'Supergirl' - First photo of "Reign"

General discussions about superheroines!
LeeCarl
Producer
Producer

What are your thoughts?

I read the New 52 Supergirl run, where Reign was introduced. This is nothing like her comic book counterpart. I almost think they would have been better off calling her something completely new, since she seems to have so little in common with the comic book version of the character.

That being said, I like the "Dark Supergirl" vibe. Looks like Dark Supergirl put on a Black Scorpion mask.
Attachments
DNaX1xWUMAAD5-E.jpg
DNaX1xWUMAAD5-E.jpg (645.07 KiB) Viewed 5385 times
https://twitter.com/LeeCarlProducti

"Dark Maiden: The Trap" now available at SHG-Media.com!
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

They cast a pretty actress, they opt for a costume that accentuates the pretty...*shrug*.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Lovely stuff. Mainstream media is allowed to be sexy with "evil" characters.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

I'm really digging the look. It's not all that different from Reign's look in the Nu 52, other than the mask, which I like. Definitely a dark Kryptonian vibe which is awesome. I'll look forward to her and Supergirl going head to head
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Hate it. Ugly busy mask. What's the pointy thing on her shoulder? High-tech fabric all over (black burlap is all the rage), then a pleather applique on her torso.

No sir, I don't like it.
LeeCarl
Producer
Producer

The first throwdown with this character takes place, this Monday. It may not be sexy, but it certainly looks to be perilous. The character has never bled to this extent, in the series' run.
Attachments
21.jpg
21.jpg (647.36 KiB) Viewed 4537 times

shevek
Producer
Producer

Closest we'll ever get to seeing Black Scorpion on network TV I guess.

Hopefully the fight is destructive and awesome. Two beautiful women in tight costumes punching each other and displaying great feats of strength - what's not sexy about that? :)
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

She cleaned Kara's clock, made her bleed (Bashed her over the head with some heavy metal/ripped up concrete thing with rebar) and busted her head open. Supergirl did try to tough it out and fight back but she was outclassed in every way. I was reading somewhere that the writers wanted to show what a Kryptonian unleashed could do, since Kara is inexperienced and Clark is always holding back, the idea was to show Reign as just not caring if she hurt people with her powers and attacking with the raw power available to her.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yeah, that was truly one hell of a beat down, the likes of which we've never seen on SG before. Perhaps the closest would be at the hands of Vartox during the pilot episode, but this one is more brutal.

I hope SG just doesn't gain super martial arts powers or something and easily beats Reign next time they meet.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I haven't watched this one yet...any headlocks or camel clutches? I would love to see Supes put into a killer submission hold, maybe the camel clutch from behind while being hit with laser eye beams.....
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

I think the beat down of Supergirl by Reign was because she is a genetically modified Kryptonian, and therefore, stronger, faster, and smarter.

btw, there was a (too) quick shot of SG kneeling before Reign, her head bows and arms go back.
Kneel before Reign.jpg
Kneel before Reign.jpg (52.55 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
Last edited by ksire_99 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
luther
Henchman
Henchman

By far the best KO/peril episode yet of the entire series. It only took them three years to show the entire knockout from beginning to end with as close to a money shot as you can get. Guess asking for an upskirt KO would a bit much and probably take ten years. Finally in the WW/LC ko and peril category. So many missed chances before. Lets hope for the best in 2018.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Certainly I applaud the KO battle scene in this episode. It was epic, however, luther, I have to wonder when the last time you actually looked at the WW/LC series for instances of real peril other than gas ko's. The number of beat downs and fights that the SG show has included so far absolutely surpasses the number of good fight scenes in the 70s series. By a significant number. I'm not disparaging the LC series but give this SG show its proper due.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
LeeCarl
Producer
Producer

I tried to upload some pics of the fight that i took via screencaps, but the forum's editor didn't want to take them. Seems to be working, today, though.
Attachments
Headbutt1.jpg
Headbutt1.jpg (190.22 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Ground.jpg
Ground.jpg (224.09 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Face.jpg
Face.jpg (210.07 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Fall0.jpg
Fall0.jpg (218.76 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Fall2.jpg
Fall2.jpg (180.14 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Rubble.jpg
Rubble.jpg (225.59 KiB) Viewed 4026 times

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Thanks, Lee, these are great!

JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

The closest thing Berlanti et al will come to Clockwork Orange style ultra violence....
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

JennyFromTheBlock
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Between the overwhelming physical domination, the wicked kick to the uterus, the heat vision to the chest of Supergirl, the resulting costume destruction, as well as the utter helplessness of Supergirl on the rooftop, she was utterly defeated.

The best part was that no Kryptonite was involved. It was defeat at the hands of a truly superior woman.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The funny part was if they had sent Mon-El or J'onn J'onz with a certain green rock, then the fight would have been over in seconds the other way. But here you have Supergirl's ego getting the better of her since she had defeated her cousin, she thought she could take on another from her home world. The first time since the pilot where she was dominated purely by force and not trickery.
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Looking way too deeply into the science of it. How come getting hit with concrete and rebar made her bleed instead of breaking the concrete and rebar?

:-)
LeeCarl
Producer
Producer

vnv7272 wrote:
6 years ago
Looking way too deeply into the science of it. How come getting hit with concrete and rebar made her bleed instead of breaking the concrete and rebar?

Reign isn't just Kryptonian. She's a bio engineered weapon. It's reasonable to assume she's more powerful than a normal Kryptonian. And a normal Kryptonian's invulnerability is dependent on the amount of solar radiation in their cells. In a fight that tough, every hit she takes saps a fair amount of that energy. By that point, i think it's more than reasonable to assume that Supergirl's enhanced durability had been compromised the depletion of that solar energy throughout the fight.

This also accounts for why she couldn't fly at the end of the fight, when Reign dropped her (Or that could be just because she was on the verge of passing out as she fell).

As for Visitor wanting to know why Mon-El or J'onn didn't come with Kryptonite...at this point, all of the Kryptonite is wherever Superman chose to hide it, when they entrusted it to him in season 2.

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

vnv7272 wrote:
6 years ago

My answer would be like when Supergirl's powers got used up when fighting Red Tornado and with Lillian's power-draining helmet, her fight with Reign used up so much of her energy that she was then capable of being cut and injured.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

LeeCarl wrote:
6 years ago
What are your thoughts?

I read the New 52 Supergirl run, where Reign was introduced. This is nothing like her comic book counterpart. I almost think they would have been better off calling her something completely new, since she seems to have so little in common with the comic book version of the character.

That being said, I like the "Dark Supergirl" vibe. Looks like Dark Supergirl put on a Black Scorpion mask.
A female version of the eradicator would have been more applicable.