HEROINEBURGH Season One continuous update thread

General discussions about superheroines!
shevek
Producer
Producer

As of today, the HEROINEBURGH trailer is up on Youtube. It shows action-packed clips from Episodes 1 through 4 accompanied by the first half of our catchy theme song, "(She's Living In) Heroineburgh".

The website also just underwent its soft launch. You can now go to http://www.heroineburgh.com and read about the backstory and inspiration, and also get the vital stats on the heroines and the villains. It prominently features the art of DC colorist Jason Wright.

We are having a private cast party this Sunday to celebrate the dedication and hard work of everyone involved. Then we'll hold the premiere screening at the Row House Cinema in Pittsburgh on Sunday April 30 at 6:00 pm and 8:15 pm. The series will then be up online in early May as soon as we figure out the sales mechanism for downloads, T-shirts and DVDs. Enjoy: it's a 'Burgh thing!

https://youtu.be/cAcZHg9vOto

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, very soon we'll be releasing a project that has been in the making for about seven months:
HEROINEBURGH. http://www.heroineburgh.com is our website until the videos go up on sale for the price of a premium comic book (around $7-$10, ranging 20-40 minutes).

Art by accomplished colorist Jason Wright (check his massive comicbookdb resume, yes he lives here!) who is currently on Hal Jordan Green Lantern and recently did Gail Simone's Megalopolis series. [also Batgirl, Secret Six, his CV goes on for days] See Jason's fantastic art below featuring the heroines from the first four episodes. Eventually we'll have one other well-known local comicbook artist doing stuff for us as well, a few months down the line.
Heroineburgh_final.jpg
Heroineburgh_final.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 10552 times
Possibly the first-ever superheroine video series to feature all-original characters who are based in a real city using real actors from that city and real landmarks, references and locations, etc. It's the first series with a super-strong local component where part of the marketing of the series is done locally (as well as nationally, and to the specialty superheroine scene). And yes, if you can't figure it out yet, you'll soon be able to figure out exactly where I live. :)

In case you're wondering what the premise of the series is, it's as follows: a dark energy meteor explodes above the city one night, and dozens of local denizens are transformed through the science of epigenetics (physical alteration through focused willpower, aka Lamarckian evolution). The energy primarily affects the XX chromosome and so most of the transformed "epihumans" are female.

The first season deals with the origin stories of about 15-16 heroines. They come from a diversity of neighborhood settings, professions, sexual orientations, alternative lifestyles, and ethnic backgrounds. Although most of the actresses/actors are locals, you will be familiar with at least one of them a bit further down the line (maybe more, if I can afford the budget..some of you know who lives near here...).

By the end of the first season (episode 12) they will have formed a Heroine League endorsed by the city's mayor and supervised by a police dept liaison (also a major female character). I have only the first entire season written, but the second season will deal with underground hackers, government agencies and secret worldwide cabals all intersecting with the stories of the Heroine League and its members, as well as continuing their individual life stories.

The content? PG-13. Action, mild expletives, some adult situations, mild peril. That's all I can do for now. I'm a school teacher, and some of my former students and their parents (comicbook geeks all!) are not only aware of the series but they're even in an episode. So it's like a CW show with some mid-level swearing.

As for where we got the ideas, you will find allusions to almost everything from 1960s/70s/80s/90s/00s comic books, TV and movies to various Youtube and SHIP series. As the episodes come out, see if you can catch all the references. First four episodes will be made available online in early May, after we 1) promote and cosplay at our local comicon, 2) have our cast party and 3) hold a public showing at a theater in my hometown. Yup, all of that! We are going to have so much fun with this and hopefully bring an entire city along for the ride.

OK without further ado, let's show some stills. I'll be putting up a few from each episode regularly. Welcoming any comments you might have. I would also welcome crossover with any other superheroine series that are happening - I think it would be very cool to interlock rosters, especially since the Heroineburgh universe implies that there are other Heroine Leagues already established in other cities, but our city becomes the worldwide nexus of heroine activity because of the meteor strike.

