HEROINEBURGH Season One continuous update thread

General discussions about superheroines!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Day 3 of Steel City Con was Heroineburgh's opportunity to showcase the new characters who will appear in the upcoming Episode 8: supervillainess Dysphoria (Stephanie W) whose touch causes matter to decay, and superheroine X-Machina, with the powers of magnetism and technopathy (the ability to fix and build things
at high speed). Both actresses also did a great job as judges in the Con's cosplay contest. We were sad to see the Con end, but we'll be back for the next one in April. In the meantime, who knows what evil plans Dysphoria has over the holidays.....
_MG_3329.JPG
_MG_3329.JPG (5.64 MiB) Viewed 5663 times
Attachments
_MG_3338.JPG
_MG_3338.JPG (6.5 MiB) Viewed 5663 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I LOVE it that you are now so involved in the cosplay con community...thats amazing...I am sure ..almost CERTAIN some of my friends were there and in the contest...will have to check with them. Thanks for also letting her know I am a fan! Just something about her and her character reminds me so much of Gaga!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Glad it was a hit for you Shevek
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
shevek
Producer
Producer

Thanks! And yes Batgirl1969, there may have been some of your friends there, especially if they were serious cosplayers - the adult contest was mobbed and very hard fought - finally several amazingly intricate female warriors (including an incredible Daenerys) were vanquished by a dragon in head-to-toe aluminum (or you Brits say, aluminium) chain-mail scaling. Talk about defeated heroines :)

It's because it seems that the best way to get known in the local area is to be around those who already appreciate heroines in costume. We've gotten press articles locally for Heroineburgh but nobody really seemed to respond to them, and in contrast when we target the Con audiences IRL, we get an immediate response. It doesn't translate to video sales, but it does raise considerable awareness.

It was a big moment when X-Machina and Dysphoria (as cosplay contest judges) were able to stand up, mention Heroineburgh and say their character name on the mic in front of hundreds of audience members gathered for the contest, and people were clapping and cheering. That, and interaction with interested fans of all ages on the floor, is what makes it worth doing appearances at the Con. And when the Con snaps their own photos and shares them on their Facebook, that's pretty exciting too.

Here's one final shot from the Con, taken on Friday by the Con's own roving social media photographer. Spectrina (Erika), Fianna (Emily), Etherea (Maura) and Lunessa (Becky) are gathered at the entrance of the event hall to greet attendees going in to catch a view of Episodes 5-7.
steelcityconheroineburgh.jpg
steelcityconheroineburgh.jpg (87.16 KiB) Viewed 5632 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Principal photography has wrapped on Episode 8, "The Liquid Engineers", featuring X-Machina (Steph T) and Dysphoria (Steph W). Now comes the editing and effects. This episode will be ready along with several others in April. Here are some production stills from the final two days of shooting.

And we've got two T-shirt designs! One for Episodes 1-4, and another for Episodes 5-7. Available in
Women's S & M, and Men's S, M, L for $17.99 at the local comic shop, Phantom of the Attic. For those who live elsewhere, contact us at [email protected] if you want to get one or more
shirts and we'll cut you a special deal!
heroineburgh tshirts.JPG
heroineburgh tshirts.JPG (7.07 MiB) Viewed 5561 times
That moment when you realize your touch causes matter to decay. Yeah, I wouldn't be happy either.
_MG_8207.JPG
_MG_8207.JPG (5.95 MiB) Viewed 5561 times
Dysphoria in a contemplative moment sussing out her situation.
_MG_8252.JPG
_MG_8252.JPG (5.9 MiB) Viewed 5561 times
X-Machina in costume and taking charge of the problem.
_MG_8332.JPG
_MG_8332.JPG (5.58 MiB) Viewed 5561 times
X-Machina and Dysphoria ready to battle.
_MG_8280.JPG
_MG_8280.JPG (5.59 MiB) Viewed 5561 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

In three weeks, we begin filming Heroineburgh Episode 9: "Big Electric Cat" (Savanna vs Serpenta). Here's the first public video of heroine Savanna (played by Janéka), taken earlier today and posted to Youtube (for some reason, photos I upload here are giving me the invalid "triangle" right now, so the video will do, instead).

Photos of Serpenta will follow in a couple weeks (the snakeprint dress I had was too small, so we're ordering a new one to the actress' specifications). Can't wait to start filming this!

shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey guys, we now have some preliminary Serpenta photos - meet Sarah E! She will be the evil snake-woman fighting Savanna in Episode 9. There'll be a few elaborations to the costume including putting "scales" on her mask, and some snake motifs on her bodysuit. But this will be the basic costume you'll see. It'll be a battle with lots of bitin' and scratchin' :)

IMPORTANT UPDATE: We're actually not going with this costume. Sarah E tried out a more exciting, more shiny and sexy costume and it fit - we think you'll be happy with the result. We'll post some photos of the new Serpenta costume from production stills once we start filming last week of January.
_MG_8396.JPG
_MG_8396.JPG (5.05 MiB) Viewed 5448 times
Last edited by shevek 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

I Like it
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Latest Heroineburgh update:

Today we had the table read for Episode 9: "Big Electric Cat" (Savanna vs Serpenta) and we'll begin filming in two days. Very excited to work with our new camera crew and our actresses Janeka and Sarah, and we're using some great new locations: a church, a curio shop, a rib shack, and a yoga studio (for the battle scene).

In addition, we did a photo shoot for Episode 10's lead heroine, Jinniyya the Lebanese superheroine, played by the amazing Kristin. She's got super strength and the power to control the winds (so she can fly). Basically Isis
meets Supergirl. Her episode "Reap the Wild Wind" (Jinniyya vs Darbouka) will be shot in March. Here she is!
_MG_8420.JPG
_MG_8420.JPG (3.35 MiB) Viewed 5370 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Finished the second day of filming (out of 6 days) for Heroineburgh Episode 9: "Big Electric Cat". Today was spent on completing scenes featuring the villainess Serpenta, who is the vengeful foe of the superheroine, Savanna (see 3 posts earlier). As promised, we have upgraded the costume of Serpenta to be skintight and shiny, and she looks fantastic! Here's an outtake where she's undergoing her transformation by shedding some of her snake skin, but the actress (Sarah E) can't quite get the hang of how to (sh)rip the skin off. She figured it out on the next take!

serpenta_new.jpg
serpenta_new.jpg (64.63 KiB) Viewed 5318 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Finished four days of filming Episode 9, with two more to go in a couple weeks. In this scene, Savanna is granted an amulet which is turning on her feline genetic powers.

