Join the #movetheneedle movement

shevek
Producer
Producer

#movetheneedle is a new hashtag created to show the group of comics creators who insult, drive away and block their fans on Twitter (and in comics press articles) that consumer support for comic book sales doesn't mainly come from snowflake warriors (who mostly buy nothing but direct campaigns of outrage) but from both longtime and newly-hatched comics fans who are the hardcore supporters of the medium as a storytelling art form. If you have been a comics geek for a long time, then buy the comics that you like, post a photo of your purchases on Twitter and hashtag #movetheneedle to show your support for the health of the industry. I've done it - you can, too.

Darkdestroyer17

I am behind this 100% Its disgusted me how marvel comic writers have been insulting and waving their finger at fans who express valid complaints about poltical messaging making for boring stories. Then they blame the drop in sales on racist sexist bigots. Much like the recent behavior of one JJ Abrams who stated he wont take into account any fan criticism for ep 9 because it all comes from men threatened by women. Apparently the many women who disliked it are ignored completely. Easier to ignore accountability for shoddy story telling and to libel any fan who disliked it i guess. Pumping political propoganda into peoples escapism is not a recipe for success.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Congratulations to @ethanvansciver for winning this year's Critical Blast award for best artist. It's proof that many critics (and most fans) realize what a legendary talent he is, and a nice reasonable person too (no wonder a lot of people who watch his Youtube channel - ComicArtPro Secrets - call him "Uncle Ethan"). And how destructive the small minority of social-justice-obsessed far-left comics pros are for continuously calling EVS a Nazi and alt-right on Twitter. We're going to be in Ethan's corner, because he has consistently employed the colorist Jason Wright (Green Lantern etc) who is creating the comicbook art for Heroineburgh (and for the reasons above, of course). We are also contributing $1 a month to Ethan's Patreon now.

Keep continuing to #movetheneedle and buy the comic titles that speak to you as a true fan, not the poorly written, poorly drawn
woke pablum that editors and writers at Marvel (and now IDW and Image too, apparently) are trying to shove down people's throats and failing (comics sales of such social-justice books have mostly gone down the toilet and resulted in quick cancellations
of titles).
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's my understanding that Ethan migrated mostly to youtube yes? Which is probably good for him. Twitter/Facebook, etc. all those places where it seems like the same thing as a typical forum but less anonymous are the place where people get themselves into trouble. It's where the nasty 'internet troll' in everyone is broadcasted by us WITHOUT anonymity. (It's my personal belief overall that most people can't be accurately judged on a personal level necessarily by what they write on the Inter webs for the most part)

For instance it's a LOT easier for mister Van Sciber to get fed up with a commenter who was annoyed with a previous twitter mistake he'd made about the subject of suicide with a quick and unthinking 'go kill yourself' than it is to bring oneself to say that out loud (as one would have to on Youtube) so I suspect if he can keep off the 'words only' space he'll do a lot better. I've seen a few of his 'brutally honest' videos floating about from time to time and always found that he was always just as brutally honest about what the submitter did right as he was about what they do wrong, which probably would have 'read' a lot worse if he'd gone and tweeted it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hegelian dialectic
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
6 years ago
Hegelian dialectic
I'd call it positivism in this case but to each their own.
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

Oh you've read "The Phenomenology of the Spirit" then? :)
shevek
Producer
Producer

Here's my second #movetheneedle post: George Perez's Sirens from Boom! Studios. All-female lineup of heroes - gorgeous costumes from beginning to end. As soon as I'm finished reading it, I'll review it in the Comics forum.

Also Comixology has a DC Leading Ladies sales in honor of Women's History Month. One look at the lineup of titles and characters shows why DC is winning the sales race. These are the superheroines that you see portrayed by sexy cosplayers at Comicons, and they are also the ones that appear most often in the SHIP videos. The reasons for their popularity are both empowering and prurient. I think the only thing that they could do better is to give one or two prominent nonwhite sexy superheroines their own books, maybe start with Vixen since she is featured on two TV shows.

Buy those titles - at your local comics store if you can - and #movetheneedle!

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Leading-L ... page/17860
shevek
Producer
Producer

I've decided to keep all further negativity off this thread. There's no point in getting into obtuse arguments.
Only positive stuff regarding the support of comic books and their publishers.