Some Melissa Benoist-SG wholesomeness

Superheroine Clips & Pictures Here! No copyright infringement, please.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Ahh from the good old days when Supergirl actually looked like a woman.
There's another great pic from that day where they are all pretending to fly.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Ahh from the good old days when Supergirl actually looked like a woman.
There's another great pic from that day where they are all pretending to fly.
Oh come now, I agree her old outfit looked better, but she hardly 'stopped looking like a woman'. Look, man, you know, man, I was just , like, trying to post something nice, man. :sad:
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Blokes haircut - check
Blokes bodysuit - check
Stopped watching it halfway thru series 2 - check

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Damselbinder

Blokish? Really? If you say so.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Blokes Haircut? UNCHECK. I don't know any 'blokes' what wear their hair and bangs like that.
Blokes BODYSUIT!......... Since when are bodysuits not sexy? Everybody loves Black Widow.

......... I stopped watching it midway through Season 1... but for the same reason I usually stop watching the CW superhero shows.......

you know cause....

They're dumb.
Damselbinder

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Blokes Haircut? UNCHECK. I don't know any 'blokes' what wear their hair and bangs like that.
Blokes BODYSUIT!......... Since when are bodysuits not sexy? Everybody loves Black Widow.

......... I stopped watching it midway through Season 1... but for the same reason I usually stop watching the CW superhero shows.......

you know cause....

They're dumb.
It's true.

They are dumb.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

On bodysuits: Black Widow's and Batgirl's were sexy. Both accentuated the curves perfectly. Sorry to say this version of SG (as well as the MCU Captain Marvel) is not. Like I said, might as well just call her Super Person. I'm actually surprised the CW didn't try that even if just a passing joke or have they? 🙄
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I roll my eyes at you sir!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

I do. Take a look below and tell me if that's obviously a woman or looks more like a man
_20201218_004605.JPG
_20201218_004605.JPG (259.16 KiB) Viewed 4778 times

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Come to Wales. Still got hippies in Wales.

Damselbinder

It's relatively obvious. Granted, a lot less obvious than when she had the skirt, but - honestly, is that such a bad thing? She still looks very attractive.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I resented the fact that she got excited when somebody GAVE her a pants suit, so what it's like she couldnt chose to wear one herself.?

I thought that rather feeble moment of weak comedy totally undermined what was supposed to be a strong feminine icon.

Damselbinder

That's fair. Does sort of blunt what it seems like the point of it would be (a sort of 'Supergirl to Superwoman' moment). I guess in context she was just happy that someone gave her a present?
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I resented the fact that she got excited when somebody GAVE her a pants suit, so what it's like she couldnt chose to wear one herself.?

I thought that rather feeble moment of weak comedy totally undermined what was supposed to be a strong feminine icon.
THAT'S just an example of the show being a dumb cw superhero show... you can't make a decent cake with expired flour.

I mean one could easily argue that any time the show felt like going 'OOMPH! GIRL POWER!' It was undercutting itself... but there appears to be just as much an audience for that as for people who like it when the Flash solves crimes by randomly deducing Firestorm is an acronym via a random chat with his friend about a time she went scuba diving... Forensic investigator and the only way he can solve a crime is by deus exing a scuba reference out of his but >_>

I still remember the TRAVESTY of when everybody was harping on about how 'The Flash' was the best comic hero show on television... at the SAME TIME Agent Carter was on the air.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
I guess in context she was just happy that someone gave her a present?
To quote Adam West's Batman
"Poor, deluded child." 😂

BUT let's not derail the thread with my hang ups.

Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
I guess in context she was just happy that someone gave her a present?
To quote Adam West's Batman
"Poor, deluded child." 😂

BUT let's not derail the thread with my hang ups.
I think it's a little late for that, don't you?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Well it is now

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

This is the pic I was referring to
SG guides.jpg
SG guides.jpg (75.56 KiB) Viewed 4736 times

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

I do. Take a look below and tell me if that's obviously a woman or looks more like a man

_20201218_004605.JPG
I was suspicious when they introduced the suit that she was pregnant (or planned to be) and my belief is they used the suit to make it easier to do some CG work to de-preg her like they did with Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman. That's maybe why you're not seeing curve. Also the suit maybe covering up she is showing and that they shoot straight on for the most part.

But I really believe the suit was because she told them shoe was pregnant.