Meanwhile, planning for Episode 10 continues. Today we did a photo shoot for Darbouka, the mysterious Afghan refugee who emits powerful sonic blasts through her drum. Whether she will be friend or foe to the Lebanese wind mistress, Jinniyya, remains to be seen.

shevek
Producer
Producer

This weekend is an extremely busy one for Heroineburgh, with the final two days of filming Episode 9 today and tomorrow with superheroine Savanna (played by Janeka) and villainess Serpenta (Sarah E).

Then on Sunday, we plunge immediately into a table read for Episode 10, which includes a photo shoot for the final villainess - Dyna, played by Jenna - who will challenge heroines Jinniyya and Darbouka. You'll see Dyna in a few days. In between all that, I'm trying to catch a midnight showing of Black Panther :)

We also have plans to film a special after-credits scene for Episode 8 once lead actress Stephanie T gets back from her vacation in Ecuador. The plan is for her magnetic powers (as the superheroine X-Machina) to lift a car out of a junkyard. Always ambitious!

In the meantime, here's Savanna in her complete costume - including her new power amulet and sharp claws - and Serpenta carefully studying the script so as to better execute her sneaky schemes. Episodes 8, 9 and 10
will be released in April.
serpenta2.JPG
serpenta2.JPG (6.06 MiB) Viewed 5251 times
savanna4.JPG
savanna4.JPG (5.8 MiB) Viewed 5224 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

You producers out there know how giddy you feel when you film the very last take of the very last scene of a production. Well, Janeka and Sarah E wanted to celebrate by offering their special rendition of a popular song with two furry friends who happened to be nearby. We're done with principal filming for Episode 9 - "Big Electric Cat" (Savanna vs Serpenta), to be released in April. The work on Episode 10 begins tomorrow!

shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineburgh has plunged immediately into working on Episode 10, "Reap The Wild Wind". We already have several scenes done featuring the virtuous heroine Jinniyya (think Supergirl + Isis!), played by Kristin, and the greedy opportunist Darbouka (Tiffany). The next step in two weeks is the battle scene, featuring the super-powerful henchwoman Dyna (Christin). Then we do some more short character-development scenes (it is an origin story, after all) with an eye on releasing Episodes 8-10 in late April.
_MG_8907.JPG
_MG_8907.JPG (5.14 MiB) Viewed 5176 times
_MG_8938.JPG
_MG_8938.JPG (4.57 MiB) Viewed 5176 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

More behind the scenes fun: last week for Episode 10, we did our first "flying superheroes" sequence (apologies to rklein). Kristin (playing Arabic superwoman Jinniyya) was very patient and did a yeoman's job being filmed on two green screens from every possible position, and she looked great doing it too, as you can see.
jinniyya_flies2.JPG
jinniyya_flies2.JPG (6.19 MiB) Viewed 5132 times
jinniyya_flies1.JPG
jinniyya_flies1.JPG (5.82 MiB) Viewed 5132 times
Then, having edited most of Episode 8, we decided it was a bit too short. So we added an epilogue scene to the end (haven't decided yet whether it'll just be the final scene, or whether it'll be tacked on as a Marvel-style aftercredits scene) that moves the overall plot of the series along by introducing a new antagonist who'll be one of main nemeses of the heroines later on. He's spying on X-Machina who, with her super-MacGyver powers, has augmented her suit to boost her magnetic potency, and she can now lift several tons, which puts her almost in the class of a certain X-Men villain. Hence, we filmed the scene near a famous mural that savvy Pittsburghers will probably recognize from driving through the Strip District.
x-machina_magneto2.jpg
x-machina_magneto2.jpg (41.47 KiB) Viewed 5132 times
x-machina_magneto4.jpg
x-machina_magneto4.jpg (58.15 KiB) Viewed 5132 times
Both Episode 8 and Episode 10 come out in early May after we debut it at the Con and in the theater. And there's new Con news from us, too - not only will we be showing our episodes at our fourth Steel City Con, but for the first time we will be appearing at 3 Rivers Con as well. That one is more comics-creator oriented (rather than pop-culture oriented), so hopefully we'll have Jason Wright alongside us to showcase his incredible art..we'll see....

More behind the scenes reports from Episode 10 next week!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Shooting most of Episode 10 in the coming week, but in the meantime we're debuting Heroineburgh comicbook graphic #3 by the amazing Jason Wright, who currently has colorist work on the stands in Hal Jordan Green Lantern, Detective Comics, and Batman Dawnbreaker. The version that will appear in the videos, and on the T-shirts and stickers, will have the heroine codenames in letter boxes, and I'll be getting that version soon. But here are the incredible likenesses Jason has created - feast your eyes!

L to R: Jinniyya, Arcana, X-Machina, Savanna, Spectrina.
Heroineburgh3.jpg
Heroineburgh3.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 5106 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Epic battle scene of Heroineburgh Episode 10 has been filmed, featuring the characters posing for the camera below: Quingpin (played by Mandy), Dyna (Cristin), Jinniyya (Kristin) and Darbouka (Tiffany). Also, Dyna gets a good shot in during her battle with Jinniyya, and reveals her origin and costume in a video outtake.

Episode 10 will be released in late April, and earlier episodes are available for download at http://www.heroineburgh.com.
_MG_9076.JPG
_MG_9076.JPG (6.43 MiB) Viewed 5072 times
_MG_9082.JPG
_MG_9082.JPG (6.79 MiB) Viewed 5072 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Was hoping you would have been at a huge con we drove to in Kentucky...yes...drove...for hours...over mountains and through a weird snowstorm but we made it...probably one of the biggest cons I have ever been to...it was amazing!!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Sorry batgirl1969, I work on weekends and can only take off maybe four or five times a year. Pretty much restricted to Steel City Con (where we'll be in April) and Three Rivers Con (where we're making our debut in May) for now.

Would like to organize a couple trips to nearby cities during the summer so maybe we'll see about that soon - the only city that seems to have a con in the summer (Buffalo and Philly have cons on the exact same weekend as Three Rivers! Cleveland and Baltimore are in the fall, when I can't do weekends) is Columbus, so I'm looking into that, but unfortunately it's one of those Wizard World Cons which are usually rather impersonal uncommunicative affairs. If we're driving 3.5 hours, I would prefer to have the opportunity to premiere some episodes there like we do at Steel City. We'll see if Wizard World even bothers to respond.

Was the Con that you went to in Lexington, KY? If you come to Steel City Con in April, you'll see us there, and meet our fabulous new booth promoter Tao (who will play a heroine in Heroineburgh's Season 2).

