The Boys (Season Two)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Available today or tomorrow innit?

First season of this anti-superhero show was very good, if you hurry you can munch it down before this one starts. Reviews for this one look very positive and Homelander still looks like a nightmarish super-powered Zapp Brannigan.

What can possibly go wrong?
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Tomorrow ! First 3 episodes out of 8, I think :yahoo:
Last edited by helstar 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah, it's imminent for sure and I cannot wait!! I loved season 1 with all these broken and flawed superpowered people and the rag tag good guys with their brutally simplistic means to try and kill them. It's going to be great!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Am three episodes in and it's very good. I'm not sure it's grabbed me completely, but I like it, and I think it's about to kick up a gear too. Also...
Spoiler
The Stormfront reveal is dark. That moment when you first get to see her in action and it combines with the realisation that, oh fuck, she's a murderous racist psycho (which isn't a huge spoiler I think most people knew that) was properly striking. Like Homelander has moments where he's a terrifying piece of shit, but with Stormfront the moment when you realise that she's casually murdering black people because she can and because they're black, while she's chasing her actual target, I mean. That's fucking dark. Especially at the current moment in history. Damn. I was more struck by that than I was by the scene where Huey is sulking in the whale.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

20200906_114331.jpg
20200906_114331.jpg (346.71 KiB) Viewed 5696 times
These 2 MUST hook up.....Such a beautiful set up....
Damselbinder

Isn't the one on the right like an evil fascist or something
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Isn't the one on the right like an evil fascist or something
Spoiler
In the comic she was a he and his back story was he was a Nazi. They repurposed him after the war. In reality all of these characters were either lab grown or pregnant mothers were experimented on. None of their back stories are real.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

none of those facts will prevent the lezdom Brunette from making love to her new blonde little friend
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Spoiler
She's a Neo-nazi in the show, at the very least a brutal murdering racist. Starlight's more the corporate prisoner/employed victim character... at least as presented... not ruling out trope inversions since I DO find it pretty chuckle worthy every time the powerless anarchist dude lies to her or tries to coddle her in the name of protecting her considering she's by far the more survivable of the two... not that I blame him or think he's a doofus for worrying or anything. You worry about who you worry about.

She's definitively on the 'good' team though... she likes Stormfront's 'don't take shit' attitude at first but I doubt pretty much wholesale that'll hold when she notices Stormfront blatantly murdering minority civilians during villain fights, blaming the terrorists and claiming it as collateral damage.
shevek
Producer
Producer

So far, this is even better than Season 1. Crazy stuff is just happening constantly, and it's only going to get more and more batshit.

Starlight, Maeve, and The Female are all great to watch. And the addition of Stormfront kicks it up another notch.
Spoiler
The nuance of an actress playing an outspoken feminazi (looking very Jewish the whole time, while doing it) who turns out to be
an *actual* Nazi is a level of unique character development that hasn't been seen before. I'm not sure if it was intentional on the part of Eric Kripke, but it links critical race theory (which is racist) *directly* to racism. That's brilliant.
The only thing I could really take or leave is the subplot with The Deep. I know the writers are trying to get us to sympathize with
him as a character with self-loathing issues and low self-esteem, but I just don't think he's particularly well-written or....deep.

Easter Eggs:

SHIP producers and fans alike will identify with the scene where they enter the costume warehouse, and comics nerds will love the rack of comic books at the entrance to the gang's hideout. What would be amazing is if there was a scene (or a subplot) where ordinary citizens displayed a fetish for The Seven...art imitating life?

Very much looking forward to the next batch of episodes!
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Spoiler
The nuance of an actress playing an outspoken feminazi (looking very Jewish the whole time, while doing it) who turns out to be
an *actual* Nazi is a level of unique character development that hasn't been seen before. I'm not sure if it was intentional on the part of Eric Kripke, but it links critical race theory (which is racist) *directly* to racism. That's brilliant.
Spoiler
She's not a FEMINAZI. At least not as so far portrayed. It isn't being a Feminazi to call out a bunch of corporate BS for what it is. THAT'S the part of the character that's supposed to reel you in and make Starlight somewhat comfortable with her to begin with before the hammer drops.

