Superheroine webcomics

shevek
Producer
Producer

Very good links! Don't be afraid to post samples..people get more excited to link when they see good visual examples.

I've already reviewed a couple of cool superheroine webcomics (Spinnerette and Miss Melee) so check those threads out as well. Miss Melee is one of several interesting superheroine comics from Collective of Heroes which also hosts Grrl Power and Gynostar. Another great web series I can recommend (popular enough, once again, to have generated several tpbs) is Star Power..I was going to get to that pretty soon anyway.''

G-Girl is actually one of the lesser-known heroines who is part of the Heroic Publishing stable..a long-running comics company who (not unlike the somewhat better known AC Comics and Fem Force) have quietly been putting out great superheroine comics (in a sexy good-girl style reminiscent of
the 70s/80s) for the better part of two decades. I've wanted to get around to doing a thread of them (and such superheroines as Flare, Icicle, Sparkplug and Tigress) and will eventually do so. G-Girl is just the tip of their iceberg!

I'll check out these links and report back a bit..unless of course you feel like doing so first. Thanks for contributing!

First report:
Already familiar with G-Girl and Grrl Power, so I checked out Sidekick Girl and Fusion. Great stuff - would love to see cosplay and live action versions of these stories!

Sidekick Girl is about a girl named Val who goes to "superhero school" but doesn't have any flashy powers so she finds a job as a sidekick.
She is very average looking herself, and doesn't even bother to have a costume per se. The superheroine she works for, however, is the super sexy
Illumina (pictured below). And there are also lots of great-looking superheroines in the comics as well. The art started out a bit iffy but it gets better
and better as the characters progress. Illumina is a major hottie!
illumina1.jpg
illumina1.jpg (722.06 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
illumina2.jpg
illumina2.jpg (224.9 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
Meanwhile, Fusion is about a young woman who has fused with an extradimensional being she calls "Bob". When powered up, Bob gives her the means to derive energy from anything she touches, from which she can form her costume, incinerate any bullet that comes near her, fly at top speed, and so on. For some reason, her creator has made her a Cambodian orphan raised by American adoptive parents (I've only read the first five issues so far, so I'm not sure how that gains relevance yet), so she's Asian. She is very cute, intelligent, sassy and independent-thinking..brings to mind what Kamala Khan would be like if she was written for pure entertainment value and not for politics (don't anyone start, please..). So yes, I've got a crush :)
In the few issues that I've read so far, we don't really ever get to see how she directly transforms, not even in a transformation scene. As a big transformation fan, I'd like to see that, but otherwise than that I'm very impressed. The writer has populated her world with some great characters, many of whom are takeoffs on mainly DC heroes: "Stupendous Man" is very much like a black Superman; "The Brooder" is like Batman but more annoying; "The Riveter" is like Wonder Woman meets Iron Man; "Psy Girl" is like Saturn Girl, and so on.

fusion1.jpg
fusion1.jpg (581.74 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
fusion2.jpg
fusion2.jpg (639.93 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
Last edited by shevek 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Cool contributions! Been familiar with Dasien for quite a while as a character on DeviantArt but never read her comics, I will check that out.
I'm already familiar with Satin Steele, she's one of the great muscle-woman/muscle-growth heroines written by David Matthew, who has also created
Tetsuko and (my favorite) Dyna (who always has amazing transformation scenes). Will check out the other two!

Don't have much more time right now but my initial impression of Boob Girl is like a politically incorrect cross between Power Girl and Empowered.
Looks pretty hot and will check out a lot more of it soon.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

To be honest with you I only read a few pages, I am more book-in-hands type.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Oh, I prefer TPBs too by far, that's why I've been coming somewhat late to the webcomics thing. But it's a big genre and it's only getting bigger.