Supergirl Season 6 (the final season)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Bert

At this point the show's title is just cruel irony.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This episode SUCKED!! Hard to believe they have driven this show to this low level of storyline....Can't stand Brainy, I do still think Dreamer is hot! I would have loved to have had a storyline with her falling in love with and seducing SG....oh well....
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I differ with you, MR, about this episode set of 5 & 6. I enjoyed the actresses playing young Kara, Alex and Cat Grant. Thought they did a wonderful job. Yes, the writing was still weak and jumbled in parts but overall I was charmed by the divergence into Midvale.

Nera held the episode together imo. Her being able to manifest reality from her dreams is huge! Knowing these writers though, they will totally drop that ball except for one amazingly convenient use of that power in the finale show of the series.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Sigh, another episode without Supergirl/Melissa. Not even a little 5 minute update? Sigh.
They finally introduced a guy as a potential love interest for Kara though. Can we PLEASE have Kenny Li show up after Kara gets out of the Phantom Zone, and have the love sparks fly? Can we see the shock when she finds out Kenny is still alive in this Universe(he died in Earth-38)?
He needs some love in her life. That spark has been missing, but Mon-El was just ugh!
Of course the writers will just forget him now and keep up with their bad writing...

My 2 cents.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 7
So, this was the last episode before the very loooooong break. The next episode will be shown on August 24.
Spoiler
It was good that Supergirl is finally back to her own show, even she doesn't have many scenes in this one. The reunification with the team felt a little rushed at the very last moments of the episode, but as it is labeled as the mid-season finale... it's the usual cliffhanger.
I liked the idea of the episode to have the team members be haunted by their nightmares and create an episode with horror elements. Of course, I would have rather seen more Supergirl in action...but now as she is finally free... I do have more hope for the remaining episodes of the season.
All in all the episode was ok and certainly better/more interesting than the last ones...in my opinion.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I thought Episode 7 was one of the best of the season. It included a lot of fun horror elements and homages to classic horror films like Aliens and others.

Interesting that when Supergirl lost hope in the Phantom Zone that they used clouded contacts to dull her eyes down.

Nice use of multiple flashbacks to see events from each character's perspective. A very solid outing for this series,

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Don't know if this was posted before but I thought it was cool.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yesterday Supergirl wrapped filming.... and SG posted this:

-
Yeah, I don't think we will see her in a crossover in the future. Sounds like she is really done with the role.
I know I will miss her after the last episode of this season has aired, of course, most of the early seasons....that are quite a lot of fun.

Looking forward to seeing the 2nd half of the season as I'm curious about how they end her story.
My expectations are rather low since....you know what..... so I don't think I will be disappointed.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Well, I watched last night's episode, and the best thing about it is that Kara/Supergirl was in most of the scenes.
Now for FURTHER commentary:
Spoiler
Well, I endured the new SG episode. Five minutes in, and we have proof the writers for this season haven't watched ANY of the previous seasons, or read any super family comics in their lives. We have Zor-El, member of the Science Guild of Krypton, and member of the senior scientific family on Krypton, saying that the super buddies have better tech than anything they had on Krypton. REALLY?! Kara BRAGGED about visiting seven other planets when she was kid. Sounds pretty advanced to me. But the super buddies scrounged tech from alien immigrants. I'm honestly not expecting them to bring the best tech from their home worlds, and that it SHOULDN'T be able to compete with Krypton's tech base! Krypton was renowned as being a planet of super-tech!
Also Zor was saying that Earth was close to a tipping point a la Krypton with it's water pollution. Ugh. Just thankful this story was just in one ep, and Zor is zipping off to Argo City. I guess it did survive Crisis.

For extra fun, I noticed Kara still had her hooker red lipstick, wonder where she got that in the Phantom Zone, and Lena was going more natural pink. Quite a reversal. Oh, and Lena is leaving town to find her real Mom. Guess she's off to Ireland, and the writers trying to break up supercorp rumors.

