Cartoon character cancelled

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

a couple of links...

https://barnesreview.org/amazons-banned-book-full-list/

https://www.ibtimes.sg/dr-seuss-which-b ... -why-55952

In a cancel culture, the righteous appoint themselves the arbiters of right and wrong and also the judge and jury. In reality these self righteous arbiters have power thanks to social media and the politicians and CEOs (especially media monopolies) who think they are the mainstream. This belief that these social media trolls are mainstream is incorrect and dangerous to our democracy.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago

You won by stealing the election by voter fraud. We were far better under Trump than Obama. Until the china produced Covid we were on an economic high.

You trust slime like Pelosi , Biden and the racist Squad?

They want to turn us into a govt run economy
You lost election cause dictator wannabe Trump sucked dick. Voters voted him out. No fraud, just majority sane people had enough of Clown leader. Completely honest and fair election. Insurrectionist Trump and QAnon goofballs tried to actually steal the election, and failed. Soon Trump will be indicted. Others will be indicted. Hope QAnon is found and indicted. Go to jail, go directly to jail. Good riddance to the Lying Traiter Sleezebag.

Obama led the economic recovery needed after Bush debacle. Woulda left Hilary a growing economy, instead Trump inherited the growing economy and Trump just road the coattails of Obama economic upward growth momentum. Trump added nothing. Same growth pace over time.

Trump's contribution to economy was a bailout to the super rich who wanted tax cuts they didn't really need. Greed.

Trump's contribution to USA's goodwill across the world was to ruin it, make the world sad for us, make the world communist countries and totalitarian leaders happy to watch Trump ruination of USA. Everything Trump touches, dies. Gets soiled. Becomes cheap and worthless. Becomes uber-lame.

Wait! Did you write "slime like Dazzle1" and "and the racist Dazzle1?" Sorry, not wearing my glasses. Looks like what you wrote.

Did you write that "Trump wants to end democracy and be the one and only Putin like Dictator of the USA, the worst dictator in the history of the world to follow his stint as worst president ever in anyone's lifetime?"

Wrong as usual Obama led no recovery , the economy bounced back under Trump, yes the Rich got a tax break so did the rest of us.

I am sure Israel, India, Japan and Brazil prefered Trump over racist Obama,Obama was loved for being a coward.

BTW HM said we were not suppose to attack other member of the community. But you seem to ignore the rule

But I guess you follow the woke
You know that economic growth under Obama was a very well documented fact, don't you? It's not a matter of opinion.

You know that Republican election officials, Republican state governors, the Republican-appointed head of the FBI and a very, very Republican Attorney General stated on the record that there was no evidence of widespread voter fraud, don't you? Again, this is very well documented fact and not a matter of opinion.

As a certain squeaky dweeb is so fond of saying, facts don't care about your feelings.

It seems that the bizarre lies spouted by God Emperor Trump instantly trump all evidence to the contrary. Your world view appears to be based on the delusions of a rambling narcissist, rather than documented facts from the real world.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

God this thread makes my head hurt, how has an animated skunk wanting to fuck a cat gotten the world in such a pile of crap???
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

batgirl1969 wrote:
3 years ago
God this thread makes my head hurt, how has an animated skunk wanting to fuck a cat gotten the world in such a pile of crap???
Because he was French
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
3 years ago
a-f-in-men batgirl!
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest Simon & Garfunkel
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
I linked to an article quoting from the data.

The president of the United States spent the final year of his term referring to a deadly pandemic as "kung-flu" and the "China virus".

Try to get this - Asian people in New York City are afraid to leave their homes because of the abuse coming their way. It's the same in many places around the country. The fact that this situation doesn't align with your personal political philosophy is a pathetic reason to deny it's happening.
I looked up a bunch of articles, most of which came from TV station reports. Sorry, but the Grievance Industry has motivation in trying to raise money from fear. I'm not denying that attacks exist. I'm saying that it's harder to assess this data as some kind of massive tide of rising racism, *as if* it's the 1940s.

The data is flawed. According to an article I read, some of the "incidents" are actual media statements by politicians...?

Furthermore, you say "all around the country", and I'm not discounting that, but **the articles themselves** mostly say "San Francisco and New York", among the confined shutdowns. I couldn't find any article references at all to Illinois and Florida. I found a couple for Pennsylvania and one major one for Texas. See below.

Asian restaurateur sends his employees home earlier at night because two of them were attacked on the subway in recent months.'
No proof these attacks were racist. It's New York. Crimes happen on the subway all the time. Who causes them? Not usually 'racists'.
Another Asian business owner "heard" that someone threw firecrackers into another Asian business. I've experienced firecracker miscreants in the hipster/gentrifying areas where I've lived. Hardly an indicator of anything.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/10/rise-in ... wners.html

https://abc7ny.com/asian-attack-assault ... /10385810/
"Unprovoked hate crime". Really? How do you know? Nothing was said by the attacker. Here is the attacker. Perhaps this fits in with the pattern of the attacks on Hasidic Jews in Brookyn, or perhaps not.
10386845_SUSPECT-ATTACK.jpg
10386845_SUSPECT-ATTACK.jpg (417.13 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
https://6abc.com/montgomery-county-pizz ... /10368617/
Teens stole beers. Asian owner *ran after them*, with a snow shovel, to "get the beers back". [She just wanted them to Do The Right Thing.] So they beat her. Nothing racist was said. Her son-in-law says he "hopes it wasn't racially motivated". But as far as the facts present, they wanted to steal beers. That's it. And here is the photo.
men_assault_chinese_pizza_shop_owner_video.jpg
men_assault_chinese_pizza_shop_owner_video.jpg (71.26 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
https://abc7ny.com/chinatown-stabbing-a ... /10379978/
I don't see any White Nationalists. Clearly reporting the attacker's name: Salman Muflihi. Nor was this formulated as a hate crime, even though the advocates tried to demand it. "I didn't like the way he looked at me" and "I don't care if he dies". Straight-up psychopathic New Yorker behavior, with no mention of race.
salman muflihi.jpeg
salman muflihi.jpeg (54.08 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
All searches for anti-Asian hate crimes in Texas surface with **one major incident** - a stabbing last year in Houston. Now this one was *definitely* a hate crime and the man was clearly charged as such. However, it still does not play well with the grievance narrative. Let's take a look at the suspect, Jose Gomez.
jose-gomez.jpg
jose-gomez.jpg (71.96 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
And before you accuse me of cherrypicking - I'm not. These are the articles that came up immediately when I did searches for attacks on Asians in various states. And then I just looked at the facts and the photos. That's it.

