SuperBowl Sunday!

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!

Who You Got??

Poll ended at 3 years ago

Brady and the Bucs
44%
Mahomes and the Chiefs
56%

Total votes: 9
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

05sb-brady-mahomes-cover-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v2.jpg
05sb-brady-mahomes-cover-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v2.jpg (372.45 KiB) Viewed 2011 times

Will Brady be the GOAT or will Mahomes ruin the party???
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

MightyHypnotic wrote: ↑
3 years ago
05sb-brady-mahomes-cover-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v2.jpg

Will Brady be the GOAT or will Mahomes ruin the party???
Until I see Mahomes with 6 or 7 SB rings, Brady will always be the GOAT, he has that locked up for now and maybe forever. In order for Mahomes to achieve Brady's rarefied level of greatness, the Chiefs will need to draft well in the late 20's early 30's year in year out, make shrewd free agency signings, manage the cap well, convince some players to play for less in order to win further SB's, have the cold heart to jettison players whose value has declined and screw sentimentality, and draft well enough to replace the stars that will inevitably leave for greener pastures, hope and pray that the ultra mobile Mahomes does not get a serious injury that will impact him long term. That's a lot of dominoes that have to fall in the right position in order for Mahomes to ever achieve GOAT status. One of the under the radar stories about the Bucs in the last 4-6 games or so is that their defense has really come on and improved remarkably, and if Brady can cut out the INT's and Brady has a really good game, the Bucs have a good shot at winning. My prediction is Bucs prevail in a nail biter, 34-31.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If only he played with a 'MaWatson' πŸ€”
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Watch it at home people, avoid big groups.
This one time can be the difference between watching it with one less buddy next year or getting the same motley crew back together for the next two decades

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote: ↑
3 years ago
This one time can be the difference between watching it with one less buddy next year or getting the same motley crew back together for the next two decades
No big party for me, I am just watching with my siblings, having to endure inanities like my sister in law who is not a football fan saying "ooh, that Tom Brady is such a hunk" or "that guy has a great butt".
Damselbinder

bushwackerbob wrote: ↑
3 years ago
3 years ago
No big party for me, I am just watching with my siblings, having to endure inanities like my sister in law who is not a football fan saying "ooh, that Tom Brady is such a hunk" or "that guy has a great butt".
I mean

he is
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Damselbinder wrote: ↑
3 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago
I mean

he is
Yeah but she's never seen me. :giggle:

Damselbinder

3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote: ↑
3 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago
I mean

he is
Yeah but she's never seen me. :giggle:
I don't see how that's germane.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

3 years ago
3 years ago
And let's not forget every woman's favorite football play on words: "That's a tight end if I've ever seen one!"
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
VictorBlack95

Mahomes has too many weapons and Andy Reid will likely out coach Bruce Arians. Would be dope af if Brady pulled it off though.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

VictorBlack95 wrote: ↑
3 years ago
Mahomes has too many weapons and Andy Reid will likely out coach Bruce Arians. Would be dope af if Brady pulled it off though.
I wonder if my rooting for Brady affects my prediction for the game, that my wanting him to win so badly colors my judgment in terms of predicting an outcome. We have some dumbass Boston sports media dopes in my neck of the woods who see this as some sort of contest between Brady and the head coach/GM of his former team up here with the Pats, Bill Bellichick, that if Brady wins, it reflects badly on Bellichick for letting him go and not resigning him, this stupid false sports media narrative of rooting either for Bill and the Pats or Tom Brady. Almost all Pats fans I know don't take the cheese and root for both the Pats and Tampa Bay Buc Tom Brady, that it's not an either or scenario. All this other nonsense is just clickbait. The other day when Brady had glowing words for his former coach Bellichick, one of these sportstalk radio goofs became unglued, enraged, this dude was pissed, angrily calling Brady a liar for having nice words to say for a coach he played 20 years for, (6 SB rings) how dare Brady not play into that false media narrative!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I admidt I am picking the Bucks partly as a Brady fan.

You have to admire how he worked to get to his position being a 6th round pick, not being the chosen one at Michigan etc.

This is the match up most of the fans wanted to see.

I do admire Mahomes and have since he came back two years ago in the AFC championship game.

Bonus if Bucks win, the meltdown Monday by all the talking heads who hate Brady and Boston(yes I know he is now in Tompa Bay) but part of the hate is against Boston
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

im going with brady, but only because kc is missing both their starting offensive tackles.
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest Simon & Garfunkel
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

dlo005 wrote: ↑
3 years ago
im going with brady, but only because kc is missing both their starting offensive tackles.
Your point about KC's missing offensive tackles is looking fairly prescient right now. Still a long way to go though, and those Chiefs can put an awful lot of points on the board in a hurry. Should be a great and competitive second half to come!
VictorBlack95

The chiefs will probably come back but after one half, I am immensely impressed with Tom Brady. Sheesh. 43 years old.

Still got the Chiefs coming back but I am pulling for the Bucs.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

VictorBlack95 wrote: ↑
3 years ago
The chiefs will probably come back but after one half, I am immensely impressed with Tom Brady. Sheesh. 43 years old.

Still got the Chiefs coming back but I am pulling for the Bucs.
I remember that AFC Championship game 3 years ago where the Pats had a good lead at the half and Mahomes looked awful. He and the Chiefs came roaring back in the second half and scored points like nobody's business and made it a neck and neck game in the second half before Brady and the Pats ultimately won the game in overtime. I fully expect Mahomes to come out like gangbusters in the second half, yes this game is far, far, from over. I still say this is going to be a 3 point game at the end.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

That was a very disappointing game. Chiefs offensive line played the worse I've ever seen in a playoff game. KC never came to play.

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrDominator9 wrote: ↑
3 years ago
That was a very disappointing game. Chiefs offensive line played the worse I've ever seen in a playoff game. KC never came to play.
Part of the game, so no excuse there.

But Mahomes had limited mobility in the second half.

In 2 hours I will be at the health club listening to the first of many excuses by the sport media on their predictions
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

let's see a show of hands, be honest, who else on super bowl sunday ended their party with a "bang"? alone, as a couple or a group?? by Bang you know what I mean!
Damselbinder

Yes my Sunday also ended with the discharge of firearms.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

One hugely underrated play of the game was that 3rd and 2 conversion by the Bucs, Brady to Gronk by at the end of the half with 44 seconds to go, and of course they end that drive with a TD, Brady to Antonio Brown. If they don't convert on that third down, the Bucs have to punt, the Chiefs get the ball back, and perhaps they score, or worst case, they go into the half only being down 14-6. That play was a real game changer in my view. Fun little factoid. In the overnight TV ratings, Boston was the second highest rated market watching the SuperBowl, only behind Kansas City, Boston with an incredible 57.6, Tampa was third at 52.3.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Can't believe they let Brady deflate balls again! He deflated the balls of every Kansas City player as well as their coach! Enraging the Weeknd cause now all the KC players can sing higher than he can!
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote: ↑
3 years ago
Can't believe they let Brady deflate balls again! He deflated the balls of every Kansas City player as well as their coach! Enraging the Weeknd cause now all the KC players can sing higher than he can!
Lol...met a Guy(and his wife) who deflated or should I say empty his ball(s) too...lol
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Wow, gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "taking a sack!"

VictorBlack95

batgirl1969 wrote: ↑
3 years ago
theScribbler wrote: ↑
3 years ago
Lol...met a Guy(and his wife) who deflated or should I say empty his ball(s) too...lol
This made me laugh and made me horny. There has to be a word for that. :lol:
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Laurny

Return to β€œMisc Topics, Links and Pics”