Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

:christmas: :ww1: :tv:

variety - WW 1984 - 1.png
variety - WW 1984 - 1.png (776.97 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
variety - WW 1984 - 2.png
variety - WW 1984 - 2.png (140.83 KiB) Viewed 4782 times

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wond ... 234804411/

:lynda1: :christmastree:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

In my humble opinion:
* Pent up demand for this movie will make it a $2 billion megahit in Xmas of 2021 or Summer of 2022.
* I know that's unfathomable delay but that's what I think. The longer they push it off the less likely they are to stream it.
* The possible economic windfall will drive the parties in charge to hold back its release.
* The only thing that would mitigate that thinking is the need to dovetail with other upcoming planned DC movies' shooting schedules and plot requirements.

Edit note: I just read the press release about the film being released to HBO Max for a month (as well as in theaters) starting Dec. 25, 2020. I guess Warner Media is pushing in all its chips on its streaming service to get it up to the level of Netflix and Disney Plus. A power move. I hope it works for them. (fair disclosure: My wife works for AT&T who owns Warner Media.)
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

A good audience in either forms will encourage making another sequel. Beside the studio can't make money holding it waiting for things to improve.
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Although there are some interesting looking scenes, I'm concerned Cheetah is a CGI construct. I hope not. CGI is so overused in superhero films and often looks terrible, IMO.
AnastasiaPierce
Producer
Producer

it is going to be fun to watch! I will watch it on HBO Max as soon as it gets out
Lots of Love, Your Wonder Amazon
Anastasia

Super Heroine Clips:
http:www.AnastasiaClips.com

Movies VOD - http://www.HeroineCentral.com
Official Site - http://www.AnastasiaPierce.com
DVD Store - http://www.AnastasiaStore.com
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well, then I hope that cinemas are open over here in December so it can be watched like it should been watched.
I wasn't in any cinema since march, perhaps this one will be the first one to end this longest cinema break ever for me (and many others).
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Rebecca Romijn Amazon.jpg
Rebecca Romijn Amazon.jpg (167.91 KiB) Viewed 4511 times

Screen shot from the WW 1984 trailer: the Amazon standing next to little Wonder Woman (who appears a few frames after above still) at the start of Amazon race is Rebecca Romijn.

rebecca_romijn.jpg
rebecca_romijn.jpg (126.36 KiB) Viewed 4504 times
:ww1:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
korda
Henchman
Henchman

Nope, that's Doutzen Kroes.
Attachments
7ebb10102d43cfd292f465ab3f80f11b.jpg
7ebb10102d43cfd292f465ab3f80f11b.jpg (67.23 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Very attractive lady!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Supermodel/actress Doutzen Kroes also played an Amazon in the first Wonder Woman movie and in Justice League.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I stand corrected.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Reviews starting to show up on twitter. Plenty of positive reactions. I love it. :thumbup:

Can't wait to see it at my local theater (I wish there's a HBO Max here in Canada :weep: ).
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

^ Sounds good!
I wonder when and how I will be able to see that here in germany.
No HBO Max avaliable here and the cinemas are closed until at least until January 10.
And probably longer.....

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
^ Sounds good!
No HBO Max avaliable here and the cinemas are closed until at least until January 10.
And probably longer.....
Got a VPN? A dece VPN subscription with the slate of films coming to Max might ultimately turn out to be no more expensive than going to the theater for all them films all year?
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
^ Sounds good!
And probably longer.....
Got a VPN? A dece VPN subscription with the slate of films coming to Max might ultimately turn out to be no more expensive than going to the theater for all them films all year?
I do have a VPN now, due to the need to follow the adventures of a certain female bat (or more precisely: female batS).
I guess it might work to subscribe to HBO Max with a fake US address and watch the movie there.
But then I would have to pay just to watch it at home on my TV ....while doing two more or less illegal things (VPN + fake adress).
Of course it would also be an option to ...well....get the film...."elsewhere" on the net for free.
In the end I do wanna watch the movie the first time like it should be watched....on a gigantic screen in the cinema!
The ultimate question for me will become on how long the cinemas will stay closed here. When the movie hits net and the open cinemas elsewhere at the end of december I think I could wait to January 11 IF the cinemas would then be opening again here.
But what if they stay closed for some more weeks?
I don't think that I could manage for a much longer time while the movie is available in the net.
A crappy situation. I just wanna watch the movie like folks in other countries early on and in a cinema.

