Death on the Nile pushed back to September 2021

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

The Gal Gadot remake of Death on the Nile is now scheduled to be released in September 2021, according to IMDB.

It had originally been scheduled to come out the same month as Wonder Woman 1984.

Not sure if they are trying to distance the movie from WW84, or if it is was just the next open slot.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The Agatha Christie book? Hm. I see. Kenneth Branaugh directing. Interesting. He's been doing a lot of Agatha Christie lately, it seems.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Wasn't that taken with Orient Express.
Maybe because I knew the plot from the Finney version. Brannaghs Poirot was better but I just felt the ensemble cast wasn't as strong as the earlier version

Theres not going to be a lot of Gal in Nile as these ensemble characters are all cardboard and the scenes just rattle off one into another
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I enjoyed Brannagh's Murder on the Orient Express, thought it was good, but of course I have not seen the original. I want to see Death on the Nile safely in a theatre so I am happy that they are pushing the film back. I have not been to theatre since the pandemic started and there are a few open in my area but the movie theatre, even with reduced capacity, sure seems like a prime candidate to be a super spreader for this virus, so I am staying away from those places until we get back to a version of normalcy.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
I enjoyed Brannagh's Murder on the Orient Express, thought it was good, but of course I have not seen the original. I want to see Death on the Nile safely in a theatre so I am happy that they are pushing the film back. I have not been to theatre since the pandemic started and there are a few open in my area but the movie theatre, even with reduced capacity, sure seems like a prime candidate to be a super spreader for this virus, so I am staying away from those places until we get back to a version of normalcy.
See the original, it is much better.

It was one of the few movie versions of her stories Agatha Christie approved of
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Theres not going to be a lot of Gal in Nile as these ensemble characters are all cardboard and the scenes just rattle off one into another
Serious spoiler for the storyline, you have been warned:
Spoiler
Gal plays the murder victim. She won't be in the movie for long, but I am hoping quality triumphs over quantity.