Please prove that the **vast majority** of these attacks are actual racism, or hate crimes, as opposed to just random violence or criminal motivation, both of which happen all the time. (I've been the victim of about a dozen such incidents in my life)

And then on top of that, prove that "White Nationalists" are doing the vast majority of these attacks, thus confirming your Trumpist-incitement theory. "Cause and effect"? If it is, it's rather indirect. Even where racism exists, *anyone* can be racist (which is not something that intersectionalists believe).

AAPI is about "lumping". That's what intersectionalism does - it lumps people together in huge categories. I'm wondering how Samoans and Hawaiians feel when they look at such an acronym and wonder why they are even dragged into this mess. Probably the way many feel about terms like "BIPOC", "BAME" and "Latinx".

Thanks for a solid engagement, Bert. Keep going if you like.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
3 years ago
Not taking no for an answer.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
I looked up a bunch of articles,

Here's a good commentary on this whole Asian assault issue and the crazy blaming of whites and Asians even blaming themselves. By refusing to look at the real demographic causing these issues, no one is helped. The video also has links to supporting news stories for the video. And again this is occurring in the wokest place in America.

How can there be a discussion about racism when, if it occurs, either the wrong parties are blamed or no one wants to see it as a racial attack. We have a group of people still stuck in 1990 on constant rebel mode thinking everything is about them and their christian parents.

The message appears to be:
Don't group blame groups A, B, C now lets get back to blaming group D for everything.
Last edited by Mr. X 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bert

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks for a solid engagement, Bert. Keep going if you like.
The fact that you enjoy this discussion is pretty fucking weird.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
ksire_99 wrote:
3 years ago
how many book burning over history are still celebrated?
This event *supposedly* happened in California last Saturday, but the Internet can't confirm whether it was real or if the posting
was just a joke. Hopefully a joke.

Another article I saw about Dr Seuss mentions how Babar the Elephant, Curious George, and Little House on the Prairie have all been criticized and removed in either major or more minor ways.

seuss book burning.jpg
Gonna be honest here... Book burnings as they are practiced in America today... don't bother me that much. Now, if thing's were all 451 and huge swaths of books were being burned in effort to make them like, you know, extinct. That's a problem. A group of localized individuals burning a single pile of books one evening isn't a concern. Harry Potter books got burned as satanic material all the time without ever impacting the average persons ability to acquire the book. So burning a specific book, presumably your own copy, as a form of localized protest even in a group, is perfectly fine. You know they destroy movies over there on 'Best of the Worst' on youtube all the time, which is essentially exactly the same thing as 'book burning' just for the purposes of film. These burnings are more like an expression of contempt for the material than they are a campaign to erase the book from the face of the earth... I destroyed my copy of Mass Effect 3 when I finished the game a decade ago, then sold my copies of 1 and 2... a fact I've come to regret as I had to later repurchase ME2. The act of destroying the game wasn't anything more than an expression of frustration and disgust.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I think the thing that bothers me the most about book burnings is that for me it harkens back to a time and place in Nazi Germany when they did that sort of thing, burned books that ran counter to their narrow, stupid and racist world view. Stories of organized large scale book burnings give me a chill to my bone. Now I am going to be 50 this next month, so I don't expect everybody has seen all of the films I have seen, but does anybody remember the original film Footloose that came out in 1984? The film about an influential preacher who succeeded in getting popular music from that era banned from his town because of the cultural deviancy he believed came along with popular music. There was a scene about 2/3 the way through the film where adults in the town started burning classical books outside the library and the preacher, played by John Lithgow had a great little scene in there, stopped the book burning, the character was mortified, had an epiphany about what his moral pulpit had degenerated into the burning of books and ideas. As Lithgow asked one of his book burning parishioners "what are you going to do when you finish burning books"? It's a slippery slope indeed.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
I think the thing that bothers me the most about book burnings is that for me it harkens back to a time and place in Nazi Germany when they did that sort of thing, burned books that ran counter to their narrow, stupid and racist world view. Stories of organized large scale book burnings give me a chill to my bone. Now I am going to be 50 this next month, so I don't expect everybody has seen all of the films I have seen, but does anybody remember the original film Footloose that came out in 1984? The film about an influential preacher who succeeded in getting popular music from that era banned from his town because of the cultural deviancy he believed came along with popular music. There was a scene about 2/3 the way through the film where adults in the town started burning classical books outside the library and the preacher, played by John Lithgow had a great little scene in there, stopped the book burning, the character was mortified, had an epiphany about what his moral pulpit had degenerated into the burning of books and ideas. As Lithgow asked one of his book burning parishioners "what are you going to do when you finish burning books"? It's a slippery slope indeed.
Well that's sorta what I meant by It's different if they are 451'ing it (Fahrenheit 451, a book about a future where books are outlawed and all that are found are burned) There's a difference between burning a book in protest, and burning books to limit knowledge. Burning books in protest is by and large, burning something you own, which you can do anything you want with, but you choose to destroy to put out the message that it makes you sick. Burning books to limit knowledge is something that you do if you want a controlled populace. The kind of book burnings we see in America (I can't speak for other countries... though I wouldn't be shocked to find most burnings even globally generally fall into this category nowadays) today pretty much all fall into the former category because, particularly in a capitalist society, the idea that we can have any impact whatsoever on another human beings ability to acquire a book if they want it is ludicrous to the average persons.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It's rather simple to me. If a book makes you sick, then don't buy the damn thing. Otherwise, it's all book burning for content that is disagreeable to a particular person. Whenever I go to my local Barnes & Noble, there are a lot of titles that make me sick, make me shake my head in disgust and wonderment that there are folks that actually buy this stuff, but like a normal, well adjusted person, I just move along until I find a book I like. I choose to not give those books whose content I disagree with, dislike, or otherwise offended by the power over me to actively try and cancel them. No matter what motives or excuses those cancel culture keyboard heroes try to articulate their displeasure with these books, they are all full of the Fahrenheit 451 disease. As a conservative, I think it should be up to the free market and the individual to decide whether these books are culturally out of date or context, not these cancel culture cultists who have this illusory power who have a tiny but vocal constituency.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
It's rather simple to me. If a book makes you sick, then don't buy the damn thing. Otherwise, it's all book burning for content that is disagreeable to a particular person. Whenever I go to my local Barnes & Noble, there are a lot of titles that make me sick, make me shake my head in disgust and wonderment that there are folks that actually buy this stuff, but like a normal, well adjusted person, I just move along until I find a book I like. I choose to not give those books whose content I disagree with, dislike, or otherwise offended by the power over me to actively try and cancel them. No matter what motives or excuses those cancel culture keyboard heroes try to articulate their displeasure with these books, they are all full of the Fahrenheit 451 disease. As a conservative, I think it should be up to the free market and the individual to decide whether these books are culturally out of date or context, not these cancel culture cultists who have this illusory power who have a tiny but vocal constituency.
So the publisher shouldn’t have the right to say”Wow, after 70 years this character really looks unacceptable”? That editorial commentator in the Wall St. Journal (NYT, WaPo) was right we should promoting this book/cartoon/product? Why do you think it is “cultist” groups that are doing it? The executives of a company can’t look at sales data and say “we need to freshen up the brand” or may get rid of the logo that was associated with depicting blacks as a servant/slave class?