Meanwhile, I forgot to take any stills from our latest Episode 10 shoot today..but here's a great outtake from it:

And we got some love from a CW actress: Miranda MacDougall aka The Fiddler on the The Flash!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
6 years ago
Sorry batgirl1969, I work on weekends and can only take off maybe four or five times a year. Pretty much restricted to Steel City Con (where we'll be in April) and Three Rivers Con (where we're making our debut in May) for now.

Would like to organize a couple trips to nearby cities during the summer so maybe we'll see about that soon - the only city that seems to have a con in the summer (Buffalo and Philly have cons on the exact same weekend as Three Rivers! Cleveland and Baltimore are in the fall, when I can't do weekends) is Columbus, so I'm looking into that, but unfortunately it's one of those Wizard World Cons which are usually rather impersonal uncommunicative affairs. If we're driving 3.5 hours, I would prefer to have the opportunity to premiere some episodes there like we do at Steel City. We'll see if Wizard World even bothers to respond.

Was the Con that you went to in Lexington, KY? If you come to Steel City Con in April, you'll see us there, and meet our fabulous new booth promoter Tao (who will play a heroine in Heroineburgh's Season 2).

Meanwhile, I forgot to take any stills from our latest Episode 10 shoot today..but here's a great outtake from it:

And we got some love from a CW actress: Miranda MacDougall aka The Fiddler on the The Flash!
Yep...I was there...the amount of celebs was top notch..Tara Strong!!!! I didnt get to see nearly all of them it was spread out and amazing.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Glad you had fun in Lexington, batgirl1969. I bet it was fun to hear Tara Strong, after all of her appearances as voice actress in so many crucial superhero cartoons. Still hope to meet you soon.

Wizard World actually responded pretty quickly regarding Columbus - but not to my liking. They said Heroineburgh didn't qualify for Artists' Alley! I told them we have been in Artists Alley at Steel City Con for the past year and a half, we're going to be in Artists Alley at Three Rivers Con, and that New York City Comicon also said we qualified for Artists Alley. I told them that Heroineburgh is an artistic creative pursuit (a live-action action comic book) and we're promoting our own creations (plus we don't have that much physical stuff to sell - just T-shirts and stickers - since the main product is the online video). I told them that we're located between a girl who makes superhero magnets and another girl who makes superhero stuffed kittycats, and we're across from a girl who draws portraits of superheroes and a guy who puts out his own comic book line, and we fit nicely in there, not next to a commercial toy vendor or someone who sells fancy ice cream. We'll see what they say. I'm not too worried about going to Columbus or not, but it would be nice not to be pigeonholed as something commercial, which we're definitely not.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Tell them you are a cosplay group/ professional cosplayer/photographer. There is always rows of that at WW.
shevek
Producer
Producer

We're hard at work finishing up post-production for Episodes 8-10 to debut in April. Coming up we have our first superheroine flying sequences, some new CGI, and more superpower visual effects.

In the meantime, we're looking ahead to the exciting summer production schedule by doing photo shoots and costume fittings for the new Heroineburgh characters in Episodes 11-13, most of whom will be introduced to the public for the first time at the upcoming Steel City Con. We'll be posting their photos on our other social media as the Con gets closer, but in the meantime we'll start giving SHForum fans an exclusive early peek at some of the characters. We did one photo session this past Sunday for Arogya, Chlorina and Pagliaccia, and there'll be another one next Sunday for Poderosa, Frija, and (hopefully) Fenneca and Canis [aka the criminal team Fox and Hound].

This past Sunday, Shani and Sara W had a great time assembling their costumes as the valiant Bengali-American superheroine Arogya the Healer and the toxic villainess Chlorina. Now that we know everything fits, we'll be sending the costumes out to get their logos sewn on. They will look fabulous! In the meantime, the new actresses took a selfie and did some powerful posing. Also stopping by was Shauna, who will appear in the one of the first Season 2 episodes as evil sexy clown Pagliaccia (think Harley meets Scarecrow!). She was so eager to get involved in Heroineburgh that she fit her costume as well, and will be appearing with us at the Con. Welcome aboard, ladies!

Arogya and Chlorina in selfie mode
arogya_chloria_selfie.jpg
arogya_chloria_selfie.jpg (96.33 KiB) Viewed 4975 times
Arogya the Healer. She has the power to both heal and harm living cellular tissue. Call Dr. Maitreyi Gupta if you want the latest genetic research on why the women of Pittsburgh are acquiring super powers.
_MG_9265.JPG
_MG_9265.JPG (5.04 MiB) Viewed 4975 times
The toxic Chlorina. She can emit toxic gases which cloud men's minds. Claire Morena is an ambitious scientist who will stop at nothing to further her experiments in human cloning.
_MG_9286.JPG
_MG_9286.JPG (5.75 MiB) Viewed 4975 times
Friends or foes? Hard to tell.
_MG_9296.JPG
_MG_9296.JPG (6.11 MiB) Viewed 4975 times
And finally we have sexy clown villainess Pagliaccia, who is well-versed in commedia dell'arte. She controls all the negative emotions of her victims, and has some pretty nifty destructive gadgets, too.
_MG_9249.JPG
_MG_9249.JPG (5.39 MiB) Viewed 4975 times
What do you think about our latest characters? We'll be introducing more next week.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Jinniyya flies through the air with the greatest of ease.
(Actually, not really - it took a couple hours to get the visuals right on the four flying shots (this night flight one is a dream sequence) that will be in episode 10. But so worth it - she really looks great in them.) Getting closer to the release of Episodes 8-10 - should only take one more day of solid post-production work and we'll be ready. Trailer will drop soon for the release events to happen in April!
dreamFilght.jpg
dreamFilght.jpg (540.41 KiB) Viewed 4952 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Today we did the costume fittings and photo shoots for Poderosa (the Puerto Rican Power Girl in Episode 12, played by Christina) and Frija (the German Uberfrau in Episode 13, played by Ashley). That's in addition to last week's of Episode 11's Arogya The Healer (Shani) and villainess Chlorina (Sara W), already pictured above. All we have left to do is to fit Fenneca and Canis Major (the villains in Episode 13) for their outfits, and we'll be ready for a busy summer of filming the last three episodes of Heroineburgh Season One!