Like what I don't get is the groin. That is an awful fit for a production suit. Its like a halloween costume. No form fit. Now that could have also been to avoid any pervy camel toe shots just like they do a lot of work to avoid any up skirt shots.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Running on the edge of that rail for just a bit further. I too was as excited to hear a Supergirl TV show was coming to a major network. Melissa was an enticing pick for the part of Kara/Supergirl. Unfortunately, between silly scripts, overboard social justice scenarios and changing SuperGIRL’s costume, just to have something new and improved, made this show a true disappointment. Then to see they changed the uniform again to make her into an androgenous something was unbelievable. I stopped watching after they alienated over half the original DC Supergirl market early in the first season.

Why couldn’t they follow the 1984 Supergirl movie? Yes, we can all agree the story was campy. But they cast a 19-year old Helen Slater to play SuperGIRL not a Super-Manlike figure. Supergirl was dressed like a female in a formfitting blue bodysuit, short red skirt, red boots and cape. Early in the movie the makers of the film, with great success, addressed the sexual peril of a beautiful young superherione wearing a short skirt. The situation with the truckers displayed Kara’s strength in maintaining her femininity, modesty, and super status. Kudos!

If DC and Media companies were smart, and we all know they are not, they could do a Supergirl show, in the vein of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and clean up. Buffy was cute AND sexy. Most importantly, she dressed like a girl. Buffy faced perils, like a girl. She fought off villains and was not just a social warrior. Talk about empowerment, showing a girl can be a superheroine, dress to accent her beauty, and overcome actual villains, wow, what a concept.

Hey look. It's a Super Girl!
Hey Look Its a Super Girl - Melissa Benoist.png
Hey Look Its a Super Girl - Melissa Benoist.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 4654 times
Damselbinder

Can you not imagine why they maybe wouldn't want to have sexually suggestive peril in a primetime family show.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If you gave 1000 under ten year old kids a paper and crayons and said draw supergirl, how many of them do you think would put her in a pants suit?
It's playing to a minority and that minority probably doesn't even watch the show

Damselbinder

"If you gave 1000 under ten year old kids a paper and crayons and said draw supergirl, who has been depicted a particular way for almost all of her decades of pop cultural existence, do you think they would draw her in the way that she's been depicted for almost all of her decades of pop cultural existence?"

Yes. What's your point?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

How many under 10 year olds do you think have followed her through all her decades of depiction?
My point is there's nothing wrong with giving people what they expect and want. The important point was my last line - by NOT doing that they are playing to a minority who do not have any affinity for the character.

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I thought it was generally accepted that the whole costume change was out or practicality and comfort for MB re: climate of location and a spectrum of (un)certainty of pregnancy. I am not a fan of it but I would accept it if it were the only thing wrong with a show that has become overcrowded with other heroes and has misused other characters that could have been so much "more" by being "less" if you get what I mean.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

"Look! Up in the sky! "
"Is it a... bird?"
"is it a.. plane?"
" Oh for Christ sake! WHY would I be so surprised at a bird or a plane in flight? No, you fools...
IT'S... a - former- female - icon - that - we- have - turned- into - an - androgenous - abomination- of - the- original - source - material!"

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
"Look! Up in the sky! "
"Is it a... bird?"
"is it a.. plane?"
" Oh for Christ sake! WHY would I be so surprised at a bird or a plane in flight? No, you fools...
IT'S... a - former- female - icon - that - we- have - turned- into - an - androgenous - abomination- of - the- original - source - material!"

The switch to the pants was likely caused by the cold winter months in Vancouver, and perhaps Melissa's pregnancy too. I can fully understand that, as attached as Melissa was to the original costume (rumour had it she'd turned down previous requests to update it between seasons), circumstances probably prompted a change to something more practical and comfortable. And it isn't like this is the first time that the Maid of Might has worn pants, indeed I even blogged about the phenomina in the comics.

But here's my problem... Colleen Atwood is a respected movie costume designer who has a solid Hollywood resume, and the costume she designed for Melissa had all the hallmarks of someone at the top of the game. It looks like a big budget movie costume. The day-to-day costumes designed by the show's regular costume designers for other characters mostly look like tv costumes thrown together quickly on a tight production schedule - - they effectively look like high-end cosplay outfits. Now, I'm a big fan of the classic Helen Slater costume, but I've no problem with the CW series wanting to get a fresh look after four seasons, and I'm okay with that being a unitard (there is a precedent for it in the comics stretching back to the 70s, as I noted.) My main problem with the new pants costume is that it totally lacks the polish and style of the Atwood original. You look at a photoshoot using the Atwood original and you can't tell if it's a tv or movie costume, but you look at a photoshoot using the new costume and you know immediately it's tv costume.

R5
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

If you do a search for Supergirl comics 99% of those comics have Supergirl dressed in a skirt, mini skirt and/or hot pants. Yes, it is true, you can find a Supergirl dressed in a Superman outfit. I liked the Supergirl story in DC Adventure Comics No. 412 but didn’t care for the outfit. But remember, there were actually two iterations of Supergirl in that comic, and only one Supergirl wore the unitard. There are a lot of one offs for Supergirl through the years. There is even a story that had Kara poolside and captured while wearing only a leopard skin bikini, nice. The fact is that the artists drew Supergirl dressed as a girl, visibly distinguishing her from Superman. It obviously had the desired effect. I can tell you that seeing Supergirl on the covers and in the stories is where my affair with the girl of steel began. The model for Supergirl was a beautiful young blue-eyed golden-haired girl, and, they dressed her to the nines in a manner that draws attention to her female form. It worked on me as well as numerous others, many who follow superheroine exploits on this site.

And peril is peril is peril. There are just varying degrees of jeopardy. The 1984 Supergirl movie was rated PG-13 and has aired on national prime time TV. There is a difference in having a superpowered heroine fighting an annoying hangnail and fighting a supervillain. What keeps us watching is the degree of peril our heroine (hero) faces. The greater the foe or circumstances our intrepid girl has to overcome the greater the story. Clearly there are limits to the amount of peril DC and the Media censors will allow, but that is why we follow the heroine peril videos and stories featured here and on other sites. I, like many others, don’t agree with DC or the censors. Thank God for The Rye, Bluestone, Heroine Central, Heroine Movies and numerous other producers that agree with us fans.

Oh and MANY MANY thanks to the lovely ladies who's work is so important to making these heroines and fantasies come true for us.
shevek
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
If you gave 1000 under ten year old kids a paper and crayons and said draw supergirl, how many of them do you think would put her in a pants suit?
It's playing to a minority and that minority probably doesn't even watch the show
More importantly, these youngsters have *never* seen a version of Supergirl who wears a bodysuit. Almost nobody has.

They would mostly know about the character from the quality cartoon show "DC Super Hero Girls", which ran in two different
artistic iterations over the past few years, and also spawned books and toy lines which are available in major big box stores.
The show of course had positive "girl power" messages, but other than that it was never political, just delivering normal pedagogic platitudes like the values of friendship, loyalty and cooperation, etc.

The first version of Super Girl (Kara) in that show was a very cute girl with long blonde hair and a skirt, whose personality was to be unsure of herself. But even when they re-designed her to be more of a sassy, muscular bad-ass with shorter hair in later seasons of the show, she was *still* wearing the skirt. And both versions also had the long red boots.

Five_Red, thanks for the Youtube link - that was a fantastic Supergirl 1950s "throwback" video. What's funny, though, is that the title of that "episode" (Terror in the Sky) is also coincidentally the title of one of the stories in our new issue of Heroineburgh Comics #2! (well, it's technically "Terror from the Skies", but it's very close)

Also, P.S., we just modded a livestream interview yesterday for the artist who drew Supergirl for DC Comics throughout the middle of the 80s...Paul Kupperberg. He was super nice! And he fondly remembered Howard Bender, the Pittsburgh artist who drew a pinup for our second issue, and was the artist on other "Super Family" titles (such as Superboy/Dial H) around that same period.

The 80s ruled! And not just because of the Helen Slater movie.
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Also, P.S., we just modded a livestream interview yesterday for the artist who drew Supergirl for DC Comics throughout the middle of the 80s...Paul Kupperberg.
You mean writer, not artist, surely? Carmine Infantino was the artist on almost all of the Daring New Adventures... run with inks by Bob Oksner. When Paul took over as Supergirl's main writer in March 1982, his artists were mostly Win Mortimer and Vince Colletta.

R5
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

There was Adventure Comics #397 cover where they showed alternate versions for a new costume. A few of them were unitard types, but at least they showed some curves.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

The worst thing is that the bodysuit looks so plastic! Yes, again Danorian doing his winter pool cover comparisons, but for an example check out the season 5 blooper reel on Youtube at:
Got to the 1:35 mark, and here we see the costume just having folds? Then the 1:50 mark we get more plastic! Ironically, after that we get Kara Danvers, ad she has-gasp-contours? Yup, looks like she has some boobs here in her civvies!
Pretty sad that this Supergirl fan's hierarchy of lovelies this last season was Kara Danvers, LENA LUTHOR, then Kara Zor-El!
Yes, sometimes clothing makes the lady!