Which would be better, an author other than Ted Geisel altering the racist caricatures in if I ran the zoo or simply keeping the work as the author created it and say “we don’t want to publish it anymore”?

There are groups that police products and programming that criticize companies, but they have existed forever and come from both the right and the left. Britney Spears wore a purity ring in her career because groups were complaining she was overtly sexual. The Moral Majority would try to boycott the advertisers on every show that depicted gay characters or nontraditional families. Aren’t they part of the same cancel culture? An episode of “Arthur”, was not shown in Alabama because it featured a gay couple. Did that outrage you? Was that episode going to turn the good children of the south gay?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
shevek wrote:
3 years ago
ksire_99 wrote:
3 years ago
how many book burning over history are still celebrated?
This event *supposedly* happened in California last Saturday, but the Internet can't confirm whether it was real or if the posting
was just a joke. Hopefully a joke.

Another article I saw about Dr Seuss mentions how Babar the Elephant, Curious George, and Little House on the Prairie have all been criticized and removed in either major or more minor ways.

seuss book burning.jpg
Gonna be honest here... Book burnings as they are practiced in America today... don't bother me that much. Now, if thing's were all 451 and huge swaths of books were being burned in effort to make them like, you know, extinct. That's a problem. A group of localized individuals burning a single pile of books one evening isn't a concern. Harry Potter books got burned as satanic material all the time without ever impacting the average persons ability to acquire the book. So burning a specific book, presumably your own copy, as a form of localized protest even in a group, is perfectly fine. You know they destroy movies over there on 'Best of the Worst' on youtube all the time, which is essentially exactly the same thing as 'book burning' just for the purposes of film. These burnings are more like an expression of contempt for the material than they are a campaign to erase the book from the face of the earth... I destroyed my copy of Mass Effect 3 when I finished the game a decade ago, then sold my copies of 1 and 2... a fact I've come to regret as I had to later repurchase ME2. The act of destroying the game wasn't anything more than an expression of frustration and disgust.
I think everyone is ignoring where this could go. Lets say someone decides all porn is demeaning to women and they shut down this site and bar all the producers from producing product.
Or they follow Wikiepdia's policy of banning Jews from publishing
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

sneakly wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
So the publisher shouldn’t have the right to say”Wow, after 70 years this character really looks unacceptable”? That editorial commentator in the Wall St. Journal (NYT, WaPo) was right we should promoting this book/cartoon/product? Why do you think it is “cultist” groups that are doing it? The executives of a company can’t look at sales data and say “we need to freshen up the brand” or may get rid of the logo that was associated with depicting blacks as a servant/slave class?

Which would be better, an author other than Ted Geisel altering the racist caricatures in if I ran the zoo or simply keeping the work as the author created it and say “we don’t want to publish it anymore”?

There are groups that police products and programming that criticize companies, but they have existed forever and come from both the right and the left. Britney Spears wore a purity ring in her career because groups were complaining she was overtly sexual. The Moral Majority would try to boycott the advertisers on every show that depicted gay characters or nontraditional families. Aren’t they part of the same cancel culture? An episode of “Arthur”, was not shown in Alabama because it featured a gay couple. Did that outrage you? Was that episode going to turn the good children of the south gay?
By American political standards, I am a moderate conservative, socially moderate, but fiscally conservative, which is my long winded way of saying I am a pro gay marriage, pro LGBTQ rights conservative, so, yes, that crap bothered me immensely, particularly in the late 80's-90's when that intolerant Christian coalition, religious right faction had a stranglehold on the GOP. I put those 90's intolerant "family values" conservatives and these cancel culture cretons in the same basket full of deplorables. I am thankful that those 90's religious right folks did not have the all powerful social media of today to spread their hate and intolerance like these cancel culture fanatics.

Let's bring that argument back home, shall we? What would you say if SHIP fiction became the next Russian roulette cancel culture victim and a group of woke feminists decided that the brilliant Don Ship or other talented writers who sell their stuff on Amazon or SmashWords ought to be cancelled, their great work wiped off of those platforms and those talented writers denied their ability to collect income off of their creative endeavors. Is SHIP fiction really that far a leap from the type of content that is being cancelled right now? Would our community's prurient interest in seeing superheroines defeated and humiliated in all manner of ways survive the scrutiny of a cancel culture campaign? Let us all hope and pray that day never comes and the SHIP number does not come up on that roulette wheel.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
This ignores the prospect of the ability for a person to BECOME disgusted with a book they already own. I doubt many of these people were rushing out to fund Dr. Seuss further by PURCHASING more of the books to burn them. I LOVED the Mass Effect series, it was my favorite game series of all time, then they ruined it inside of fifteen minutes, the FINAL 15 minutes, and I'd enjoyed ME3 up to that point as well. After those 15 minutes I was so angry, that I didn't want any of my copies of Mass Effect any longer, I BECAME disgusted with it.
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
I think everyone is ignoring where this could go. Lets say someone decides all porn is demeaning to women and they shut down this site and bar all the producers from producing product.
Or they follow Wikiepdia's policy of banning Jews from publishing
That's not the same thing. Burning books in protest because a thing upsets you is not the same thing as a porn site being shut down for being demeaning to women. Burning books NAZI STYLE is not the same thing as a porn site being shut down for being demeaning to women. There currently exists no laws or requirements in America that COULD shut down a porn site for being demeaning to women. Cancel Culture is not legally enforced (I brought it back around somebody give me a god damn medal!), the final say in cancel culture over whether or not a porn site that is demeaning to women is shut down, or not, is entirely in the hands of the people that run the porn site and their willingness, or lack thereof, or tolerance for burdening themselves under social pressures.