------------------------------------------------

Episode 1 "Anger Is An Energy"
features heroine Cybrina (blue hair) who has the powers of electricity and cybernavigation (she can turn into data and enter computer systems). You'll find out what happens when she battles Red Gina (black hair), a disgruntled computer programmer whom you won't like too much when she's angry :)
redginagetsangry.JPG
redginagetsangry.JPG (2.22 MiB) Viewed 11857 times
gettingreadyforshot.JPG
gettingreadyforshot.JPG (2.34 MiB) Viewed 11857 times
friendlypipebattle.JPG
friendlypipebattle.JPG (2.5 MiB) Viewed 11857 times
redginaandcybrina.JPG
redginaandcybrina.JPG (3.07 MiB) Viewed 11857 times
Let's briefly meet our cast:

Nikki (who plays Cybrina) is a longtime burlesquer, fetish model and costume designer. She is currently a kickass bartender at a punk club. And for years, she was the frontwoman in a power-industrial band that had a couple of international releases and did some touring at EBM/powernoise festivals. She can occasionally be seen at extreme electronics concerts dancing her ass off.

Jessica (who plays Red Gina) is a fashion store manager during the day, and also an accomplished alternative model. But her extreme side comes out as a suspension artist with a local glam/punk band - she literally hangs from various hooks in her flesh. That's gotta hurt! She has a fantastic fashion sense too.

In addition, Episode 1 features cameos by a couple of prolific local indie-rock heroes with a string of national releases, and music by one of them as well. Then there are various other local dudes (and one gal) from the local music scene whom Red Gina kicks around. The theme song (from which you'll hear portions, at the beginning of each released video) has lyrics and music written by myself, electronic programming done by my friend who I've partnered with in an electro-industrial project, and wonderful vocals by a talented and quirky local songstress.
Last edited by shevek 6 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Sounds interesting

Much kudos due for putting this together
shevek
Producer
Producer

Thanks. Episode 2 info in a couple days (first four episodes available online in early May).
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Any plans to shoot Carissa Montgomery or Nyxon while you're in production? Those are the two biggest fetish peeps in Pittsburgh that I know.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

And her super power makes her hair fall out? :)
shevek
Producer
Producer

Shakeshift wrote:Any plans to shoot Carissa Montgomery or Nyxon while you're in production? Those are the two biggest fetish peeps in Pittsburgh that I know.
Not in the first season but those are goals down the line for next year if I can increase expenses. I have a part for a German uberfrau called Frija that Carissa might be perfect for. And Nyxon would be great for a gothic/fetish villainess (for some reason, I like the name "Vorticia", don't steal it!). We already have a four-woman goth superteam called The Dark Dominion whose origin will be featured in Episode 7, but Nyxon might be a character the team could go up against later.

Ms. Jennifer Blaze is not going to be in Heroineburgh because of scheduling conflicts.

BTW, love your work Shakeshift!
Richpartist wrote:And her super power makes her hair fall out? :)
Heh. No, that was Jessica's actual hairstyle at the time of filming.
And because the location of the episode is a computer company and involves coding and cyberspace, the heroines' appearance reflects bit of
the cyberpunk style.
Last edited by shevek 6 years ago, edited 7 times in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 2 "I Bring You Fire"
features heroine Hellfyra (red and black), aka Helena Brent, who has the powers of demons (super-strength, blazing eye beams, and her hands shoot flames). She's a practicing Satanist who discovers that someone is messing with her guitarist boyfriend and the local metal scene. Eventually she goes up against Missy Thrall, a heavy metal groupie with low self-esteem and addiction issues. As the villainess Mesmera (purple & black), Missy is confident for the first time - she has the power to hypnotize with a word and can even put Hellfyra under her spell. Will Helena triumph against Mesmera's dastardly schemes?
invocation.JPG
invocation.JPG (4.92 MiB) Viewed 11015 times
hellfyratransform.JPG
hellfyratransform.JPG (2.53 MiB) Viewed 11015 times
goingoverscript.JPG
goingoverscript.JPG (2.28 MiB) Viewed 11015 times
tiedup.JPG
tiedup.JPG (3.81 MiB) Viewed 11015 times

Courtney (who plays Hellfyra) is a former burlesquer. She designs costumes and can occasionally be seen at heavy metal concerts.

