Batwoman - Season 2

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Here we go again....
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Let's have your first parachute jump be a HALO, one of the hardest jumps without practice. Seriously, the writers just do stuff because it lets them get to the good stuff.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Pretty girl.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
That wig just really annoys me. Why wear something that restricts your periphery vision and possibly your hearing, because it's not like you need those in a fight, right? oh no wait.
Batwoman's wig has always been a security risk. Batman makes note of it a few times in the comics, even all but ordering her to 'lose the wig' once and she literally 'pfft'ed at him like he was a silly boy. Batwoman doesn't care. It's a style thing. A statement. So really... its no different here. Batwoman wears the wigged cowl because it LOOKS cool, never for function. Anyone whose ever refused a stat increase on a mismatched chestplate in an RPG gets this xD Sometimes functionality takes a back seat to style.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
That wig just really annoys me. Why wear something that restricts your periphery vision and possibly your hearing, because it's not like you need those in a fight, right? oh no wait.
Batwoman's wig has always been a security risk. Batman makes note of it a few times in the comics, even all but ordering her to 'lose the wig' once and she literally 'pfft'ed at him like he was a silly boy. Batwoman doesn't care. It's a style thing. A statement. So really... its no different here. Batwoman wears the wigged cowl because it LOOKS cool, never for function. Anyone whose ever refused a stat increase on a mismatched chestplate in an RPG gets this xD Sometimes functionality takes a back seat to style.
Yep and right after the new writers took over (after DC said she couldn't get married) she was almost fully unmasked when someone grabbed her wig in a fight and almost pulled her entire cowl off. The villainess(a vampire) got a glimpse of her face though and I believe seduced her over the next few issues.

I will admit though, the reason I always loved Batwoman is because she basically told Batman to F' off and take a hike, it always annoyed me how he thought he had domain over every cape in Gotham, always such a god complex.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

RedMountain wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Yep and right after the new writers took over (after DC said she couldn't get married) she was almost fully unmasked when someone grabbed her wig in a fight and almost pulled her entire cowl off. The villainess(a vampire) got a glimpse of her face though and I believe seduced her over the next few issues.

I will admit though, the reason I always loved Batwoman is because she basically told Batman to F' off and take a hike, it always annoyed me how he thought he had domain over every cape in Gotham, always such a god complex.
Yeah that's just 'Badwritter' syndrome though and IMO thematically doesn't count. The best part about Batwoman was basically that she stood in the hierarchy of the 'bat family' as basically the 'mom' of the group. Bruce couldn't tell her what to do cause she didn't NEED Bruce to tell her what to do and she was perfectly happy to tell him that outright. She wore her cowl how she liked because she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself wigged cowl and all... Vampire sex fetishes are what happens when someone who doesn't know what the hell their doing gets ahold of a character they don't care about beyond how badly they wanna see her get raped by a vampire. Great fetish material for private times, a dumb idea to put in a mainstream comic book, and as far as I'm concerned, the sort of thing that's gonna be first on the next retcon chopping block whenever it comes around.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
RedMountain wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago

Yeah that's just 'Badwritter' syndrome though and IMO thematically doesn't count. The best part about Batwoman was basically that she stood in the hierarchy of the 'bat family' as basically the 'mom' of the group. Bruce couldn't tell her what to do cause she didn't NEED Bruce to tell her what to do and she was perfectly happy to tell him that outright. She wore her cowl how she liked because she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself wigged cowl and all... Vampire sex fetishes are what happens when someone who doesn't know what the hell their doing gets ahold of a character they don't care about beyond how badly they wanna see her get raped by a vampire. Great fetish material for private times, a dumb idea to put in a mainstream comic book, and as far as I'm concerned, the sort of thing that's gonna be first on the next retcon chopping block whenever it comes around.
Sorry Batwoman was very low in the hierarchy of the Batman Family

Batman one one level
Dick Grayson and Alfred on the next level
Barbara Gordan on the next level
Batwoman, the rest of the Robins, Huntress
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago
RedMountain wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago

Sorry Batwoman was very low in the hierarchy of the Batman Family

Batman one one level
Dick Grayson and Alfred on the next level
Barbara Gordan on the next level
Batwoman, the rest of the Robins, Huntress
I'm not talking about their sales or popularity. I'm talking about where she stood in on the level of competence/respect (I mean come on... Alfred isn't even a combatant xD... and I expect) They all but solidified this in that ol' 'Batfamily' comic series they ran where Batman and Batwoman were training up some Robins, Spoiler and the other Batgirl (the full mouthless masked one)