Freedom of Speech is NOT freedom of consequence and never has been. There is no protections in America, or anywhere else so far as I know, that protect you from the way your own actions are perceived by another individual or group of individuals. It's legal to call an asshole an asshole no matter how diligently within the boundaries of the law the asshole behaves. The asshole is free from being persecuted and imprisoned by the government for their speech, no such protection has ever existed to prevent the asshole from making an ass of himself in front of the whole world, and there probably never will be.

Nothing at all can be done about the individuals response to social pressures unless you want to take their freedom away and FORCE them to maintain their porn site in the face of social backlash, which is an equal sum with forcing them to shut down their porn site in the face of social backlash. This is why the government stays out of these things by and large, and lets society work it out on their own. That isn't saying eventually the government couldn't be compelled to step forward and put down some regulations but that's still not really the same thing as burning books to keep the population stupid, one porn site being shut down cause it was judged to be to demeaning to women doesn't mean ALL porn is being shut down, it also wouldn't stop SHiP porn from being on the internet either, it would simply mean you needed to KNOW which specific things were prohibited (meaning you'd be encouraged to understand them so as to know what not to do)

There's certainly no perfect solutions here, I'm just trying to put into scope, that book burnings as they happen today, represent NO threat to our ability to acquire EVEN THE BOOKS that are being burned, much less 'knowledge in general'. That said... you don't have to LIKE it either! I myself find the practice of book burning distasteful, very probably much of the human race does because we have some historical context of the practice that rubs us wrong. Note that, destroying a movie, video game, graphic novel, etc. holds essentially NO concern whatsoever to human beings despite essentially acting as the EXACY SAME practice and the only differential is that there's never historically been any mass burnings of those things. Books are simply a 'sore spot' for us in this way.

Edit: One last addendum. The fear of book burnings stems from a fear that America is pushing for a more totalitarian form of government and largely ignores the reality that we are an enormously capitalist minded country (America is... sorry to keep pointing that out but I AM American, and am therefore ignorant of the modes of operation elsewhere) and banning ANYTHING outright is largely against the capitalist mindset where the prevailing modus operandi is going to be 'If I can sell it, I want it available for sale!' so book burnings in a capitolist society are especially toothless for purposes of outright extinction of a concept, which is why book burnings in America are basically a group of people expressing their disgust with a thing, and loudly enough that they perhaps hope their disgust with it will be heard and considered on a larger demographic.
Last edited by Femina 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
sneakly wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago

By American political standards, I am a moderate conservative, socially moderate, but fiscally conservative, which is my long winded way of saying I am a pro gay marriage, pro LGBTQ rights conservative, so, yes, that crap bothered me immensely, particularly in the late 80's-90's when that intolerant Christian coalition, religious right faction had a stranglehold on the GOP. I put those 90's intolerant "family values" conservatives and these cancel culture cretons in the same basket full of deplorables. I am thankful that those 90's religious right folks did not have the all powerful social media of today to spread their hate and intolerance like these cancel culture fanatics.

Let's bring that argument back home, shall we? What would you say if SHIP fiction became the next Russian roulette cancel culture victim and a group of woke feminists decided that the brilliant Don Ship or other talented writers who sell their stuff on Amazon or SmashWords ought to be cancelled, their great work wiped off of those platforms and those talented writers denied their ability to collect income off of their creative endeavors. Is SHIP fiction really that far a leap from the type of content that is being cancelled right now? Would our community's prurient interest in seeing superheroines defeated and humiliated in all manner of ways survive the scrutiny of a cancel culture campaign? Let us all hope and pray that day never comes and the SHIP number does not come up on that roulette wheel.
This is turning a blind eye to recent history. I had a BDSM blog back on yahoo. Yahoo canceled quite a bit of that and they had terms of service that targeted porn. Who remembers and who cares? C4SALE has things you are not allowed to include so does FB. Even Parlor has stuff they won’t let you post. People have been trying to cancel porn on the internet forever. Sadly, getting super racist information or kiddy porn on the internet is still super easy for those that are interested. The Anarchist Cookbook is still out there. Cancel culture won’t get rid of the most determined racist postings or the most brutally misogynistic porn. I didn’t seek out a new publishing location because I was kind of done with it after a few years anyway, not because it was impossible. YouTube doesn’t want to have their servers clogged up with porn so they have terms of service and bots and people that look for offensive content all the time.

In the last 30 years no one has been able to “cancel” porn or racism on the internet. Individual platforms have set limits for what they are willing to accept, whether it is Netflix, C4SALE, Pornhub or FB. But shutting down Speedy Gonzalez, Aunt Jemima or Gina what’s her face isn’t the end of society. Gina is off to work for Ben Shapiro, who likes her politics. He probably won’t make money, but no one is going throw him in prison for trying.

Irving Claw was forced to destroy all of his negatives in the 1950s. That didn’t work even back then. You can see hundreds of his pictures and stag films with a click a button.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
3 years ago
This is turning a blind eye to recent history. I had a BDSM blog back on yahoo. Yahoo canceled quite a bit of that and they had terms of service that targeted porn. Who remembers and who cares? C4SALE has things you are not allowed to include so does FB. Even Parlor has stuff they won’t let you post. People have been trying to cancel porn on the internet forever. Sadly, getting super racist information or kiddy porn on the internet is still super easy for those that are interested. The Anarchist Cookbook is still out there. Cancel culture won’t get rid of the most determined racist postings or the most brutally misogynistic porn. I didn’t seek out a new publishing location because I was kind of done with it after a few years anyway, not because it was impossible. YouTube doesn’t want to have their servers clogged up with porn so they have terms of service and bots and people that look for offensive content all the time.
EXACTLY! Yahoo is a privately owned company, so they have the RIGHT to decide what is or isn't allowed utilizing their software's and servers. I get the frustration, but private companies prohibiting things on their servers isn't the 'slippery slope' argument people think it is. Forcing Yahoo to maintain things that bump with their terms of service would be a better example of the 'slippery slope' because it'd mean the government had been forced to involve itself.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
sneakly wrote:
3 years ago
EXACTLY! Yahoo is a privately owned company, so they have the RIGHT to decide what is or isn't allowed utilizing their software's and servers. I get the frustration, but private companies prohibiting things on their servers isn't the 'slippery slope' argument people think it is. Forcing Yahoo to maintain things that bump with their terms of service would be a better example of the 'slippery slope' because it'd mean the government had been forced to involve itself.