Ugh. Why couldn't the show be written by REAL fans?
My 2 cents. For now...
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Pretty much coming up with reasons to remove regular cast members for a few episodes. Not a good episode except you had lots of costume cast action near the end. Otherwise just a chance for a writer to rant about the ecology and pollution with cost cutting.

Poor science and understanding about technology really works.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Best part of this episode was the bonding when SG got back and at the end. Kara's psychological damage from being in the Phantom Zone isn't something her powers can defeat, so I hope they don't make that a three-episode arc and then be done with it. Oh yeah, another favorite moment, William has a love interest so Kara is off the hook for all that nonsense. I believe I cheered in my living room at that news. Guess they listened to their focus group. ("NOOO! NOT WILLIAM AND KARA!!!)

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

DrDominator9 wrote:
2 years ago
William has a love interest so Kara is off the hook for all that nonsense. I believe I cheered in my living room at that news. Guess they listened to their focus group. ("NOOO! NOT WILLIAM AND KARA!!!)
But he's trying to track down the super friends, so we have to expect he's going to accidentally learn Kara's secret while tracing Supergirl. At least that's how they look to be fixing things to me. That removes one barrier for them getting together. If the show's ultimate plan isn't to kill Kara off, then the chances are high that they'll engineer some kind of hook up to end on. Candiates are obviously Mon-El (who would make sense from a backstory perspective), Lena Luthor (who would make sense from a fan shipping perspective), or William (who would make sense from a typical CW writing perspective.) Some kind of return of Mon-El is the likely route, but if we rule him out, and Kara doesn't start to question her sexuality PDQ, then William is the guy. :laugh:

R5
Bert

Watched a five minute Youtube clip of the climactic battle sequence. It's like the show is written by four year olds. Possibly the largest number of stupid, unbelievable or both plot holes and occurrences I have ever seen in any show in my life. This unwatchable garbage (yeah, I know) makes Three's Company reruns look like fucking Shakespeare.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
Watched a five minute Youtube clip of the climactic battle sequence. It's like the show is written by four year olds. Possibly the largest number of stupid, unbelievable or both plot holes and occurrences I have ever seen in any show in my life. This unwatchable garbage (yeah, I know) makes Three's Company reruns look like fucking Shakespeare.
So, not a fan then?

:giggle:

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm glad the show is back, right now it is at least more exciting than The Flash ....and several times more interesting than LoT....imo.
Yeah, the show has been better in past season, but it is the last 10+ episodes....so I think even Bert may miss the show at one point, perhaps just for the reason that he can't rant about new episodes anymore ...as soon the show is over ;-)

I think the episode was ok and the highlight for me was to see SG in that helmet thingy + Andrea in costume and mask.
I wonder how SG does get oxygen in that helmet. There are no air hoses or a tank. So, I don't know if that thing supplies her with oxygen.

Now I have a question for the SG experts here:
Does SG need oxygen to survive?
I remember her flying in outer space without any breathing gear...in the show....if I remember correctly. :hmmm:

Bert

Maskripper wrote:
2 years ago
so I think even Bert may miss the show at one point, perhaps just for the reason that he can't rant about new episodes anymore ...as soon the show is over ;-)
Grin! I own the first three seasons on DVD. I was one of the show's staunchest defenders early on. It's how far it's fallen that bothers me so much.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
Grin! I own the first three seasons on DVD. I was one of the show's staunchest defenders early on. It's how far it's fallen that bothers me so much.
I know I know ;)
In general, I agree with that...as I mentioned some months ago I re-watched the early seasons and yeah, they are a lot better.... I guess you would have a REALLY hard time finding anyone that prefers the later seasons.
But I still like to see the new episodes, because these episodes are for me (at least) better than no new episodes at all....which will become a reality soon enough.

