script

General discussions about superheroines!
bat123
Henchman
Henchman

hi
could someone tell me how to write a script thanks.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

bat123 wrote:
6 years ago
hi
could someone tell me how to write a script thanks.
What do you need help with? The format? Do you need help brainstorming? Do you have a specific idea that you'd like to create?
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
arkane
Henchman
Henchman

Try to answer basic questions.... Who? What? When?

(but If you PM me I'll be glad to help)
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Structure:
1. Set up - what is happening to your character at the start? What do they do or want to do?
2. Conflict - what happens to prevent your character achieving their plan? Can they find a way to overcoming this?
3, Resolution - does your character succeed or fail?
This is the basic 3-act structure of a script, the send of which represents approximately half the script and running time. The first and final acts are roughly half the length of the second.
Identify the plot points, which cause the change to the initial circumstances (ie what make's your character decide to do whatever it is), stop them in their tracks or deal with their problem successfully.
Before you write anything, think about the ending. You need to know where this ends or you'll be unable to put it all together.
Finally remember that it doesn't matter what you write down as a first draft: read, re-read and then re-write (several times) and you'll find that the rubbish parts will get thrown out.
I hope this helps. If not I recommend Syd Field's "The Screen Writer's Handbook". You can use the exercises in that book as a template to create your screenplay.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

If you're aiming for a custom, you might start by asking yourself what you want to get out of the custom, and then asking the producer what they need from you to make that happen. Don't kill yourself trying to make a finished screenplay and then asking a producer to follow it just because that's the way Hollywood seems to do it. If what you really want to see is a brunette with long hair and natural breasts in a white keyhole halter top and purple slit miniskirt like the Ravens Cheerleaders wear lose her vegan powers when a heavyset male villain with an eye patch force-feeds her an In-n-Out cheeseburger, and at some point you need her to say "I'll not yield to any Johnnies-come-lately" (and NOT "Johnny-came-latelys")... but you don't have a good villain name or a specific crime she's thwarting... just tell that to your producer.
Kookie
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Imagineer wrote:
6 years ago
If you're aiming for a custom, you might start by asking yourself what you want to get out of the custom, and then asking the producer what they need from you to make that happen. Don't kill yourself trying to make a finished screenplay and then asking a producer to follow it just because that's the way Hollywood seems to do it. If what you really want to see is a brunette with long hair and natural breasts in a white keyhole halter top and purple slit miniskirt like the Ravens Cheerleaders wear lose her vegan powers when a heavyset male villain with an eye patch force-feeds her an In-n-Out cheeseburger, and at some point you need her to say "I'll not yield to any Johnnies-come-lately" (and NOT "Johnny-came-latelys")... but you don't have a good villain name or a specific crime she's thwarting... just tell that to your producer.
Now that's quite a fantasy...

To answer the poster's question:

I usually just start my script with the general premise and details that I like to be fulfilled.

After that I start the story with some character development. Follows with a build up into the conflict and then resolution. In the script I put actions/dialogues as it happens, nothing too specific. I can't really make good dialogues so I usually let the producer do it.

I usually support my script with images/short videos to help the producer visualize.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Are you the same guy who used to post as open123 and the123, bat123?

search.php?author_id=59936&sr=posts
search.php?author_id=61090&sr=posts

If so, you've started quite a few threads about customs and scripts which you have usually abandoned after the first few replies.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Kookie wrote:
6 years ago
Now that's quite a fantasy...
Clever pluralization of idioms spoken by beautiful women gives me quite the tingle. The rest of it was just framing for that fetish.

Producers don't necessarily need you to write a script, but they do need you to be specific about what you're specific about :)

The Google Guide to the Universe has more instruction and advice on scriptwriting than one person can read... but if you're commissioning a custom video to satisfy a specific fetish you don't need most of that.
endofallthings2
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Above posters are right that you might not have the desire to get dialogue and staging etc written down etc. However, if you do want to make your custom a bit more formal, I'd recommend some easy free script software that does all the hard work for you in relation to formatting and so on. CeltX is one that is really easy.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Imagineer wrote:
6 years ago
I kinda want to see this now
bat123
Henchman
Henchman

hi
just wanted to know if anyone can tell me if they had a custom video made by Ashley graham and if she is any good to use.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Oh dear Lord ! Thats a bit of a sore subject amongst many members here. I have never had dealings with her but several members have reported not getting the video or their money back from her. Browse/search some of the topics
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

She basically stole my money and disappeared. Never got my video, never got my money back.
bat123
Henchman
Henchman

hi
everyone I just wanted to ask if anyone has had a custom from Brittany lynn from sexyfantasies I have had fifteen customs made by her and she is great and has great price range and does your script good check her out and if you want tell me what you think thanks.
bat123
Henchman
Henchman

hi
I just want to know if anyone has had a custom video made at the site iwantclips.com thanks.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

IWantClips is really just a portal by which you can order customs from performers. They are basically just the credit card processor.

Personally, I hate it. Mainly because they only allow 1500 characters for you to describe your custom. And I like to write detailed scripts typically around 8 pages. So IWantClips is useless to me.

Having said that, I recently paid for a custom through IWantClips - but the circumstances were unusual. I had a script I wanted to have made, so I went on IWantClips and sent messages to a couple of dozen performers asking them for an e-mail address where I could send a script directly. Most of the messages I sent got no reply. Out of the few replies I got, most declined - either citing that they didn't do long scripts or else that I needed to submit a tribute in order for them to give me their private e-mail and/or read a long script. The latter seems to be increasingly common. More and more performers are doing short, crappy, concept videos and will not even bother to read a long script without paying them. I guess I can kind've understand that - I'm sure they get a lot of scripts that they read and then never result in a custom video, so they wasted their time. But something about paying someone just to read my script before they will ever decide if it's something they can do or not really irks me on a gut level. So I never do it.