As for the rest of it all, she's likely to be a more notable character considering the cultural climate right now. Considering she's a homicidal racist... and Homelander's 'America First!' mentality, I'm surprised he's as annoyed with her as he seems to be, though the trailers have maybe spoiled already that may be a short lived rivalry. Her 'snooze ya loose gramps'' jab at being the first in line to kill a dude was pretty chuckle worthy
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Spoiler
She's not a FEMINAZI. At least not as so far portrayed. It isn't being a Feminazi to call out a bunch of corporate BS for what it is. THAT'S the part of the character that's supposed to reel you in and make Starlight somewhat comfortable with her to begin with before the hammer drops.
Spoiler
I was being "meta" in the sense that she is both a feminist and a Nazi. The approach to the character is varied and nuanced:
1) she engages in classic academic feminist film criticism when she lambastes the film director for his limited portrayals of women in certain predictable stereotypes (stereotypes which the Stormfront character itself, as written, smashes to pieces)
2) she reverts to classic liberalism and second-wave feminist equality when emphasizing that a man and a woman can do a superhero's job equally well, and that participation should be be based on merit (i.e. a meritocracy - something that today's intersectionalists do NOT believe in)
3) she rails against the corporate tokenism of the "girl power" phrase..and you'll notice that Queen Maeve is absent from that press
conference precisely because as a lesbian, she does NOT fit the easy definition of the kind of all-American "girl power" that the corporation wants to present.
4) and finally, she reveals herself as a racist when killing black and Asian people with hateful relish and abandon.
Hence, she really is both a feminist and a Nazi - hence.....feminazi.

Also note that the wokerati on Twitter have already begun dissecting and criticizing this portrayal. Last season, The Boys' audience was smaller, and since it was not DC or Marvel, nobody bothered to notice. Plus, since it was violent and edgy, feminist media critics tended to not want to pay attention to it.

But now that it has 8 million viewers on its first night alone and has become one of the most watched Netflix series, the politically correct outrage vultures are circling, especially with regard to Stormfront. I saw one Twitter post that warned its millennial following that they might be "triggered" by the violence that Stormfront committed in destroying that tenement complex.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
So far, this is even better than Season 1. Crazy stuff is just happening constantly, and it's only going to get more and more batshit.
I disagree... the narrative seemed sloppy compared to the flawless S1.

Ps. It's not on Netflix, but Amazon.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm annoyed that it isn't bingable.

Disney+ has shit the bed for biging good shows apparently. As soon as everyone else realized they could doll out their crap weekly like The Mandalorian, now we're all screwed.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm torn. I definitely don't enjoy shows as much or in as much detail when I binge them, but it is more convenient. So it's weird. I get like 80% as much fun out of them and I don't think about them for as long, but I do prefer it that way.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

helstar wrote:
3 years ago
shevek wrote:
3 years ago
I disagree... the narrative seemed sloppy compared to the flawless S1.

Ps. It's not on Netflix, but Amazon.
Could be season 1 is based more on the comic but now they are deviating from the comic. Obviously Black Noir is not who we think he is.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Should we maybe drop all the spoiler tags now and just assume that if you're looking in the thread about the show then you've actually started watching it? I respect that people don't want things spoiled for them but we're all grown ups and if you're looking in a thread about a show on TV before you watched that show yet you're still worried about it being spoiled then you might be a bit daft.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Can we just stick with using them - it's not inconceivable that someone is behind or just scouting the thread in general terms to see if there's hot talent in it or something by viewing a screenshot
I haven't seen it yet but I am here in the thread making sure no one is killing each other.
Its been hard enough persuading you guys to use them in the various threads in the first place without you dropping the habit straight away
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's easier to click SHOW than it is to UNSEE a spoiler and anyway it only takes a moment to create the spoiler tag. And with a thread title like this one it's possible someone may think it would be more general discussion rather than specific plot points.

