Inter Gone Wrong 03.png (1.96 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Inter Gone Wrong 04.png
Inter Gone Wrong 04.png (2.19 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Inter Gone Wrong 05.png
Inter Gone Wrong 05.png (1.91 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Inter Gone Wrong 06.png
Inter Gone Wrong 06.png (2.14 MiB) Viewed 2753 times

To Be Continued
Last edited by McGheeny 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Keep it up! Looks fantastic!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Very good stuff. You can imply a few actions with out actually spelling them out (like having the buzzing noise and then her checking the phone - we don't need to be told that's what the buzzing was) - not trying to be hypercritical just pointing it out to make a tighter story. Remember it's a visual medium so don't need to set everything down in the text boxes.

Really good job I look forward to seeing the story unfold
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

"Very good stuff. You can imply a few actions with out actually spelling them out (like having the buzzing noise and then her checking the phone - we don't need to be told that's what the buzzing was) - not trying to be hypercritical just pointing it out to make a tighter story. Remember it's a visual medium so don't need to set everything down in the text boxes.

Really good job I look forward to seeing the story unfold"

Thanks for the input it is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by McGheeny 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

"Keep it up! Looks fantastic!"

Glad you like it so far. Thanks for the support.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Inter Gone Wrong 07.png
Inter Gone Wrong 07.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Inter Gone Wrong 08.png
Inter Gone Wrong 08.png (2.33 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Inter Gone Wrong 09.png
Inter Gone Wrong 09.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Inter Gone Wrong 10.png
Inter Gone Wrong 10.png (2.15 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Inter Gone Wrong 11.png
Inter Gone Wrong 11.png (2.19 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Inter Gone Wrong 12.png
Inter Gone Wrong 12.png (2.21 MiB) Viewed 2753 times
Bert

The first frame of page 11, with the Knight looking up at the Captain as he belittles her, that's brilliant work!
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
The first frame of page 11, with the Knight looking up at the Captain as he belittles her, that's brilliant work!
Thanks! I appreciate it.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Inter Gone Wrong 13.png
Inter Gone Wrong 13.png (2.03 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 14.png
Inter Gone Wrong 14.png (895.32 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 15.png
Inter Gone Wrong 15.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 16.png
Inter Gone Wrong 16.png (2.49 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 17.png
Inter Gone Wrong 17.png (2.61 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 18.png
Inter Gone Wrong 18.png (2.37 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Last edited by McGheeny 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Bert

Well that's kind of a cruel spot to end this instalment!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Great job, McGheeny! The premise of the corrupt and sexed-up cops being in league with the criminal, leaving the heroine imperiled on all sides, is an intriguing one.

1) Unless there is a specific explanation for it (like to show time passing by very slowly), in a normal comic with action (whether physical or sexual) you don't want so many of the panels to look so similar to each other. It's better to have much more variation in the positions of the characters and the scenes so that the story feels like it's moving along at a decent clip.

Most of the panels in your stories have only one word balloon or one person saying one statement at a time. I'm not saying you should pack your panels with too much dialogue, but you can definitely have two to three lines in the same panel, whether spoken by the same person or different characters. This would reduce the number of your pages considerably (probably almost 50%) and you would have a much tighter narrative.

Anyone can feel free to disagree with me politely as they like, but if you look at most superhero comic books (albeit maybe not the ones with too many characters standing around in hallways talking about their feelings and their favorite foods), you will see that the action is almost constantly moving forward, unless there's a really solid reason not to.

2) Another thing you might want to pay attention to is to clearly denote which panels are flashbacks. You could get fancy and give the flashback panels a different border (like in a cloud or a dreamlike memory), or it could just be something as simple as a caption that says, "Several hours earlier, across the city in a rundown apartment.." (which is a flashback caption I'm using in H-Burgh Issue #2).

3) One final thought: the Knight in her heroine form has the exact same thin body as she does in her secret identity, and she also doesn't wear a mask. Wouldn't the police department be able to easily identify who she is, especially if they have cameras in the police station and the interrogation room?
Last edited by shevek 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bert

Mr. McGheeny, you may well be inclined to take shevek's five paragraphs of criticism of your excellent work to heart. That is entirely your prerogative. But whatever you decide, you may want to first consider the source. You see, shevek is also a producer of superheroine content, in the form of a series of videos. Now it must be said that this forum has been inordinately kind to shevek over the last two years by resisting the temptation to explore the artistic merits of his own work even as he has been quite controversial, and even provocative in his superabundant posting habits. But before taking his criticism to heart, you may wish to explore his work, with particular attention paid to the earworm theme song, the haute couture costumes, the Shakespearian level dialog and the brilliantly choreographed action sequences. If, after taking these factors into consideration, you decide to heed shevek's criticism, at least it will be from a vantage point of informed perception.
Last edited by Bert 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Whoa let's avoid barbed attacks on each other please, especially when the criticism is constructive and non malicious.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

This shows some promise. My main complaint is the lack of a fight scene between pages 8 and 9. Maybe add page 8.5.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
Well that's kind of a cruel spot to end this instalment!
Do not worry, the next installment I believe will be worth the wait. And, the wait won't be long :rolleyes:
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Great job, McGheeny! The premise of the corrupt and sexed-up cops being in league with the criminal, leaving the heroine imperiled on all sides, is an intriguing one.
Thanks for the feedback. A lot to consider. I always appreciate the opportunity to make my stories and graphics better.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. McGheeny, you may well be inclined to take shevek's five paragraphs of criticism of your excellent work to heart. That is entirely your prerogative. But whatever you decide, you may want to first consider the source. You see, shevek is also a producer of superheroine content, in the form of a series of videos. Now it must be said that this forum has been inordinately kind to shevek over the last two years by resisting the temptation to explore the artistic merits of his own work even as he has been quite controversial, and even provocative in his superabundant posting habits. But before taking his criticism to heart, you may wish to explore his work, with particular attention paid to the earworm theme song, the haute couture costumes, the Shakespearian level dialog and the brilliantly choreographed action sequences. If, after taking these factors into consideration, you decide to heed shevek's criticism, at least it will be from a vantage point of informed perception.
I thank you again for your thoughts and most of all for your support.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

ivandobsky wrote:
3 years ago
This shows some promise. My main complaint is the lack of a fight scene between pages 8 and 9. Maybe add page 8.5.
Thanks! The actual first encounter between these two happened in a previous story. I have not finished that work yet but I will do what I can to have it ready as a follow up. This way I can give more continuity and detail on the heroine and the other players. And, I will look at possibly adding a page 8.5. :)
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Inter Gone Wrong 19.png
Inter Gone Wrong 19.png (2.49 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 20.png
Inter Gone Wrong 20.png (2.21 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 21.png
Inter Gone Wrong 21.png (2.55 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 22.png
Inter Gone Wrong 22.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 23.png
Inter Gone Wrong 23.png (2.05 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Inter Gone Wrong 24.png
Inter Gone Wrong 24.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 25.png
Inter Gone Wrong 25.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 26.png
Inter Gone Wrong 26.png (2.25 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 27.png
Inter Gone Wrong 27.png (2.17 MiB) Viewed 2730 times
Inter Gone Wrong 28.png