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
I do have a VPN now, due to the need to follow the adventures of a certain female bat (or more precisely: female batS).
It may be worth mentioning at this point that I think The CW is one of the networks that is free to watch on USTVNow. USTVNow is a web site / app / smart TV app that allows US citizens to watch live streams of US tv from outside the US. When you sign up (it has been a few years since I signed up, but I assume it hasn't changed) you'll be asked to tick a box on the account creation form to say you're a US citizen, but aside from that there's no verification. You'll need to pay to get access to the full range of channels, but a small number of the main networks are provided free. The streams are live feeds from the east coast, so programme times are EST. The feed isn't great quality, and it will occasionally freeze or drop out, but if you absolutely must watch Batwoman or Supergirl live at 2am, as it goes out in the US (including ad breaks), then the site can be useful.

R5
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

^ No, I just can't watch Batwoman live at 2AM (german time) from in the night from sunday to monday.
I always watch it on the cwtv.com for free and in good quality (and without AD breaks) on monday evening.
But I will check out USTVNow, maybe I can use it one day. :hmmm:
Thanks for the reco.!

Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
^ Sounds good!
And probably longer.....
I guess it might work to subscribe to HBO Max with a fake US address and watch the movie there.
But then I would have to pay just to watch it at home on my TV ....while doing two more or less illegal things (VPN + fake adress).
Of course it would also be an option to ...well....get the film...."elsewhere" on the net for free.
In the end I do wanna watch the movie the first time like it should be watched....on a gigantic screen in the cinema!
The ultimate question for me will become on how long the cinemas will stay closed here. When the movie hits net and the open cinemas elsewhere at the end of december I think I could wait to January 11 IF the cinemas would then be opening again here.
But what if they stay closed for some more weeks?
I don't think that I could manage for a much longer time while the movie is available in the net.
A crappy situation. I just wanna watch the movie like folks in other countries early on and in a cinema.
Is HBO Max not available outside of the US right now? If so that seems...... stupid.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
^ Sounds good!
And probably longer.....
The recent remake of The Witches debuted on HBO Max in the US. In Germany, it's available with a Sky Ticket subscription.
https://www.justwatch.com/de/Film/Hexen-Hexen-2020

In the UK, it's in not yet available with a subscription package but it can be bought in the Sky Store for £13.99.

Assuming that WW84 will have a similar pricing model and availability to The Witches, you'll probably be looking at either a €15-per-month subscription or a €15 purchase. Hope this helps.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Bert

They're making the movie available in Canada beginning on Christmas day, for $30 on pay per view. I'll wait for the Blue Ray.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago

Is HBO Max not available outside of the US right now? If so that seems...... stupid.
I don't know about other countries but it's not available in germany.
HBO has a deal with Sky (payTV) to bring their products there first.
But these cinema movies aren't included so far.
-
Heroine Addict wrote:
3 years ago
The recent remake of The Witches debuted on HBO Max in the US. In Germany, it's available with a Sky Ticket subscription.
https://www.justwatch.com/de/Film/Hexen-Hexen-2020

In the UK, it's in not yet available with a subscription package but it can be bought in the Sky Store for £13.99.

Assuming that WW84 will have a similar pricing model and availability to The Witches, you'll probably be looking at either a €15-per-month subscription or a €15 purchase. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info.
Yeah, actually "Hexen Hexen" is already running in the normal SKY payTV program here in germany.
I already recorded the movie with my Sky Box and will watch it the next weeks.
But so far, there are no plans for all these other movies that Warner will be streaming with HBO Max.
Is seems like I don't have any option than to ....find....this movie somewhere on the net.
Since I am not willing to wait several months until the movie runs here in a cinema or is available on SKY or other streaming thingys.
Really uncool the whole thing. :yucky:

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Keep an eye on the JustWatch page: https://www.justwatch.com/de/Film/Wonder-Woman-1984

It should be updated with all the legal options as and when they become available in Germany.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
They're making the movie available in Canada beginning on Christmas day, for $30 on pay per view. I'll wait for the Blue Ray.
I ain't paying $30 to have the movie streamed for only 48-hours. Screw that. :thumbsdown:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Some reviews are in. Pretty sure they're the no spoilers kind, but I've not seen them yet. I just saw that they were up. Here ya go...

the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

Reviews are very positive, it’s 88% on Rotten Tomatoes
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ricky1989 wrote:
3 years ago
Reviews are very positive, it’s 88% on Rotten Tomatoes
I'd wait for the movie watchers reviews as opposed to the RT pushed critics.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I don't care at all about these reviews....100% sure that Patty (and her team) did a good job again.

Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I've seen pretty mixed reviews. Mostly centering around script issues. We'll soon see.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Oh dear. One of my bug bears was the silly bits in the first one- like having a vital urgent message to deliver and sailing with it by boat from off the coast of Turkey to London rather than just landing at Italy and wiring it, telephoning it or flying with it from there.
And the fact there was a full on almost modern airbase rather than an airfield. And the tank on the airbase was British. And the archers swinging as they fired rather than just stay on the cliff top and use the height for longer distance, and Ares' stupid moustache.
Yeah there were lots of silly bits.
I hoped for better writing this time round
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bert

But the woman in the metal swimsuit who could deflect bullets with her bracelets and flip over vehicles with her bare hands was fine? :lol:
Damselbinder

Come on, Bert, you know that's not the same thing. Having magical, fantastical elements in a story is not a flaw intrinsically. Having characters behave irrationally, or illogically, or not take obvious solutions to problems in order to force the story to go in the direction the writer needs it to do is, ceteris paribus.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
But the woman in the metal swimsuit who could deflect bullets with her bracelets and flip over vehicles with her bare hands was fine? :lol:
That's the whole point. If you are writing something fantastical, you need it grounded in reality to sell it. Those background basics (which are easy to do) become all the more important.

Their Amazon origin story was weak as hell as well.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Oh dear. One of my bug bears was the silly bits in the first one- like having a vital urgent message to deliver and sailing with it by boat from off the coast of Turkey to London rather than just landing at Italy and wiring it, telephoning it or flying with it from there.
And the fact there was a full on almost modern airbase rather than an airfield. And the tank on the airbase was British. And the archers swinging as they fired rather than just stay on the cliff top and use the height for longer distance, and Ares' stupid moustache.
Wow, that is nitpicking deluxe on tiny details and all that could be countered somehow ;)
If you watch every movie like that.....you won't have much joy on 99% of them ;)

Ok, the first one ...maybe.... a point. But we don't know where that Amazon island really is. Maybe he refueled once or twice before he landed there? Maybe he didn't think about Italy as an option. Would they give him a plane to fly? There are no commercial airplanes at that point. Would it be wise to fly over battled france to get to england?

Yeah, it was a big airbase... but why not? Maybe the evil german general had it build like that....who knows what is happening in his twisted wonderdrugged mind?
The tank was british....so what? Could be a captured tank.
The archers swinging....ok, yeah, but maybe the amazon mastered this art and is their "style". They have no men there so they are fighting each other all day long....before caressing each others well-shaped amazon bodies. :hmmm:

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Could be since he was a spy merely relaying via telegraph would be a bad idea if tapped into. No intel communications on an open line maybe. I do agree some things didn't make sense which ruined the experience. For me it was the obvious green screen where she was running through the soldiers and it was so obvious they were sliding her along but that may have been due to her baby bump.

The island is a huge set of inconsistencies. Why do a bunch of peace loving women always wear armor and fight? That they are stagnated for 1000s of years. Calling Eda Candy a slaves while women on the island serviced the Queen and the Princess. But those are minor nit picks.

I do see there are two groups in society. One that is analytical and examines things. They want a story. They want logic. They can handle a fantasy but it should have some consistency.

The other group are emotionally driven and they seem to now dominate the audience landscape or at least are the ones being catered to. To them the story or details or consistency or logic do not matter. To them its a series of emotional moments. Like Half in the Bag pointed out about BvS that the movie was a series of moments strung together with a poor plot. Its almost like the plot of a porn flic where the guy being a plumber is merely a weak story to get to the sex scene. Shows like Super Natural, Vampire Diaries etc seem to be based along this theme.

So it makes sense when the second group says "but yet you accept a woman in a metal swim suit throwing tanks" or "Rey in Star Wars was better cause "space magic"" because the plot does not matter, its merely a vehicle to get to the SHIP or money shot or emotional moment. Its emotional porn.
Bert

Holy crap! I debased myself by using an emoji just to be sure it was clear I was joking and I still got taken seriously! Lighten up, guys!
Bert