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Maskripper wrote:
2 years ago
I remember her flying in outer space without any breathing gear...in the show....if I remember correctly. :hmmm:
In the comics Silver Age Superman and Supergirl are both seen flying in space without breathing apparatus. In the show, I seem to recall Kara gets stranded in space in the finale of season one after she flies Fort Ross away from Earth. Alex then rescues her in the Kryptonian pod Kara came to Earth in. Although Kara is unconscious (her solar cells unable to recharge without the Sun, or some such reason), I don't think she has any kind of space suit or method of breathing when she's in space. I'd have to watch the episode though -- there may have been some kind of ad-hoc nonsense technobabble explanation about how she breathing in space.

Given the way the show is written, however, Kara's abilities seem to conveniently switch on and off depending upon the needs of the script. So no doubt there are episodes that suggest she can suffocate.

R5
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Maskripper wrote:
2 years ago
I think the episode was ok and the highlight for me was to see SG in that helmet thingy + Andrea in costume and mask.
I wonder how SG does get oxygen in that helmet. There are no air hoses or a tank. So, I don't know if that thing supplies her with oxygen.

Cracks knuckles...
OK, Lena designed the armor to filter out kryptonite that was contaminating the atmosphere due to the Graves' siblings. So apparently there are air filters in the suits, but maybe no oxygen tanks.
As for needing air? Pre-Crisis, Kara and Kal could fly interstellar without assistance, and didn't need air, but post-Crisis Superman needed air, but was able to hold his breath so he could go into outer space briefly. Too go interstellar, the super cousins need spacecraft for transportation. That's why you can get those scenes of Kara and Kal going into lower outer space. They're holding their breath!
Oh, as for Max Lord flying to the other side of the sun in Superman and Lois(last 2 eps of the season)? Well there, he's not kryptonian anymore, but rather the Eradicator, so he must work under different rules!
In the ep Kara pushed Fort Rozz into outer space, she used up her oxygen, and needed to be saved by her sister. All that exertion can wear even a Supergirl out!
Hope this helps.

My 2 cents.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

As many of you know, I've despised the bodysuit they have used for Supergirl the last season and a half. Now, tonight's ep, I see an example of Melissa having a bust size!

Melissa in civvies! I can get behind this girl.
Earlier we get this

Yup, that outfit just hides and detracts from her assets. Bad enough to cover up her lovely legs!

As for the episode itself, I just fast forwarded through the Dreamer stuff. I don't care about her storyline. Why not give her her own spin off series? This IS Supergirl's series after all!
Oh, and the SJW issue for this week is low income housing. Yes, that's an important issue, but a waste for a superhero show IMHO. I just want a show about a Kryptonian Kutie fighting bad guys, while getting out of perils!

My 2 cents.
Attachments
SGS06E10_02.jpg
SGS06E10_02.jpg (102.14 KiB) Viewed 5350 times
SGS06E10_01.jpg
SGS06E10_01.jpg (142.48 KiB) Viewed 5350 times
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It was a continuation of the previous week's storyline, because it was two fewer actors that didn't need to be COVID-19 quarantined since they were already cleared.

Some continuity with the menagerie story from earlier in the season. But the only good part was the end with Nixly and why she did it. Supergirl broke the deal.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Visitor wrote:
2 years ago
It was a continuation of the previous week's storyline, because it was two fewer actors that didn't need to be COVID-19 quarantined since they were already cleared.

Some continuity with the menagerie story from earlier in the season. But the only good part was the end with Nixly and why she did it. Supergirl broke the deal.
Well, Kara might've taken offense when Nyxly attacked and injured Zor-El, trying to strand him in the Phantom Zone. So, Nyxly broke with the faith first, but is so demented that she won't accept her culpability! She even lamented that she didn't kill off Zor!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I am slowly catching up with Supergirl SE06 and just have reached the end of the episode with the botched environmental clean up.

A few random thoughts I had while watching till now, and in no particular order...

"Young" Kara Danvers from the prom episodes. Wow, they really cast well for this role, the actress really did a good job imitating MBs adult version, great job, and not for the first time either if I recall correctly.

