Who is the best Catwoman?

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
DionneStock
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hi everyone and Aloha. Just wanted to get some opinions and ask who you think has played the best Catwoman character for me to check out and this can be in any movies or media.
Also I want to learn how to become a cool Catwoman so if you have any tips for me or how I can study this then please let me know. I need great tips!
Thanks, Dionne xx
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If you are talking mainstream: Julie Newmar
DionneStock
Sargeant
Sargeant

Dazzle1 wrote:
5 years ago
Hi cool ok and why is that please? xx
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DionneStock wrote:
5 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
5 years ago
She exuded sexiness and domination both with Batman and Robin.

Google the scene where Robin is turned evil

she moved like a feline
DionneStock
Sargeant
Sargeant

Dazzle1 wrote:
5 years ago
DionneStock wrote:
5 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
5 years ago
She exuded sexiness and domination both with Batman and Robin.

Google the scene where Robin is turned evil

she moved like a feline
Cool ok thank you will check this out! xx
superotica
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2
Location: Usually in some evil villains lair, restrained, whimpering, awaiting my fate.

I am a huge Anne Hathaway fan and admirer, so my biased preference for best portrayal of Catwoman leans towards her work in Chris Nolan's, The Dark Knight Rises. In taking on this role, Anne was up against the legacy of previous Catwomen going back from Michelle Pfeiffer to Eartha Kitt, but takes the character on a different direction.

I think there was a thoughtfulness in Anne Hathaway's portrayal of the character that distinguishes it from previous iterations of the role. The Catwoman character usually entails a delicious mix of femme fatale, unscrupulous thief and provocative sexual teaser, all with an overlay of playful banter and physical appeal. Hathaway’s Catwoman has all these attributes, but is all poised, elegant and classy, sexy without taking it to extremes. This leads to a subtly in the interplay between Bruce Wayne and Selena, with her style and classiness a perfect female villain to Batman's heroic nature. Best Catwoman costume every, and I loved her black dress in the masquerade scene too!

Check out the article link below which compares the Pfeiffer/Hathaway portrayal of the character under the headings - The Seductress, The Manipulator, As an alluring love interest, The Fighter and as a villain you would root for (we would say barrack for/support). This highlights some great Catwoman attributes you may find useful. Have fun exploring this divinely sexy character!

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Michell ... 32092.html
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

superotica wrote:
5 years ago
I am a huge Anne Hathaway fan and admirer, so my biased preference for best portrayal of Catwoman leans towards her work in Chris Nolan's, The Dark Knight Rises. In taking on this role, Anne was up against the legacy of previous Catwomen going back from Michelle Pfeiffer to Eartha Kitt, but takes the character on a different direction.

I think there was a thoughtfulness in Anne Hathaway's portrayal of the character that distinguishes it from previous iterations of the role. The Catwoman character usually entails a delicious mix of femme fatale, unscrupulous thief and provocative sexual teaser, all with an overlay of playful banter and physical appeal. Hathaway’s Catwoman has all these attributes, but is all poised, elegant and classy, sexy without taking it to extremes. This leads to a subtly in the interplay between Bruce Wayne and Selena, with her style and classiness a perfect female villain to Batman's heroic nature. Best Catwoman costume every, and I loved her black dress in the masquerade scene too!

Check out the article link below which compares the Pfeiffer/Hathaway portrayal of the character under the headings - The Seductress, The Manipulator, As an alluring love interest, The Fighter and as a villain you would root for (we would say barrack for/support). This highlights some great Catwoman attributes you may find useful. Have fun exploring this divinely sexy character!

I am in the minority that Burton's work in the two Keaton ones was better than Nolan's with Bale. My problem with Hathaway is that I never saw any of the feline traits and the costume could have easily been for BatGirl.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

That article link was very interesting and I agreed with every word of it. Hathaway did a great job but I felt Pfieffer overall had a stronger emotional pull to her Catwoman and was the best at realizing the character of all who've played her.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
DionneStock
Sargeant
Sargeant

superotica wrote:
5 years ago

Wow thank you that is interesting. I think as I grew up with knowing Anne Hathaway first that I like her the most but have to say Michelle Pfeiffer looks amazing and is darker and maybe even cooler so will think more about it after watching her in the film. Thanks again, DIonne xx
DionneStock
Sargeant
Sargeant

DrDominator9 wrote:
5 years ago
That article link was very interesting and I agreed with every word of it. Hathaway did a great job but I felt Pfieffer overall had a stronger emotional pull to her Catwoman and was the best at realizing the character of all who've played her.
It's interesting to hear what people want out of Catwoman. I have my work cut out! xx
superotica
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2
Location: Usually in some evil villains lair, restrained, whimpering, awaiting my fate.

Hey Dionne, do you have a preference for the style of Catwoman costume you like yourself?
Do you prefer the glittering black body suit worn by Eartha Kitt and Julie Newmar in the 1960's TV series? This would perfectly suit your sleek curves. Accessorised with the gold medallion around your neck, the whisker like eyebrows and cat ears tucked beneath your tasseled blonde locks, you would look fabulous!

Or the dazzling Michelle Pfeiffer look, with the shiny skintight-leathered suit with these white stitches everywhere. The costume has undertones of DBSMesque styling, which together with your piercing eyes and some heart stopping red lipstick would look divine. You could even include the gloves, capped with claws that looked like an open Swiss Army knife.

Or Helle Berry portrayal of Selina with a whip cracking, strappy costume, with the grand display of cleavage and the slashed black pants, that hung loose on her hips. Perhaps Anne Hathaway's purrrr-fectly fitted matt black catsuit, with thigh high boots supported by metallic spiked heels, and the tactical night vision goggles which flipped up when not in use to mimic the pointed ears of a cat.

Or, you could have great fun styling your own version of a Catwoman costume. Looking at the pictures you posted, reading your posts, I get the feeling you already have the look, and sassy, confident attitude to make a great Catwoman! Enjoy creating!
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

Her presentation and voice acting from the Arkham series of games is probably the best depiction of Catwoman I've seen. The way they animate her movement, from when she's fighting to when she's flinging herself across rooftops or even just walking across a room, is perfect. Her outfit and general character seems the truest to the comics. From what I've seen, the Injustice games also nail her presentation pretty well.

Alternatively, the one that hurls cats at people from the Simpsons is a pretty iconic cat woman. You wouldn't mess with her.
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
DionneStock
Sargeant
Sargeant

superotica wrote:
5 years ago
Hey Dionne, do you have a preference for the style of Catwoman costume you like yourself?
Hi I love how you describe how I would look in all those outfits and like you say I have my costume kinda. Out of the ones you said I like Anne Hathaway's probably the most although the skin tight one Michelle Pfiefer wears is awesome. The Halle Berry one is sexy apart from the bottoms which are too baggy, lots of cleavage though which I can do! Thanks again, Dionne xx
DionneStock
Sargeant
Sargeant

Void wrote:
5 years ago
Her presentation and voice acting from the Arkham series of games is probably the best depiction of Catwoman I've seen. The way they animate her movement, from when she's fighting to when she's flinging herself across rooftops or even just walking across a room, is perfect. Her outfit and general character seems the truest to the comics. From what I've seen, the Injustice games also nail her presentation pretty well.

Alternatively, the one that hurls cats at people from the Simpsons is a pretty iconic cat woman. You wouldn't mess with her.
Hi thanks I have not seen any of those! xx