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Having magical, fantastical elements in a story is not a flaw intrinsically. Having characters behave irrationally, or illogically, or not take obvious solutions to problems in order to force the story to go in the direction the writer needs it to do is...
True enough. That's what drives me crazy about the Supergirl show. Interestingly, I had no problem just being carried along by the story in the first WW movie, at least until the final CGI-fest.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Wow, that is nitpicking deluxe on tiny details and all that could be countered somehow ;)
If you watch every movie like that.....you won't have much joy on 99% of them ;)
The most memorable stories are memorable because they hang together well. The Greek legends are fantasy, but they are fantasy with a core of truth, that Truth being the every day elements that glue the story in the memory from generation. The Minotaur is fantastical, but a ball and twine to find your way out of a maze? Makes sense, any of us can do that. We could be Theseus.
Ok, the first one ...maybe.... a point. But we don't know where that Amazon island really is. Maybe he refueled once or twice before he landed there? Maybe he didn't think about Italy as an option. Would they give him a plane to fly? There are no commercial airplanes at that point. Would it be wise to fly over battled france to get to england?
Theres no 'maybe' about it. Only North Eastern France was affected by World War One. He could've travelled up by train in perfect safety then across the Channel. But he didn't need to

The Mediterranean is full of British, French and Italian Warships sending coded messages to HQ. He could just use their communications once he reached Italy. As a spy on a vital mission for the allies why wouldn't Italy (who was fighting on the allied side in WW1) lend him a plane?
What sort of a spy forgets about Italy? Or Southern France.? Or the British naval base at Malta that he would have to sail past? On a 3 week journey maybe more in an open boat?
Yeah, it was a big airbase... but why not? Maybe the evil german general had it build like that....who knows what is happening in his twisted wonderdrugged mind?
The tank was british....so what? Could be a captured tank
Why not!!!! 😂 Why do you think airfields are called air FIELDS. They were fields in WW1, tents and wooden huts not massive hangars and concrete buildings. That's why not.

If they captured a tank why the hell have it at an airfield? But its mostly done with CGI just CGI a German tank.

The archers swinging....ok, yeah, but maybe the amazon mastered this art and is their "style". They have no men there so they are fighting each other all day long....before caressing each others well-shaped amazon bodies. :hmmm:
The archers swinging loses both their range from the cliff top and their accuracy. It's just pointless. The boats are rowing ashore and are still several minutes out when they start firing.
If there's 50 bow women at a modest ten seconds an arrow that's 300 arrows a minute, in the several minutes to come ashore that's what about 2000 arrows minimum before they can hit the beach. But hey let's give up that advantage because as a race of elite warriors we are actually quite stupid.

BUT all that is missing the point. If you are doing a period piece you sell it by giving it period FEEL.
You get those little details right because its easy to do and helps convince. The tank and airbase is to me the equivalent of her climbing out of the trench on an aluminium ladder from Walmart complete with a discount sticker on it. It doesn't work and shatters the dream.
If you don't care that's fine. One of us looks at films, the other watches them that's all, and for me a period piece needs period accuracy and when it's easy to do, it's even more unforgiveable when it isn't done and they just take the lazy option.
Most firms are contemporary so most of the time I can accept them at face value

So any how, I hope they do a better job on 1984.
Period feel is everything on this sort of venture. If they have an ipod rather than a Walkman, you'd call them out on it, no? This is the same for me with the silly bits in the first one. Hopefully they won't be repeated in kind in '84.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Please note that's not intended aggressively but might read that way. I love film and hate lazy writing is all.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ok, then 99% of all movies are written by lazy writers.
If I would want to ,I could point out in practically every movie: Why is this so? Why does he do that at that point? Why o why o why?
And don't forget: People does make illogical decisions in the real world as well as in the movies. It doesn't have to be bad writing if a person in a movie does something stupid.
You call a british tank at the german base lazy writing....I call it an odd aspect. And in this case it MAY not have anything to do with writing. Perhaps it was a mistake by the CGI guy. Or the writer wanted to have it that way. Maybe it was a captured tank that was there to guard the airbase. After all the base was the last chance to win the war. So, it has to be protected with everything that is still available.
I could analyse every scene to the death and come up with endless results to be angry about.....but WHY would I want that?
I want to enjoy the movie, I want to have fun. And unless the writing isn't worse than your examples to this movie.....I can tolerate that easily.

