexual harassment also suspect in the same EQUAL and fair weight OR is some other standard going to be applied in this edge case?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago

LB I think it's a bit extreme to extrapolate questioning the validity of one statement made by someone in contradiction to statements made by others as possibly false, to 'sexual harassment isn't a thing'

That was never said, nor implied by Mr X in my reading of it. I don't think anyone doubts such harassment happens to both sexes on occasion. Questioning whether it's happened in a particular instance is a valid discussion

Let's not put words in other members mouths please.

lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

it's not what I mean Tally and I think MrX gets it above in his clarification

there's something that happens when you write that doesn't happen when you speak (plus knee jerk madness of people generally)

it doesn't feel like MrX means "probably" in that sentence rather, "possibly" or "could be" or "should we infer"

(and then of course to illustrate and for snide comedic effect that has clearly worked about as well as putting pension money into the transatlantic airship business [further illustrating how writing is a minefield] I turn up the possible misunderstanding to 11)
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

I dunno, Ruby Rose did get injured on set, and a stuntperson did get killed, I'm starting to think Melissa Benoist quit on Supergirl while she was still intact....
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

JohnFeer wrote:
2 years ago
I dunno, Ruby Rose did get injured on set, and a stuntperson did get killed, I'm starting to think Melissa Benoist quit on Supergirl while she was still intact....
No one got killed on the Batwoman set. (or do you mean a different production?)
A production assistant was paralyzed. That's horrific too, but certainly better than dead.

JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

I apologize I must've had this mixed up with this horrific situation with Alec Baldwin.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

You're excused as it's your birthday.

Someone had also said that a person got burned on the Batwoman set but I don't know if that was the same incident or a different one.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Does everyone agree that Ruby is sexy and a beautiful woman? Even with her new little neck scar she is gorgeous ...that short haircut makes her look like a Dom!!!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I think she looked good in the costume but out of it she looked like a dude

RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

This will probably wind up being a bit of "both sides are right" in that it's probably not as bad as she's stating it to be, but some of what she's being countered with is probably true. A lot of the other actors who maybe haven't had big roles in the past are going to stick up for the company in hopes that will get them some brownnosing points(have several friends who work in this industry and they say it's pretty common with how competitive it is for roles), but at the end of the day there is probably still some truth in what she has accused them of. I'm sure this will wind up getting played out in the legal theatre, but since she was the first to get her story out there it puts the showrunners on the defensive, and of course the CW(and their employees) are going to say none of it is true, it's not like they are going to admit to anything in the public eye and they've probably already been told by their lawyers to go full denial.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'm sure Rose will find another show where she can show off her full range of emotion from sullen and moody all the way to moody and sullen

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The real question of Forcing her to do something is should Ruby Rose been forced Orgasm ON the show in costume hahahaha
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Does everyone agree that Ruby is sexy and a beautiful woman? Even with her new little neck scar she is gorgeous ...that short haircut makes her look like a Dom!!!
I don't find her so, honestly one of the least attractive ones in the superheroine tv/movies

When I think sexy Batwoman, I think KJ
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
I don't find her so, honestly one of the least attractive ones in the superheroine tv/movies

When I think sexy Batwoman, I think KJ
maybe it is just the lesbian in me, But I think she is hot!! And when she was Batwoman her face looked even hotter behind the mask!! Yes she is gender fluid and probably 180degree opposite of me politically and socially but I think she is killer hot!!! Her tight hot bod says....I wanna fuck!!!
DAkr4aMWAAAdGmn.jpg
DAkr4aMWAAAdGmn.jpg (168.23 KiB) Viewed 2213 times