New Phoenix Filmworks' Powercat

Superheroine Clips & Pictures Here! No copyright infringement, please.
gamepal
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I remembered this site when it was still around, but only of the pictures I've seen. From what I could tell it seemed like a cool site, and the creator seemed to have a keen eye for storytelling and beautiful superheroine leading roles. One character that stood out to me was Powercat.
PowerCatSupermodels4aa.jpg
PowerCatSupermodels4aa.jpg (130.92 KiB) Viewed 122129 times
Like my last drawing, I decided to draw her character in my style. It looked like there were a few design changes and different actresses playing the role, so I wanted to try and combine some of those designs. I hope you guys like it!
Powercat_2.png
Powercat_2.png (6.44 MiB) Viewed 122129 times
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

That's great, congrats !
Villain
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Do you have any other newphx photos or dvds? I've been looking online for those for awhile.
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Black Talon
Attachments
BlackTalon.jpg
BlackTalon.jpg (103.12 KiB) Viewed 121887 times
blacktalon_still.jpg
blacktalon_still.jpg (73.66 KiB) Viewed 121887 times
BLACKTALON20094.jpg
BLACKTALON20094.jpg (72.58 KiB) Viewed 121887 times
BlackTalonDVDStill001.jpg
BlackTalonDVDStill001.jpg (38.92 KiB) Viewed 121887 times
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Good ole Powercat
Attachments
powercat1b47.jpg
powercat1b47.jpg (21.36 KiB) Viewed 121884 times
powercatee70.jpg
powercatee70.jpg (12.91 KiB) Viewed 121884 times
powercatescape.jpg
powercatescape.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 121884 times
PowerCatexit_122_514lo.jpg
PowerCatexit_122_514lo.jpg (16.29 KiB) Viewed 121884 times
PowerCatmercy2_122_408lo.jpg
PowerCatmercy2_122_408lo.jpg (23.3 KiB) Viewed 121884 times
PowerCatmercy3_122_371lo.jpg
PowerCatmercy3_122_371lo.jpg (19.75 KiB) Viewed 121884 times
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Powercat
Attachments
PowerCatsecurity_122_577lo.jpg
PowerCatsecurity_122_577lo.jpg (21.72 KiB) Viewed 121880 times
PowerCatsecurity2_122_553lo.jpg
PowerCatsecurity2_122_553lo.jpg (20.17 KiB) Viewed 121880 times
PowerCatspy4_122_363lo.jpg
PowerCatspy4_122_363lo.jpg (15.74 KiB) Viewed 121880 times
PowerCatSupermodels4a.jpg
PowerCatSupermodels4a.jpg (373.35 KiB) Viewed 121880 times
PowerCatwalk_122_519lo.jpg
PowerCatwalk_122_519lo.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 121880 times
PowerCatwalk_122_519lo.jpg
PowerCatwalk_122_519lo.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 121880 times
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

I loved Andy was doing! He always tried to tell a story, although the last thing was a little weak in plot!
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

He had some real nice chloroform scenes too. The girls he had were super hot too with amazing bodies. I think they were mostly all ASU students.
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

Yes the girls were hot and some could really act!
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

xxxwarriorxxx wrote:He had some real nice chloroform scenes too. The girls he had were super hot too with amazing bodies. I think they were mostly all ASU students.
Yes, you're correct in that some were ASU students and one or two were on the gymnastics team. He had potential to be really good as he was doing some awesome stuff at the time. We communicated fairly often about his projects, but I think his downfall came as a result of shady business practices and bad membership ideas.....ie, the pay up front for projects down the line strategy that just didn't work. On top of certain promises of models getting 'contracts' that never happened. Anyway, for all his potential with unique characters and hot models, he became his own worst enemy with his bold promises and bad business practices, in my opinion. Not to mention his huge ego. It was good while it lasted though
Villain
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Thanks Flash!
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

I have heard people talk about his ego before but he was always super nice to me and very supportive of my writing! We talking about doing something together, he offered to buy the last script I wrote! Unfortunately from my understanding the piracy was really killing him! I even have one of the Retrogirl costumes!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Pretty sure I would give a lung to have all those videos.Wish there was a place you could still buy them. :(
I would rather buy his "old" stuff than alot of the new stuff out there now.
DrMabuse
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I was a regular customer of Andy Rodriguez/New Phoenix and never had any complaints about business practices or customer service, and the videos he made tended to be really interesting. He was prone to overpromising, which resulted in missed release dates and videos that were slated but never materialized, and his attempts at ongoing storytelling went off the rails most of the time. Retrogirl was constantly being recast (actually, a lot of his characters were played by a succession of different actresses, although some of that was intentional, I think) and several of his later DVD releases consisted of brief scenarios accompanied by glamour shots of actresses in costume posing. Still, he did use a lot of beautiful actresses and most of the costumes were well done.