Now, on to the photos. Here's Christina as the powerful Poderosa in Episode 12. Rosa Perez is a reporter for a local TV station and a single mom with two kids. After the dark energy bombardment, she first uses her newfound powers to speed up her motherly duties. But when a robbery happens while she's on reporting assignment, she springs into action and starts her new career as a superheroine! Think Lois Lane meets Karen Starr.
_MG_9305.JPG
_MG_9305.JPG (5.2 MiB) Viewed 4934 times
Finally in Episode 13, Angela Schwarzwald (played by Ashley) is a millionaire enterpreneur who owns a chain of fitness centers and nutritional supplement stores, and is a major supporter of the Republican Party. She aspires to be the strongest and most powerful woman in the world, and after the dark energy transforms her body, she becomes the superheroine Frija to enforce law and order in the city. Think Jane Foster Thor meets Arnold Schwarzenegger.
_MG_9321.JPG
_MG_9321.JPG (5.14 MiB) Viewed 4934 times
Hope you enjoy our newest characters. Episodes 8-10 trailer is coming in a few days!
Last edited by shevek 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Announcing the debut of Heroineburgh Episodes 8-10: Friday April 13 at Noon, in the big event hall at Steel City Comic Con in the Monroeville, PA Convention Center. Admission is free with the Con ticket. We'll be at the Heroineburgh booth in Artists' Alley all three days. Stop by and meet the incredible lineup of current and future heroines and villainesses, pick up T-shirts and stickers, and snap a few photos for social media.

The community theater showing will happen a couple weeks afterwards - we'll be announcing that soon.
In the meantime, here's the trailer for Heroineburgh Episodes 8-10. Everyone kicked ass. Heroines Assemble!

shevek
Producer
Producer

Report from Steel City Con Day 1: April 13, 2018.

After the debut of Episodes 8-10 in the event hall..Savanna, Darbouka, Dysphoria, Quingpin and Jinniyya gathered for a group shot in front of the stage.
_MG_9367.JPG
_MG_9367.JPG (8.28 MiB) Viewed 4830 times
Back at the Heroineburgh booth..Arcana, X-Machina, Dysphoria and Darbouka greeted fans for several hours.
_MG_9383.JPG
_MG_9383.JPG (7.47 MiB) Viewed 4830 times
Darbouka and X-Machina showed off their likenesses on 8-bit perler magnets. Our next door neighbor at the Con, who makes the magnets, completed an amazing 21 different Heroineburgh characters!
_MG_9387.JPG
_MG_9387.JPG (8.35 MiB) Viewed 4830 times
Finally, most amazing of all, Darbouka met the original Jinniyya - legendary TV icon Barbara Eden. A 'Dream' come true!

Can't wait for Day 2!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Report from Steel City Con Day 2: April 14, 2018.

Fianna the warrior banshee (Emily), Poderosa the Puerto Rican powerhouse (Christina), and Etherea the mysterious mistress of bliss (Maura) made the Heroineburgh booth an exciting place to be on Day 2, as we promoted the theater premiere of Episodes 8-10, Sun Apr 29 at Pittsburgh Filmmakers.
_MG_9402.JPG
_MG_9402.JPG (8.19 MiB) Viewed 4814 times
It was the live appearance debut for Latina superwoman Poderosa, so we gave her a special spotlight. She was very well received by the crowd, and made a lot of instant friends.
_MG_9395.JPG
_MG_9395.JPG (8.77 MiB) Viewed 4814 times
And we couldn't resist this momentous occasion: Fianna meets Fiona! Way too much wearing of the green.
_MG_9389.JPG
_MG_9389.JPG (8.07 MiB) Viewed 4814 times
Looking forward to the final day of the Con tomorrow. More new heroine characters, new costumes with new logos.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Report from Steel City Con Day 3: April 15, 2018.

It was the first live appearance of our upcoming superpowered characters from Episode 11: 'Doctor Doctor' (Arogya vs Chlorina).

Pittsburgh's premier Indian superheroine, Arogya the Healer, made an impression on the passing crowds with her tight black-and-gold costume (go Penguins), her new Sanskrit logo and her bold fighting moves. But her nemesis, the black-and-blue toxic villainess Chlorina, was no slouch in the superpowered combat department, either.

FIrst, the foes squared off.
_MG_9416.JPG
_MG_9416.JPG (8.55 MiB) Viewed 4793 times
Then Chlorina unleashed her toxic gases to choke off Arogya's airway.
_MG_9418.JPG
_MG_9418.JPG (8.36 MiB) Viewed 4793 times
But with her recuperative powers, Arogya not only recovered quickly, but dealt a solid blow to her opponent. Apparently she can dish it out as well as she can take it!
_MG_9417.JPG
_MG_9417.JPG (8.85 MiB) Viewed 4755 times
Then they got together with our booth assistant Tao and Episode 3 heroine Gardenia for a group pose shot.
_MG_9407.JPG
_MG_9407.JPG (8.19 MiB) Viewed 4793 times
Goodbye Steel City Con...until the fall!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Here at Heroineburgh headquarters, we're very excited to be premiering Episodes 8-10 in the local Pittsburgh Filmmakers Theater
this Sunday April 29. With doors open at 6 pm, the program includes a multicultural food reception (namely Chinese and Arabic
dishes); a behind-the-scenes tour of where we filmed Episode 1 (starring Cybrina and Red Gina); and of course the screening of the three new episodes, featuring the heroines X-Machina, Savanna and Jinniyya.

We're very thankful that many of the actresses who play both heroines and villainesses have been sharing the event with all of their friends of Facebook, and that we've also gotten two great preview articles in the local papers. More announcements will be in the offing as we prepare for both our appearance at 3 Rivers Con in May (we'll announce details of that soon) and get ready to film the last three episodes of Heroineburgh Season One throughout the summer.

But in the meantime, here are a few more photos from the April Steel City Con - these were taken by various Iphones during our screening at the Con and the ensuing superheroine action in the aisles of Artists' Alley.

Evil mastermind Quingpin (Mandy) mugs it up with Darbouka (Tiffany) and Jinniyya (Kristin) before the screening.
steelcityconheroineburgh6.jpg
steelcityconheroineburgh6.jpg (72.15 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
Villains and heroines take a selfie with some of the audience that remained after the lights went up following the Heroineburgh screening in the event hall. Quingpin, Dysphoria, Darbouka, Jinniyya, Savanna.
steelcityconheroineburgh7.jpg
steelcityconheroineburgh7.jpg (91.57 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
Our future evil clown villainess Pagliaccia places two mighty warriors under her emotional spell.
steelcityconheroineburgh9.jpg
steelcityconheroineburgh9.jpg (90.88 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
Finally, the powerful and beautiful Poderosa makes friends with both Chewie and The Clown Prince of Crime.
poderosa_chewie.jpg
poderosa_chewie.jpg (63.99 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
poderosa_joker.jpg
poderosa_joker.jpg (58.47 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hot on the heels of our Episodes 8-10 premieres at Steel City Con and at Pittsburgh Filmmakers, Heroineburgh will be out in force on May 19-20 at 3 Rivers Comicon at Century III Mall in West Mifflin, PA.

