Uncovered, from TBFE

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
Bert

I rarely write reviews. Partly, it's hard work and I'm very lazy. Also, To be honest as a reviewer you have to discuss the warts on the production. I don't like doing that because this is a small niche of movie production and margins are thin. If I come across as too critical, there's a chance sales could be affected and I don't like the idea of contributing, however infinitesimally, to reducing a producer's income. Given these realities, I'm probably only ever going to review films that I really like. This, obviously, is such a film.

In today's marketplace, several top producers rely almost exclusively on customs. I can't fault them for that choice - if you want to keep the lights on, you do what you gotta do. But as a consumer with limited resources, commissioning a custom isn't in my wheelhouse. That leaves me at the whim of other people's tastes, and very often the videos that TBFE or Rye put out have a lot of content that doesn't interest me that much. That's the reality. I usually wait for sales, so that I get reasonable bang for the buck for the parts of the videos that I actually enjoy. With Uncovered, things were different. I was probably one of first customers to buy this film. It showed up on SHG-Media several days before there was any advertising on SHIP sites. I'd seen the preview material on the TBFE site and was very intrigued, so I nabbed it the moment I saw it.

Fuck me, was I ever not disappointed! In my opinion, this is the best flick from TBFE for several years. Why? well let me tell you...
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-13h49m27s126.png
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-13h49m27s126.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 11532 times
1. The actress. A newcomer to the genre, at least as far as I can tell. Rita is her name, and she's absolutely fucking gorgeous. Pretty face, beautiful long hair, and a body to die for. She's a pretty good actor too. Her dialog work is fine, and her vocalizations during the fighting sequences are absolutely top notch. Lots of variety, and good escalation as things begin to go badly for her.
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-14h00m40s040.png
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-14h00m40s040.png (2.18 MiB) Viewed 11532 times
2. The costume. TBFE seems to save their absolute best stuff for this Excelsia character. I love the custume. It's really sexy without being waaay over-the-top slutty. Nice cleavage, high cut legs, but not too much, nice long cape - just perfect. And those boots! I'm not a foot or footwear guy, but these boots are so freaking sexy even I noticed them.
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-13h57m14s751.png
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-13h57m14s751.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 11532 times
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-13h55m14s481.png
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-13h55m14s481.png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 11532 times
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-13h51m47s023.png
vlcsnap-2021-06-14-13h51m47s023.png (1.72 MiB) Viewed 11532 times
vlcsnap-2021-05-30-10h42m27s194.png
vlcsnap-2021-05-30-10h42m27s194.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 11532 times

3. The story. Simple enough, but not the usual thing. I love the idea of a third party observer as part of the story. I've used it in some of my fiction, and it works really well here. Also, the main fight in the video is just a straight up battle between the heroine and the villain. There's no mcguffin - the villain is just really powerful and gives the heroine more than she can handle. That's a very effective way to go. The villain is much larger and bulkier than Excelsia, though she is initially very confident regardless. After some early back and forth that the heroine more than holds her own in, Reaper begins to get the upper hand. What follows is the best heroine-villain fight I've seen for a long time. There's some genuine inventiveness here, while also working in many of the elements fans and customers love. Towards the end Excelsia takes quite a beating. Here, we see things that rarely seem to make it into HIP films these days.

The movie ends with some sexual content that isn't my cup of tea, but the majority of the runtime is a terrific battle. Just about perfect for my tastes. If you liked Excelsia 2 from TBFE a few years back, you'll love this one.

9.5 out of 10
hypnomancer
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Great review. I too, have slacked on writing a good deal of reviews, so good to see I'm not alone. :evil:

I don't think I've seen this one, but I am impressed with what I see from Rita here in the pictures. It's on my list now, and I hope that we see more of her in future TBFE works. :beer2:
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert-

I know we may have had our back-and-forths, but I'm highly in agreement with you about the Excelsia costume.
I do have Excelsia 2, which does continue to be one of the better things TBFE has ever done.

But I do think there's something many people who see the costume may not realize about it.
I haven't seen this costume used in any other productions, and I'm not sure where TBFE got it from
(it certainly has withstood the test of time) but its origin seems pretty clear.

This is Hericane from Penthouse Comix! (with some minor differences, at best)
It'd be interesting to know if they had it created at some point in the past,
or whether such an item can actually be purchased on the Internet (haven't been able to find it).
Hericane.jpg
Hericane.jpg (20.81 KiB) Viewed 11227 times
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Bert-

I know we may have had our back-and-forths, but I'm highly in agreement with you about the Excelsia costume.
I do have Excelsia 2, which does continue to be one of the better things TBFE has ever done.

But I do think there's something many people who see the costume may not realize about it.
I haven't seen this costume used in any other productions, and I'm not sure where TBFE got it from
(it certainly has withstood the test of time) but its origin seems pretty clear.

or whether such an item can actually be purchased on the Internet (haven't been able to find it).

Hericane.jpg
I think I saw Mandi Steele in an outfit based on it. Been so long ago though...
Bert

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Bert-

Hericane.jpg
Danorian is correct, Mandi Steele used it in a few pic sets.

I'd be curious to hear your impressions of this new video.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Danorian is correct, Mandi Steele used it in a few pic sets.

I'd be curious to hear your impressions of this new video.
Yes, you guys are right - I do remember seeing it in photos quite a while back on Mandi's site, although she did not wear the costume herself - it was Raven (who starred as evil villainess in one of her movies) and also Candi, Karly, and Tara Steeles. All the models looked fantastic in it!

But Mandi and TBFE are the only two places I've seen this "Hericane" style costume. So I guess it's still possible that one point it was made commercially? (if TBFE didn't just create their own). Mandi's version is somewhat different, and also closer to the original design, with the open triangular window under her chest.

I'll give you my impressions when I check it out, but I was really just fixated a bit more on the identity of the costume. Sorry to interrupt the flow of things....
mandi steel site hericane 2.jpg
mandi steel site hericane 2.jpg (122.48 KiB) Viewed 11149 times
mandi steele site hericane 1.jpg
mandi steele site hericane 1.jpg (228.28 KiB) Viewed 11149 times
tara steele hericane 1.jpg
tara steele hericane 1.jpg (351.44 KiB) Viewed 11144 times
karly steele hericane 1.jpg
karly steele hericane 1.jpg (373.42 KiB) Viewed 11144 times
candi steele hericane 2.jpg
candi steele hericane 2.jpg (352.69 KiB) Viewed 11144 times
Bert

286.JPG
286.JPG (362.47 KiB) Viewed 11103 times
288.JPG
288.JPG (175.83 KiB) Viewed 11103 times
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I purchased Uncovered myself and I enjoyed it. The actress and the storyline were very good.
sensualbarbarian
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

This was an amazing movie. Love the actress? Does anyone know who she is? Both her and Kayla do well as Excelsia. Great performance and story.