I am the Galaxy Sheriff!

Cosplay Discussion, Releases, Pics & Clips
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

My latest super suit, I am the Galaxy Sheriff, Grand Verde!

Suit was custom made, I made the eye mask.
IMG_1728.JPG
IMG_1728.JPG (253.54 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG (317.33 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG (296.01 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
IMG_1571.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG (316.02 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG (326.27 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Did you get that off Giga's costume auction? Looks great!

editied:
Ooops didn't see where you said it was custom made. Looks a lot like one of the akiba web character suits.
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

Haha. You've got a good eye. I'm actually unable to get any of GIGA's costumes of their auctions as they appear to be blocked. Yes it is based on one of the akiba web heroes. There is another version I plan on ordering soon that's more shiny.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah I see them get auctioned but US markets are blocked.
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

I know, and I wish it wasn't like that. But I'd imagine they cost huge fortunes.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Suppose you could get a japanease freight forwarder if you really wanted one?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

lionbadger wrote:
2 years ago
Suppose you could get a japanease freight forwarder if you really wanted one?
The auction site won't allow outside ISPs. I suppose one could use a VPN and spoof a japanese server. But I would imagine the moment you use an american credit card, the card would decline both from the site and the card company.
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

That's the big issue, much to our dismay. But I have found another place that sells authentic replicas, and they're in surprisingly great quality.
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

What are your supposed powers? There's quite nasty supervillains lurking so I highly doubt your powers are worthy for the galaxy sheriff!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

GalacStar89 wrote:
2 years ago
That's the big issue, much to our dismay. But I have found another place that sells authentic replicas, and they're in surprisingly great quality.
Do you have a url ;)
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

A URL for what? The auction site they use to sell their suits?
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

Oh you meant the site I found that sells relicas. It's a seller on Aliexpress called Zentaihero.
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

What did I tell you? Basically speaks for itself. So many suits from them I want to order and showcase here.
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

Many hero costumes on there I hope to showcase and debut especially on here. Update to Galaxy Sheriff, Spandexer, Sun Angel, a shinier Accel suit. You name it, it's all there.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ok I purchased a few items from AliExpress. Here is my evaluation:

1. Took exactly one month to get my shipment.
2. They keep you informed. They are from china. Apparently they contract out them to be made. They will expire your order and refund your money if the suits aren't shipped by a certain deadline.
3. They are NOT form fitting like the pictures. Baggy would be more of a description. Also the bottoms are huge. I guess to these people medium means huge. So error on the side of smaller sizes. They need shortening. In some cases I see no way the costume will stay on a model unless an elastic is added. The material is stretchy but not by much.
4. They are not the sturdiest of construction but better than halloween costumes.
5. They do come with some accessories like gloves or masks or a lasso or capes or bottoms. They come with these "socks" that are I guess boots.
6. They are OK replications. I got GalacStar89's Galaxy Sheriff suit and its fairly close. I bought 4 other suits as well.
7. Certain accessories are not in the suit like a ww logo on the chest or boots.

My biggest gripe are the bottoms. For medium they really think the girl must be in the 200lb plus range. What you won't get is a form fitting suit and it will need tucks and shortening and probably a belt. I'm guessing the bottoms are large on purpose because they would be fairly easy to shorten
GalacStar89
Henchman
Henchman

Yes. Yes I am aware. I'm ordering a few more from them, including their shiny metallic Galaxy Sheriff suit.