Taken for what they were, a lot of the things he produced were very enjoyable. I'd also prefer to have more stuff like Andy used to make than the highly professional, but unimaginative and repetitive videos in plentiful supply now. I have no insight into why New Phoenix went under, or why Andy stopped producing videos. I do remember that he made a big announcement about ten years ago that he'd secured the rights to make a Paula Peril movie (to be titled "Midnight is the Darkest Hour") but it was never finished, as far as I know. I'd love it if that, or the Power Cat stuff he was supposedly working on, were to see the light of day.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

avenger wrote:
xxxwarriorxxx wrote:He had some real nice chloroform scenes too. The girls he had were super hot too with amazing bodies. I think they were mostly all ASU students.
Yes, you're correct in that some were ASU students and one or two were on the gymnastics team. He had potential to be really good as he was doing some awesome stuff at the time. We communicated fairly often about his projects, but I think his downfall came as a result of shady business practices and bad membership ideas.....ie, the pay up front for projects down the line strategy that just didn't work. On top of certain promises of models getting 'contracts' that never happened. Anyway, for all his potential with unique characters and hot models, he became his own worst enemy with his bold promises and bad business practices, in my opinion. Not to mention his huge ego. It was good while it lasted though
Which ones were on the gymnastics team?
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I checked my bookcase and I see that I have his Supermodels DVD series Parts I through III.

He liked to shoot a lot of night location scenes. I just figured it was a hobby of his that he did after working at a real day job.
Good production values though and attractive sexy college girls.
At the end, I guess he just unraveled or "burned out" professionally.
shevek
Producer
Producer

NewPhx was an amazing legendary series that I'm sure influenced a lot of folks including myself. In fact, when I was shooting a night scene, I was actually thinking how it reminded me of NewPhx, all grainy and spooky. I would imagine Phoenix folks would recognize some of his many night locations.

I know I have some of the videos, including Powercat, so Richpartist if you want to see some, let me know... I would imagine it's OK at this point to share since the company is long gone?

It's too bad he didn't at least sell his catalog to someone, like when Close-Up Mall acquired Matrock's Helpless Heroes SHIP series (which keeps them in circulation). It's also too bad Andy isn't still making those videos today..back then I would assume cosplay wasn't big yet in Arizona, and lithe college gymnasts were the best he could find, but I could imagine him now casting sexy cosplayers like AZPowergirl (who has sadly only ever been in one video: Project Superwoman's Ultima). Nobody doing anything like this in Arizona now, I guess?
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

Richpartist wrote:Pretty sure I would give a lung to have all those videos.Wish there was a place you could still buy them. :(
I would have to say I agree completely about the newer vids for sale! It's been awhile since I saw a vid and said I need to buy that!

I think I have most everything he did!

As for which were in gymnastics, my guess would be Emmlee Gale for first Black Talon!
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Yes, the power cat ones were great. Jamie Thornton was a perfect beauty, and Action Gal was a great series too. His bondage was decent too. I liked Kacie Karlseen, I probably misspelled but she was a real gem too.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Richpartist wrote:Pretty sure I would give a lung to have all those videos.Wish there was a place you could still buy them. :(

Save your lungs. I have a lot of his stuff so if you're interested, pm me. Emlee Gale was a gymnast and another girl (forgot her name but played the first Action Girl) was a swimmer, from what I heard. He certainly had some hot talent, and put out some good stuff for sure, but there has to be a good reason why he's not doing it now....
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Oh man,I had the lung almost half way out! :)
I hope producers out there have watched his work and taken notes. :)
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