The point is not about forcing a company. I am in agreement that its a private company and they can do as they like. Its about THE PRINCIPLE of INCLUSION that the left promotes constantly that they then toss out. If Yahoo intentionally blocked Huff Po, Salon, etc based on ideological views I think there would be some complaints about fairness.

I'm sorry but a group like the left cannot constantly scream about fairness and inclusion and then when it suits them they block whomever they wish and then play the libertarian. That says the left doesn't have principles it has convenient specially pleaded excuses.

I am NOT in favor of the government regulating ANY of this. But I am also done listening to the left on fairness arguments when they then toss out fairness when it suits them. Its the PRINCIPLE. Just like when the left was black listed and banned and cancelled in the McCarthy era.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
The point is not about forcing a company. I am in agreement that its a private company and they can do as they like. Its about THE PRINCIPLE of INCLUSION that the left promotes constantly that they then toss out. If Yahoo intentionally blocked Huff Po, Salon, etc based on ideological views I think there would be some complaints about fairness.

I'm sorry but a group like the left cannot constantly scream about fairness and inclusion and then when it suits them they block whomever they wish and then play the libertarian. That says the left doesn't have principles it has convenient specially pleaded excuses.

I am NOT in favor of the government regulating ANY of this. But I am also done listening to the left on fairness arguments when they then toss out fairness when it suits them. Its the PRINCIPLE. Just like when the left was black listed and banned and cancelled in the McCarthy era.
I mean... I'd agree for the most part? (you know outside of the usual 'government is just bad because and individualism is just good because!' nonsense) But this topic is about Cancel Culture in general which is the majority of my focus in offering my insights and arguments and am attempting not to diverge TOO far outside the boundaries of that without trying to then circle back in, so if it ever seems like I'm just ignoring something you said 'just because' do take this to mean I probably felt I couldn't approach it without diverging TOO FAR outside the topic range to feel comfortable with my input. That being said *sigh* here we go.

I'm NOT for 'equality for minorities/marginalization in of whites' that is typically reamed at the left as an argument, I'm for Equality IN GENERAL, which simply happens to often necessitate some things get evened out... and since the majority of things in America systemically belong to 'te white man!' means that the majority of equality based policies and action are going to currently favor minorities over whites... this is unfortunately MORE NECESSARY in the SOCIAL sphere even than it is the governmental sphere. The law itself certainly doesn't do the social sphere any favors in execution but it at least runs under the pretense of pure equality. Our social lives are actually the space where systemic racism scars run the deepest. For example, I am pretty much equally as annoyed when a traditionally white character (lacking forms of supernatural or innate quirks with the specifics of the character in question that make it logically plausible) is revamped black as I am when M Knight.... Shimshamalamalon (too lazy to look up his name) totally white washes 'Avatar the Last Airbender' I AGREE that we change established characters too much... but the alternative oft championed solution 'just make more new black characters' (for example) is JUST as attacked 'by the right wing twittersphere' in the comments sections for being woke agenda pushed garbage as when a character is replaced. No one's happy with anything. Everyone complains about everything. This cognate dissonance leads to the outsider looking at the situation and deciding that what the complainers REALLY want, is just no black characters in their comic books... and in at least some cases, their probably right... EVEN if the person complaining doesn't realize that's why they are actually complaining. Certainly, many complaints will be valid 'the story is bad cause too much of it is about politicial agenda and not enough is about who these characters actually are' etc. etc. etc. but the dissonance is still there NEW black characters are still getting panned and hissed at, leading creators of new black characters toward confusion of how to tackle the situation. I may agree that the attempts at solution thus far have been poor but I will stress that 'Just leave everything as it has been systemically, black kids don't need comic books anyway' or any such variations of 'just leave it alone' is NOT acceptable. It's not the consumers place to decide whom a product can and cannot be made for. Every consumer has the right to want product that caters to them in every sphere, and every producer, should they be wise enough, can and should attempt to cater to as many consumers as they can hope to reach.

CANCEL CULTURE (I'm doing it! Look I'm doing it!) is something of a response to this by CONSUMERS. Some consumers want everything aimed directly and systemically at them and just them. So when something occurs that is the result of the desires of other consumers that maybe impacts the thing they want to consume, they grow upset and begin to display their cognate dissonance, by arguing for individual freedoms to be stripped from producers to better cater to their views and not that other consumer!

*gasp, wheeze* almost thought I wouldn't be able to tie it back into the discussion!

There are no flawless solutions so I understand the frustration, but we live in a country where our ancestors left us a plate of shit to clean up cause they got too lazy to finish restorations themselves, its not fair, but it's the reality we live in. We can clean it up, live in it, or keep shitting on the plate. My natural inclination is simply to try to clean the plate.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago

As I pointed out earlier, McCarthyism was enacted by right wing elements within government. We can look up the names of those who were responsible. You repeatedly compare this to a homogeneous "the left" that is somehow collectively responsible for Cancel Culture. You're comparing very obvious government persecution to private businesses discontinuing or altering products entirely voluntarily with no government intervention whatsoever.

So, what do you seriously want/expect to happen? As you clearly believe that pressure for cancelling comes from a tiny group, what exactly are you expecting "the left" in the broad sense to do about it?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

One of the Supreme Court nominees in the past few years, it may have been Gorsuch, said that historically speaking, the world has not always been a nice place, and I certainly think that is true, but in my view, if cleaning the plate means stifling or inhibiting speech or ideas that some folks might find objectionable or offensive, than that is a road gone down too far, throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath water. Life for minorities and LGBTQ folks is far better for them today than it was 50 years ago and I hope we make as much progress in the next 50 years or so. That progress predates social media and the cancel culture zealots. I think if you want to effect change, you do so by appealing to decent folks hearts and minds, not by creating a toxic environment where some folks resort to cyber bullying, harassment, trying to get folks fired, putting a verbal gun to these folks heads and demanding they bend a knee and bow down to the cancel culture kooks. Somehow, I don't think those type of actions make the world a better place.
Last edited by bushwackerbob 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago

As I pointed out earlier, McCarthyism was enacted by right wing elements within government. We can look up the names of those who were responsible. You repeatedly compare this to a homogeneous "the left" that is somehow collectively responsible for Cancel Culture. You're comparing very obvious government persecution to private businesses discontinuing or altering products entirely voluntarily with no government intervention whatsoever.