Tylean (who plays Mesmera) is originally from Pennsylvania but has lived in Ireland, England, and now Spain, acquiring a bit of an Irish lilt. She is an actress (bit parts in Dark Knight Rises, The East Enders, etc), but primarily a singer and performer of her own music which could be described as avantgarde performance-art goth (bit of Diamanda and Jarboe maybe). She was also the keyboardist for UK darkwave legends Attrition.

In addition, Episode 2 includes an acting appearance by a local heavy metal guitarist, two tracks from local metal bands, and a performance by Tylean of Hildegard Von Bingen's "Sed Diabolus" in the soundtrack.
Last edited by shevek 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Youtube channel is up. No trailers yet (color correction and effects need to happen first), but I've put up a couple outtakes from Episode 1 and 2, and soon I'll do the same for Episodes 3 and 4, so you can see our ladies in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNYwhaQg7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVHQ_y12RB0
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I would suggest that in the future you hire models with more conventional hairstyles.
shevek
Producer
Producer

viking wrote:
I would suggest that in the future you hire models with more conventional hairstyles.
1) Almost all of them do have conventional hairstyles, actually. The one whom you're referring to (Jessica) was cast as a villainess, dragged only begrudgingly to the good side, precisely because of her unique appearance.
2) I'm not always going to be 'conventional' with this series anyway. It has real storylines and reflects a range of heroine appearances.
3) Your comment actually almost exactly mirrors the plot points of the episode (which I won't give away). Which only proves that my script is eerily topical: I really thought that my subject matter for episode 1 had more of a "90s throwback" vibe, but here it's 2017 and I hit the nail on the head.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I am "old school" when it comes to heroines, and I am clearly not a part of the market that you designed this video to appeal to. I hope your efforts are successful.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 3 "Everything's Gone Green"
features heroine Gardenia (green costume), aka Rebecca "Becky" Bloom, who acquires the powers of the plant world. She's a Jewish school teacher who is also an advocate for environmental causes, but feels frustrated when nobody pays attention to her earth-friendly message. After defeating some small-time polluters with her new powers, she feels confident enough to take on the supervillains Mr. Shvitz (white lab coat) and Devorra The Queen Bee (gold and black) who are collaborating to build a machine that will hold the entire city hostage under an impenetrable dome of greenhouse effect. As the situation heats up, will Gardenia be able to foil their sinister plot?
IMG_3915.JPG
IMG_3915.JPG (2.86 MiB) Viewed 10551 times
IMG_3862.JPG
IMG_3862.JPG (2.92 MiB) Viewed 10551 times
IMG_3900.JPG
IMG_3900.JPG (2.57 MiB) Viewed 10551 times
shvitz1[crop].jpg
shvitz1[crop].jpg (73.75 KiB) Viewed 10551 times

Laurie (who plays Gardenia) is the lead singer of a local jam/funk band. She works for her father's company and also has her own business conducting
workshop advocating healthy lifestyles.

Heather (who plays Devorra) is a self-proclaimed comic/pop-culture geek whom I've known for a while from the local music scene. She helped design her costume and put considerable dramatic effort into her role. She recently moved to North Carolina but is keeping in touch.

Mike (who plays Shvitz) is a prolific local musician and writer with a lovely wife and adorable young son. He has been a friend since high school and has similar musical tastes to mine, since we're both big jazz fans. He brings a campy sense of humor to his part.