Kacie Karlsson was awesome! Tawnya Gentleman ( the 2nd Retrogirl) had just an amazing muscular body! Emlee Gale was fantastic to watch do the fight scenes! Jamie Thornton as Action Girl was stunning!
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

avenger wrote: Save your lungs. I have a lot of his stuff so if you're interested, pm me.
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think this forum does not allow these kind of 'transactions'... (even if for free) :whistle:
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Theresa Baldwin was also a rather good looking Retrogirl, though I think she was only in the uninvited video.
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

RedMountain wrote:Theresa Baldwin was also a rather good looking Retrogirl, though I think she was only in the uninvited video.
Nice! I couldn't for the life of me think of her name!
shvillian12
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Theresa Baldwin looked amazing as retro girl. Such a shame the guy had such a big ego... by the way bugsy44, what version of the retrogirl costume do you have? The gold one was definitely my favorite
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Bugsy44 wrote:Kacie Karlsson was awesome! Tawnya Gentleman ( the 2nd Retrogirl) had just an amazing muscular body! Emlee Gale was fantastic to watch do the fight scenes! Jamie Thornton as Action Girl was stunning!
They were all great. I also loved Megan Redstone (the third Retro Girl)and Julie Fair (Retro Woman).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

He also liked swimming pools a lot. A lot of water peril.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:He also liked swimming pools a lot. A lot of water peril.

I remember in the Supermodels video, in Jamie Thornon's first role, her leotard became see-through after she got out of the pool.

I also remember in one of the Retro Girl episodes with Megan Redstone, they tried drowning her.
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Jamie was great diving into the pool.
Attachments
EVAPOWERCAT6.jpg
EVAPOWERCAT6.jpg (418.93 KiB) Viewed 121440 times
EVAPOWERCAT8.jpg
EVAPOWERCAT8.jpg (472.25 KiB) Viewed 121440 times
EVAPOWERCAT11copy.jpg
EVAPOWERCAT11copy.jpg (370.01 KiB) Viewed 121440 times
EVAPOWERCATdefeated.jpg
EVAPOWERCATdefeated.jpg (198.86 KiB) Viewed 121440 times
EVAPOWERCATdefeated1.jpg
EVAPOWERCATdefeated1.jpg (214.51 KiB) Viewed 121440 times
EVAPOWERCATdefeated3.jpg
EVAPOWERCATdefeated3.jpg (251.87 KiB) Viewed 121440 times
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I think Eva was my favorite.
Attachments
EVAPOWERCATtorture1.jpg
EVAPOWERCATtorture1.jpg (174.38 KiB) Viewed 121440 times
EVAPOWERCATtorture2.jpg
EVAPOWERCATtorture2.jpg (181.41 KiB) Viewed 121440 times
drzod
Henchman
Henchman

It was definitely Power Cat that first captured my attention but I also loved Jamie as Action Girl. She made a very sexy Power Cat. I always looked forward to Andy's releases. Sexy heroines, action and peril. Plus there were always plenty of KOs. I still watch them from time to time. The Black Talon videos were very good and personal favorites.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ahhhh Kacie :love: :love: :thumbup: :bh:

Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kacie Karlsson where are you you GORGEOUS woman :love:
Some lucky guy(or gal) is spanking that right now :love:
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

shvillian12 wrote:Theresa Baldwin looked amazing as retro girl. Such a shame the guy had such a big ego... by the way bugsy44, what version of the retrogirl costume do you have? The gold one was definitely my favorite
Yeah that one was awesome! If memory serves me I believe it's the one Tawnya wore in episode 2!
shvillian12
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Which was also great..
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Kacie had a nice bondage scene in one of the movies too as well as a chloro KO-- Meg Redstone was a stunner too.

I wonder if any of them stuck with this line of work. Too bad he doesn't start up again. I am sure he would do great.
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Dark Fury was another hot character.
Attachments
DARKFURY3.jpg
DARKFURY3.jpg (51.22 KiB) Viewed 121302 times
DarkFury3a.jpg
DarkFury3a.jpg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 121302 times
darkfury4.jpg
darkfury4.jpg (70.71 KiB) Viewed 121302 times
darkfury5.jpg
darkfury5.jpg (83.29 KiB) Viewed 121302 times
darkfury6.jpg
darkfury6.jpg (71.37 KiB) Viewed 121302 times
DARKFURY10.jpg
DARKFURY10.jpg (42.3 KiB) Viewed 121302 times
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