For a while I really thought that every moment onwards from when SG first arrived in the P.Z and was attacked by the phantoms was a fake reality. Her father seemed to almost try and bind her to that little cave they had hidden away in, seemingly trying to encourage her to stay in self enforced exile there. And then whenever the phantoms attacked them Zor-El seemed to be able to just beat them off - like it was a way to build credibility with Kara. But, it seems he was legit .... hmmmm

For a while I also suspected Nyxly could have been an older/ alternate / corrupted Kara Zor-El, there was a similarity in looks, I thought.

During the rescue mission and the various 2:00:00 - 1:50:00 exploits of the various characters I thought that Kelly's experience was around the wrong way. I thought the illusion was that the others had been turned and were trying to trick her to jettisoning herself out an airlock in fear. Instead of Kelly having to try and help the others find themselves she would have to realise she had to instead help herself out of the illusion .... but alas no!

I liked the "Alien 3" / The Abyss inspired moment Lena had with the water monster.

I would have liked SG's suit to get just a little damaged during her stay in the PZ - and her a little dirtied up. Clean water and food looked hard to come by ...

Lena and Kara's connection seems strong, I only wish Lena would make a hint of suggestion that she might want to cross a boundary with her. Even if Kara clumsily rejected her it could be done in a way that opens her up to the possibility ... even if won't ever happen, what with the show ending anyway.

I saw a question about Kara needing to breathe - or survive in space? I think I recall the first time this came up ... it was with the Toymaker. It was a trap and SG was going to end up drowning in some thermite laden sand and the villain said he suspected even she needs to breathe.

Later there was the episode which was titled "Exodus", I think. Evil Lillian Luthor had bundled up all the aliens she could find and was going to blast them off to space on a ship but SG managed to hold the ship back on its ascent. During the ascent you could see that the air was getting a little thin ...

And of course there was some drowning peril when I think SG had a incident with a submarine in N.C harbour? But I may have that wrong ...

Ah well ... just some ramblings of mine ... carry on!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Did this show turn into the ABC After School Special?
luther
Henchman
Henchman

Have to admit overall the show has been a bummer. The costume change totally sucks ... about as unsexy as you can get. She's attractive and her in the skirt was about the only appealing component of the show. Its a shame, because it had so much potential. I definitely won't lose any sleep when it ends for good this fall.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes, I won't be too distraught when the show ends either, and confess I am only watching now for the sake of completeness more than anything else. Well that, and for seeing what opportunities there are to adapt scenes for my own uses here at the forum. I think when the series finally ends there will be big post-mortem discussion about what was thought to be good and bad about it - both in terms of it being just a show and what it gave the peril hungry fans here at the forum.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Not a lot of SG peril in the show these days. It's registered in seconds rather than minutes. That said, it's still tons more peril than in the WW tv show of the 70s!

I'm not sure how big that post-mortem will be since it's been going on here already for the past six seasons.

luther
Henchman
Henchman

Maybe more actions scenes with SG peril, but in terms of completeness of KOs showing beginning to end with lots of time spent on LC's beautiful unconscious body there is no comparison! I'll take LC as WW in peril and Kos any day of the week :-)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This was pretty cool. At least SG got gagged and bound in this.
Also kind of a cool alien. It can be a tattoo on someone, give them powers but then can become a separate organism.
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago

Also kind of a cool alien. It can be a tattoo on someone, give them powers but then can become a separate organism.
This is the issue I have with super strength logic. Even if the alien web was too strong for her to break, she could just tear the bricks off the wall.

Otherwise, fantastic scene. :thumbup:
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Got a couple grabs from last nights ep. Kara actually gets into some bondage! :ohmg:
Spoiler
SG S06E11 grab1.jpg
SG S06E11 grab1.jpg (151.68 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
SG S06E11 grab2.jpg
SG S06E11 grab2.jpg (158.09 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
SG S06E11 grab3.jpg
SG S06E11 grab3.jpg (210.12 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
SG S06E11 grab4.jpg
SG S06E11 grab4.jpg (92.2 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
I hope the pics end up in the spoiler zone. Otherwise, sorry. Just nice to see some peril for Supergirl in her show!