In addition, Episode 3 features smaller roles by local actors and music scenesters playing a cigarette-smoking hipster and several hapless greenhouse employees who fall under Devorra's control and become her slave drones. The soundtrack includes music from both Mike and Laurie's bands.

https://youtu.be/eKGAgFyVoEU
Last edited by shevek 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Any chance of shooting at Evans City Cemetery or Monroeville Mall?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:Any chance of shooting at Evans City Cemetery or Monroeville Mall?
Heh, I'm well aware of our city's vast undead heritage a la George Romero and Tom Savini (who lives only blocks away from me, actually).
Not only that, there's a store dedicated entirely to zombie paraphernalia only a few blocks from my house, as well.
Those locations, however, are located far from where I live. [The Steel City Con is located in Monroeville, however].

Because the universe I've written is "science-based", I was originally going to stay away from obvious fantasy elements like magic and zombies.
But there'll probably be so many people asking about it that eventually we'll have to include something about a virus that re-animates corpses
or something plausible like that. There's nothing planned in the immediate future, but the zombie parades here are so large that I'm sure we'd have little problem recruiting extras. Good suggestion, and something to be considered for the second season, Perhaps the entire Heroine League could be engulfed in battling an outbreak :)
shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 4 "Trans-Adriatic Express"
is double-length with twice the action. It features heroine Vendetta (red costume), aka Veronica "Ronnie" Benedetti, an Italian-American mafia princess who responds to tragedy by bringing a ruthless, upstart mob boss to justice. Her strength and fighting skill lies in her training and her single-minded determination to achieve her goal. Meanwhile, heroine Devana (brown costume) is Marija "Mari" Bielic, a Slavic-American whose immigrant brother gets mixed up in gambling debts with gangsters. Her warrior might and combat prowess lies in drawing on her proud heritage and her vivid imagination. After fighting their own battles separately, the heroines team up to confront two juggernaut enforcers-for-hire. Will they be able to defeat the combined forces of the Italian and Serbian mafias?
devanacloseup.JPG
devanacloseup.JPG (5.79 MiB) Viewed 10384 times
duofight.JPG
duofight.JPG (6.38 MiB) Viewed 10384 times
vendettapose.JPG
vendettapose.JPG (4.13 MiB) Viewed 10384 times
devanaperil.JPG
devanaperil.JPG (6.69 MiB) Viewed 10384 times
duopose.JPG
duopose.JPG (5.32 MiB) Viewed 10384 times
devanastance.JPG
devanastance.JPG (6.91 MiB) Viewed 10384 times

Catherine (who plays Vendetta) is a bartender at two local music venue establishments. She has worked for production companies and played roles
in locally produced videos.

Mary (who plays Devana) is a guitarist in several bands, including an all-female group that is legendary in the international death-metal scene. She is a barista at an independent coffeehouse, and a dedicated advocate of animal welfare, volunteering at a local shelter. She's also a comic-book collector.

In addition, Episode 3 features smaller roles by local actors and music scenesters portraying several members of the Italian and Serbian mobs, a priest, Mari's brother, and Ronnie's best friend. The soundtrack includes music from one of Mary's bands and by the actor who plays the upstart Italian consigliere.

https://youtu.be/VE0JFEdh2zs
https://youtu.be/QH233Pdb-uc
Last edited by shevek 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Checked out all four episode renders (pre-color grading and effects) and everything's looking great! If there are no issues with the grading and effects process we should have trailers in two weeks!

In the meantime, you can now "like" the Heroineburgh Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/heroineburgh/
And you can now follow Heroineburgh on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Heroineburgh1

Stay tuned, 'Burgh fans.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineburgh now has a DeviantArt page as well. Here's our total internet presence now:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heroineburgh/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Heroineburgh1
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsaJNs ... h5aTsjnGxQ
DeviantArt: http://heroineburgh.deviantart.com

This weekend, we'll be at Steel City Con in Monroeville all three days (Apr 7-9), handing out stickers and selling T-shirts at our booth. So many great stars will be at the Con: Adam West, Burt Ward, Lindsay Wagner, Billy Dee Williams, etc. All five of our heroines and one 'reformed' villainess will be cosplaying in shifts (Cybrina, Red Gina, Hellfyra, Gardenia, Vendetta, and Devana). And if all goes well, we'll be showcasing the first four episodes at the Row House Theater in Lawrenceville (Pittsburgh) on Sun Apr 30 with showings at 6:00 and 8:15 pm. Followed hopefully by launch on the website in early May (after we figure out the commerce kinks).