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

When I click SHOW on a spoiler tag, I see very light blue text on white. Hard to read. Can this be fixed, or am I the only one who can barely read them.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
When I click SHOW on a spoiler tag, I see very light blue text on white. Hard to read. Can this be fixed, or am I the only one who can barely read them.
Right click over the 'light text'
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well, I have seen Episodes 1-3 and I am very happy with the plot line so far and the quality has easily met my expectations.
Spoiler
I am loving the Stormfront plot line so far and how they have presented her to us. Initially she comes over as rebellious and mischievous. She's a wrecking ball when it comes to Vought's shoot of their promo video with the military (Not a real base in the middle east... look we are on a set!) and in almost any PR situation she is a train wreck of straight talking with little to no shame. And for a short while we are drawn in by this matter-of-fact bare honesty and rebelliousness to the point that even Starlight hears her advice and even uses it to shape A-Train's response to her actions. We are tricked into maybe actually liking her ...

And then IT happens.

Just as Homelander revealed the true depths he could reach in the botched airliner rescue mission Stormfront callously and mercilessly executes her mission against the "Super Terrorist" (Villain ... the term is Super Villain!) ... err sure Homelander! And now we learn she is a racist and that to her collateral damage is a fun diversion to incur, not prevent!

I particularly liked the most divisive moment (for us the audience) when we see the ominous undercurrent of a power struggle brewing among The Seven. Stormfront takes a bow in front of the press with Homelander watching on from the sidelines, and you get a sense that he sees her as a threat, and you see in her eyes that she intends to be one! Do you want her to be a fly in his ointment at the expense of more "collateral damage", or do you want the narcissistic Homelander to see her off so he can continue his own reign of sadistic cruelty?

To be honest, while I see Starlight as good I do hope Maeve will survive and perhaps find herself again. Despite her jaded nature I can still see virtues in her character that are worth trying to save.

helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Spoiler
Not really a spoiler but... well, in the trailers I think i have seen Maeve fighting Stormfront, so there you go.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Finished episode 3 yesterday.
My favorite line (Stormfront to movie producer):
"....you write all women either as unknowable Hitchcock bitches or Michael Bay fuck dolls..."
:lol:
-
I am wondering what Michael Bay thinks about that line.
...and what the fuck dolls think about it :giggle:

Certainly my new favorite feministic line of all time.

So far so good, looking forward to see Stormfront battling on at least 2 fronts.
She is just as evil as Homelander but in a fight between these two maniacs I would root for her.
But well, I somehow have the strong feeling she might not survive the season...

P.S.: And damn, seeing Starlight in these boots and that shiny pantyhose...... :w00t:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

No response yet to The Boys Episode 4? OK then: didn't realize these episodes were only going to be released one at a time - after the initial three - but that's no problem. Unlike the millennials so accustomed to the instant gratification overdose of binge-watching (who apparently tried to review-bomb the show on RT not because of its quality but because they were angry it wasn't released all at once), we of a more mature vintage are used to episodic television where you have to wait for the next installment in a story. That's fine.

Let's see what we've got for the Forum. Some plot points contained within, so spoilers activated.
Spoiler

- There's some peril when Homelander physically threatens Starlight in an elevator. Good acting by Erin Moriarty selling the shot.

- The second scene of heroine peril is more psychological: Homelander never touches Stormfront yet, but threatens her as well, and it's clear that she is physically afraid of what he can do. She attempts to sexually manipulate him (it doesn't work, quite yet).
Scenes where two spandex-clad superbeings engage in foreplay is quite rare, almost nonexistent outside of SHIP, and it would be great to see that go a bit further (which is why I'm also looking forward to the Jupiter's Legacy series).

- Annie/Starlight appears generously throughout the episode both in her relationship with Hughie (which leads here to sexy times)
and in her trip to discover the identity of the 1970s superheroine Liberty. The only disappointment is that we never get to see Liberty's full costume - she's covered up by a cloak and cape in her main featured shot. Maybe they did that to save money....

- Other hot times include:

Butcher and Becca having furious makeup sex

Homelander acting the milk-drinking freak (as he does) with a shapeshifter (this universe's disposable version of Mystique, I guess) who looks like the dead Madelyn Stilwell

a very beautiful prospective Latina bride coming on to The Deep. Take my word for it, you would love to see this particular actress wear a spandex costume, but alas we only see her in a tight dress for about ten seconds. Best cameo, though.

