What If T'Challa Became Star Lord (Ep 2) [Spoilers]

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

What If Episode 2:
What If T'Challa Became Star Lord

...and What If Nebula was a hot blonde babe and heist supergenius
...and What If Thanos had been
Spoiler
talked out of implementing his evil genicide plan
...and What If writers and actors had a blast doing a very well done animated series showcasing the multiverse, all canon to the MCU and the upcoming MCU movie Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and some other upcoming MCU movies.

:tv:

...and What If while I can see the clever and good writing, appreciate the creativity, can understand why Marvel is going this animated route, why am I annoyed by its compactness timewise for its content, its speed is fast for me. Probably Millennials and Gen X Y Z like the pace just fine, but I ain't them.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The episodes are very brief. I think that's the only downside for me with these so far. Lots of little touches in this episode I enjoyed:
Spoiler
Korath the Pursuer fanboying for T'Challa was very funny, and the whole story being about the Ravagers instead of the Guardians was fun. Thanos of all people turning up as the team's tank because Star Lord convinced him of the error of his ways (kinda?), blonde bombshell Nebula, Drax the Destroyer tending bar -- the whole interaction with him is hilarious -- and the Collector as the BBEG were all brilliant. Taserface popping up as part of the regular core Ravager crew was a nice touch, too... although it is a bit odd that they're still called Ravagers what with the clean-cut heroic makeover they've gotten.
I do wonder what winds up happening to some of the other regular Guardians crew that we don't get to see. But the twist at the end that shows us what this wrinkle in the universe has brought to Peter Quill... and to Earth... was pretty cool. Solid 8/10 for me.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

I think most What If comic book scenarios were brief too. Had these episodes only been 7-10 minutes I might feel cheated, but at 33 and 35 minutes I think the ideas have gotten their due.

It's the highlights and some fun moments to get you thinking, not a prescriptive second canon reboot with every beat of a full narrative. You know how time-loop stories usually give you abbreviations of the looped time to get to the part that matters -- same thing here. Last thing I want for Marvel is where DC is trudging. When everyone's Batman, no one is.
Spoiler
I thought good-guys-called-Ravagers was a fun reversal of pirates-called-Guardians.
What I'm having fun thinking about is how Peter Quill would react to seeing this.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
Last thing I want for Marvel is where DC is trudging. When everyone's Batman, no one is.
What's this a reference to, by the way?

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
Last thing I want for Marvel is where DC is trudging. When everyone's Batman, no one is.
What's this a reference to, by the way?
DC's shoulder-shrug on continuity, schizophrenic treatment of Batman (can't have him, make other characters like him, have another reboot), and Syndrome's line from The Incredibles: