Black Scorpion

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Tobias
Neophyte
Neophyte

Blinded by the Light / Sting of the Black Scorpion
Darcy unmasks in front of her partner while he's temporarily blinded. Much "shampoo ad" hair action as she removes the wig.

Photo Finish
Unmasked by Flashpoint. This had the potential to be a great unmasking, but I was really disappointed that I didn't actually see the disguise ripped from Darcy's face. They cut from Flashpoint grabbing the mask to a close-up of his reaction and then cut back to Darcy with her face fully exposed, still struggling and flicking her hair as Flashpoint held the mask and wig in his hand.

I suppose Michelle Lintel's hair and make-up had to be adjusted between shots. (Her black eye make-up always miraculously vanished when she was unmasked and I imagine her beautiful red hair must have been in a pretty tight bun under the black wig.)

Is that all there is? Please add any descriptions and/or screencaps of other episodes where Black Scorpion lost the mask and wig.
kdogg87
Neophyte
Neophyte

Good god, from a dirty point of view, I have to say photo finish was the best. Bondage, unmasking...it doesn't get better. But I do have to agree with earlier posts that there were entirely too many knock outs where the villain decides to flee rather than take advantage.
ukdevo
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

-Apparently, there,s going to be a comic book version of it...here,s the link-

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17844
gorillaatlarge
Henchman
Henchman

If I am not mistaken it has been 10 years since the Black Scorpion TV series
was filmed. It doesn't seem possible. But if you taped the shows or have the
DVD look carefully at the credits and I think it says filmed 1999. Apparently
it was a couple of years before Roger Corman was able to complete
negotiations with a network to get it on TV. It wasn't aired on SCIFI
until 2001.
Where ever you are Michelle, we still love you !!!!!!!!!!!!
mask hunter
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

That show would still be on if they included the one nuance of the Batman TV show that they inexplicably left out... the cliffhanger deathtrap!!

With that item, this show would have lasted many seasons.
BARON2027
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

does any one know if there is any nudity in either black scorpion 1 or 2
thanks
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I know that the series is more worth your time
frightiningcow
Henchman
Henchman

pretty sure there is a brief topless scene when she mounts and stuns her partner in the first movie.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes as said above, there is in the first film though I think its a body double for Joan Severance. Theres a few brief topless shots in the second film but NOT from Black Scorpion , just minor actors if I recall correctly
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Maskfan
Henchman
Henchman

Not sure if a double was used. Will have to watch The Last Seduction 2 and Black Scorpion again to compare...for academic reasons, of course....
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes it was - they were extremely careful not to show her face. But research it anyway. Maybe twice. :D

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Camvoy
Producer
Producer

I'm still waiting for Season 2 of the TV series.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

MightyHypnotic wrote::hmm: You mean that wasn't Joan Severances tits??

No, compare them to when she comes out of the shower in See no Evil, Hear no Evil when Gene Wilder makes her drop the towel
I did. :D

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Camvoy wrote:I'm still waiting for Season 2 of the TV series.
Aren't we all. :laugh:

gorillaatlarge
Henchman
Henchman

Yes what a shame it lasted only 1 season. I'm still crying. Wonder what/where Michell Lintel is? She was a knockout.
(pun intended)
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Time for some love for the TV show Black Scorpion....and to dust off this forgotten thread!

The intro:

"....doing with a MASK what she can't do with a badge...."

Great line!
Odd though that that is actually the end of the text... :hmmm:
And it actually shows scenes from the whole season, which is pretty unusual since they normal only take scenes from the first episodes for that. (if I remember right)
-
I bought the DVD set for the show back in the early 2000s as soon as I discovered the show.
I had to import it from the US and bought a multi-region DVD player just for the show. Never used it for anything else....

That DVD player is now in the basement for perhaps 15 years. (Perhaps I could use it again? :rolleyes: )
Recently I bought a multi-region Blu-ray player as I ordered some stuff on Amazon in the US. And that player can actually play nearly anything incl. self-burned stuff.
As soon it was there I started to rewatch the show.
And with the Blu-ray player upscaling it to a full HD TV the picture quality is still ok.
Won't imagine how it would look if I connect that old DVD player to my current TV.... #horror.

And I forgot about the massive extras on these discs. Really great, especially if you compare them to the "extras" from new TV shows:
- The first 2 episodes have 2 (optional) commentary tracks on them (with Michelle Lintel) -- still have to watch these two episodes with her commentary
- a solid booklet
- Making of documentary
- Complete soundtrack(!) with a running picture gallery(!)
- Series promo
- Artwork gallery
- Slide show gallery
- Screensaver(!)
- Biographies...for at least 30(!) actors (incl. all villains, playmates...)
- 6 colorful printed DVD-discs with a character on each disc

Perhaps I will post about the show and single episodes on my Blog again.
And I should make a page just for the show.
I posted about the show on the blog very early and pretty sloppy from my view as today.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

The DVDs can still be had, I picked them up just a couple years ago for a reasonable amount. Don't pay $80 for them.

The show is also on Amazon Prime Video.

I have to say, it's aged rather well.

When it came out, it was a filler show. It aired in January 2001, to limited fanfare. Expectations were low, and the audience that would later embrace fun shlock like Sharknado just wasn't there yet.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Lurkndog wrote:
3 years ago
-----
When it came out, it was a filler show. It aired in January 2001, to limited fanfare. Expectations were low, and the audience that would later embrace fun shlock like Sharknado just wasn't there yet.
Well, you have to have the right expectations when you watch this show....
If you dig sexy women in stunning costumes and are looking for a superheroine in peril every 10 minutes.....THIS is your show! Beats everything ever shown on a TV show.

If you are a critic you will laugh about the show and it's cheezyness, bad acting and bizarre storylines and villains right from a daydream of a drunken guinea pig (these costumes!!!!).
-
For me the show offers so much for me ....it is a Hall of Fame entry!
-

I heard that somewhere Corman invested 20 million dollar of his own money into this.
Quite a lot when you look at the show and know it's 20 years old. Ok, 22 episodes has to be paid...but the actors couldn't be very expensive....
I wonder how much he got out of it.
Obviously not enough to make a 2nd season..... :wavecry:
But thank you SIR for making it! Legend!

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

No single show after 1980 has more influence on our productions than Black Scorpion! Not even Xena or Supergirl come close....

I also bought that DVD, Maskripper, fairly recently (some time last year, I think) from Amazon.
Lurkndog is right - there's no reason to pay a lot for it...still seems readily available.

I also found the one and only graphic novel based on the series, published by Tidal Wave Comics, which came out a few years ago.
Darren Davis, owner of Tidal Wave, confirmed with me on a Facebook group that he isn't doing more of them. Too bad.

Roger Corman is also still alive! Most excellent topped thread, keep the discussion going.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

The self fulfilling prophesy fight is brilliant where 4 of them just gang up on her in a trap and wipe the floor with her

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
The self fulfilling prophesy fight is brilliant where 4 of them just gang up on her in a trap and wipe the floor with her
Yeah, a fine example that she is rather "under-weaponised" when her car isn't around.
I mean she has a car that can magically transform itself from Scorpion mobile to her "civilian" Corvette(!!!)
She has a ring that can transform her civilian sexy clothes she is wearing into her sexy Black Scorpion outfit(!!!)
Both things that are way "over the top" for me. Even they are practical to kill any complains in direction of realism in any scene.

But what does she has when she has to fight the bad guys without K.I.T.T.....ehm, I mean the Scorpionmobile?
She has her ring that can shock people from distance and her baton. That's it.
No more gadgets. Argyle should provide more weapons for her... :hmmm: (maybe the budget of the show was to tight?)
Maybe she wouldn't have been knocked out then by that many villains who then just ran away....to let her sleep in peace. :giggle: :rolleyes:
-
But ok, as there are quite some things that could have been better in the show.....it offered SOOOO much...it's complaing on rather high level.
It's Cormans masterpiece!
-

*EDIT*
I checked my amazon.com account:
I bought the DVDs back in 2004 for 54$ (new back then - you can only get it used nowadays), had to pay 28$ for shipping here (ridiculous, would be cheaper now) and also import fees which would be another 10$.
That was easily the most expensive TV show I ever bought.
But worth every last cent.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Questions!

1) What is your favorite episode?
2) What is your favorite villain/villainess?
3) How do you like Black Scorpions costume? Ideas for improvements?

-
1) Cleary episode 3, "Blinded by the light" as it has so much unmasking/secret identity struggle in it. (Incl. unmasking, unmasking attempt, self unmasking). Episode 19 "Photo finish" comes next.
2) Flashpoint as he is the villain in the 2 best episodes (3 and 19) and Breathtaker played by Adam West(!). The villainesses were all sexy but no one was really "outstanding" for me.
3) Near perfection! The boots could be sexier/sleakier. Black leather boots with wedge heels perhaps....but besides that....
-
Now it's your turn!

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Well best episode for me
Zodiac one above
Best Villain Flash point was good and let's be fair he was doing his job and trying to take a picture and she blinded him and scarred him for life. I think he had a degree of sympathy from me on his actions!
Best female villain I did like Aerobicide
As for the costume it's pretty damn good... Maybe no bare elbows? And possibly a 'utility' garter? 🤨 🤣

smerdyakov667
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

If we're evaluating strictly in terms of "peril elements" (as opposed to story or production values), I'd say a good half of "Black Scorpion" is in the running for my favorite episode. She just suffered so many mini-defeats. I guess my all-time faves are the ones were she gets beaten three or four times. "He Who Laughs Last" is in that category.

In the very first scene, she's tricked into thinking a dummy is a person
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_000122777.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_000122777.jpg (143.59 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
Later, she's ambushed by Gangster Prankster and his goons
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001119434.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001119434.jpg (128.34 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
Which leads to some of the series' finest "sexy kayo" images
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001124698.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001124698.jpg (153.84 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001128967.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001128967.jpg (147.14 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
The goons consider unmasking her... But for too long! The cops and scare the baddies away
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001149023.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001149023.jpg (159.2 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001153033.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001153033.jpg (141.53 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
smerdyakov667
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Steve puts her in a rather compromised position...
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001163610.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001163610.jpg (163.41 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
But of course our heroine finds a way out, and is able to re-enter "confident heroine" mode
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001192492.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001192492.jpg (160.33 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
Black Scorpion keeps pursuing Prankster, which leads to an encounter where she's caught off guard...
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001689878.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001689878.jpg (157.17 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
And electrocuted! "AHH!" she cries. The impact sends her flipping over a car.
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001694224.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001694224.jpg (148.53 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
"YAY! You finally stung the Black Scorpion!" Giggles cheers. We get another sexy kayo shot
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001698781.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_001698781.jpg (132.34 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
Black Scorpion more or less has her way for the rest of the ep. In the final scene w/ Steve he pats her on the back, pushing her forward against a desk (and therefore pushing her boobs apart)
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_002445736.jpg
Black Scorpion - S01E17 - He Who Laughs Last - [DVD][x265 10-bit][AAC 5.1].mkv_002445736.jpg (178.61 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thanks for sharing your opinion guys!
And special thanks for smerdyakov667 for his picture story. Yeah, that was a fine episode as well! Especially the unmasking attempt! Even she was unconcious...sadly...

Well, I do have one to offer too:
I finally re-watched the first Black Scorpion movie some days ago.
This time on DVD. Luckily the first one is available for a somehow reasonable price.
Still need the 2nd movie, but with postage the cheapest price so far was around 40 Euro (50 $)...... 😱.
Perhaps I will find a better one with some patience.
-
As I watched the scene on the roof where Michael encounters Black Scorpion for the first time I spotted a nice......detail....for the first time.
So, what happens there?

Michael and Black Scorpion get into close combat and they role around the roof ;-)

-
....he lands on top of her, enjoying the view...

-
....and he takes the chance and reaches for her mask! (he knows what he wants - Go Michael!)

-
...she slaps his hand away and rolls around... so she is on top. She is pressing against his manhood... :-)

-
....and she wants something from him....

-
...but of course the morons show up and ruin everything. Black Scorpion has to get away.
And Michael....well.....he seemed to enjoy his first date with Black Scorpion....A LOT ;-)

....well, that lucky Bastard! Is that the reason his hand covers up his face? :giggle:
Spoiler
Later on Black Scorpion even rides on him in his apartment.....
-
I wonder how the actors handle such scenes on set.
And perhaps they continued where they left off later at night? ;-)

shevek
Producer
Producer

It's hard to decide between this show and Elektra-Woman & Dyna Girl on which is the sexiest superheroine show of all time.
Maybe we should have Roger Corman battle it out with Syd & Marty Krofft on a convention panel while they're all still alive!

To answer your questions, Maskripper:
1) Favorite episode is the one with Aerobicide
2) Favorite villainesses are Aerobicide and Pollutia (our character the toxic villainess Chlorina is basically Pollutia)
3) The only thing wrong with the costume is the limitations of the "shower cap" style of the mask, because our personal preference
is to always see the beautiful hair of the heroine, especially if it's long and cascading brilliantly over her torso - it's part of her power and mystique. Other than that, the costume is perfect - no complaints!

And that photo still where the character who plays Michael is obviously aroused by her foreplay - surprised they left that in, but then again, it is Roger Corman who also did the Vampirella movie, so anything goes!