Not sure if anyone on this forum is located near us, but if you are, please do stop by at either event and say hi!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Ms. Jennifer Blaze will not be in Heroineburgh due to scheduling conflicts.
Last edited by shevek 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

None of these women are attractive lol I'm sorry, it just needs to be said. I wish you the best and hope it takes off though.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mamooche24 wrote:None of these women are attractive lol I'm sorry, it just needs to be said. I wish you the best and hope it takes off though.
No problem man, different strokes. Considering we were pretty much the only ones there with totally original cosplay characters, we had a great response at the Con this weekend, with well over 200 photo-ops taken (I asked each photo-snapper to hashtag #heroineburgh, so we'll see how many of those pop up in the next week) and interest expressed across the demographic spectrum, from young k*ds and eager t**ns to socially-awkward middle-aged nerds, etc. I also heard that Claire Vail came to the Con..her Facebook mentioned she had come up to Pittsburgh, and although she didn't specifically say hi while I was there, she did like our Facebook page the next day.

Cat and Jess, who play Vendetta and Red Gina but hadn't met before in person, were especially effective at creating jaw-drops and grins as they enthusiastically worked the line of people waiting patiently to see Adam West and Burt Ward. You'd think that nobody in the Western PA region had seen anything tight, red and shiny before :)

Last edited by shevek 6 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Claire Vail didn't go to the comic convention. I just asked her and she was in Pittsburgh for the weekend but it was for visiting her BFF from college. The only con that she goes to in Pittsburgh (that I know of) is TekkoCon, which is more anime-influenced.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Shakeshift wrote:Claire Vail didn't go to the comic convention. I just asked her and she was in Pittsburgh for the weekend but it was for visiting her BFF from college. The only con that she goes to in Pittsburgh (that I know of) is TekkoCon, which is more anime-influenced.
Ah...well that's obviously why we didn't see her then. Tekko, in fact, was on the exact same days as Steel City, which seemed like a weird scheduling snafu. I would very much have liked to do booths at both Tekko *and* Steel City, but couldn't. So obviously I picked the one that was more superhero-oriented and featured Batman '66 as the headliner.

Thanks for the clarification Shakeshift!
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

No problem. Good luck with your production btw! :bh:
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I really wish I would have seen this before going to steel city...I walk right past you guys at least a dozen times..no way was I going to escape without a hug from Batman Adam West himself!! I only wish this would have been a time that I would have had that purple 60's Batgirl costume...and yes these girls sure drew the attention...that red costume in person is amazing!! I would have LOVED to have talked to these 2 girls. I can't believe I missed this opportunity :(
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Nice-- I like Red Vendetta- Hopefully you will be able to do a nice chloro KO with her down the road. Good luck with everything, looks like it went well!
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I liked the story and how you are integrating the music of the city in this, now I wanted to know how the payment will be to access the videos, will you have any special plans for those who want to acquire the videos? Will we have comics too? What I also liked was the alternative visuals and especially because we had female villains.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Thanks for the bevy of cool recent responses.

Shakeshift - Check your PMs a couple days from now.... I had a question for you.

Batgirl1969 - Incredible you were there. Wished you'd stopped by and said hi, but I definitely do understand the vast majority of people focusing on
things like seeing West/Ward..after all, we were unknown original characters trying to get attention in a giant place full of people marketing and cosplaying already known characters. That's why I had ladies on site, working the room. However I am glad you got to at least see Vendetta and Red Gina (if you saw both, you were there on Sunday?). But there's no "missed opportunity" because we have plans to be back at Steel City Con in August with those heroines as well as new ones from Episodes 5-8. Hopefully we'll meet you then! (and there *was* a purple '60s Batgirl walking around on Sat...)

