What Has Been Your Coolest Celebrity Interaction on Social Media?

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Okay. For ideological reasons that we can most politely say "diverge," we are mostly agreed on the correctness of "fuck Twitter." (In principle but not yet in practice, in my case, admittedly.) Still. Social media does have its upside. Might be diverting to talk a bit about that.

My life hasn't lacked, to put it mildly, for interactions with celebrities: part of that is that I worked in the arts for two solid decades and in positions (as both staff and volunteer) that routinely involved interacting with celebrities. I'm not going to namedrop anyone b/c I hate that shit and I know that ultimately, stories of celebrity interactions are much cooler for the person involved than for anyone listening to them.

But I'm going to namedrop about social media, because it's a quite different experience and form of connection. All the celebrities I met working festivals, we were all just there to do a job, there was an understanding about that. But there's something about social media where it's a lot more random than that. And even if you're not easily starstruck (and I'm not), getting Seen by a celebrity -- or at least a relative celebrity in your estimation of things -- on social media is a bit more special as a result.

I saw a thread about this kind of thing from Heroineburgh recently and I thought it might be a good topic for general discussion. What's been your most vivid, most memorable, weirdest or [other] encounter with a celeb on social media?

My most memorable is a very, very niche celeb for people who know the old Kink.com lesbian submission-in-every-way wrestling show called Ultimate Surrender. One of their stars was Syd Blakovich, and she told me off about... something or other, I can't even remember what it was, now, in my early days on Twitter. I was so nearly starstruck that I wasn't even a tiny bit upset, I was just like: "Holy fuck! Syd Blakovich! Respect!" I still remember that moment. It kinda hooked me on Twitter, which in retrospect I largely regret but I can't deny it happened.

Any of you have moments like that? Share them!

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Bert

I know a guy who looks like NPH, does that count? Texted with him and everything! :giggle:
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sure! That counts.

Amazon
Literotica
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I don't think this qualifies, but there are a couple local media celebrities that I have tweeted at and they have responded to me by liking my tweets and a couple of the guys actually started following me. It's really cool when there are people you like and respect online respond by liking a tweet or following you. There was a local sports radio host in my city who was surprised to find out that the legendary Bo Derek was following him on Twitter. Now that is cool.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Local celebs count! I remember there was a meteorologist on local TV here who became an improbable sex symbol for a while. :) You just never know.

Oh! A much bigger celeb moment for me, it's rather telling that Syd Blakovich stood out in my memory more than this one but so it goes: Ed the Sock follows me on Twitter now, or at least recently did (I'm not sure if he still does). If you're Canadian and remember MuchMusic, he was kind of our version of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. One of the sanest people on Twitter these days, no foolin'.

Amazon
Literotica
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Probably that time I liked Elon Musk's tweet.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

You get a gold star if either Elon or Grimes replied or responded. ;)

I wasn't clear enough about it in the initial post but I do think messaging celebs doesn't otherwise count for the purpose of this particular game. It's them interacting in some way with you that counts. Messaging celebs is one-way but an encounter is bi-directional.

Amazon
Literotica
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Just discovered this thread, and couldn't resist given what happened last week...

So far on Twitter I've had (1) Helen Slater like one of my Supergirl pics, (2) David Harewood like one of my Hank Henshaw pics and call one of my Melissa Benoist Supergrl pics "cool", and (drum roll) last week (3) Lynda Carter retweeted one of my Wonder Woman cosplay collaboration videos. Thing is only three people and a dog follow me on Twitter, so I often wonder how I managed any of that.

(Also -- this doesn't count. but... -- when the Supergirl tv show staff tweeted that they were having trouble catching a stray cat that had somehow got into the roof area of their offices in Vancouver, I responded with a pic of mine with Melissa and Streaky, which I seem to recall they thought was amusing.)

R5
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's the dog that follows you that tips them all off, it's like Lassie.

"Woof! Woof!"

"What's that girl? Five Red has posted a new vid of me on Twitter?"

"Woof! "

"That's great! Let's go like him."
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago

"Woof! Woof!"

"Woof! "

You laugh, but I've been trapped down this old abandoned mine shaft for three weeks now. Fat lot of good Lassie is!

R5
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I don't know about social media, but in light of his recent death, I did meet Peter Scolari (Bosom Buddies, Newhart) at the Northeast Comicon, Thanksgiving weekend, 2019.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

five_red wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago

"Woof! Woof!"

"Woof! "

You laugh, but I've been trapped down this old abandoned mine shaft for three weeks now. Fat lot of good Lassie is!

R5
It's because your name isn't Timmy. Five other Timmy's have been rescued by Lassie in different abandoned mineshafts whilst you've been stuck down there.

BUT I don't wanna derail the thread. Has Lassie liked anyone's Twitter pics.?

I know a couple of minor celeb stars in real life but not on social media
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

My parasocial relationships with adult performers are unhealthy enough, I don't need to compound that with celebrities.
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

On a related note, people have alerted me to several examples on ebay were Melissa Benoist has signed one of my pics of her. These weren't full signatures but the quick squiggles stars do when greeted by fans outside an event. Due to the nature of ebay, however, I'm not sure if these are genuine MB squiggles or fakes. I'm hoping they were fakes, because a few of them used a very early work from before we had detailed reference photos of her costume, and consequently my feeble initial attempts to recreate the missing detail was embarrassingly bad. It makes me shudder to think people were printing that out and holding it up for Ms. Benoist to sign.

R5
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

At comicon we had Stan Lee across from our booth. He was promoting his show. So he was hanging around with us talking to mostly our booth babe. Also had Gene Simons stop by, a couple of wrestlers, the guy who played Conan from the tv series, Mark Hammil who was shooting a movie there, George Perez, a couple of Playmates. Also one of the Baywatch girls who was in Hammil's little movie stopped at our booth and chatted with our model and looked over our stuff. Forgot her name but she replaced the first blonde girl.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

About 6 months ago this blue checkmark dude on Twitter came out and said that Steven Spielberg had made only two good films in his career. I made a spirited defense of Jaws, #38 on the American Film Institute's list of the greatest films of all time. Director James Gunn, of Guardians of the Galaxy fame, blue checkmark and all, liked my tweet response defense of Jaws, which I thought was cool.