Damselbinder

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Ok, then 99% of all movies are written by lazy writers.
If I would want to ,I could point out in practically every movie: Why is this so? Why does he do that at that point? Why o why o why?
And don't forget: People does make illogical decisions in the real world as well as in the movies. It doesn't have to be bad writing if a person in a movie does something stupid.
You call a british tank at the german base lazy writing....I call it an odd aspect. And in this case it MAY not have anything to do with writing. Perhaps it was a mistake by the CGI guy. Or the writer wanted to have it that way.
I could analyse every scene to the death and come up with endless results to be angry about.....but WHY would I want that?
I want to enjoy the movie, I want to have fun. And unless the writing isn't worse than your examples.....I can tolerate that easily.
While there are certainly ways of looking at films that are pointlessly pedantic, but the 'people do illogical things!' defence doesn't fly. Unless the fact that someone is doing something illogical is a plot point - as in, the film wants us to think they're being illogical because they're angry or they're clearly painted as a stupid character or something - it doesn't read like verisimilitude. It reads as awkward and confusing. When fiction tries to be as real as possible, it doesn't feel real. It feels weird. When people ignore obvious solutions that they would probably have thought of if they stopped for five seconds, it's frustrating.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I used the term lazy writing as a generic catch all for all the points I raised. I'm not angry about anything. I was annoyed at the time because with a sentence here or there it could have been explained away. But I saw it years ago I'm not angry about it now, nor was I then.
Modern film is full of character and action inconsistencies that you can just accept.
BUT it's different with PERIOD DRAMA that's the whole point. Him merrily sailing past Malta Italy and France wasn't an act of stupidity it was being stupid for several weeks solid, day after day.
If you can't believe in the characters it's very poor story telling.

At least we can agree we both hope 84 will be better.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago

At least we can agree we both hope 84 will be better.
Well, I hope it will be better....but that will be very hard from my opinion.
If it becomes as good as the first one....I'm already very happy.
Especially with the settings: Love the WW1 setting from the first one.
And I don't like the 80's setting from the second. Some of the 80's music was ok, but these clothes...... :no: ....the HORROR!
But ok, that's just the setting.
The good thing about the 2nd is that all the introduction is now done and that Cheetah could be a great villainess.
The trailer is promising and I am very curious to see where it is going storywise.

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Pretty sure the movie was only very loosely based on the actual period. "Him merrily sailing past Malta Italy and France" probably didn't happen, cause Thanos' son Elvin had already travelled back in time and used some stone to wipe Malta Italy and France from existence. He replaced them with hovering invisible cloud island cities for the Inhumans and Jedi to live on, but they weren't involved in the war and not shown in the movie as they were invisible.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Steve Trevor has to personally deliver the urgent message to HQ. If he wires it ahead, then he and Diana aren't in the room when HQ considers the intel and makes their decisions, and our protagonists are out of the loop. You could add bits to explain your way around this -- say he DID wire it ahead and when he got to London he discovered they'd disregarded his intel, so he busted in and argued and they disregarded it again -- but they'll end up on the cutting room floor because for 9 out of 10 audience members those extra beats would just drag the movie down.

There is a modern-looking airbase rather than an airfield because it needs to be an Impressive Operation and the backdrop for our Epic Greenscreen Battle. A realistic airfield wouldn't support the unrealistic bomber, and a realistically-scaled operation wouldn't seem so daunting to sabotage. The big airbase raises the stakes.

How many audience members can tell that it's a British tank? Is it impossible that a British tank was captured and is at the Big Enemy Base for reverse-engineering? It looks cool. That's why they picked it.

The swinging archers look cool. We haven't seen something like that before. It's a badass slow-motion trailer moment. No further justification is required: Because It Looks Cool is the reason the movie exists.

I expect the sophomore effort to come up short of the first, because it's really hard to make the second one better. And I'm old enough to actually remember 1984, so I expect my nitpicking radar to be going off like crazy. But unless the director or the studio made an epic blunder, I'll not let diminished expectations or period inaccuracies get in the way of a good time. I can be a critic later; on first viewing I just want to feel great. This is only the second Wonder Woman movie EVER, and we'll be lucky to get one more three years from now before the business end unravels.

I save my on-first-viewing eviscerations for the overwhelming supply of streaming flicks. I can wreck this week's hitman movie because there'll be another one next week.

BTW, there's no chance WW84 will have an iPod instead of a Walkman*. Patty Jenkins is old enough, she lived through the Walkman phenomenon. They're much more likely to get cars or office equipment in the background wrong, either unintentionally, or because it was easier/cheaper and 9 out of 10 audience members don't know better, or because it delivers a look/feel that they want even if it's not technically correct.

*unless there's an altered-history aspect to the plot and they use an iPod to signal how altered history is.

I look forward to comparing notes for all the inaccurate period details. :)
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Not interested in story and setting tbh. Is there peril and perhaps KO's?