My 2 cents.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm liking the whole "its the last season.. wtf... lets have fun" vibe.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Fun for who is the sad question. Do we honestly need two characters to "become heroes" in the last half of the last season? I don't want a shrink(Kelly Olsen) to become a hero just because her big brother used to be. Bad enough when they contrived Jimmy Olsen to be The Guardian! And now we also have Lena probably getting magical powers?! Ugh. Better when she's the brains of the team since "Brainiac 5" is such a failure in the role IMHO. We could be using this time for more Supergirl action-heaven forbid!

My 2 cents.

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
I'm liking the whole "its the last season.. wtf... lets have fun" vibe.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

vnv7272 wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago

This is the issue I have with super strength logic. Even if the alien web was too strong for her to break, she could just tear the bricks off the wall.

Otherwise, fantastic scene. :thumbup:

One thing I was thinking is the whole "world made of cardboard" idea. Yeah she could rip the wall apart but then does that bring part of the apartment building down. Kind of like trying to act when there eggs everywhere that can break.

She's just too OP to be a damsel.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Team Supergirl fought a
Spoiler
giant kitty cat
in the episode..... :hmmm: :wacko:

If I would wanna see such things I would still be watching LoT.
Certainly one of my least favorite SG episodes.

Bert

Yeah, but the force/wave/beam that's the only thing allowed to hit Supergirl now was:
Spoiler
kitty breath
That's adding variety. Isn't it?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Now contrast this show with Superman. Someone cheated Supergirl big time. Superman is a good example of how the writers can make something good if they don't have to write to check off every check box in the process.

Superman is a good cake cause its made to be a cake.
Supergirl is a bad cake made from a bunch of ingredients that sound good and you "ought" to eat but don't work together.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

The show is suffering from series bloat, a specialty of CW, it seems. They have someone make a guest appearance, the guest is pretty popular, and they are made into a regular. Too bad the villains never make appearances again as villains! They can break out of jail, after all!
As said previously, the show doesn't need two more "heroes". Honestly, would've been better to have Dreamer and Brainy spin-off already, paring down some of the bloat.
Wait for Lana in S&L(Superman & Lois)to become Superman's Mom again! Or all those Smallville residents relapsing into quasi-Kryptonians again.
More about this week's episode:
Spoiler
In my 4th pic, you see Kara tied up, and blasted by some green K.
SG S06E11 grab4.jpg
SG S06E11 grab4.jpg (92.2 KiB) Viewed 4774 times
This from a dragon beasty with green K breath that Nyxly made to fight some Khunds previously. Pretty silly that she made such a monster with green K breath as she was put in the zone before Krypton exploded, and it didn't existed before that event! For more dumb silliness, kryptonite doesn't have any special effects on Khunds-ONLY on Kryptonians!
More lazy writing from those writers, as you mentioned before, Mr. X!
Pretty sad that the comic book writers of the 50's through early 80's seem SOOO much better than many of today's writers(comics and show-wise)! There's such a rich and full history that these people could plunder if they just went beyond the line of the millennia, and read some of those classics! OK, some of those classic stories were pitiful drivel, but much of it was quality stuff, and they didn't lament putting the protagonists in perils. The trials and tribulations of overcoming these perils to help their fellow man is what makes these characters heroes!

My 2 cents.

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Now contrast this show with Superman. Someone cheated Supergirl big time. Superman is a good example of how the writers can make something good if they don't have to write to check off every check box in the process.