Homelander outing Maeve on live television (hosted by the still stunning Maria Menounos!) after a banter about political correctness on The Seven. We can only hope that Homelander's quote about Maeve and her girlfriend "scissoring each other raw" becomes a reality onscreen, because so far they've only treated Maeve as a second-class character and not given her lesbian relationship the proper screentime it deserves.

- Stormfront continues to be the character everyone is talking about in real-life social media. And that makes sense, because as a great "meta-commentary" on today's pop culture, the character is created to represent how a "post-modern" superhero would really operate in today's sociopolitical climate. She's basically an edgelord (edgelady?) on the Internet - shaving the sides of her head in the 'woke' haircut style (I see a ton of 20-somethings in my hipster neighborhood with the exact same hairstyle); leading a protest rally with her anti-corporate slogans (and then taking off into the sky in an impressive display of power); and annoying Homelander with her constant Internet memes and her million followers on Twitter (whom she calls her 'soldiers'). In contrast, Homelander is supposed to represent the 'old-school' style of the all-American celebrity, someone who is 'admired' and 'respected' by 'fans', rather than being followed like a demagogue. It's a very interesting rivalry that bodes well for a showdown.
I really hope Aya Cash lasts more than one season in her Stormfront character. Girls get it done!

Still enjoying this show quite a bit, and the fact that it only comes out one episode at a time allows me to cleanse my palate and enjoy all the other sci-fi offerings which were produced before the lockdown (we're going to be coming up on quite a dry spell pretty soon).
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I think Aya Cash is killing it as Stormfront but I definitely want Stormfront to be killed ASAP. Great character, will be great to see her die. What makes it fascinating is there's like a line forming for people who might want the job too, which is always the mark of a great villain, you know it's going to get done, and it'd be satisfying from any number of potential directions.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think the show does suffer from the glaring lack of true villains.
Spoiler
Sure heroes like Homelander are psychopaths but I would imagine some people getting V would be far worse than Homelander on the psychopath side. I know they also brought up the terrorist guy that BlackNoir killed however that seemed fleeting. Its bizarre this world thinks these people are heroes when they aren't really doing anything heroic except an occasional gunman. The whole show also seems rather plodding with few action scenes. I would think Vought would groom some bad guys just to give these clowns something to do. And does Homelander ever take that suit off? He's gotta smell like 3 week old bacon in that thing.

My theory is Vought has some way to neutralize compound V. We saw the drugged up baby having its eye beams deflected in its crib so we know they can deflect Homelander's beams. Doesn't make sense to make super soldiers without an off switch of some kind. There's got to be a reason Homelander is a good little boy when it comes to Vought. Can't just be the money and fame. He can just steal money. What's he afraid of?
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
I think the show does suffer from the glaring lack of true villains.

Spoiler
I have mixed feelings about what you are saying with Vought and Homelander. Something seems to keep him in check but I don't know what. When Butcher's missus protests at Homelander's presence all her watchers can suggest is he will get bored and move on, like they are scared of him. There seems to be some sort of "Mutually Assured Destruction" option in play and both sides are waiting on the other to go too far before going nuclear on the other. Homelander leaked Compound V into the world, Vought did nothing. The bosses at Vought put Stormfront into the 7 ... Homelander did nothing. Homelander basically destroys Blindspot, Vought did nothing and on and on ... What could it be that holds everything in the balance?!

Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I don't see those questions as flaws in the narrative but mysteries to be explained. If they mess up explaining them then we have a problem of course. It is fine for a show not to reveal everything all at once though. There are definitely a couple of people pulling the strings and I don't think we've even been introduced to all of them.
Jay09876
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I'd like to see Maeve meet her match with a female super terrorist
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
3 years ago
I don't see those questions as flaws in the narrative but mysteries to be explained. If they mess up explaining them then we have a problem of course. It is fine for a show not to reveal everything all at once though. There are definitely a couple of people pulling the strings and I don't think we've even been introduced to all of them.
Oh sure, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. It really is a mystery that I think some haven't even really considered yet and I am looking forward to the moment it comes to a head.

bare_thighz
Henchman
Henchman

Binge watched season one and season two last week. I'm just waiting for Starlight to experience more peril. I feel like the series is slowly building some fate for her. Homelander got her pretty good in the elevator. Good SHIP content!
JennyFromTheBlock
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Episode 5 has a super powered fuck fest at the very end of the episode. And yeah, it's hot.