How was the acting in the Black Talon videos?
Attachments
DARKFURY13.jpg
DARKFURY13.jpg (33.56 KiB) Viewed 121301 times
darkfuryNEWDF2.jpg
darkfuryNEWDF2.jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 121301 times
DarkfuryTwo1.jpg
DarkfuryTwo1.jpg (76.13 KiB) Viewed 121301 times
DarkfuryTwo2.jpg
DarkfuryTwo2.jpg (68.17 KiB) Viewed 121301 times
DarkfuryTwo3.jpg
DarkfuryTwo3.jpg (78.42 KiB) Viewed 121301 times
DarkfuryTwo4.jpg
DarkfuryTwo4.jpg (74.17 KiB) Viewed 121301 times
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I can't remember who played Omega Girl, but she was all right, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FvSjYknSPI
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Another tall Dark Fury.
Attachments
darkfuryNEWDF10.jpg
darkfuryNEWDF10.jpg (47.86 KiB) Viewed 121298 times
darkfuryObscuraPrimewalk1.jpg
darkfuryObscuraPrimewalk1.jpg (61.24 KiB) Viewed 121298 times
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

The Eva stuff was odd! The one is warehouse was kinda random I thought!
wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Jamie thornton is gorgeous in "POWERCATS!
https://maskripper.org/wp-content/uploa ... m23s28.png

Addison Keane is totally hot as RetroGirl in "ActionGirl 2.5: equinox"
https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6103/6241 ... b6fc_b.jpg

The beautiful Lisa More in "Darkfury 2004 Director's Cut"
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 00_AL_.jpg

http://www.video-market.net/vm/feature/ ... _still.jpg

A list of awesome New Phoenix Filmworks movies:

POWERCATS!

Black Mask- Night Bait

POWERCAT EPISODE 3.6 BEFORE THE PHEAR!

ActionGirl 2.5 equinox

Darkfury 2004 Director's Cut

Darkfury 2

Darkfury3

PowerCat Episode 3.5 OVERLOAD

POWER CAT IMPOSTER

POWER CAT FULLY CHARGED!

ActionGirl 2: The Girl in the Black Mask

Supermodels 1

Supermodels 2

Supermodels 3

Black Talon Broken Mirror

RetroGirl Episode 6 Identity Crisis

RetroGirl Episode 4 Nightmare,

BIKINIWOMAN AND TEENY

THE DARKPOOL

It would be so awesome to see this quality of superheroine movies written, produced, directed, shot and edited by Andy Rodriguez again or another producer.There was so many superheroine sexy babes in the New Phoenix Filmworks Productions, every movie was sexy, exciting and brilliant!
Last edited by wondergirlsupragirl 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

He was definitely doing great things and was one of the best at the time, but he crashed and burned really fast and one day the music stopped. I've heard rumors he was being sued, and he himself put out some emails stating his house was broken into and his equipment stolen. There was another update about a car crashing into his house, so not really sure what happened and why he stopped so abruptly. There was that one time he supposedly bought the rights to the Paula Peril franchise and put out a teaser with Valerie Perez in the title role. Too many questions and not many answers. I do believe if he made a comeback today he'd be on top of the game
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

It seemed like for every movie he made, there was one or two that never got off the ground.

But that might be typical in the business.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Amazing how long this thread has stayed up - people (including myself) really loved these films. I need to see the Darkfury ones. I've only ever seen excerpts, and they look great. If anyone has them, let me know.

Also, wasn't "Bikini Babes of Arizona" actually called Bikiniwoman (and Teeny)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ES-Tbi5hw

Andy was posting on that newphx Youtube channel as recently as four years ago..the last thing that went up was the Darkfury clip.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I think it's just Bikini Woman and the Dark Fury clips. He used to have a really good Action Girl clip up, but not anymore.
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

I only ever had Darkfury on vhs!
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Bugsy44 wrote:I only ever had Darkfury on vhs!
I have it somewhere.
I also have The first four RetoGirls on VHS, the Supermodels, Black Talon and Action Girl 2 DVDs.
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

the Golden one.
Attachments
ADDISONRETROGIRL003acopy.jpg
ADDISONRETROGIRL003acopy.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 121017 times
ADDISONRETROGIRL008acopy.jpg
ADDISONRETROGIRL008acopy.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 121017 times
BLACKMASK4.jpg
BLACKMASK4.jpg (51.59 KiB) Viewed 121017 times
BLACKMASK9.jpg