So, what do you seriously want/expect to happen? As you clearly believe that pressure for cancelling comes from a tiny group, what exactly are you expecting "the left" in the broad sense to do about it?
I expect them to follow the lead of people of Bill Maher who has come out against Cancel Culture. the people who support censorship of view are almost always bigoted.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
One of the Supreme Court nominees in the past few years, it may have been Gorsuch, said that historically speaking, the world has not always been a nice place, and I certainly think that is true, but in my view, if cleaning the plate means stifling or inhibiting speech or ideas that some folks might find objectionable or offensive. Life for minorities and LGBTQ folks is far better for them today than it was 50 years ago and I hope we make as much progress in the next 50 years or so. That progress predates social media and the cancel culture zealots. I think if you want to effect change, you do so by appealing to decent folks hearts and minds, not by creating a toxic environment where some folks resort to cyber bullying, harassment, trying to get folks fired, putting a verbal gun to these folks heads and demanding they bend a knee and bow down to the cancel culture kooks. Somehow, I don't think those type of actions make the world a better place.
Sure? And I wouldn't argue that life isn't better today for most minorities in America than it was fifty years ago? That doesn't mean we get to go 'well, that's good enough.' That progress didn't come from minorities chilling out, it came by enormous groups of people fighting tooth and claw for every inch they could scrape. The idea that it will just 'get better on its own' isn't accurate. It might after a certain tipping point. It may come to a point where kids growing up in interracial schools alone is enough to keep pushing the needle, but nobody knows where the hell that tipping point is, and just sitting down and whistling after deciding 'good enough' is what we did at the end of the Restoration and that lead to horrific remissions.

As for toxic environments and cyber bullying... the internet exists. You'd need... the government, to legislate the internet to STOP it. Relying on human beings to just be nice to each other is the reason we're in this mess to begin with.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
One of the Supreme Court nominees in the past few years, it may have been Gorsuch, said that historically speaking, the world has not always been a nice place, and I certainly think that is true, but in my view, if cleaning the plate means stifling or inhibiting speech or ideas that some folks might find objectionable or offensive. Life for minorities and LGBTQ folks is far better for them today than it was 50 years ago and I hope we make as much progress in the next 50 years or so. That progress predates social media and the cancel culture zealots. I think if you want to effect change, you do so by appealing to decent folks hearts and minds, not by creating a toxic environment where some folks resort to cyber bullying, harassment, trying to get folks fired, putting a verbal gun to these folks heads and demanding they bend a knee and bow down to the cancel culture kooks. Somehow, I don't think those type of actions make the world a better place.
Sure? And I wouldn't argue that life isn't better today for most minorities in America than it was fifty years ago? That doesn't mean we get to go 'well, that's good enough.' That progress didn't come from minorities chilling out, it came by enormous groups of people fighting tooth and claw for every inch they could scrape. The idea that it will just 'get better on its own' isn't accurate. It might after a certain tipping point. It may come to a point where kids growing up in interracial schools alone is enough to keep pushing the needle, but nobody knows where the hell that tipping point is, and just sitting down and whistling after deciding 'good enough' is what we did at the end of the Restoration and that lead to horrific remissions.

As for toxic environments and cyber bullying... the internet exists. You'd need... the government, to legislate the internet to STOP it. Relying on human beings to just be nice to each other is the reason we're in this mess to begin with.
I agree that life will not get better for minorities on its own, that there is not more work to do, there sure is, but I do not see the often punishing, vitriolic, abusive, bullying behavior that we often see connected with cancel culture as a vehicle in order to make things better. I actually think it makes things worse in some cases. You change things through hearts and minds, not hashtags and 280 characters. It has been my life experience that the government sucks at problem solving, they can barely get the mail out and accomplish seemingly menial tasks at times and I have no faith they could correctly identify the problem, let alone offer any practical solutions to those problems. Ultimately, I have more faith in individuals rather than institutions to remedy the wrongs and injustices in this country. Hearts and minds.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
3 years ago

No you're special pleading. The vast amount of censorship in those days was due to right wing influences pressuring Hollywood and others to black list. Government intervention was only part of it. Hollywood censored on its own due to social pressures - anti communist views - anti LGBT. The church and community also had a huge influence. LGBT were closeted from social pressure far more than sodomy laws. In fact McCarthyism is merely a reflection of the will of the people at the time. Are you arguing the general populace of that time were not very conservative, anti-lgbt, anti-communism or anti-alternative views?

You're argument is inaccurate. McCarthyism and the censorship were not JUST government actions.

As you clearly believe that pressure for cancelling comes from a tiny group, what exactly are you expecting "the left" in the broad sense to do about it?
Play by the same set of rules. If the left does not want to be cancelled and wants inclusion then accept that for others. If the left accepts companies can pick and choose who they do business with then accept it when those companies censor entities on the left.

Also framing - It is dishonest to frame one side as a group of protected minorities that get a different set of rules and frame the other side as "hate speech" or "political views". A company has the right to ban BLM speech and activity JUST AS MUCH as banning any right wing views. Altruism or framing things in race or gender terms is not applicable.

Simply put - Play by the same set of rules or don't complain. (and I say this for all sides).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Sure? And I wouldn't argue that life isn't better today for most minorities in America than it was fifty years ago? That doesn't mean we get to go 'well, that's good enough.'
First off according to BLM things are NOT better. When we hear statements like America is a racist nation and its systemically racist and just as bad as it was in 1950, that' saying 30+ years of progressivism and white progressive activism has accomplished nothing.

Sure more can be done but one has to recognize the difference between systemic racism and edge cases and don't crank the crisis knob to 11 for every edge (Floyd or Taylor for example).

Steve Pinker is a huge liberal and he shows plenty of statistical information that America is at the lowest level of racism its every had in history. In fact America is one of the least racist and MOST diverse nations in the western world and by far more diverse than Asian nations.

People like me are NOT your opponent. The people you should be arguing with are the people screaming American is a racist nation and systemically racist and turning every edge case into a 4 alarm fire. The riots, fires, looting, beatings.... all that is unnecessary and should be condemned BY the left. Because, if not, you're admitting no progressive accomplished ANYTHING with 30 years of progressivism in schools, politics, gov programs, education, entertainment etc. It spits in the face of everything white liberals have ever done.

Simply put, American is NOT a racist nation. Racism is in edge cases. There is no secret racism. There is no unconscious racism. Humans are tribal by nature. America is a golden castle in the sky of progressive accomplishment and it should be protected by progressives, not spat and shat on. Its a testament that a society of tribes can work in a common market place. Compare that to countries like China with low diversity or S. Korea or Denmark or Norway. All monolithic countries.