Stormfront even forces Homelander's head between her legs. And yeah. You gotta see it to believe it.
superheroinelinks
Elder Member
Elder Member

The Boys is REALLY GOOD!
Is it me or does Zack from Saved by the Bell look a lot like Homelander?
I LOVE this show!
It's all over Youtube too!

Stormfront, Starlight and Queen Maeve : TheBoys
GIRLS get it DONE!
I LOVE seeing sexy women in Pantyhose, skin tight Spandex, Tights, Leggings, Unitards, Catsuit, BodyStockings, Gloves, Masks and sexy seductive Role Playing Peril!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So the question -
Spoiler
is Stormfront Homelander's mother?
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

superheroinelinks wrote:
3 years ago
The Boys is REALLY GOOD!
Is it me or does Zack from Saved by the Bell look a lot like Homelander?
I was thinking more along the lines of Joffrey = Homelander - and more than just in the looks department!

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The finale of episode 5 was really something! Didn't see that coming... :hmmm:
I wonder how they will come along in the future...after they weren't on the same page in the past.

Also the dog and his fucktoy(s) were hilarious....as his grey-haired auntie the drugdealer named it.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Spoiler
I think Stormfront being patronising about Starlight's ability to absorb electricity was really premature, like, your power is based largely on lightning, and you've just met somebody who eats lightning and then shoots it back. Either Stormfront is a hell of a poker player or she's too arrogant to realise that she just met a walking, talking, hard-counter to her power set. So I'm very much looking forward to Starlight and Kimiko speedbagging Stormfront before too long. I don't think she's going to meet the fate of Stormfront from the comic books because I don't think her beef is with Butcher, it's with Kimiko.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

This show is definitely better cast and better written than any Arrow-verse show. They've also shown that it's possible to make subtle political or social commentaries without being preachy or cringe-worthy.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
This show is definitely better cast and better written than any Arrow-verse show. They've also shown that it's possible to make subtle political or social commentaries without being preachy or cringe-worthy.
And with far less special effects. A lot of the show is just gabbing or maybe the occasional eye beam scene.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
That comparison is unfit/unfair in my eyes.
The Boys has only around 8 episodes, Arrowverse shows normally 22 in one season. The Arrowverse shows have much less time to shoot an episode.
Amazon is behind the Boys and provides a big, fat budget (affects casting and writing too of course).
In comparison the CW is much, much, much smaller and the shows have a WAY smaller budget.

I like the Boys and the Arrowverse shows, but these are fighters in different weight-classes.

P.S.: I don't mind political and social comments from the Arrowverse shows.....

Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
Psst. The guy in the America flag cape being
Spoiler
best pals with a Nazi
is not the most subtle political commentary right now. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's about as subtle as
Spoiler
that guy with the twenty foot prehensile dick.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 6 was another good one.
Spoiler
It's not exactly often that you see a "heroine" rubbing over the crotch of a "hero" ;)
...especially in maintstream TV.
I wonder how they actually filmed that. Was it really Aya Cash's hand? Was it really Anthony Starr in the picture? Perhaps even a dummy?
Spoiler
It does look that Homelander wears a jockstrap all the time in the show, so, perhaps both were ok with "doing" it :giggle:
-
The big highlight for me where the scenes in the "asylum" with all the gifted folks running rampant. Some great action scenes.
All that wouldn't have happened if Frenchy could have controlled himself as the guy was looking at him and then recognized him.

The scene were Annie kills the guy who won't give up his car...is kind of tragic. The fact that she has only little remorse for it, shows that she is far from being a saint.
So Hughie is basically the only "hero" of the show. Most others are more or less mental and often ruthless killers.

The scene were Stormfront
Spoiler
confesses her nazi-past to Homelander were interesting.
A pretty odd couple, an american (evil) Superman and the forever youthful Nazi-Woman. :hmmm:

brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Dogfish wrote:
3 years ago
brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
Psst. The guy in the America flag cape being
Spoiler
best pals with a Nazi
is not the most subtle political commentary right now. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's about as subtle as
Spoiler
that guy with the twenty foot prehensile dick.
Lol, yeah ok, scratch the word "subtle" from that statement. :P

shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 6 is another great one - again, it has its lulls, but when it ramps up, there's lots of payoff.

