William Shatner

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

William Shatner went on Jeff Bezos rocket Wed.

You knew sooner of later bitter Sulu would have to take a shot at him

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/14/star-tre ... 1582201528
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I think Shatner looks great for 90. Wonder if he got any green females preggers up there
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

When shanter was in his 80s he guest starred on Psych. They were impresses by how fast he could move for an old guy in a scene where he was fast walking away from them.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

IMG-20211014-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20211014-WA0006.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 936 times
ZomboMeme 11102021184149.jpg
ZomboMeme 11102021184149.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 936 times

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Do you reckon George /Sulu is just upset as he's the only one on the show that Shatner didn't bed?

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Take THAT George Takei!
Damselbinder

I think he's upset because Shatner was a massive diva and would go out of his way to make sure the less important characters didn't get bigger roles. Sulu was supposed to be captain of the Excelsior long before ST6, but Shatner kept vetoing it because he didn't want Takei to upstage him.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

And Takei only invited Shatner to his wedding cause he just wanted Captain Kirk there to bolster his activism on gay marriage. He didn't care about Shatner, never talked to him. He wanted Captain Kirk to support his activism by being at the wedding. That's why Shatner never went.

Shatner was a diva. Having contract conditions that Kirk have at least 75% of the lines in each episode. That he has top billing. That no one can do press photos unless he's in the photo. But Takei ain't much better. A lot of people were fed up with Takei's constant nagging about wanting his own show or role. The thing I hand it to Takei is he does have a good sense of humor about himself as shown in 3rd Rock and the Muppet show where he goes around talking about how Sulu saved everyone all the time.
Last edited by Mr. X 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
And Takei only invited Shatner to his wedding cause he just wanted Captain Kirk there to bolster his activism on gay marriage. He didn't care about Shatner, never talked to him. He wanted Captain Kirk to support his activism by being at the wedding. That's why Shatner never went.
Denying career opportunities?

Mr X don't care.

An insincere wedding invitation?

Mr X :evilmad:
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Bill seems like a great guy. Good for him.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Shatner's starry-eyed monologue while trying to convey his thoughts to the other astronaut was hilarious (if you saw the video of them immediately post-touchdown).

Perhaps Tallyho doesn't realize his typo of Takei as "Zulu" is closer to reality than he thought.
In the 1970's, there was a Star Trek comic book which came with a record (I have it) where the publishers couldn't get the rights to the likenesses of Takei and Nichols, so they made Sulu black and Uhura white. Very strange. Anyway, congrats to the Shat-Man!
black sulu.jpg
black sulu.jpg (36.06 KiB) Viewed 904 times
white uhura.jpg
white uhura.jpg (33.94 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I think he's upset because Shatner was a massive diva and would go out of his way to make sure the less important characters didn't get bigger roles. Sulu was supposed to be captain of the Excelsior long before ST6, but Shatner kept vetoing it because he didn't want Takei to upstage him.
Shatner was not a massive Diva.

Shatner rightly, because you can look at his next 10 years after the series was concerned about building his resume for his next job.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

No I did know it was Sulu but as a Welsh man and a wargamer I write about Rorkes Drift to somebody twice a week and predictive text just went with my go to of 'Zulu' but I was out on the piss so couldn't change it