Having said all that, there was one particular performer who is just PERFECT for the particular script, so I bit the bullet and paid her $25 just to read it. Much to my surprise, she asked me to contact her on Skype so we could discuss it, which we did. And once we worked out all the details, I eventually used IWantClips to pay her for the video and just put something like "For script as discussed" in the 1500-word description box.

I haven't got the video yet, but I'm optimistic since she took the time to talk to me about for almost 2 hours. :)

Ultimately, though, IWantClips is not set up for serious custom video orders. It's set up for you to supply a very simple 1500-words concept. And you can't discuss it with the performer. So you basically have to pay up front with no discussion and cross your fingers hoping that the performer will do something close to what you want. It's a lame system.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I just want to thank you, TIEnTEEZ, for such a thorough and helpful response to the question posed by Bat123. It was kind, informative and well-considered...and shows what a friendly and valuable community this can be when it's at its best. Kudos to you, my man. :thumbup:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Imagineer wrote:
6 years ago
This is very good advice!

More times than not, a custom customer really only wants to see one or 2 things and then tries to pad the rest of the custom with all this extra dialogue and action. If you are into knockouts,. sometimes you just want to see Wonder Woman chloro'ed 10 times. Nothing wrong with that or maybe you want some variation of that idea. Keeping it simple works for everyone involved.

But others write very detailed, well organized scripts which are easy and fun to create. So, referring back to @Imagineer definitely figure out in your mind what it is you're really looking for.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thread necromancy!

It also depends on the content producer. Some studios (or individuals) will not even READ lengthy, detailed scripts. They will only accept a short idea or concept with maybe a little detail. Others won't accept anything less than a full script. :)

I've done both, but I am very picky and I find that even my most vague scripts are pretty detailed because they include a list of requirement for wardrobe and content. I put in a list of do's and don't's so I don't accidentally get something I don't want in there. For example, I absolutely hate hats. So I make sure the specify that in my customs.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
6 years ago
For example, I absolutely hate hats. So I make sure the specify that in my customs.
COWER MERE MORTAL NOW WE KNOW YOUR WEAKNESS!
Mens-Hats.jpg
Mens-Hats.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 3016 times
If you have particular poses you want to see it might be an idea to include screen caps from other vids of how you want the scene to look

For example both pics below show BG ko'd on the floor - but one pose maybe more to your taste than another - in which case you can illustrate HOW you want her shot when she has been ko'd - face up face down, lying on side /prone, etc
66_batgirl_cosplay___blacking_out_by_ozbattlechick-d5cczk7.jpg
66_batgirl_cosplay___blacking_out_by_ozbattlechick-d5cczk7.jpg (130.19 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
bg ko'd.jpg
bg ko'd.jpg (17.71 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
bat123
Henchman
Henchman

hi
why do producers sell people’s custom videos where dose it say that they can do that I think it is wrong

someone who pays a producer to make their video and then it’s on some sites getting sold so the producers can make more money of it

the producers should just sell there own videos and not sell people’s customs without there prior consent.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

They do it in order to keep the price of customs down. You can request totally exclusive customs, but the price tag for them is much, much higher.

Look at it this way; asking for an exclusive custom would mean that the $400 (or whatever) you spent is the only money the producer will ever make on that video. That's not commercially viable when you consider the time spent shooting and editing a video. And that's before we even consider the fees of other models/performers/crew who need to be hired for the shoot.

Let's say the total cost to the producer is $750. (And that's at the cheap end of the scale.) You can either pay $400 to a producer who can make some profit selling the video on c4s or you can pay $1,000+ to make the exclusive custom worth the producer's while.
Last edited by Heroine Addict 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

What heroine addict said, when you comission a custom you seem primarily to be covering some fixed costs but I doubt you are giving the producer much of a profit. Certainly in the ones I've had done there is no way that the producer's price (the costs are itemised) covers the amount of time the producer spends on the custom, probably just the admin of booking and set up. So it is more that you are reducing the economic risk of them making something that you specifically like.

And anyway, why you not want other people (well okay, maybe not your dear old little white haired old granny) to see your vision realised?
Zee
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Frankly I am amazed that you can get a custom made for $400. Nevertheless, it is only logical that the producer sell it to the public to cover all his/her costs plus some profit. I once paid 550 for a custom; no real dialogue, minimal story/script and a rather short length. Given the quality of the film, I suspect that it took a few hours to film.
From then on, I always ask the producer to itemize the costs.
Kookie
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

"Producers" makes a living out of producing videos. The price of a custom mostly only covers the production of the video. If there is no profit from selling the video how are they going to continue the business?
bat123
Henchman
Henchman

hi
just wanted to know if anyone has had a custom from a company called torvea films and are they any good.
MAV6666
Henchman
Henchman

Highly recommend torvea! I've gotten at least 7 customs from them and all have hit the mark. They pay attention to your script, are highly responsive, and post-produce a great clip Tell Scott I sent you ;)
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ive known that guy for over 10 years. he's got a good reputation. and as @MAV6666 has said he does good work :)
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I see their videos on Clips4Sale all the time. But it's basically like the same video 1000 times. Maybe they have like 1 customer who keeps ordering the same thing. :)

Their costume's aren't great, though. Bad masks.