Warrior - Looks like you may have conflated Red Gina and Vendetta into "Red Vendetta" :) But no biggie. As far as chloro, no plans yet but I will keep it in the back of my mind to specifically write in some kind of gas/poison/chloro knockout before the end of the first season (which is 12 eps total). I have a villainess who uses venom so maybe that would be ideal. But there's already plenty of sexiness, peril, transformation and combat while staying within in the PG-13 mode....

Valugi- I'm still working out the delivery mode for these videos with my webmaster but the solution will hopefully come in May. The plan is to have them available directly on the site. Thanks for the good words about the visual and the female villains. I have many more female villains planned (and 'bad girls' similar to Red Gina who ambivalently offer nods to the good side) and cast, and great costumes already picked out and designed for them.

As for comics, I have an equally ambitious idea to put out a comicbook that would encapsulate all 12 origin stories (i.e., the entire first season) in a 24-page comic drawn by around 8-12 artists (each episode would basically boil down to 2 pages). That would not happen for a year, though, and would take a fair bit of money to pull off so we'll see..if this grows, and we reach Episode 12 in a strong state, then I will pursue the comic idea.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Shevek, We were actually there Fri, Sat and Sunday....I really wish I would have known who you all were I would have loved to have talked to the girl with the cool haircut, she probably saw me checkin her out!!! Lol
I actually didn't even bring a batgirl related costume this time, I did Harley Q and Raven(figured since I did the white pale makeup its easier that way!)
This show was "Ok" but you should totally do one of the big shows like NYCC and c2e2 or especially dragoncon!! I did get a pic with that batgirl...it was a cool cosplay and that is such a hard one to get even close right...there were lots of cool costumes lots of Harleys tho...and that big cereal monster guy was insanely tall!!
So sorry I didn't say hi...I was civilian Tina friday so we walked around later than usual, before we got in costume...good luck with the project...and tell the girls I think they looked great!!!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Batgirl1969 (Tina) - I would love to go to NY, Chicago or Atlanta as well as possibly Tampa (FetCon) but that would mostly have to wait until next year until production slows down - I'll hopefully be busy all summer making 4-5 new episodes. And we want to make our name here first, because the show is about the city.

Yup, so many Harley/Joker combos walking around (including the gorgeous Maura, one of the costume contest judges). I don't remember any adult Ravens (a couple younger ones, not surprising since the version they know is from Titans Go) but then again you were somehow there for *three* days (??) without walking by our booth so you didn't see me either obviously :)

I will give your best to the girls!
Last edited by shevek 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Trailer for Episodes 1-4 and website soft launch up now. Local screening next Sunday April 30. Then online in May. See the original post at the top for the Heroineburgh update.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hello everyone, here's what I hope is the last update on Heroineburgh before the actual online launch. We had a great screening
on April 30 with about 80 people attending. We also had coverage in the local paper. Yes, all four initial episodes are done and ready to go...we are just now figuring out the online sales process, so as soon as that's done, I'll start a new thread and announce the full launch.

In the meantime, we are not slowing down - as we have the whole 12-episode first season planned. This Saturday we will be vending at a benefit for Western Pennsylvania Fund For Choice, with T-shirt and poster sales going to that cause. Also our T-shirts are now for sale at the premiere urban comic-book store in our city, Phantom of The Attic, in all male and female sizes. {if anyone from the forum wants to order one, send me a PM]. We plan to run a booth again in Artist's Alley at the August Steel City Comicon (so batgirl1969, if you come through again, say hi this time!).

We are going to film Episode 5 all through June, then Episode 6 in July, Episode 7 in August, and hopefully Episode 8 in September with the goal to have a second launch of at least three (and maybe four) more episodes online before Halloween. To whet your appetite for those, here's a shot from a short photo shoot I did a couple days ago of Emily, who plays Fallon O'Shaughnessy, aka Irish/lesbian superheroine Fianna in Episode 5, "I Will Follow". She's an experienced model and actress.