We are co-sponsoring the appearance of legendary comics creator Bill Messner Loebs (Flash, Wonder Woman, Dr Fate, Impulse, Thor, Jonny Quest, The Maxx..and the creator of Artemis) at the Comicon. Bill and his wife fell upon hard times in Detroit - we found out about his plight from a Diversity & Comics video - and we are helping him get back on his feet. He will have a table right near Heroineburgh. We are going to make sure he signs our entire run of The Jaguar #1-14 which he wrote in 1990-91 (the first-ever Latina superheroine to headline a comic)..as Jaguar #1 makes a cameo appearance in our Episode 10.

Heroineburgh will have a booth in Artists Alley where attendees can find out about the series and meet the heroines. Also appearing at our table on Saturday May 19 will be our Heroineburgh artist (DC Comics colorist for Green Lantern..see his art below) Jason Wright.

And on Thu May 17, catch our newest heroine Frija (played by Ashley in upcoming Episode 13...see below) as a judge for cosplay karaoke at the local Hard Rock Cafe (it's a preliminary pre-gaming party event for 3 Rivers Con).
Frija (aka Angela Schwarzwald) is a successful entrepreneur and German immigrant, a millionaire Republican businesswoman who owns a chain
of fitness gyms and nutritional supplement stores. But she also dreams of being the strongest, most powerful woman in the world and thanks to the meteor bombardment, she wakes up one day with the strength of a hundred men! A bit of Thor, a bit of Arnold, and a lot of raw power.

Heroineburgh will be everywhere at the Con and we can't wait for a super fun weekend!. If you're near Pittsburgh, don't hesitate to get those tickets: http://3riverscomicon.com/tickets
frija.JPG
frija.JPG (5.14 MiB) Viewed 4701 times
Heroineburgh3_final_tif.jpeg
Heroineburgh3_final_tif.jpeg (187.58 KiB) Viewed 4701 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Here is the brand new Heroineburgh T-shirt #3 featuring heroines from EPs 6-10 (Jinniyya, Arcana, X-Machina, Savanna and Spectrina). Available in Mens S / M / L /XL and Ladies S / M.
Out just in time for Free Comic Book Day (tomorrow).

There are three ways you can get this T-shirt, as well as the
previous two designs (which feature heroines from EPs 1-7).

1) Stop at our exclusive retailer, Phantom of the Attic, 406 S. Craig St. in Oakland (Pittsburgh, PA). And buy some comics while you're there. Support your LCS and #movetheneedle on titles you enjoy.

2) Stop by our booth at 3 Rivers Comicon on May 19 where DC Comics artist Jason Wright will be happy to sign his work for you. We'll be there on May 20 as well, sponsoring legendary comics creator Bill Messner Loebs (whose Jaguar #1 makes a nice cameo in EP 10).
http://3riverscomicon.com

3) Contact us at [email protected] to purchase one or more T-shirt designs through the mail.

Happy Free Comic Book Day from your friends at Heroineburgh!
heroineburghtshirt3.JPG
heroineburghtshirt3.JPG (7.66 MiB) Viewed 4669 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

New filming update from Heroineburgh!

Not only are we preparing for 3 Rivers Con next weekend and almost ready to put Episodes 8-10 up online, but we have now begun
filming Episode 11. In addition to the brave Arogya and callous Chlorina (seen above, battling at the Con), Episode 11 introduces
the violent villainess Vaporia, who will be the co-leader of the Black Faction opposing the superheroines of Pittsburgh. When Vicki Vaughan (played by avid cosplayer Valiha) closes up her vape shop for the night, she transforms into the villainous Vaporia. Her Tec-9 is only her second deadliest weapon, nex to the power to turn all or part of her body into discorporeal smoke. Along with her husband Detective Mark Drake (played by Ben Zeus) she'll be causing lots of trouble for the heroines in the near future.

More filming updates as we move along. We are proud to introduce the beautiful but deadly Vaporia.
vaporia_vapeshop.jpg
vaporia_vapeshop.jpg (104.23 KiB) Viewed 4635 times
vaporia_pose.jpg
vaporia_pose.jpg (55.43 KiB) Viewed 4635 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hi everyone! Episodes 8-10 of Heroineburgh are now available for download online from http://www.heroineburgh.com. Check our post in the
Latest Superheroine Releases subforum for details.

We just returned from 3 Rivers Comicon this past weekend. Here are some of our adventures.

Day 1: Fianna (Emily) displays her power in front of her likeness on the Heroineburgh banner.
_MG_9475.JPG
_MG_9475.JPG (6.86 MiB) Viewed 4595 times
Day 1: Comics legend Bill Messner Loebs, whom Heroineburgh sponsored to appear at the Con, signs a fan's Wonder Woman issue.
_MG_9488.JPG
_MG_9488.JPG (6.45 MiB) Viewed 4595 times
Day 1: Bill Loebs finished a drawing of She-Hulk for a fan.
_MG_9500.JPG
_MG_9500.JPG (5.04 MiB) Viewed 4595 times
Day 2: X-Machina (Stephanie T) and Jinniyya (Kristin) strike an action pose in front of the Heroineburgh booth.
_MG_9510.JPG
_MG_9510.JPG (6.1 MiB) Viewed 4595 times
Day 2: We attended the Women In Comics panel hosted by writer Amy Chu and the Ladies Comics Night group from New Dimension Comics.
Amy Chu signed our Red Sonja graphic novels that she wrote for Dynamite!

Day 2: Comicon bosses Todd and Jon surprise Bill Loebs with an extra-large donation from the Hero Initiative fund.
_MG_9514.JPG
_MG_9514.JPG (5.09 MiB) Viewed 4595 times
Day 2: Back at Heroineburgh HQ, Bill Loebs signs the entire run of The Jaguar, including Jaguar #1 which was featured in Episode 10.
_MG_9516.JPG
_MG_9516.JPG (7.64 MiB) Viewed 4595 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

In case you were wondering what's happening with Heroineburgh...we're now in the thick of filming Episode 11. And this installment involves a fairly unique character: an Indian-American superheroine (subcontinental).

Which leads us to speculating why there are no Indian actresses playing superheroines. There's never been one in a major TV show or movie (they got close to confirming an Indian heroine from Cleveland in Greatest American Heroine, but it didn't happen). As far as the SHIP realm, I can only think of two: the mysterious actress who played Golden Hornet in only one episode of Next Global Crisis back in 2010, and the actress Poonam Basu who played such characters as Omega in Heroine Legends circa 2015. That's it.