I don't mean like, any sort of official hierarchy or anything xD primarily the 'bat family' are all soloists anyway with occasional side kicks. They don't actually have any kind of 'rank' Batgirl respects Bruce enough to ordinarily head his advice... but like, she doesn't take 'commands' from him or anything. My point was simply that at the start of the whole 'lets make Batwoman an actual character' push that began a decade or so ago, they established that Batwoman was different from the rest of the Bat Family in that she did not need Bruce Wayne to fall back on. Vampire sex parties are more of a 'new blood edgelord' creation.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm not talking about their sales or popularity. I'm talking about where she stood in on the level of competence/respect (I mean come on... Alfred isn't even a combatant xD... and I expect) They all but solidified this in that ol' 'Batfamily' comic series they ran where Batman and Batwoman were training up some Robins, Spoiler and the other Batgirl (the full mouthless masked one)

I don't mean like, any sort of official hierarchy or anything xD primarily the 'bat family' are all soloists anyway with occasional side kicks. They don't actually have any kind of 'rank' Batgirl respects Bruce enough to ordinarily head his advice... but like, she doesn't take 'commands' from him or anything. My point was simply that at the start of the whole 'lets make Batwoman an actual character' push that began a decade or so ago, they established that Batwoman was different from the rest of the Bat Family in that she did not need Bruce Wayne to fall back on. Vampire sex parties are more of a 'new blood edgelord' creation.
------------------
If we are doing it on that level. Dick Grayson is still way above BatWoman, we are talking about someone who has the respect of every major player in the hero community from Superman to Wonder Woman and has led all the D.C major teams

Barbara Gordan as either the third member of the Terrefic Trio or as Oracle also way above Kate Kane
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago

------------------
If we are doing it on that level. Dick Grayson is still way above BatWoman, we are talking about someone who has the respect of every major player in the hero community from Superman to Wonder Woman and has led all the D.C major teams

Barbara Gordan as either the third member of the Terrefic Trio or as Oracle also way above Kate Kane
*Sigh* Look, whatever, I'm not trying to get into a big genital measuring contest over where people rank on the batfamily and doing so is only going to drag us away from what I was talking about with Tallyho. The wig is a stylistic 'choice' that she wears knowing that it's not an optimal combat addition because she knows she's perfectly capable of taking care of herself with it on. It's something that's been notated in the character's history even as being exactly thus... and so there's no real need to overexamine the wig on the cowl in the show.

'Realistic' story threads are only things that matter if doing a 'realistic' thing is specifically what your trying to do. 'Realism' has kind of been a bit of a pollutant ever since Christopher Nolan's Batman in Superhero fans that drags us further and further from the point of the stories. The only consistency that matters in a story is the stories internal logical consistency, if realism is the INTENT then you establish a realistic thing occurring early on as the benchmark so viewers can go 'oh I see it's trying to be realistic' then you hold to that as a consistency in your stories logic, if you DON'T mean for realism to be a big deal, then the best mode of continuation is to just not address it. Viewers today are growing increasingly smitten by abject realism to the point they expect it even where it isn't being advertised.

Ex: If Batwoman were supposed to be a realistic tale, then the story would have Batman comment on Kate's choice to wear a wigged cowl and to remove it, she'd say 'sod off' then the story would pay this moment off by a moment where something bad occurs to her in relation to the wig, and she'd take it as a growth moment to create a new cowl 'sans' the wig.

If you don't WANT your readers concerned with realism, but instead what to indicate that Kate Cain is a Batwoman who can handle herself. You have batman make the notation, Kate assures him she can take care of herself, you pay it off later with a moment where it seems Batman's warning MIGHT come true, but then Batwoman deals with the situation without to much trouble, illustrating that for her, a wigged mask is not the weakness anybody thinks it is. Close the book, we move on, the question only crops up again a decade later when readers have forgotten about the moment Kate Cain was established as well capable enough to chose style over substance, new writers arrive having seen to many Nolan films and redress the topic that's already been dealt with. The wheel turns on.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Folks, stay on topic, please! This topic is about season 2 of the TV show.
-

Episode 8, "I Survived Much Worse"
-
My review and pictures + 3 videos: :excl: :excl: :excl:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... much-worse
-
-
Next episode on March 28.
-
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Javicia posted a very cool "behind the scenes" video today which shows how they did the major stunt of episode 8:

-
I love to see such videos about stunt work!

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
RedMountain wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago

Yeah the new writers that took over for her were pretty awful, Batwoman was my favorite DC book up until that point for many of the reasons you mentioned. Also enjoyed how her stories played more into the supernatural at times and she had a lot of fun team ups with others like Wonder Woman w/o needing the Bat Family to support her book.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 9 will be aired today!
-
(^Behind the scenes pic^)
Black Mask appears!