My 2 cents.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For what it's worth--and probably not much as it seems most opinions are entrenched and the forum is an opportunity for us to vent rather than change minds--I somehow feel the need to throw in my thoughts as well.

The initial Supergirl was much better than the current iteration of her costume. This will sound harsher than intended, but warmth of costume is irrelevant to me. If the first version of the costume is better, then that should be used. The purpose of the series is good ratings; if a sexier costume brings about good ratings, then go with it.

Tallyho's image of the costume with Melissa's face blotted out makes a great point. There is nothing sexy about the outfit. Melissa is beautiful and can make a bland bodysuit look good. But I do not see any attractive quality to a body suit that reduces curves and has no shine to the texture. The miniskirt allows for some risqué moments and shows off the super heroine's thighs; the body suit really does none of that.

The series could definitely feature some sexy peril. Lynda Carter pulled it off in the Wonder Woman series. Anything from Kryptonite peril to crawling through a muddy swamp to being restrained and taunted to facing off against a powerful villain works. But from what I have seen, the creators have a very limited interest in using any sexy scenes to present their storylines.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Damselbinder

rikudouM wrote:
3 years ago
Check out this new video by Olivia Rose as a brainwashed supergirl doing her masters bidding! https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/93991 ... pliance-4k If you like girls in sexy leather and supergirl making guys cum this is for you!
I think perhaps this might be best in a different thread, or a thread of its own.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

rikudouM wrote:
3 years ago
Check out this new video by Olivia Rose as a brainwashed supergirl doing her masters bidding! https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/93991 ... pliance-4k If you like girls in sexy leather and supergirl making guys cum this is for you!
Yes whilst this is SG its nothing to do with Benoist. Can you start a new Lounge thread or something and remove this post please

McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Melissa is very attractive as shown in this scene and in this iteration of Supergirl's new uniform. She had the girl next door look that precedes her transformation into a gorgeous Supergirl. Wholesome and sexy, I believe Melissa had both of these qualities.
Melissa Looks Great Here.png
Melissa Looks Great Here.png (258.16 KiB) Viewed 4212 times
This is where the costumers should have stopped. The body suit actually fit to highlighted Melissa's curvy figure. The skirt was cut right and was the right length. Her lovely legs looked amazing. They should have just added her family crest, cape, high boots and gone with this uniform. Oh well, what could have been. Clearly DC and CW, as pointed out, steered away to downplay sex appeal, which has always been a major aspect of the Supergirl legacy.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

McGheeny wrote:
3 years ago
Melissa is very attractive as shown in this scene and in this iteration of Supergirl's new uniform. She had the girl next door look that precedes her transformation into a gorgeous Supergirl. Wholesome and sexy, I believe Melissa had both of these qualities.
Melissa Looks Great Here.png

This is where the costumers should have stopped. The body suit actually fit to highlighted Melissa's curvy figure. The skirt was cut right and was the right length. Her lovely legs looked amazing. They should have just added her family crest, cape, high boots and gone with this uniform. Oh well, what could have been. Clearly DC and CW, as pointed out, steered away to downplay sex appeal, which has always been a major aspect of the Supergirl legacy.
so beautiful!!! THIS is one of my favorite pics of her...she looks so wholesome, so innocent and so sexy...mmm mmm delicious!!!
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Not all bodysuits are created equal.

Exhibit A.
Attachments
bodysuits.jpg
bodysuits.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 4155 times
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

^ Yep, it doesn't get much better when it comes to bodysuits than Anne "Tittenmaus" Hathaway in that stunning suit! :w00t:
The sexy gloves and the awesome boots are great additions as well. The boots with the stiletto heels are pure sexyness and unrealistic as hell for a catburglar, but well.... I really envy all who could see her in that outfit at the sets. :yes:
Only the eye mask isn't my cup of tea. A cowl attached to the suit would have been the perfect finish.
Still mad that writers didn't gave her a secret identity as practically everyone knows all the time that Selina Kyle is Catwoman....but ok, that's another story.
-
Yvonne Craigs suit is greatly shaped but I'm not a fan of the material and the color.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Ms. Craig's suit was crafted 50 years ago. Mel's is a futuristic suit that is made of Nanites. The CW needs to go back to the lab!
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

ksire_99 wrote:
3 years ago
Ms. Craig's suit was crafted 50 years ago. Mel's is a futuristic suit that is made of Nanites. The CW needs to go back to the lab!
For futuristically styled garb, the costumers should have referred to the LSH outfits of yore(except the Giffen era Rob Liefield fantasy crap ones!)for ideas! The material is crud, dull and boring, stylings are ugly with piping that doesn't enhance, but rather detracts from Melissa's looks and appears binding of her upper body, hiding her-ahem-assets!
Also, nanites are a bad idea if any techno-villain, like Lena was, got a clue. Nanites can be hacked and abused then. Lena should have hacked them once last season to bind Kara in a Master Trapper dream come true! The girl has super-speed so let her use it! We also enjoyed when she ripped open her top to reveal the red and blues. :D

My 2 cents.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
Not all bodysuits are created equal.