By the way, I was thinking of eventually introducing a scorpion-powered heroine or villainess into our series (probably in Season 3, at this point) whose character name would be "Stynga". (There are too many versions already in comics of 'Scorpia' or 'Scorpiana' etc). I already have the costume ready to go (it's silver but with lots of black trim). If she is introduced, we'll insert regular references to Darcy-isms in her appearances. Should be fun!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
3) The only thing wrong with the costume is the limitations of the "shower cap" style of the mask, because our personal preference
is to always see the beautiful hair of the heroine, especially if it's long and cascading brilliantly over her torso - it's part of her power and mystique. Other than that, the costume is perfect - no complaints!

And that photo still where the character who plays Michael is obviously aroused by her foreplay - surprised they left that in, but then again, it is Roger Corman who also did the Vampirella movie, so anything goes!
"because our personal preference"
Who is "our"?
Regarding the hair it's realism over sexyness for me when it comes to masked heroines :hmmm:
I love long hair, of course. But it's a big weakness in a fight so I think it should be covered up.
And in this case she not only secures her own hair, she also covers it up so it reinforces her masquerade as nobody can see her real hair.
Also the hair seems to be attached to her mask which should make it (a little) harder to unmask her.
The wig attached to the mask thing reminds me a little of Batwoman with the differnce that Batwoman's fake hair is openly flowing around which a bad guy used to attack her from behind and yank at her hair/wig.
-
Well, in the movie the scene with Michaels visibale arousal is very short. Guess they thought no one would notice.
And perhaps they didn't want to reshoot as MIchael would always be aroused. :giggle:
...which would be totally understandable....

shevek
Producer
Producer

By "our" personal preference, I meant the overall tenor of my own series, which involves many people, so I was speaking collectively.

I happen to go a little bit more for campiness over realism, so I just prefer the long hair even if does sometimes get in the way
in battle situations. It does seem that Black Scorpion would be harder to unmask..which just makes it all the more worthwhile
the few times it happens.
superheroinelinks
Elder Member
Elder Member

I Like Michelle Lintel over Joan Severance. too bad the show didn't go far.
I LOVE seeing sexy women in Pantyhose, skin tight Spandex, Tights, Leggings, Unitards, Catsuit, BodyStockings, Gloves, Masks and sexy seductive Role Playing Peril!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Michelle Lintel > Joan Severance. One of the best superheroine shows and the closest thing to Batman with Adam West. Budget was non-existent, but it was Roger Corman.
the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

i am working on a series called dark babe she's a little like black scorpion i really enjoyed the movies and the tv show and wanted to make something thats like the black scorpion a cop by day and a ass kicking vigilante by night i am already working on the 1st episode right now and very excited to do the rest and just thinking of what kind of evil people she will fight its going to be awesome i already have the outfit here is the picture what do you think thanks.
super_hero_dark_babe_defeated_part_1-0001.png
super_hero_dark_babe_defeated_part_1-0001.png (588.66 KiB) Viewed 5491 times
superheroinelinks
Elder Member
Elder Member

the123 wrote:
3 years ago
i am working on a series called dark babe she's a little like black scorpion i really enjoyed the movies and the tv show and wanted to make something thats like the black scorpion a cop by day and a ass kicking vigilante by night i am already working on the 1st episode right now and very excited to do the rest and just thinking of what kind of evil people she will fight its going to be awesome i already have the outfit here is the picture what do you think thanks.
Looks good. Only thing I would add is I'd have her wear some shiny pantyhose under her leotard and fishnets over them. I tried to do a photo mock up to see what she'd look like? My art skills aren't the best but I tried? I guess I just like pantyhose? Or do you think she looks too much like black canary now? Or am I over stepping with too much critique?
Image Image
Here's a few example of shiny pantyhose with fishnets over them. Just a thought? Trying to help.
I LOVE seeing sexy women in Pantyhose, skin tight Spandex, Tights, Leggings, Unitards, Catsuit, BodyStockings, Gloves, Masks and sexy seductive Role Playing Peril!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Michelle Lintel > Joan Severance. One of the best superheroine shows and the closest thing to Batman with Adam West. Budget was non-existent, but it was Roger Corman.
Yeah, Michelle and the new costume was a better fit!
I read that he risked 20 Million $ out of his own pocket for that show.
And 20 years ago that wasn't such a bad budget perhaps for 22 episodes.
Would love to know the costs of the show in each sector, that would be interesting.