So we are proud to introduce the character of genetic researcher Marty Gupta, who becomes the superheroine Arogya the Healer. With the power to alter living cells, she can heal herself and others, but she can also cause excruciating pain. She is also hot on the trail of the genetic cause for the transformation of superheroines in Pittsburgh, and her discoveries are sought after by sinister forces. Meanwhile, she must defeat a toxic villainess, Chlorina, who is obsessed with experimental human cloning.

This past weekend we filmed Arogya's first transformation - she's in the corridor of the research facility, sees trouble brewing down the hall, looks around to make sure nobody's watching, and...boom! She becomes the powerful Arogya with her Sanskrit 'A' logo, clad in a black-and-gold costume (we're in Pittsburgh, after all) which is sure to turn heads. Meet Arogya, played by the indomitable Shani:
_MG_9599.JPG
_MG_9599.JPG (6.31 MiB) Viewed 4549 times
_MG_9604.JPG
_MG_9604.JPG (5.51 MiB) Viewed 4549 times
More filming reports on Episode 11 in a couple weeks..but we're also excited to finally introduce the villainous husband/wife criminal team Fenneca and Canis (also known as Fox and Hound) when we complete their photo shoot tomorrow. Also, a new actress will join us to take over the role of cyberpunk heroine Cybrina (original actress Nikki moved to NYC) when she returns in Episode 13. Photos from those shoots will hopefully appear in the next couple days.

Only one more photo left to post for now..here's a shot of our Germanic heroine Frija who will debut in Episode 13 - a female version of Thor and Arnold Schwarzenegger, she's one of the strongest women on the planet. Not only that, Frija (played by Ashley) is very handy at judging karaoke contests. Her she poses mightily at the Hard Rock Cafe after a hard-fought round of terrible singing. Can't wait to start filming her in August!
frija_powerful.jpg
frija_powerful.jpg (73.59 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Excellent photo shoot today! Introducing two new villain characters who will debut in Episode 13: the husband-and-wife superpowered second-story team Fenneca and Canis (aka the Fox and the Hound). They were just ordinary hapless burglars until the night they gained their powers. Penelope (played by Lara) grew claws that help her to scale walls and acquired enough super strength to rip doors off their hinges and battle heroines to a standstill, while looking amazing doing everything she does. She's the brawn! Meanwhile, her hubby Dwight (played by Alexi) gained super-senses that allow him to sense danger, smell enemies coming, pick locks at high speed, and detect loot behind walls and doors. He's the brains! Together they plan a heist right under a superheroine's nose. Will they succeed?

Meet Fenneca the Silver Fox and Canis the Big Dog!
(and yes, some semblance to Black Cat of Spider-Man vintage and Wild Dog of Arrow fame is intentional)
_MG_9499 shforum.JPG
_MG_9499 shforum.JPG (7.81 MiB) Viewed 4533 times
_MG_9519 shforum.JPG
_MG_9519 shforum.JPG (5.69 MiB) Viewed 4533 times

In addition, the actress who played Cybrina moved to NYC, so we found a new person to play the character. For those of you who don't recall, Cybrina is secretly genius computer hacker Sabrina Walters, whose powers include electricity generation and cybernavigation (the ability to turn herself into data and travel through cyberspace). Kay is an avid cosplayer who is eager to make her debut in the role in Episode 13, where Cybrina designs the computer system for the new Pittsburgh Heroine League, while still keeping a eye on her computer coding protege, Red Gina.

Meet the new Cybrina!
_MG_9507 shforum.JPG
_MG_9507 shforum.JPG (8.86 MiB) Viewed 4533 times
It was a good day. More from Heroineburgh soon.
shevek
Producer
Producer

It's a wrap! Principal photography on Episode 11 is done. The episode stars two powerful Pittsburgh women (Shani and Sara) as the amazing Arogya and the callous Chlorina. Here they are celebrating the completion of all their scenes. And we've got more photo stills below from the final two days of shooting.

Now it's time for editing and soundtracking, in preparation for the episode's release in the fall, then we're on to Episode 12.

In the meantime, download current episodes from the Video Store at http://www.heroineburgh.com. Heroines Unite!

Shani and Sara celebrating finishing their episode!
_MG_9787.JPG
_MG_9787.JPG (4.9 MiB) Viewed 4479 times
The villainous Chlorina at the end of her transformation sequence.
_MG_9744.JPG
_MG_9744.JPG (5.33 MiB) Viewed 4479 times
Chlorina's goons have Arogya pinned up against the wall.
_MG_9560.JPG
_MG_9560.JPG (5.07 MiB) Viewed 4479 times
More production still photos coming soon!
shevek
Producer
Producer

We are in the middle of post-production for Episode 11 (Arogya vs Chlorina, plus the surprise introduction of Vaporia!) so here are some more
photo stills. Table read and filming for Episode 12 (Poderosa) begins next week...we'll have some more great photos from that!

Arogya tries to incapacitate Chlorina by using her power to induce pain in living tissue (the opposite of her healing power).
_MG_9701.JPG
_MG_9701.JPG (4.26 MiB) Viewed 4445 times
Behind the scenes cellphone shot (thanks Ben!) of Arogya suffering under Chlorina's toxic gas attack.
36317842_10156005440689093_8262402477656113152_n.jpg
36317842_10156005440689093_8262402477656113152_n.jpg (121.42 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
Chlorina suffers a knockout and crashes to the floor...can she recover in time to menace Arogya again?
_MG_9704.JPG
_MG_9704.JPG (4.9 MiB) Viewed 4445 times
Arogya regards the unconscious Chlorina with concern...she's not fond of using her pain powers unless absolutely necessary to subdue a villain.
_MG_9586.JPG
_MG_9586.JPG (4.35 MiB) Viewed 4445 times
Arogya contemplates her next move as she has Chlorina restrained for genetic studies..but then there's an ominous knock at the door of her lab!
_MG_9715.JPG
_MG_9715.JPG (4.87 MiB) Viewed 4445 times
Epilogue: Vape shop owner Vicki Vaughan closes up her establishment for the evening. Her secret identity as the villainess Vaporia will be revealed!
_MG_9340.JPG
_MG_9340.JPG (8.33 MiB) Viewed 4445 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

We've begun filming Episode 12, and today we tackled both the green-screen flying sequences and a superpowers around-the-house montage.

