Spider-man: No Way Home (2021)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Here is the new "teaser-trailer":

(really odd "teaser" trailer with such a length!)
-
After the last one, it was already clear that his secret identity is busted! (no Spoiler after you have seen the trailer above)
Here his solution to undo is to involve Dr. Strange in it to restore it.

What do you think of that and the trailer in general?
-

P.S.:
I really don't like these "magic" costumes that pop up out of nowhere....
By the way: a great way to expose his secret identity on that bridge (if the public doesn't know at that point).
I also don't like that they have some sort of 5-second teaser at the beginning so people "know" what to expect from the trailer. #shortattentionspan?
A snippet that spoilers the trailer that spoilers the movie :lol:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Damselbinder

Spoiler
My biggest disappointment about this was that I wanted the plot of the first half of the trailer to be the whole movie. Having Peter just try to cope with this big, disruptive change in his life at the same time as doing superhero stuff and also just starting this new relationship with MJ is a classic, romantic, VERY Spider-Man-ish story. When Far From Home ended that was what I thought this movie would be, and I was really looking forward to it.

All those elements are clearly still going to matter, given the premise, but this whole multiverse thing - unlike some of y'all I don't object intrinsically to that - feels like it could have just been its own movie. And clearly with the universe getting changed the MJ-Peter romance is gonna get all screwed up. Maybe it'll be fine by the end of the film, but we're not just gonna have the two of them in the movie coping with what happens. It could still be good - I think the Spider-Man films are probably one of my favourite parts of the MCU now - but I feel like they just didn't need to do all this.
Spoiler-tagged my takes just in case.
thegagster
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

is a spoiler over a spoiler over a spoiler. a multiverse of spoilers!! XD
*** My Gumroad comic shop https://gumroad.com/dgagster *** :bmbw:
*** My patreon http://patreon.com/dgagster *** :hq:
*** My 2D NSFW art pixiv page!! http://pixiv.me/dgagster *** :thumbup:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This looks horrible. Sorry but there are so many spiderman stories that could be told that are so much better. BTW WHY would anyone believe Mysterio when he says Peter Parker is spiderman.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Why does anybody give a shit that Peter Parker IS Spider-man in the MCU? Or that he killed a bad guy? EVERY SINGLE other superhero in the MCU is somebody that everyone knows who they are and it doesn't bother them, and every single one of them is a Villain killer and it doesn't bother them...

So why is Spider-Man different?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

They did Dr. Strange hides Spiderman's identity in the comic books, but this is a different reason why and result.

Trialer ending was nice with he's back, Doc Oc from a different movie series.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Plus Spiderman is now juts Tony Stark. The suit has more powers than he has. In fact where is that poor kid struggling with a hand made suit and his own genius making web fluid.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
Why does anybody give a shit that Peter Parker IS Spider-man in the MCU? Or that he killed a bad guy? EVERY SINGLE other superhero in the MCU is somebody that everyone knows who they are and it doesn't bother them, and every single one of them is a Villain killer and it doesn't bother them...

Spoilers for Far from home
Spoiler
The whole movie Mysterio is a character who tricks people into thinking he's an actual hero up until his death which he shoots a video for making it look like Peter attacks an innocent man. Fury could probably cover for him, But he has his own thing going on right now.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Sorry, y'all can't ruin this for me. Maybe I'll feel the rain on my parade after I've seen the movie.
Spoiler
Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina? That's enough to make it happy time. People my age aren't going to get many more instances of big-time audience-pandering in blockbusters. I'm going to enjoy them.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well, I generally prefer the older Spider-man movies where Peter is at least a little older and not so young (and 25-year-old Tom Holland looks like he is 15).
Not a fan of teenagers as the main characters in movies.
The first ones of the new ones had Michael Keaton as a villain, that was really cool. (still the movie had some flaws)
The last one....was somewhat ok.
Watched it in the cinema, bought the blu-ray for little money....but never watched it since I got it.
I guess that says something.
Will watch it before I watch this one....but right now....I'm not really thrilled.
Perhaps it will be good.....let's see.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Femina wrote:
2 years ago

Because he can appear in your bath tub at any time.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Paolone0971
Henchman
Henchman

I liked the trailer very much but what I expect most from this film is the "after" 😊
I would very much like HER in one of the post credit scenes
😍😘🥰
Attachments
jessica.jpg
jessica.jpg (165.25 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I like that they have changed the nature of the Spider-Man character for the MCU away from the fairly small time character that audiences know and love from the comics. The thing with movies is they need stakes, they need resolution, and they have a finite timeframe to get that all done based on the actors age and so on. A character in a comic book can bounce around the same streets once every couple of weeks for a hundred years and that's great, but movies are different.

It's why I've always felt that even the best Batman movies don't work as well as the animated series, or the Arkham games, or even the 1960s series, because the movies don't adapt the character to fit the medium. So you end up with Batman killing the Joker at the end of the movie where he meets him and you lose everything that makes their battle so interesting. Only the DCEU movies got this, and they changed Batman, and they suck for other reasons.

So now Parker is growing towards being a more central Avenger, he was Stark's apprentice, and he'll eventually fill that role. That works. He's got maybe two or three more Spidey movies and a couple of big Avengers movies left, tops, time's a wasting, that story has to move.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Never cared for the Spiderman films either pre-MCU or in the MCU. Spiderman to me will always be the smart ass Peter Parker portrayed in the 90s Animated series that had a quick wit and flirted with Black Cat, and the really solid 90s game that came out for the original Sony Playstation. IMO they have never been able to portray him or cast him properly in the films.
Damselbinder

RedMountain wrote:
2 years ago
Never cared for the Spiderman films either pre-MCU or in the MCU. Spiderman to me will always be the smart ass Peter Parker portrayed in the 90s Animated series that had a quick wit and flirted with Black Cat, and the really solid 90s game that came out for the original Sony Playstation. IMO they have never been able to portray him or cast him properly in the films.
Don't even speak to me the 2002 Spider-Man is a masterpiece
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Behold! The exact moment Spider-Man movies reached their peak. They will never scale these heights again.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)