Justice League WW peril review.

General discussions about superheroines!
luther
Henchman
Henchman

I posted this elsewhere but since this area is broader ...

In terms of you peril lovers out there regarding WW ... and this I guess would be spoilers .... no drawn out KOs of WW, but plenty of really good slow motion or pause scenes. There were numerous fights scenes with her and probably some good close ups and ass shots, which GG excels at. Plus she looks smoking hot in her tight civilian legging type slacks. But the best peril shots that I remember of is when she lands on her back and Flash lands right on top of her. They then show her laid out after Flash gets off her. I'm looking forward to seeing that in slow mo. The other scene that stands out is when she is fighting Superman and gets her ass kicked pretty good. I remember tons more where I wish I had the pause button but it just wouldn't work at the theatre.

I think this movie by far has the best potential for peril shots compared to her other two. Can't wait for a really good KO scene of her in the future ... ala Lynda Carter type. Regarding the movie, thought it was entertaining and not bad. Well worth the $$$ and good enough to have a sequel some day. The more the better. Hoping we see more of WW on the tv ... a good solo animation or even a show. I've been really disappointed with the TV Supergirl series. Its like they make it a point to not show any good KOs of her. Literally dozens of missed opportunities.

So hoping for the best and Justice League is a good continuation of WW, who is getting lots more attention these days.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Steppanwolf does head butt her which is good plus slams her into a wall a few times. Yes flash falls face first into her cleavage.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote:
6 years ago
Steppanwolf does head butt her which is good plus slams her into a wall a few times. Yes flash falls face first into her cleavage.
Well, he would've if she had any
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
saxman314
Henchman
Henchman

tallyho wrote:
6 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
6 years ago
Well, he would've if she had any
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just trying to be nice here.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just a joke on my part too, we are all pals here.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I wore my WW costume to the theater this weekend and I am an A-Cup!!! And guess what....now i have been invited down to Washington DC for a holiday event...AS WONDER WOMAN!!! So I think smaller breasts are the in thing now!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
6 years ago
Just a joke on my part too, we are all pals here.
I know. I meant sarcastically. I didn't want to say "what cleavage" cause we're all supposed to accept Gadot.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

luther wrote:
6 years ago
The other scene that stands out is when she is fighting Superman and gets her ass kicked pretty good.
I heard Superman was sort of game breakingly OP in this one to the point of making people wonder why they even needed other members of the Justice League, and I think this sentence solidifies that pretty well. Superman really isn't THAT much stronger than WW, and the fact that she's magic sort of evens out the playing field, so if they have SM just kicking WW's ass with no difficulty that doesn't really transcribe well... not that it wouldn't make for a fun peril scene or anything.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
6 years ago
luther wrote:
6 years ago
The other scene that stands out is when she is fighting Superman and gets her ass kicked pretty good.
I heard Superman was sort of game breakingly OP in this one to the point of making people wonder why they even needed other members of the Justice League, and I think this sentence solidifies that pretty well. Superman really isn't THAT much stronger than WW, and the fact that she's magic sort of evens out the playing field, so if they have SM just kicking WW's ass with no difficulty that doesn't really transcribe well... not that it wouldn't make for a fun peril scene or anything.
Yup plus he's slaughtering Steffanwolfe then flies off to help civilians and Steffanwolf resumes beating aquaman and WW up.

I don't think Supes should have been in this. The next movie, when Darkseid shows up, is when they should have tried to bring him back.
drvoodoo
Sargeant
Sargeant

I thought the film was quite poor. I think there are inconsistencies with superman, In BVS he gets his ass kicked by batman and needs wonder womans help to fight doomsday. In the JL scene where he fights the whole League, maybe they are just trying to redeem Superman. But In the Wonder Woman movie when she fights Ares she seems to tap into her full goddess powers and can even fly so maybe she holds back in the fight with Superman. Maybe they will explore her full potential in other JL films. In the comic books WW is clearly as powerful as Superman. Its unclear what the plan is for the movies.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Early in the movie, WW was hit on the back of the head with the butt of a rifle. Kinda makes one long for the Golden Age years when such a move would render the Amazon unconscious and ending up bound and captured. :)
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
mangog3000
Elder Member
Elder Member

brdiy wrote:
6 years ago
Early in the movie, WW was hit on the back of the head with the butt of a rifle. Kinda makes one long for the Golden Age years when such a move would render the Amazon unconscious and ending up bound and captured. :)
I have seen that in a preview. (Haven't actually gone to the theatre to see the movie yet.) Yeah, that blow would have KOed the "Golden Age" version of Wonder Woman, for sure!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I wish they would have gassed her and strapped her to a table saw but what do i know...