Looking for suggestions on a potential new character to add into WON/MMP's Superheroine Underwater Peril Film Series

General discussions about superheroines!
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

We are thinking about adding a new character to the WON/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Series and this is the symbol the character which is the "Overgirl" shield would have on her costume...but...our character will not be named "Overgirl"...So the question lies with you fans...What should be the name of this upcoming new character and would you want her to be a villain or a superheroine?
11007321-7.jpg
11007321-7.jpg (92.91 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
Please leave your name suggestions in the comments below and also if you would want the character to be a Villain or Superheroine.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Based on the emblem, which of course feels villainous due to the color scheme and harsh style, there is no way to make this character a hero.

Double Strike describes the logo to me and sounds nefarious enough. Another idea since the logo could be construed to be a double 's' could be either Siren of Satan or Satan's Son.

Other possibilities:
Silent Scream
Scythe
Skull Sucker
Soul Sucker

So now the question remains if the villain is male or female? I'm rooting for male.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

DrDominator9 wrote:
5 years ago
Based on the emblem, which of course feels villainous due to the color scheme and harsh style, there is no way to make this character a hero.

Double Strike describes the logo to me and sounds nefarious enough. Another idea since the logo could be construed to be a double 's' could be either Siren of Satan or Satan's Son.

Other possibilities:
Silent Scream
Scythe
Skull Sucker
Soul Sucker

So now the question remains if the villain is male or female? I'm rooting for male.
The character would be a female...
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
MetaDude2
Sargeant
Sargeant

I think she could look good as either a heroine or a villain. Personally I think she could make a great edgier heroine, and a pink and black costume would look great. Judging from her emblem, a name like Ubergirl could work as the SS-letters seem reminiscent of Neitsche’s whole Uberman thing getting twisted by the Nazis. Of course, association with nazis is terrible, so maybe change the emblem?
————————————————————————
Part time story writer. :thumbup:
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

MetaDude2 wrote:
5 years ago
I think she could look good as either a heroine or a villain. Personally I think she could make a great edgier heroine, and a pink and black costume would look great. Judging from her emblem, a name like Ubergirl could work as the SS-letters seem reminiscent of Neitsche’s whole Uberman thing getting twisted by the Nazis. Of course, association with nazis is terrible, so maybe change the emblem?
Good suggestion...but we are keep the costume as it is..... The key is to stay away from the cw supergirl vision and story and have this character...totally disconnected from nazis and from its original storyline and background...no question about it and have it have a new identity and image...whether she is good or bad.
MetaDude2
Sargeant
Sargeant

jimbobklyn5 wrote:
5 years ago
MetaDude2 wrote:
5 years ago
Good suggestion...but we are keep the costume as it is..... The key is to stay away from the cw supergirl vision and story and have this character...totally disconnected from nazis and from its original storyline and background...no question about it and have it have a new identity and image...whether she is good or bad.
Alright. I still think she should be a heroine, but a slightly edgy one.

Any ideas for powers? If not, maybe she could be called Shadowgirl or Vengence or something.
————————————————————————
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

MetaDude2 wrote:
5 years ago
jimbobklyn5 wrote:
5 years ago
MetaDude2 wrote:
5 years ago
Alright. I still think she should be a heroine, but a slightly edgy one.

Any ideas for powers? If not, maybe she could be called Shadowgirl or Vengence or something.
Very good suggestions on the characters name...as for powers...almost like supergirls and agent "s" from supergirl 7...but still...not yet determined...long way to go.
MetaDude2
Sargeant
Sargeant

Ok, so her powers aren’t like elemental. So it won’t be like Shadowgirl, it would be something along the lines of Supergirl, Hypergirl, Ubergirl, but darker.

Here are some ideas: Vindigirl, Exogirl, Industrigirl, Metagirl or Metalgirl (nothing to do with my name lol), or like The Vindicatress or the Vindicator (although that sounds like a villain name, I’m sorta thinking of her if she was Supergirl but as the Punisher, if you get what I’m thinking.)
————————————————————————
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

MetaDude2 wrote:
5 years ago
Ok, so her powers aren’t like elemental. So it won’t be like Shadowgirl, it would be something along the lines of Supergirl, Hypergirl, Ubergirl, but darker.

Here are some ideas: Vindigirl, Exogirl, Industrigirl, Metagirl or Metalgirl (nothing to do with my name lol), or like The Vindicatress or the Vindicator (although that sounds like a villain name, I’m sorta thinking of her if she was Supergirl but as the Punisher, if you get what I’m thinking.)
Shadowgirl and Exogirl sound good to me and I have a feeling that its going to come down to those go names.....
Folks..keep the suggestions and feedback coming...
MetaDude2
Sargeant
Sargeant

XD Just realized that Overgirl is an actual character from the Supergirl TV series.

In that case, other then the emblem, will the costume be different from Overgirl’s? It’d kinda be a shame in my opinion if it were to be exactly the same. Crossing fingers for more pink to contrast with the black, pink and black seems like a great color combination for a spunky young heroine.

Either way if the costume is largely the same it’ll still make for some great scenes.
————————————————————————
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

I dedided to put this character in the backburner for now...mainly because i don't want to take a chance on offending people because of the overgirl emblem and what it stands for. Also, the lack of partcipation and feedback from this forum is another reason. Again, were mostly a year or two away from this character comibg alive...but for now, I've decided to put it in the backburner
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

jimbobklyn5 wrote:
5 years ago
I dedided to put this character in the backburner for now...mainly because i don't want to take a chance on offending people because of the overgirl emblem and what it stands for. Also, the lack of partcipation and feedback from this forum is another reason. Again, were mostly a year or two away from this character comibg alive...but for now, I've decided to put it in the backburner
Let me get this straight, you are afraid of offending people because of a fictional emblem from a fictional character from a TV show?