Exhibit A.
Great to see my extensive photoshop skills have been passed on to the next generation
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Again at this point Benoist is pregnant or has told them she plans to get pregnant so I doubt they want a form fitting suit. Also compare the pic of her from season 1 when she tries on different outfits to just before she put on the jump suit. Basically its harder for women to maintain a good shape and it will be harder as she starts to show.

So I would say cut some slack on the suit (pun intended) cause they did it in part to deal with the pregnancy.
shevek
Producer
Producer

five_red wrote:
3 years ago
shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Also, P.S., we just modded a livestream interview yesterday for the artist who drew Supergirl for DC Comics throughout the middle of the 80s...Paul Kupperberg.
You mean writer, not artist, surely? Carmine Infantino was the artist on almost all of the Daring New Adventures... run with inks by Bob Oksner. When Paul took over as Supergirl's main writer in March 1982, his artists were mostly Win Mortimer and Vince Colletta.

R5
Sorry, you are correct, I meant the writer who wrote Supergirl for DC Comics throughout the middle of the 80s. Wasn't paying attention while typing - I had 'art' on my mind. Thanks! And yes, those were his artists. And we do have a bunch of Carmine Supergirl issues, as well as most of Carmine's work on Dial H for Hero.

BTW, speaking of writing, Paul Kupperberg has a newly released prose novel called Justice Society of America: Ragnarok which
you can find on Amazon. Just came out last month. That's one of the main reasons he appeared on the stream.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
^ Yep, it doesn't get much better when it comes to bodysuits than Anne "Tittenmaus" Hathaway in that stunning suit! :w00t:
The sexy gloves and the awesome boots are great additions as well. The boots with the stiletto heels are pure sexyness and unrealistic as hell for a catburglar, but well.... I really envy all who could see her in that outfit at the sets. :yes:
I didn't get to see it personally but several of my friends did who worked on the movie! (Some of the scenes where she was in costume were filmed around the university area in Pittsburgh)
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Danorian wrote:
3 years ago
ksire_99 wrote:
3 years ago
For futuristically styled garb, the costumers should have referred to the LSH outfits of yore(except the Giffen era Rob Liefield fantasy crap ones!)for ideas! The material is crud, dull and boring, stylings are ugly with piping that doesn't enhance, but rather detracts from Melissa's looks and appears binding of her upper body, hiding her-ahem-assets!
Also, nanites are a bad idea if any techno-villain, like Lena was, got a clue. Nanites can be hacked and abused then. Lena should have hacked them once last season to bind Kara in a Master Trapper dream come true! The girl has super-speed so let her use it! We also enjoyed when she ripped open her top to reveal the red and blues. :D

My 2 cents.

The point I was making, was Craig's Batgirl suit was sexier, than Melissa's. Supergirl's made her look like a anamorphic lesbian. (I know that is too harsh)
Last edited by ksire_99 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Craig's Batgirl suit had the benefit of Julie Newmar's Catwoman suit and all the moll's tight fitting costumes to emphasize curves. Recent costumes have gone it the direction of durability from the movies and given up looks for the most part.

The Batman TV show costumes had the material flaw that if they sat down and bent their knees, the material would sag when they stood up,
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Batgirl was was costumed at a time when her main purpose was to sell T&A to keep the franchise alive. You won’t see Catwoman lezing out over a bound Batgirl again any time soon😢.

The problem is when the costume designers over think a fantasy. Gal Gadot looked great fighting WWI trench warfare in bustier and leather mini skirt. If you want Supergirl in a practical outfit, get rid of the cape. I loved her sexy little skirt and come-fuck-me stripper boots. While she was sexy, I wouldn’t say she was overly sexualized (a bit of thigh and everything else covered). It was accurate to the canonical costume. Even Gloria Steinem got pissed off in the 70s when DC tried to get rid of WW completely impractical costume.

I did like the hot pants and minidress Supergirls

There were a bunch of her costumes that were a lot sluttier than the mini skirt and boots, and I look forward to the porn versions that feature them. At least they didn’t try putting her in a Hilary Clinton pantsuit.