What was the point of 30 years of progressivism and whites literally being "race traitors" if NOTHING worked?

And note, if you tear down the protective shell of western culture around the meadow you frolic and larp in, the wolves WILL come in and feast upon your soft pink flesh.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
And note, if you tear down the protective shell of western culture around the meadow you frolic and larp in, the wolves WILL come in and feast upon your soft pink flesh.
Okay Dr. Edgelord, I'll just take your word on that.

'Fraid you and I are simply always going to disagree on what an edge case is. An edge case in one corner of the world isn't indicative of the situation country wide, and the situation in one country isn't indicative of the situation worldwide. It's great that race relations are apparently fantastic in your town, but I frankly still note indications of the effects of systemic racism all over, not the least the recent ability of a mob of white people to raid the capitol building when a BLM rally can't even be where they have a permit to stand without a former president maceing the shit out of them. It's there, whether you see it or not...

And none of it is gonna stop Pepe le Pew from being cancelled for being a sexist asshole?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Sure? And I wouldn't argue that life isn't better today for most minorities in America than it was fifty years ago? That doesn't mean we get to go 'well, that's good enough.'
First off according to BLM things are NOT better. When we hear statements like America is a racist nation and its systemically racist and just as bad as it was in 1950, that' saying 30+ years of progressivism and white progressive activism has accomplished nothing.

Sure more can be done but one has to recognize the difference between systemic racism and edge cases and don't crank the crisis knob to 11 for every edge (Floyd or Taylor for example).

Steve Pinker is a huge liberal and he shows plenty of statistical information that America is at the lowest level of racism its every had in history. In fact America is one of the least racist and MOST diverse nations in the western world and by far more diverse than Asian nations.

People like me are NOT your opponent. The people you should be arguing with are the people screaming American is a racist nation and systemically racist and turning every edge case into a 4 alarm fire. The riots, fires, looting, beatings.... all that is unnecessary and should be condemned BY the left. Because, if not, you're admitting no progressive accomplished ANYTHING with 30 years of progressivism in schools, politics, gov programs, education, entertainment etc. It spits in the face of everything white liberals have ever done.

Simply put, American is NOT a racist nation. Racism is in edge cases. There is no secret racism. There is no unconscious racism. Humans are tribal by nature. America is a golden castle in the sky of progressive accomplishment and it should be protected by progressives, not spat and shat on. Its a testament that a society of tribes can work in a common market place. Compare that to countries like China with low diversity or S. Korea or Denmark or Norway. All monolithic countries.

What was the point of 30 years of progressivism and whites literally being "race traitors" if NOTHING worked?

Is there racism in the U.S, yes but very little.

American has not been racist or had systemic racism for two generations, but there are people invested in perpetuating that lie
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Exactly what is happening right now in the U.S Armed Forces, which is quite LITERALLY the "protective shell of Western culture."
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Dazzle1 wrote "Is there racism in the U.S, yes but very little.

American has not been racist or had systemic racism for two generations, but there are people invested in perpetuating that lie."

That is about the whitest fucking thing I have ever heard.

I'm so glad to know that racism in America is a myth. I was trying to figure out what the bullshit that I've seen in the last five decades was all about, and thankfully someone WHITE floated down from Heaven and benignly pointed out to me that it was all in my imagination and I was always being treated fairly by whites based on the darker color of my skin here in America. Those thousands of individual incidents in everyday life that I've seen since the 1970's to me and my family and my friends were all imaginary. What a fucking relief someone white was able to clear up that misconception for me!
Last edited by Shakeshift 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago

American has not been racist or had systemic racism for two generations, but there are people invested in perpetuating that lie
Where you get that assertion? Spoken like a white male. You haven’t been pulled over and the cop was very pleasant. A police officer who was in charge of breaking in two new recruits kneeled on a man’s neck for nine minutes killing him and you see no problem. Ask any black person about shopping in a department store or how many times they were pulled over in their car. I am pretty sure their experience will differ significantly from yours. That you are not experiencing or seeing doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Imagine if fifty black people showed up at the Michigan state capital with body armor and long guns. How would Tucker Carlson have responded to that?

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago

Where you get that assertion? Spoken like a white male. You haven’t been pulled over and the cop was very pleasant. A police officer who was in charge of breaking in two new recruits kneeled on a man’s neck for nine minutes killing him and you see no problem. Ask any black person about shopping in a department store or how many times they were pulled over in their car. I am pretty sure their experience will differ significantly from yours. That you are not experiencing or seeing doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Imagine if fifty black people showed up at the Michigan state capital with body armor and long guns. How would Tucker Carlson have responded to that?

Nor have many African Americans despite the media lie. Just like the Meghan Markle lie, just like the michael Brown lie, just like the many lies of Al sharpton.

George Flyod was a crime but it almost never happens.

Too bad no one spends time on the 4 police killed by BLM in Dallas or the other killings in Chicago
Damselbinder

Dazzle can you please stop citing the Dallas thing as "killed by BLM". It was a mentally deranged lunatic who was KICKED OUT of a BLM-adjacent organisation for being crazy. I respond with this every time you bring it up, but you always just ignore it or say that wikipedia is cancelling judaism or something
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle can you please stop citing the Dallas thing as "killed by BLM". It was a mentally deranged lunatic who was KICKED OUT of a BLM-adjacent organisation for being crazy. I respond with this every time you bring it up, but you always just ignore it or say that wikipedia is cancelling judaism or something
You keep sayig it does not make it true. BLM encouraged the killing of police and when it happened they kicked him out
Damselbinder

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
You keep sayig it does not make it true. BLM encouraged the killing of police and when it happened they kicked him out
That's just a flat out untruth. He was kicked out long before the attack.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Everything Spazzel Dunn Beafool posts is untruth. Trump showed him his ahole and Spazzel stuck his head in and has lived there ever since.

He's also not a jew.

He does not have a job with pension so he thinks no one else should have one.

He's a white supremacist and racist thru and thru. He has loathsome and seething hatred for anyone with non white skin. Proof is in his posts.

He kisses the Hitler poster on his wall everyday.

His brain is made of :shit: , no brain activity, no neurons firing.

He marched with the Charlotte white supremacists, he marched on the capital on Jan 6, he gets his talking points from Tucker Carlsuck, Donald Lump, and Rudy Fooliani.

"You keep sayig it does not make it true" is what Spazzel says to himself when looking in the mirror during a micro-second of clarity. But it doesn't register. Brain b dead.