Exactly who are these people you think will be offended? The SG TV show used that emblem without issues. Hell, they even straight up had characters call Overgirl and evil Arrow "Nazis". They even aired this on The CW!! The most ethnically diverse, non threatening network in the nation. There are also plenty of Nazi related shows on TV like "The Man in The High Castle".

Honestly, I have no idea what you are so terrified of a fictional logo. I'd understand if you were planning on putting a giant swastika on the costume but this is just ridiculous. I'm sorry, but if you don't like the emblem for whatever reason just be honest about it, because people will see through this BS excuse.
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

HeroineTard wrote:
5 years ago
jimbobklyn5 wrote:
5 years ago
I dedided to put this character in the backburner for now...mainly because i don't want to take a chance on offending people because of the overgirl emblem and what it stands for. Also, the lack of participation and feedback from this forum is another reason. Again, were mostly a year or two away from this character comibg alive...but for now, I've decided to put it in the backburner
Let me get this straight, you are afraid of offending people because of a fictional emblem from a fictional character from a TV show?

Exactly who are these people you think will be offended? The SG TV show used that emblem without issues. Hell, they even straight up had characters call Overgirl and evil Arrow "Nazis". They even aired this on The CW!! The most ethnically diverse, non threatening network in the nation. There are also plenty of Nazi related shows on TV like "The Man in The High Castle".

Honestly, I have no idea what you are so terrified of a fictional logo. I'd understand if you were planning on putting a giant swastika on the costume but this is just ridiculous. I'm sorry, but if you don't like the emblem for whatever reason just be honest about it, because people will see through this BS excuse.
You be surprised how many idiots are offended by things like this on YouTube...Also, I didn't say I was going to abandon this character..I was saying that I was going to be putting my version of this character in the backburner for the time being...because I see this character making its debut between the end of 2019/beginning of 2020...Also, this is my series...and the series has a reputation..a clean reputation and sadly in this day in age...especially in YouTube Land...people get offended by every single thing and also, YouTube has a bad habit of flagging videos...especially if they feel it doesn't follow their so-called guidelines... Again, I have to be careful...and also, its my decision to put it in the backburner until I figure out a way to recreate this version of this Overgirl character in my own way..not the way of DC or CW...
MetaDude2
Sargeant
Sargeant

Aw man. Was hoping to see her.

I only pointed the stuff out about the emblem just because it would be worth pointing out if the character were to be a good heroine (a nazi protagonist would be wierd), of course i expected that it wouldn’t matter anyways and the whole “background” to the ss emblem thing could easily be ignored, just say its two lightning bolts or something/who cares. Anyways, you should totally still do it, and if you agree with me on that she could be a spunky heroine, just do it, don’t change the costume, it isn’t an issue. And even if you decide to make her a villain, really looking forward to the finished project when it comes out.
————————————————————————
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

MetaDude2 wrote:
5 years ago
Aw man. Was hoping to see her.

I only pointed the stuff out about the emblem just because it would be worth pointing out if the character were to be a good heroine (a nazi protagonist would be wierd), of course i expected that it wouldn’t matter anyways and the whole “background” to the ss emblem thing could easily be ignored, just say its two lightning bolts or something/who cares. Anyways, you should totally still do it, and if you agree with me on that she could be a spunky heroine, just do it, don’t change the costume, it isn’t an issue. And even if you decide to make her a villain, really looking forward to the finished project when it comes out.
We shall see...But, right now..its in the backburner indefinitely ....My worry is YouTube's stupid PC attitude and they don't hesitate on deleting videos and shutting down channels if they feel a video with some kind of symbol or emblem sends out a message of hate and etc break their community standards guideline. That's why I'm not going to risk it. And again, I also stated that I haven't gotten much feedback on the creation of this character...especially in the forum (which is why I don't post up much here anymore)..which is another reason why I'm putting this in the backburner... Two people giving suggestions and feedback is a good start..but not good enough in my view.
MetaDude2
Sargeant
Sargeant

Ok. Although i doubt Youtube will care at all.
————————————————————————
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

MetaDude2 wrote:
5 years ago
Ok. Although i doubt Youtube will care at all.
You be surprised...youtube isn't what it once was
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Any character who can wear pantyhose/tights! I LOVE wet tights!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey Jimbo-

I agree with MetaDude and HeroineTard: I very much doubt Youtube will care if you use the Overgirl symbol
(she is actually only called Overgirl, rather than Ubergirl, because the Nazis from her universe were English speaking).

There are tons of Overgirl clips all over Youtube. Even our trusty friend Maskripper put one up on his channel years ago with no problem.
There are also clips of Overgirl from The Ray animated cartoon. I think you'll be fine.

By the way, I'd forgotten what a sexy tight costume that Overgirl outfit was. Both Melissa and her stunt double looked incredible in it.

As for the name of your character, I've got one sure name for you: SINISTRA.
It begins with an S, it's very evil, and it hasn't been used in a comic book since the 40s. (I checked Comic Vine)

You're welcome :)
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Here is one I came up with the other day… An assassin named Miss Adventure. She is famous for leaving her kills in away that they appear accidental, or Death by Miss Adventure (for those unaware, accidental deaths from risky behavior, like extreme sports, auto erotic asphyxiation, drownings, or drugs are referred to as “death by misadventure”)