SHIB Forum

General discussions about superheroines!
Ator
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Hey Mighty...don't know if you've been by the SHIB Forum lately...Ken posted in the Off Topic thread that he's considering shutting down the SHIB Forum as maintaining the site has become more than he can handle with his current workload...Plus...his forum format is so outdated it's pathetic.

He was looking for suggestions as to the easiest way he could relaunch the forum in a newer format and then step away as moderator and sole membership approval guy. He said that he hopes to get a format that has automated member approval, as that takes up the majority of his time and upkeep.

I suggested he look at your phpbb format for the upgrade...but I wasn't sure if the membership approval was fully automated or not. Mr. X over there has volunteered to sign on as moderator for Ken IF he was successfully able to make the leap to a newer message board format. Otherwise...it may just go away for good.

Perhaps you could pop over there and offer any suggestions you might have as to the best way to make the transition. I'd hate to see it go...nostalgia and all!!

Anyways...keep up the great work...and your board ROCKZ!
Guess what! I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cow bell!

-Bruce Dickinson
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, oddly enough, the biggest chore with this board is user approval! You can automate it but you'll get blasted by spam. Spammers know how to get around the PHPBB process and it's well documented.

So the only thing you can do is approve manually when you get the time and sometimes it can take up to an hour a day. That's a lot of time when you don't have much! If your board is popular, you get blasted by up to 100 of emails a day from spammers. It's a lot. Spammers go hunting for phpbb boards, apparently.

So if the approval process isn't something that a person is willing to take on, I wouldn't recommend switching to PHPBB for approval automation. It's not going to be any easier.

MH
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

FYI, the forum link icon on the front page of the hypnoticsworld.com needs to be updated.
Attachments
oldlink.gif
oldlink.gif (265.22 KiB) Viewed 5795 times
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

You fixed it, THANK YOU!
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, it's pointing to the correct URL now :)

MH
ginko
Neophyte
Neophyte

Anyone know what happened over at SHIB? Looks like it's gone?
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Do you mean KKY's forum? He recently upgraded the old forum into a new PHPBB 3 version....

You can find it HERE
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

I think he means the original website. It's down but it's been dead for years for some reason. Only Ken knows why he stopped doing anything with it. The forum lives though.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
flagonforge
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

does anyone know what happened to this superheroine in bondage forum: http://forum.shib.net/phpbb3/? it was another site I used to read and lately it seems to be a dead site.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'll contact KKY and see what's up.
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

This is what I get.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql.shib.net' (4) [2003]

BACKTRACE

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 93
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/common.php
LINE: 108
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_connect()

FILE: [ROOT]/index.php
LINE: 20
CALL: include('[ROOT]/common.php')
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Mebbe someone forgot to renew the domain, or something...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes I contacted KKY. He said he'll look into it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well he said the sql server crashed. So he'll get to it at some point.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Thought that place died a long time ago, seemed like nothing was ever updated for months/years at a time.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I posted updates in the forum all the time.
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

Good to hear. I thought the trouble was my PC or browser.
flagonforge
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

site's still down - any updates? I typically use that to piggy back onto the Wizard's Lair.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

No idea. He'll get to it when he gets to it.