Superman is a good cake cause its made to be a cake.
Supergirl is a bad cake made from a bunch of ingredients that sound good and you "ought" to eat but don't work together.
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

I'm pretty sure Greg Berlanti just quit paying attention to this show about 3 years ago. His newer shows are pretty good.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Well...with Season 6 Episode 12 "Blind Spots" we have officially reached the nadir of the final season of Supergirl.

David Ramsey (Diggle) wrote this episode (and wrote himself into it for another meaningless guest spot). Lecture after lecture after lecture, buzzwords and namedrops and preaching, going on longer than any previous Supergirl episode in memory. Possibly the worst episode in the show's history.

Skip it with a vengeance.

P.S. Were the prop-masters too afraid to canonize National City as located in California, or was it just a mistake? Lena receives a package addressed to her, and there is no *state* listed on it. But the DC Comics database clearly says that's where it is.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The only line in the episode of interest was Diggle choosing not to be a certain type of hero because if he did he would have to leave his family.
Spoiler
I guess he rejected the ring.
Pretty much tjje entire episode was white people ignore people of color.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
2 years ago
The only line in the episode of interest was Diggle choosing not to be a certain type of hero because if he did he would have to leave his family.
Spoiler
I guess he rejected the ring.
Pretty much tjje entire episode was white people ignore people of color.
Superman is designed to be a cake and the ingredients are picked so the end product is a delicious cake.

Supergirl and Batwoman are noble cakes. They are all based on ingredients. A cake made with all the "right" ingredients like low fat, and gluten free, and salt free and fat free, all the right stuff you should eat... but it makes a horrible cake. I can take all the stuff I like such as M&Ms, beer, chicken wings, bacon, cheetos and mix them together but it won't make a delicious cake.

Superman = delicious cake you eat for entertainment.
Supergirl = noble cake you consume for the ingredients.
Bert

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Skip it with a vengeance.
Nice turn of phrase!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago

I can take all the stuff I like such as M&Ms, beer, chicken wings, bacon, cheetos and mix them together but it won't make a delicious cake.
Maybe not, but it might make heart failure cake :giggle:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bert

Fast forwarded through this week's unwatchable episode in search of "action" scenes. Three separate occurrences of the stuntwoman being sent flying by a force/wave/beam were the only actiony bits. I think that's a new episode record for force/wave/beam scenes. Then I watched next week's preview, where Supergirl gets thrown flying by a force/wave/beam.

As a person somewhat prone to cynicism, I'm struck by the sheer magnitude of disappointment this show has delivered. It's gone from an absolute dream come true in the first half season, with lovely, sexy actress and costume, tons of action, great peril, centered on the main character, cool villains, to this. Zero sexiness. Storytelling so unbelievably stupid it just defies description. And worst of all an all out, full court press of intentionally avoiding fight scenes. In a superhero show. I think the last two seasons of Supergirl are just about the worst fully funded, professionally produced and aired seasons of a television program ever. I wouldn't be surprised if this series ends up being a case study in how not to run a show.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ah, Bert and later Supergirl seasons......maybe this is what I will miss most after the show is over in 2 weeks. ;)
-
Will watch the latest episode today. Looking forward to how it all will end.
After I watch the last Supergirl episode ...I will pretend that seasons 5 and 6 don't exist from then on and be happy (more or less) about the other seasons.

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

My bar on this show is so low now that I am watching out of sheer obligation at this point. Feels like Melissa herself has checked out. So damn sad. The fact that I now care so little about how the individual character's storylines are tied up shows just how far this series has fallen. I used to be this series' biggest supporter.

Damselbinder

As a non-viewer, it's fascinating to me seeing everybody's watching experience of this show metamorphosing into a harrowing journey through the five stages of grief.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The only part I found watchable were the Lex and Otis scenes where Otis had good ideas and advice. The season hit a new low where Otis was the smartest person in the room.

So many missed opportunities with the return of a higher tech Lex.

I passed through the last page of grief a few seasons ago when I realized that the show became a platform for Political Correctness and Social Justice views instead of an action/peril comic book show. After the first season, the writers fell off a cliff.