Anti-Semitism in Ireland

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Question especially for anyone in U.K

Why does Ireland have a a problem with Israel? I read that Sally Rooney is refusing to have her book published in Hebrew is support of the BDS terror movement.

When I saw she was parroting the same lies about apartheid, I figured she was just another ignorant racist who refused to learn the truth, but than read there is a problem in Ireland

In the U.S in the 1800 and early 1900s there were signs that Irish and Jews not need apply.
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

That's not the whole of Ireland, that's one person!
Damselbinder

I think someone who doesn't realize that Ireland isn't part of the U.K. may need to question their ability to analyze what is and isn't anti-semitic.

Also, no politics.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I think someone who doesn't realize that Ireland isn't part of the U.K. may need to question their ability to analyze what is and isn't anti-semitic.

Also, no politics.
We have had politics before. Northern Ireland is a part of the U.K

And there is anti-Semitism in Ireland which is why I asked the question
Damselbinder

Northern Ireland is Northern Ireland. Ireland is Ireland. Sally Rooney isn't from Northern Ireland. She is from Ireland.

MH instituted a rule a while back that hadn't been necessary before. No politics.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
Northern Ireland is Northern Ireland. Ireland is Ireland. Sally Rooney isn't from Northern Ireland. She is from Ireland.

MH instituted a rule a while back that hadn't been necessary before. No politics.
If MH asks me to, I will, but as I see the Covid discussion is up, I don't see the problem.

seems you have a problem with anti-Semitism being discussed
Damselbinder

Dazzle1 wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago

If MH asks me to, I will, but as I see the Covid discussion is up, I don't see the problem.

seems you have a problem with anti-Semitism being discussed
The Covid discussion is NOT up. It was locked.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

This topic is locked. No politics.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025