-
Trailer:

-

Hope that Wallis Day has her first "real" scenes as well.
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 9, "Rule #1"

My review + pictures and 2 videos can be found on my blog:
:excl: :excl: :excl:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... e-9-rule-1
-

Some pictures:
-
Next episode will be aired on April 11.
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 10 airs tonight!

Some pictures:

The trailer:

-
Glad that the 14 days without an episode are over....
:yes:

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 10

Detailed review, 40 screenshots and 2 videos can be found on my blog:

https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... d-behavior
-
Some screenshots:

-
Next episode on April 18.
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

New promo posters:

Fresh behind the scenes picture with Julia in the Batsuit (ep7, season1)
-

The Kane family reunited, now with Wallis Day as Kate (minus Mary)
-

Today episode 11 of Batwoman will air on the CW!

Some promo pictures:
-

The trailer for episode 11:

-

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Did they officially cancel Season 3 of Batwoman?
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/18/i ... 3-rumours/

Rumor that season 3 will be the last.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

:excl: Season 3 is officially confirmed since early February :excl:
....and that is a FACT, not a rumor.
And I don't give a shit about those rumors that season 3 will be the last. They are just rumors. Perhaps even directly invented by some basement trolls and/or some clickbait website.
I would only believe it once they would be officially confirmed by a trustworthy website with the words "confirmed by the CW" or something like that.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's a shame if it is 3 and out as neither actress will have been given a fair crack of the whip regardless of how good or bad they were in the role, and Rose looked the part in the suit but looked like a spindly teenage boy out of it and couldn't act for toffee so whilst I haven't seen either replacement yet they gotta be better than that.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

^ Don't you worry @tallyho, Javicia Leslie can act better than Ruby (even I have to admit that Ruby wasn't a good choice in retrospective) and she fills out the newer and improved costume rrrrrreally nice. :w00t:
She has at least around 35-45 episodes to show that. Hopefully even much more, depending on how many seasons there will be.
And the new Kate Kane (Wallis Day) looks quite stunning to me. Never have seen her in anything more like a video clip so far...but I will watch (at least) the first few episodes of Krypton to see her acting.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Isn't Javica going to be replaced by Day though? So where does the 45 episodes come in wouldn't it just be the season 2 run and done?

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Isn't Javica going to be replaced by Day though? So where does the 45 episodes come in wouldn't it just be the season 2 run and done?
No, Caroline Dries said that Ryan Wilder (Javicia Leslie) is Batwoman and will keep that role.
So far, we know nothing about what will happen to Kate Kane (Wallis Day) in the long run.
Spoiler
Right now, as she is trapped in that basement and seemingly brainwashed by Black Mask and Enigma (who knows how to alter memories and such things).....it's hard to tell where that will lead to.
It could be that he uses her against Batwoman and/or the rest of the Kane family.
I guess at some point the Kane family be will re-united. Perhaps Kate Kane will then leave Gotham for a while....or she works with Batwoman? Or she even becomes a second Batwoman? There is an animated movie "Mystery of the Batwomen" with three Batwomen who wear the same costumes with full face masks so that they look identical with their costumes on.
I think she might be a vigilante partner to the Ryan Wilder Batwoman....after all in practically every Arrowverse show they start with a single hero (+support crew) and then more and more crime fighters are joining (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning). I'm not the biggest fan of that...but as long the team doesn't get too big...it would be ok for me.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 11, "Arrive Alive"

My review, 40 screenshots and 2 videos can be found on the blog:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... rive-alive

-
Some screenshots:
Spoiler
....guess someone found out ....something ;-)
-

Next episode on May 2nd.
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Finally a new episode tonight (now at 9 PM)! :thumbup:

Some promo pictures:

...and the trailer:

-

Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

This is getting interesting. It will be great to see how this effects Jacob Kane and his daughters. Recasting Kate might be good.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 12

Maybe the best episode of the show so far :w00t:
If you have never seen an episode, then watch this one!!!
https://www.cwtv.com/shows/batwoman/
(you can stream it for free in the US on the CW site and app)

Alone the fact that Batwoman has around 16 minutes of screentime is already awesome! Hard to top that...
+ a second masked woman is in it from now on!
-
Some screenshots:

-
My long review, more than 40 screenshots are on my blog:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... f-destruct

(videos will follow tomorrow)
*EDIT* Videos now uploaded!
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 13 (season 2) of Batwoman will air on the CW tonight (9 PM)!
From what I read so far, some really big reveal will be done in this one….and I can’t wait to find out!