The episode stars the amazing Christina as Puerto Rican heroine Poderosa..aka mild-mannered TV reporter and mother of two, Rosa Perez (do we have to spell out which legendary comics creator and SHIP video producer that pays homage?). She's got super strength, ultradense skin, super speed, super breath, and the power to fly.

Like a cross between Power Girl and Lois Lane, Poderosa is an exemplary professional in her field, is devoted to her family, and represents a beacon of hope for the Latino community. But she's also not above personal gain, becoming a highly compensated corporate symbol for her TV station. She'll attempt to reconcile these parts of her personality by pursuing the path of justice, and she'll also have competition for leadership of the Heroine League in Episode 13.

Here are both serious and sassy shots of Poderosa from the front and side during the green-screen session. A superheroine has to look good when she's fighting criminals. Also below is a shot of Rosa looking amazed at the power of her superbreath, which knocks a bunch of items off her kitchen countertop in one mighty gust.
_MG_9793.JPG
_MG_9793.JPG (4.72 MiB) Viewed 4396 times
_MG_9798.JPG
_MG_9798.JPG (4.69 MiB) Viewed 4396 times
_MG_9805.JPG
_MG_9805.JPG (4.87 MiB) Viewed 4396 times
_MG_9807.JPG
_MG_9807.JPG (5.24 MiB) Viewed 4396 times
_MG_9830.JPG
_MG_9830.JPG (4.04 MiB) Viewed 4396 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Another excellent day of filming with our star actress, Christina, who plays Puerto Rican heroine Poderosa (aka TV reporter Rosa Perez).
When the dark-energy meteor bombards Pittsburgh, she falls asleep and dreams that she has become a superheroine. When she awakes, she has a whole list of amazing powers! Strength, speed, hearing, breath and (as she'll soon discover) flight and superdense skin.

She's probably our most admirable (and most adorable) heroine yet!

Close-up of Poderosa in the dream sequence.
_MG_9747.JPG
_MG_9747.JPG (6.45 MiB) Viewed 4364 times
Full body shot of Poderosa in the same scene.
_MG_9861.JPG
_MG_9861.JPG (5.58 MiB) Viewed 4364 times
Rosa contemplates her newfound might, and her new superheroine name.
_MG_9907.JPG
_MG_9907.JPG (4.79 MiB) Viewed 4364 times
Last edited by shevek 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Great update news: principal filming for Episode 12 - starring the wonderful Christina as Poderosa - is now complete. And except for the trailer intro, Episode 11 post-production is now done and approved. So we're moving into post-production for Episode 12, and also beginning to finalize the shoot schedule for Episode 13 (which includes the superheroine Frija, as well as the monumental Heroine League meeting and battle).

Here are the last batch of still photos from Episode 12..and we'll conclude the post with a Youtube clip of Poderosa's super breath (sans FX).

TV reporter Rosa Perez contemplates whether to run after the bankrobbers who ran past her and knocked her cameraman down........
_MG_0092.JPG
_MG_0092.JPG (4.07 MiB) Viewed 4297 times
Rosa is about to use her superpowers in public for the first time to put the hurt on the bankrobbers. But is she bulletproof?
_MG_0112.JPG
_MG_0112.JPG (5.85 MiB) Viewed 4297 times
Rosa talks with her cameraman, Pete, who captured footage of her fight and sent it to the TV station...uh oh!
_MG_0135.JPG
_MG_0135.JPG (4.74 MiB) Viewed 4297 times
Rosa and Pete meet with the station manager, who surprisingly has a very interesting offer for her.
_MG_0106.JPG
_MG_0106.JPG (7.89 MiB) Viewed 4297 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

More of the final photo stills from the filming of Heroineburgh Episode 12 starring the fantastic Christina as the Latina superheroine Poderosa.

Poderosa makes a speech at a Puerto Rican cultural event to introduce herself as the community's new superheroine.
IMG_7550.jpg
IMG_7550.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 4297 times
IMG_7560.jpg
IMG_7560.jpg (989.54 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
Suddenly, a crime alert comes through on Pete's phone, and Poderosa springs into action, using the opportunity to test out her flying powers.

Christina relaxes between takes by showing off Poderosa's powerful muscles. This is during the beer robbery scene.
_MG_0146.JPG
_MG_0146.JPG (7.66 MiB) Viewed 4297 times
Poderosa stops the beer thief with her super breath. This is an outtake clip, but when completed, it will be part of a scene where Poderosa blows the criminal against a nearby wall.

Alright, time to hit the hay. Look for Poderosa in November, and new updates on Episode 13 soon!
Attachments
_MG_0146.JPG
_MG_0146.JPG (7.66 MiB) Viewed 4297 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Here's some exciting news. Over the past few months, we've been heavily promoting to various comicbook and pop-culture websites and publications. At first, no such luck. We sent a package to The Mary Sue, figuring a superheroine series with feminist leanings would grab their attention, but no answer was forthcoming. We sent some swag to Cosplay Culture, thinking a superhero series with all-original costuming would be of interest, but no dice. We went after the attention of several prominent comic book sites like CBR and Bleeding Cool, but still nothing.

However, now we're finally getting some traction. Comic Crusaders, a comics/superhero coverage site in Massachusetts, published a news piece about our release of Episodes 8-10. Here's the link below. And we're looking forward to another prominent comics website coming out next week (hopefully) with an interview about Heroineburgh - it's a site that's been getting some attention for its coverage of various political issues involved with Comicsgate. We'll post that link when it goes up, too.

And finally, on August 22, we can look forward to a livestream with the Youtube channel Super Geeked Up, who are also the producers responsible for the very entertaining and funny web series Super Knocked Up (featuring two beautiful actresses playing the main character, supervillainess Darkstar). I'll post a separate thread about that when we get the times nailed down exactly, because it would be great for members of the SHF forum to chime in with questions and comments on the Youtube chat. The guests will be Stephanie W (who plays Dysphoria) from Episode 8, and Maura (who plays Etherea) from Episode 7. A couple of very smart, accomplished and articulate women who are also nerds about music and comics - they will have a lot of cool things to talk about.

Guess we'll see if this new wave of coverage brings some new fans to the table.

https://www.comiccrusaders.com/heroineb ... odes-8-10/

In the meantime, we are preparing to film the battle scene of Episode 13 in a few weeks. This scene will also involve bringing back almost all the heroines from Season One (probably 16 or more) and having them converge for an inaugural conference of the Pittsburgh Heroine League..only for the situation to devolve into chaos and superpower battles as the heroines air their grievances and take sides. Final touches are being added to the script right now: will it be Civil War (Heroineburgh style) or will the powerful women unite against a common foe?