I'd have put this in the stories forum, but 98% of this is true!
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Damselbinder

theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Everything Spazzel Dunn Beafool posts is untruth. Trump showed him his ahole and Spazzel stuck his head in and has lived there ever since.

He's also not a jew.

He's a white supremacist and racist thru and thru. He has loathsome and seething hatred for anyone with non white skin. Proof is in his posts.

He marched with the Charlotte white supremacists, he marched on the capital on Jan 6, he gets his talking points from Tucker Carlsuck, Donald Lump, and Rudy Fooliani.

"You keep sayig it does not make it true" is what Spazzel says to himself when looking in the mirror during a micro-second of clarity. But it doesn't register. Brain b dead.

Scribbler. You cannot make such direct personal attacks on this forum. Tally's gonna be in here in a second saying the same thing, I guarantee it.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

*Curtains open over a stage on the set of a bar*

Man A: *to man B* Them Onions sure are brown!

Man B: *to man A* Actually the Onions are white.

Man A: *To man B* You crazy? Them onions are brown!

Man B: *To man A* Here let me show you via this handy color chart.

Man C: *To man B* Actually Man A is color blind, a nazi sympathizer, literally fucks his own ass and should die in a ditch!

Man A: *At man C* Oh you would say that you pampered tampon sucking bafoon!

Man B: *to both* You guys... the color chart?

Man A: *At man B* As you can see this onion is the same weight and density as Man C's BRAIN!

*Color chart vanishes from existence in accordance with its continued relevance. Man A never learns the Onion is white*

*Curtain closes*

And thus it is in the Forum of Insult!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

He's also not a jew.

Scribbler. You cannot make such direct personal attacks on this forum. Tally's gonna be in here in a second saying the same thing, I guarantee it.
Tis indirect.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
*Curtains open over a stage on the set of a bar*

Man A: *to man B* Them Onions sure are brown!

Man B: *to man A* Actually the Onions are white.

Man A: *To man B* You crazy? Them onions are brown!

Man B: *To man A* Here let me show you via this handy color chart.

Man C: *To man B* Actually Man A is color blind, a nazi sympathizer, literally fucks his own ass and should die in a ditch!

Man A: *At man C* Oh you would say that you pampered tampon sucking bafoon!

Man B: *to both* You guys... the color chart?

Man A: *At man B* As you can see this onion is the same weight and density as Man C's BRAIN!

*Color chart vanishes from existence in accordance with its continued relevance. Man A never learns the Onion is white*

*Curtain closes*

And thus it is in the Forum of Insult!
No actual provable facts make any difference to Spazzel Dunn Beafool, so insults don't make any difference either. No civil reasonable post would work, so why bother.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
3 years ago

This is just the bourgeoisie ridiculing and character assassinating the lower classes. Disagreement is part of that whole diversity thing. Diversity is not a box of multicolored crayons that all draw the same picture.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arlor.html

So this just happened. Suspect is a white guy. So things are not cut and dry. Supposedly another parlor incident occurred as well.
Bert

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... shootings/

But it didn't happen in Pittsburgh so it doesn't count. I'm still not clear on why, but it has something to do with intersectionality.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
3 years ago

But it didn't happen in Pittsburgh so it doesn't count. I'm still not clear on why, but it has something to do with intersectionality.
I'm not going to speak for Mr. X, but I must concede to Bert that I was very wrong. I apologize for pushing my point.

This is horrific. This person (who was caught) should receive the death penalty.

There's going to be a nationwide clampdown on anything that seems remotely right-wing.

Or critical of China, which will not only get a free pass for quite a while, but will also use this tragedy to demonstrate
to the world, and to its own citizens, how backwards and racist the United States is.

The hard left will use this opportunity to shift all Asians firmly into an oppressed class, and Asian-Americans in general will move further politically to the left.

And Bert, actually this sounds quite a bit like Pittsburgh. Remember Richard Baumhammers? (back in the year 2000)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Baumhammers

Again, I'm sorry, Bert. This is extremely sad that there are Americans who can do something like this. Pure evil.

I'm really shaken. I'm done with politics or posting in political threads. I won't take the bait, or bait others, for that matter.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
sneakly wrote:
3 years ago

This is just the bourgeoisie ridiculing and character assassinating the lower classes. Disagreement is part of that whole diversity thing. Diversity is not a box of multicolored crayons that all draw the same picture.
When you say “bourgeois ridiculing and character assassinating the lower classes”, I assume you are talking about Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson, who grew up so rich he had four names and thought bow ties were cool.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Bert wrote:
3 years ago

I'm not going to speak for Mr. X, but I must concede to Bert that I was very wrong. I apologize for pushing my point.

This is horrific. This person (who was caught) should receive the death penalty.

There's going to be a nationwide clampdown on anything that seems remotely right-wing.

Or critical of China, which will not only get a free pass for quite a while, but will also use this tragedy to demonstrate
to the world, and to its own citizens, how backwards and racist the United States is.

The hard left will use this opportunity to shift all Asians firmly into an oppressed class, and Asian-Americans in general will move further politically to the left.

And Bert, actually this sounds quite a bit like Pittsburgh. Remember Richard Baumhammers? (back in the year 2000)

Again, I'm sorry, Bert. This is extremely sad that there are Americans who can do something like this. Pure evil.

I'm really shaken. I'm done with politics or posting in political threads. I won't take the bait, or bait others, for that matter.
Why do you think there will be a clamp down. There was after the mass shooting of 26 first graders and teachers, or after 17 high school students. The right will characterize this as another isolated crazy person, insist that we need to enforce existing laws and more details come out they will say it has nothing to do with Trump, even after it becomes obvious that it does. Kind of surprised he wasn’t wearing aMAGA hat...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
3 years ago
shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Bert wrote:
3 years ago

Why do you think there will be a clamp down. There was after the mass shooting of 26 first graders and teachers, or after 17 high school students. The right will characterize this as another isolated crazy person, insist that we need to enforce existing laws and more details come out they will say it has nothing to do with Trump, even after it becomes obvious that it does. Kind of surprised he wasn’t wearing aMAGA hat...
Ok then what do you think should be done?
Last edited by Mr. X 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
sneakly wrote:
3 years ago

When you say “bourgeois ridiculing and character assassinating the lower classes”, I assume you are talking about Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson, who grew up so rich he had four names and thought bow ties were cool.
And John Oliver has 3 first names.... your point? You posted a piece that tears people down, not me. Maybe you need to question your desire to deface and ridicule a group of people. Why the anger? I didn't post this video.