Some promo pictures:

And here is the trailer:

Plus...Wallis Day takes over the Instagram channel of the CWBatwoman:
https://www.instagram.com/cwbatwoman/

Hope for some nice chats with other cast members and some behind the scenes pictures!
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 13

Posted my review on the episode 2 days ago, but now screenshots and a Batwoman video are included as well:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... you-a-clue

-
And here some screenshots:
-

Next episode on May 16.
-

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'm just not sold on this with the wig. As the hair comes out to the same width as the shoulders, rather than looking like some dark sinister avenger in silhouette she looks like an amorphous blob.
It's the inverse of the first series for me when Ruby looked crap in civvies and good in the costume.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The costume is much more than the wig. That is only a small part of it.
Well, I would say Ruby looked good in the (different) cowl(s) with the red wig.
I think the new wig looks ...ok... on Javicia, as it fits. She looked much worse with the red wig in the first episodes.
Also, Javicia fills out the new and improved (shiny) costume much better than Ruby did in season 1.
So, overall, quite an improvement in season 2.

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ruby should have worn the costume tighter and shinier...Her sexy petite body was just begging to have the suit painted on....I still wish her & Supergirl would have made love, if they wanted to raise ratings that would have done it!!! Melissa under Ruby....yikes!!!
grunt1984
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Ruby should have worn the costume tighter and shinier...Her sexy petite body was just begging to have the suit painted on....I still wish her & Supergirl would have made love, if they wanted to raise ratings that would have done it!!! Melissa under Ruby....yikes!!!
Couldn't agree more with you
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Ratings aren't the only thing that would have gone up.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's Batwoman-Sunday! :yes:

Selected promo pictures for tonight's episode:

More here:
https://batwoman.tv/and-justice-for-all-gallery
-

And here is the trailer:

-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 14

My review (+pictures and vids) can now be found on the blog:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... ce-for-all

Some screenshots:
-
The next episode will be aired on June 6, the final 4 episodes of the season will all be aired in June.
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

3 looooong weeks without an episode are over!

Today episode 15 airs!

Some promo pictures:

And the trailer:

-
Thrilled to see how it all continues!
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

My detailed review of episode 15 can be found on my blog now:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... -dangerous
-
Some screenshots as well:

-
Episode 16 will be aired next Sunday!
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Today the first official pictures of Batwing were posted!

Check out Luke Fox as Batwing:

-
Well, I think the costume looks rather.....awesome! Can't wait to see him in action!
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Today episode 16 of the 2nd season of Batwoman airs on the CW (9 PM)!

Here some preview pictures:

…and the trailer:

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 16, "Rebirth"

My review can be found on my blog (+vids, pics):
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... 16-rebirth

-
Some screenshots:
-

2 more episodes this season, the next one on Sunday!
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 17 airs tonight! (CW, 9PM)

Some promo pics:
-

And the trailer:

:w00t:
-

Damselbinder

If I have to see one more trailer that begins with the words "a storm is coming"

then I will pout
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe Batwing will bed Supergirl since Batwoman won't. is the new Batwoman also lesbian?
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Maybe Batwing will bed Supergirl since Batwoman won't. is the new Batwoman also lesbian?
Well, Supergirl won't continue to film much longer for the last season.
Batwoman will start filming for season 3 in late July (seemingly).
So, the time window for any kind of crossovers is there...but rather small.

And yeah, Ryan Wilder is also a lesbian. But Kate could also make a trip to visit Kara.
Would be great to have any kind of crossover before the Supergirl show is over.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 17 "Kane, Kate"

My rdetailed review:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... -kane-kate
-
Some screenshots:
-
The final episode 18 of this season will be aired next Sunday.
-

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Today the season 2 FINALE will be aired!
I made a special preview post about it... incl. pictures, the trailer, and my ideas and opinion towards this finale:

https://maskripper.org/only-some-hours- ... f-batwoman
-
-

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I've enjoyed this season quite a bit. While I missed Ruby Rose I did think the writers did a very strong job this season keeping things interesting and very involving on many different levels.

If I had to say the thing that surprised me most was the arc that the character Alice went through this season. She went from a cartoonish kind of evil figure to a person of remarkable depth, imho. I think that the producers and writers knew what they had in this actress. She carries the show whenever she's on-screen. Kudos to her for making Season 2 a success.

I think the Batwoman character was far better than I expected as well. Based on the brief description of the character's background in the first promotional materials the producers released, I was certainly expecting the worst.

I sure wish that the Supergirl series had half the amount of decent writing that virtually every other WB series get. They didn't lose their main star, it just felt like they did. Sighs... Good work, Batwoman team. And thanks, Maskripper, for keeping us up-to-date on all the episodes with pictures and commentary.