Don't know how it paid out in the end for Roger, it certainly wasn't a smashing success financially, otherwise they would have continued.
But I don't think he lost money with it.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

He forked out a lot for all the top models and big name villains West, Gorshin etc. I think it did well enough abroad ( by well enough I mean broke even sort of numbers)

the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

superheroinelinks wrote:
3 years ago
the123 wrote:
3 years ago
Looks good. Only thing I would add is I'd have her wear some shiny pantyhose under her leotard and fishnets over them. I tried to do a photo mock up to see what she'd look like? My art skills aren't the best but I tried? I guess I just like pantyhose? Or do you think she looks too much like black canary now? Or am I over stepping with too much critique?
Image Image
Here's a few example of shiny pantyhose with fishnets over them. Just a thought? Trying to help.
i like what you did it’s nice but in my option I think she looks good with out the pantyhose thanks.
superheroinelinks
Elder Member
Elder Member

the123 = ok, no worries
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago

Yep, actually a great scene because she also gets to fight back a bit before getting completely defeated by their overwhelming numbers. Gives that tense hope for a bit before she gets utterly clobbered.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yep I counted the blows way back when and she gets in 13 of her own but then is hit by about 4 times that number

the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

i like episode 14 Virtual Vice

where she fights the man then the woman
EP.14.360p 5331.jpg
EP.14.360p 5331.jpg (19.26 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
EP.14.360p 5421.jpg
EP.14.360p 5421.jpg (27.92 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Ah Alison (aka Brittany York in her Playboy times) ... too bad her costume was lame. But I still watch some of those Acapulco HEAT episode ... what a bomb she was.
superheroinelinks
Elder Member
Elder Member

Love Black Scorpion!
Attachments
0.jpg
0.jpg (49.14 KiB) Viewed 5105 times
superheroinelinks
Elder Member
Elder Member

Love Michelle Lintel
Attachments
0.jpg
0.jpg (39.4 KiB) Viewed 5102 times
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So, after some breaks I finally finished re-watching season 1 of Black Scorpion.
In the last episodes of the season things heated up between Darcy and Steve, there were 5 or more scenes were they were only half a second away from kissing each other.

-

I mean Black Scorpion and Steve were always very "close" as the dominant Black Scorpion already kissed him greedily a LOT of times, like in this short compilation I may already have posted:

-

Now I wondering about two things:

1) Would he have recognized Black Scorpion if he had kissed Darcy?

In season 1 of Batwoman there was a discussion about that. Kate and Sophie were in love and kissed each other in the process of course. After they broke up Sophie fall in love with Batwoman later on and kissed her, NOT knowing that Kate is Batwoman. Many (mostly women) then claimed that Sophie should have recognized Kate by kissing Batwoman and thereby "unmasking" Batwoman as she would realise then that Kate is actually Batwoman.
I am not sure about it. I think it is of course possible to identify someone by kissing him (while the other one is masked). But I don't know how big the "recognition rate" would be.
---

2) How would that relationship had been developed in a second season?

I mean for me it was really great that he didn't know that Darcy is Black Scorpion. That mystery and the fact that he was always chasing her were thrilling.
Ok, the question would be how long you could have had that ongoing in such a series.
But IF he had found out that his detective buddy was under that mask the whole time....that would really kill a lot of the thrill.
Ok, there could be always the villains and the regular police who would try to find out who Black Scorpion is. But in season 1 the police was totally incompetent and got never even close to catch and/or unmask her.

And regarding the villains...SADLY only Flashpoint and the Gangster Prankster were interested in unmasking her ...in season 1.
If Steve would have found out....they could perhaps have had more villains trying to find out her secret identity in season 2.

Ah damn....what I would give for a second season!!!!
Come on Roger Corman, you are only 94 years old...time to produce a second season of Black Scorpion!!!!!
COME ON ROGER, PLEASE!

;)

the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I got that love thing in my night shadow series in 4 episodes he gets kissed by her when ever he tries to arrest her or help her but at my episode 5 she finally has sex with him that can now lead them on a love and danger journey check out the pictures on my custom story with pictures page it’s getting awesome with every episode I am writing.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

.....no opinions on my post from 3 days ago^? :sad:
Where are the Black Scorpion fans of this site? :hmmm: ;)

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Hope this is new to most people -- scanned from Starlog #284.

For unmasking fans there's a nice little revelation: it seems the biggest threat to her secret identity was not the array of super villains she battled each week, but the heating thermostat. :laugh:
pg-0000.jpg
pg-0000.jpg (775.76 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
pg-0001.jpg
pg-0001.jpg (894.11 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
pg-0002.jpg
pg-0002.jpg (861.89 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
pg-0003.jpg
pg-0003.jpg (949.63 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
R5
the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

five_red wrote:
3 years ago
Hope this is new to most people -- scanned from Starlog #284.

For unmasking fans there's a nice little revelation: it seems the biggest threat to her secret identity was not the array of super villains she battled each week, but the heating thermostat. :laugh:

pg-0000.jpgpg-0001.jpgpg-0002.jpgpg-0003.jpg

R5
she is awesome this series is what got me into making my own series called night shadow series.