With an eye towards getting ready for Episode 13, today we did a costume fitting and photo shoot with a promising new actress who will take over the role of Devana from Mary (who is too busy with her job). Meet the amazing Mollie: she spent the last decade living in Berlin before moving back to the States and ending up, of all places, in Pittsburgh PA. She is also the lead performer in a fetish-oriented sleaze-industrial band (somewhat similar to Lords of Acid)...so you know she's quite an adventurous spirit and ready to take up the mantle of the Slavic warrior goddess. We can't wait to see her in full battle mode in Season 2, but in the meantime, she'll make her debut in Episode 13.

Here are some shots of Mollie as Devana! Check our Youtube channel soon for her introductory video.
_MG_0211.JPG
_MG_0211.JPG (7.5 MiB) Viewed 4200 times
_MG_0216.JPG
_MG_0216.JPG (7.31 MiB) Viewed 4200 times
_MG_0221.JPG
_MG_0221.JPG (7.07 MiB) Viewed 4200 times
_MG_0231.JPG
_MG_0231.JPG (7.2 MiB) Viewed 4200 times
LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

I like Devana's look! She has a strong silhouette! (And not just because I have that corset too!)

Fun stuff as always! Really love your work and the enthusiasm you bring to it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://luciafilms.rocks/index.html
shevek
Producer
Producer

Thanks for the kind words, Lucia. Mollie says hi! Can't wait to work with her in the upcoming year - she will have a fantastic screen presence.
All hail the Serbian huntress Devana*..she always gets her prey!

(*in the Slavic pantheon, Serbian/Russian Devana or Polish Dziewanna is analogous to the Roman Diana, or Greek Artemis)
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hi everyone! Over the past week we did two more costume fittings and photo shoots with new actresses, with an eye on beginning our filming of Episode 13 - the Season 1 finale - which will be the most complicated shoot yet. Half of the episode features the usual origin-story shenanigans, with our 20th and final heroine being introduced: Frija. But the other half of the episode is 1) a conference of the Pittsburgh Heroine League involving collaborations with five other superheroine series producers, and 2) a superpowered battle royale involving up to 16 different superheroines. Pretty sure both concepts have never been done before (but of course, please correct me if I'm wrong).

While we prepare for all that, please say hello to the new superheroine, Frija (played by the powerfully built Sarah S.). Angela Schwarzwald is a German immigrant who becomes a millionaire entrepreneur, establishing a nationwide chain of fitness gyms and nutrition supplement stores. She is also a staunch Republican, who dreams of being the strongest and most powerful woman in the city..and then one day, she is! Frija also has designs on leadership of the Heroine League. Think Arnold Schwarzenegger meets a higher-T version of Jane Foster Thor, with the strength of forty men. Her origin will be told in Episode 13 this November.
_MG_9467.JPG
_MG_9467.JPG (5.34 MiB) Viewed 4126 times
_MG_0260.JPG
_MG_0260.JPG (5.35 MiB) Viewed 4126 times
_MG_9455.JPG
_MG_9455.JPG (5.28 MiB) Viewed 4126 times

Also joining our team is the unflappable Bridget, who is taking over Valerie's role as Arctica. For those of you who haven't seen Episode 6, Greta Bjornsdottir is a cryogenic physicist from Iceland. She's bisexual but has a cold, 'ice queen' personality around the science complex, rebuffing the sexual advances from her lab partner, Katrina (who later becomes Spectrina, mistress of the electromagnetic spectrum). When Greta gets her powers to control ice, snow and extreme cold temperatures, she (ironically) thaws out emotionally, displaying a sense of passion and a desire to fight for justice. Now she is the superheroine Arctica! Think Killer Frost meets Emma Frost. Will there finally be a romance for her in the near future?

Arctica will be part of the superheroine conference and battle royale in Episode 13, to be released in November. Bridget is already incredibly enthusiastic about becoming Arctica, as you can plainly see from her Youtube character intro. Time to transform into costume as the heroines assemble!
_MG_0275 twitter.JPG
_MG_0275 twitter.JPG (6.68 MiB) Viewed 4126 times
_MG_9480.JPG
_MG_9480.JPG (5.68 MiB) Viewed 4126 times
_MG_0273 facebook.JPG
_MG_0273 facebook.JPG (6.98 MiB) Viewed 4126 times

LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

Love the ice themed outfit and character! We've been toying with making one for a while but haven't had the guts to try it yet. Hope it works out amazing, the costume is already great!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://luciafilms.rocks/index.html
shevek
Producer
Producer

Thanks again so much Lucia! Actually, Arctica has already 'worked out', as Valerie debuted the character in Episode 6 to great effect, especially the forceful and cold nature of her personality. At first, that episode didn't sell as well as some of the others (not sure why) but in the past couple months more fans are picking it up.

We used a combination of video ice FX, 'snow spray' in a can, smoke machines, and jagged pieces of fiberglass assembled to look like ice crystals to create Arctica's ice powers. It looked great and it was lots of fun. The costume has changed a little: the original sleeveless catsuit lost a lot of its silver 'luster' for some reason (probably because of sweat?) so we used a full silver catsuit instead, thus Arctica no longer has bare arms.

Valerie moved back to Baltimore, however, so Bridget is going to be the second actress to step into the Arctica role. She is already super stoked for it!
Episode 13 is going to be off the chain, as we start our table read and first shoot (with Lara, aka Fenneca the Silver Fox) this Wednesday, followed by the initial shoot for Sarah S (Frija) on Friday. The thing I'm looking most forward to, of course, is the huge battle scene, like our version of Marvel's Civil War!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineburgh got a nice write-up / interview in Bounding Into Comics. This time, instead of Dysphoria and Etherea (Steph W and Maura were amazing on Wednesday night's Super Geeked Up livestream!), I did the talking. Thanks so much to writer Jorge Arenas for the awesome consideration - it's a great news site with lots of useful information about comics and pop culture! Lots of superheroines get mentioned. Everyone should be reading it.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/2 ... ew-shevek/
shevek
Producer
Producer

The biggest superheroine conference on the planet happened this past Monday! Episode 13 filming with Frija die Uberfrau (Sarah S) and Fenneca the Silver Fox (Lara, as seen below) continues for one more week. Many photos coming soon as soon as I finish sifting through the dailies (I'm already half done), but for now, feast your eyes on this group shot.
heroineburghep13conferencemayor.jpg
heroineburghep13conferencemayor.jpg (90.24 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
Attachments
_MG_9525 (2) facebook.JPG
_MG_9525 (2) facebook.JPG (4.37 MiB) Viewed 4037 times