Batwoman - Season 2

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'm surprised to her you say that Doc as I find the writing patchy at best.
I'm only up to epi 2 of season 2 but already I'm annoyed at the laziness.

Every other episode Alice makes a surprise appearance somewhere she isn't supposed to be to deliver a plot exposition of what she is up to, a threat and a bitter rant about how her family has treated her, ya know just to show how mad and pissed she is.

It's happened in the first two episodes of season 2 already and I'm gonna go for a plot prediction and say they will carry on doing it. How do I know this? Well they have done it 10 or 12 times at least so far, probably more.

Shock! Alice is in Daddy Kanes apartment, cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against him and reminds him of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger.

Shock! Alice is in Kate Kanes apartment, cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against her and reminds her of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger.

Shock! Alice is in Wayne Enterprises offices , where she confronts Luke, cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against him and reminds him of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger.

Shock! Alice is in Wayne Enterprises offices, where she confronts Kate, cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against her and reminds her of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger.

Shock! Alice is in Kates sisters clinic , cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against her and reminds her of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger.

Shock! Alice is in Kates Bar, cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against her and reminds her of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger.

Shock! Alice is in the backseat of someone's car, cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against them and reminds them of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger.

Shock! Alice is in her psychiatrists office, cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against them and reminds them of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger.

Shock! Alice is in the backseat of someone's car, cue surprise and "How did you get in here?/ What are you doing here? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against them and reminds them of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger. Oh I used this one already? Well that doesn't matter as they can just keep on doing it ad infinitum and apparently intend to.

I could go on but unlike the writers I know when to stop.
It's an incredibly lazy way to explain the plot and oh so fucking tedious. Surprise reveals aren't a surprise when you've used the device 14 times before.

In season two we had the blonde Kane operatives car used and Kates sisters clinic and I've only seen two episodes. I'm gonna go for a surprise appearance in Wayne Enterprises offices next.

Some bits are interesting - the Sofiyah concept was good but it gets diluted by the trite plot explanation.

Why the hell don't they have the good guys piecing together the dastardly plan a bit more often. Instead of this oh-so-tired method.

Throw in a few more general sudden meetings on the street or in corridors or that don't quite follow the predictable outline above but only with the slightest variation and it's not far off every episode.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrDominator9 wrote:
2 years ago
I've enjoyed this season quite a bit. While I missed Ruby Rose I did think the writers did a very strong job this season keeping things interesting and very involving on many different levels.

If I had to say the thing that surprised me most was the arc that the character Alice went through this season. She went from a cartoonish kind of evil figure to a person of remarkable depth, imho. I think that the producers and writers knew what they had in this actress. She carries the show whenever she's on-screen. Kudos to her for making Season 2 a success.

I think the Batwoman character was far better than I expected as well. Based on the brief description of the character's background in the first promotional materials the producers released, I was certainly expecting the worst.

I sure wish that the Supergirl series had half the amount of decent writing that virtually every other WB series get. They didn't lose their main star, it just felt like they did. Sighs... Good work, Batwoman team. And thanks, Maskripper, for keeping us up-to-date on all the episodes with pictures and commentary.

Actually, I never missed Ruby since I was rather really annoyed that she decided to quit.
Wallis Day is a great replacement....they should have started the show with her....than a LOT would have changed, especially the whole season 2.
Javicia Leslie did a good job as Ryan Wilder/Batwoman 2.0, and she stays in her role....
---------

My long review on the season 2 finale of Batwoman (incl. a preview on season 3):

....I hardly recommend watching the episode before you go there!
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... e-18-power
:excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:
---

Some pictures:
-

Season 3 will start on October 13!
-
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Well I'm up to episode 4 and...

Shock! Alice is in Sophies apartment , where she confronts her, cue surprise and "What are you doing in my condo? ' whereupon she delivers hints of what she is up to, threats against her and reminds her of what she's been treated like in the past with a bit of screaming anger. Oh no my bad they left the screaming anger out for variety' s sake.

So, for episode 5, I'm gonna plump for a surprise appearance to Daddy Kane as its been a while. Penthouse apartment, on the street or at / in his car in the car park? I'm gonna go for the car scenario.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).