Fuchsia Fox Question of Power - Feedback Wanted!

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
flirty_but_nice
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Hi everybody. I am posting this thread to get your feedback on what you guys prefer on the topic of the Fuchsia Fox's power. Please allow me to elaborate further …

Centurion and I are currently working on putting a story together based on an idea I presented to him of the Fox's power bracelets becoming damaged, causing them to not give her as much power as the norm. She can still fly, she still has her force-shield (it still prevents her from, say, having a knife or bullet actually penetrate her skin, but it is weaker in that she can feel the kinetic energy from impact upon her force-shield - for example, a gunshot might cause her to recoil back). Also, she is nowhere near as strong as in the past. Instead of being able to pick up and hurl a bus, for example, she now struggles with lifting a full dresser. Her punches, though strong, are not super powerfully debilitating.

Anyway, I have been lobbying for her power loss to extend beyond the single story, letting there be an arc of stories where she is adjusting to having to alter her behaviors to account for the fact that she's no longer on a Wonder Woman / Supergirl level of strength. And during this arc of stories, it would be a gradual process of somehow "righting" things and thus regaining most of her former powers back.

Centurion, on the other hand, if VERY resistant to such an arc, though he says he remains hesitantly open to the idea. In contemplating this, though, he asked me to post here and ask you the readers of what YOUR preferences would be!

Are you hip for a significantly LESS powerful Fuchsia Fox over a several stories story arc (or maybe even permanently) or would you prefer any such reduction in power be confined to just one story, with her regaining her usual strength and powers by story's end?

Please post your feedback here! And for the oh so many of you that just read without comment (which is fine of course), if you could emerge from the shadows to throw in your two cents on this question, it would be so much appreciated by both myself and Centurion!

Thank you for your indulgence. :love:
xoxo
Jenn (aka Flirty)
scwank
Henchman
Henchman

Hmmm. I know it's not much help, but I'm actually good with either . . . I think.

On one hand, I've always liked the depowering angle. This is somewhat similar to that, and the initial realization could be very hot. So, too, could be possible encounters in future stories with non-superpowered (but still tough) opponents she previously handled with ease, but now has trouble with, much to their delight. Could make for some good payback stories.

On the other hand, part of the thrill/shock is seeing a super-powered heroine, as opposed to a lesser-powered heroine, getting a comeuppance, like in "High Heels and Low Lifes" when she got knocked down a few pegs by some regular thugs.

So if I had to pick, I'd say more than one story, but definitely not permanent. Maybe in the 2-4 range, but even in those have her maintain her cocky exterior, while also showing that she is still superior to most of her opponents.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I'm going to agree with scwank and say that an arc of stories (maybe three would be enough to make all the points you'd want to make about such a situation) would be welcome.

I'm not sure I agree with the power level suggested. Barely strong enough to lift a dresser by herself seems darn weak. If Supergirl level strength is lifting something to the equivalent of Air Force One than I would suggest perhaps having Fuschia Fox struggle to lift a single car might be the level you'd be looking at. So bring that on for a short arc is my vote.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
dodosony
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Well, I agree with Scwank's idea -- partly de-power our protagonist for a couple of stories seems like a fantastic idea. Fox may not realize her superpower is not strong as before until she found herself must try her best to defeat a non-superpower bad guy -- the scene that Fox realized she lost part of her superpower will hot for readers. In my view, a trilogy might be good to tell a full story: the first part tells the audience how the bracelet of Ishtar was damaged; the second part presents the initial scene that Fox finds some reason limited her power. The last part ends up the whole story and put the superpower of the bracelet back to normal.

Also, the idea of power limitation may start from three perspectives: restrict Fox's superpower or limit her defense power, or both of them -- like we set up the game account level of Fox back from LV85 (Master) to LV15 (beginner).

In fact, no matter which one Centurion and Flirty chosen, I think it is a great challenge to make sense of Fox loss her power temporarily and get it back to normal in the end. Hope to see the fantastic story of Fuchsia Fox in future soon.

dodo
NoonShadow
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

It's up to you guys, but my suggestion would be this: Keep this as a contained idea. If you want to make it more than one story, it would be a disservice if it came off as episodic. Don't write a story where it plays out like every other story but she just happens to be less strong-make it a story about how she's depowered, she's taking steps or working to reclaim her powers. Let each story pick up right where the previous one left off-maybe it's like a space adventure? Or a globe-trotting adventure? Or perhaps she's facing off against a coalition of villains in sequence?
flirty_but_nice
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thanks guys for all of your feedback. I have copied your comments to Centurion.

So far, it does seem that consensus is for her power loss to not be a permanent things, but that y'all are up for the loss of power and subsequent regaining her power to play out over several stories, in a sort of arc. Such is my preference, too!

Anybody else out there want to chime in as well, please feel free to do so. :)
xoxo
Jenn (aka Flirty)
krispin21
Henchman
Henchman

My be you know my fetish is fem vs fem fighting and wrestling with the good girl beaten.
Of course I love Fuchsia depowered and I hope she will take some beating by some larger bigger titted bad woman who "take care" of our lovely slim girl in every way.
I mean: without her superpowers, beacuse of her sleek frame, Fuchsia is only a thin frail girl, weaker than some curvier larger girl.
That's, of course, only my fantasy
Damselbinder

This reminds me of the "Kryptonite Nevermore!" arc of Superman, where he struggled to adjust to a dwindling power set. It certainly produced some decent drama.

And that's the thing, isn't it? Drama. All drama comes from conflict and change. A major change in someone's personal circumstances is always going to have the potential for drama, no matter who it is. New powers, loss of powers, weakened powers - it forces a change in the status quo. It's all just a question of whether that change is interesting. Does it simply mean that Fuschia Fox is captured/defeated more easily, with everything else the same? If so, then the change seems a little redundant. Does it mean she must learn new tricks, or integrate technology into her moveset? Does she have to team up with a new character, or get support from another heroine? Does it maybe affect her personal life, give her a reduced feeling of responsbility, more time for herself? Might she then *resent* the reacquisition of her full powers, and start questioning therefore whether she wants this life *at all*? Well that would all be very interesting! It's simply a question of what's done.
flirty_but_nice
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thank you for your feedback Damselbinder, and everybody else too that I may not have so far individually thanked. :)
xoxo
Jenn (aka Flirty)