Yes, Maskripper, it was a great moment when
Spoiler
Stormfront was stimulating Homelander in the alley, and then they both get off by killing the mugger, but it was a shame that he didn't return the favor and we couldn't witness her facial reaction. Would it be a double-standard that a woman can manipulate a man's crotch and they call it "HBO", but let the man do the same to the woman and they call it "XXX"? Even though it's obviously they're having sex in the alley? Dunno.

The scene in the Vaught asylum was action-packed. I especially enjoyed
Spoiler
the new character Cindy (she's not in the comics) crushing doors and killing people with a wave of her hand. I kind of wish she was a bit more attractive, but at the same, she does remind me a bit of the cold snottiness of Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Can't wait to see more of what she does.
I do have two inherent issues with how they depicted the asylum, though.
Spoiler
1) There really was the most minimal security, just a handful of guards and an easy fence for Starlight to burn through. With extremely dangerous individuals, and a need for ultimate secrecy, wouldn't such a facility be much better fortified and harder to penetrate and move around in? And wouldn't they have complex power-dampening devices (like in the TV show Powers) which have a fail-safe if the electricity goes out? Like Iron Heights, or The Raft, or Belle Reve, or even the SHIELD helicarrier.
2) I also have a problem with the idea that they are *still* trying to stabilize Compound V in 2010. I mean, Stormfront has been around with her powers since the 1940s, and she was operating as Liberty in the 1970s, so why wouldn't Vaught have had a Compound V stabilization research program for the past 50 years and already solved that problem? If Vaught figured out the formula in the first place, didn't he and his team possess the scientific acumen to take the process to its logical conclusion by now? And yet their research efforts in 2010 still seem haphazard at best, like they still have no idea why these people have the powers that they do, despite the modern ability to conduct genetic testing.
Also, I don't think this is much of a spoiler so I'm not going to put this in quotes, but a key moment in the episode was Frenchie's obsession with the Golden Girls TV show, and they wind up using the TV show's theme song ("Thank You for Being a Friend"). I think an opportunity was lost here..a much stronger track would have been the B-52's "Song for a New Generation", for the scene where Stormfront explains how she wants to have an Aryan super-child with Homelander. Just my own suggestion, though.

Here's a cool interview with The Boys from Entertainment Tonight, focusing entirely on how the actors feel about being in their costumes. I figured it would be pretty relevant to the forum. My favorite quotes are when Aya Cash says "My body looks fantastic!"
and Erin Moriarty talks about how "certain parts of my suit are wet".

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Am I the only one who thinks Starlights costume (the supposedly slutty one) is ugly? And there's something weird about the way she stands that's just really unattractive.

Is it me?
Last edited by TIEnTEEZ 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

I like her regardless :love: she's too lovely (even with the wig)

On a general note, I still think this second season is an half train wreck, but not for the ideas (which are ok-ish and a good evolution from the first season cliffhangers), but for how they portrayed them ... for example, the Black Noir ambush scene was an everlasting facepalm, the other thing that shevek described ... too, and many others (Butcher and her wife meeting etc.)
Last edited by helstar 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
3 years ago
Am I the only one who thinks Starlights costume (the supposedly slutty one) is ugly? And there's something weird about they way she stands that's just really unattractive.

Is it me?
Yes. I noticed this too. Her boobs just sag in it and she walks all slumped over. She reminds me of most of the models I've worked with when they are on break ;)
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
3 years ago
Am I the only one who thinks Starlights costume (the supposedly slutty one) is ugly? And there's something weird about they way she stands that's just really unattractive.

Is it me?
Overknee boots and a shiny tan pantyhose....I certainly can't complain :hmmm: :w00t:
....even there is room for improvement....

brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
TIEnTEEZ wrote:
3 years ago

Is it me?
Yes. I noticed this too. Her boobs just sag in it and she walks all slumped over. She reminds me of most of the models I've worked with when they are on break ;)
Hadn't really noticed, but could it be the awkwardness is supposed to be from the fact that Starlight is not supposed to be comfortable in that costume, preferring her old costume instead?

Personally, I prefer the skirt on her though. 😁