Also, check out our trailer for Episodes 1-4 at the top of this thread if you haven't yet.
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG (543.71 KiB) Viewed 8627 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Still working on fixing the sound for Episodes 1-4 before we put them up. We don't want the music and sound to distort in your speakers!

In the meantime, we've finished principal photography for Episode 5 and are moving into the post-production phase on that. And we start filming Episode 6 this Sunday. We are confirmed to be at Steel City Comicon the second weekend in August.

Below you can check out the following photos:

Episode 5: Fianna lifts a car off an accident victim. (played by Emily)
IMG_1179.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG (4.9 MiB) Viewed 8252 times
Episode 5: Fianna (in her civilian identity as Fallon O'Shaughnessy) and her non-superpowered girlfriend, Carrie. (played by Sarah)
fallonandcarrie.JPG
fallonandcarrie.JPG (5.84 MiB) Viewed 8252 times
Episode 6: Arctica the Nordic ice queen, the world's leading scientific expert in cryophysics. (played by Valerie)
arctica.JPG
arctica.JPG (4.97 MiB) Viewed 8252 times
Episode 6: Spectrina the mistress of the electromagnetic spectrum. (played by Erika) She's Arctica's lab partner and an expert in crystal spectrography.
spectrina.JPG
spectrina.JPG (5.61 MiB) Viewed 8252 times
Episode 6: Morphia the energy vampire from another universe (played by Samantha) She is unleashed by the two scientists' experiments.
morphia.JPG
morphia.JPG (4.5 MiB) Viewed 8252 times
Episode 6: Dr Chang, the head of the scientific facility who tries to cut off Arctica and Spectrina's research funding. Woe betide him!
drchang.JPG
drchang.JPG (5 MiB) Viewed 8252 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Have you perhaps wondered what's been going on with Heroineburgh? If so, thanks for paying attention. I'm still posting in this thread for now but I'll start a new one when the episodes start to debut.

Those of you who are video producers know how hard and laborious it is to get videos correct. I mean, we've had the first four episodes done since April and we showed them at a theater then, but since then we've had a hard time 1) improving the sound quality for online, 2) reducing the size of the huge files down to downloadable size and now 3) we're working on the payment structure. But don't worry - this ordeal will soon reach its conclusion, and we'll soon have the first four episodes up on our site for everyone to purchase for the price of a comic book each. (not the C4S or SHG pricing structure you may be used to, but we are not doing softcore or hardcore..we are PG-13)

In the meantime, while the online tech details are being worked out, we've continued to film! Episodes 5 and 6 are done filming and are both in post-production stages. We just did the table-read yesterday (it was pretty fun watching the actresses strut their stuff in rehearsal on
a stage! we practiced powerful superhero landings!) for Episode 7 and begin filming on Thursday. We're also doing preliminary photo shoots and costume fittings for Episodes 8 and 9, and preparing for Steel City Comicon this coming weekend (hopefully we'll be posting some photos from that)..where we will have the new stickers of the EP 5-7 heroines (by amazing DC Comics artist Jason Wright! currently on both Green Lantern titles and about to color a bunch of covers for the 'Metal' crossover event!) advertising our website and our next theater showing in late October.

Meanwhile, you want to see some beauty. So here they are, the four heroines of Episode 7: "Four Sisters, No Mercy." It's a love letter (and a sendup) of Pittsburgh's long-running goth-industrial scene, as four female club DJs gain superpowers and battle it out for supremacy on the dancefloor. Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance, but you cannot touch my monkey.

Episode 7: Meet Arcana, sovereign of the shadows. She will spin some darkwave and death-rock for your pleasure. (Sorry photo is dark, but then again she is the queen of darkness. We're also giving her a new black-and-red wig to add a bit of color). Played by Julie.
arcana.jpg
arcana.jpg (25.35 KiB) Viewed 7794 times
Episode 7: Here's Etherea, empress of euphoria. She'll make you feel blissful playing Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance. Played by Maura.
etherea.jpg
etherea.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 7794 times
Episode 7: Give it up for Industria, who shoots electric bolts w/her crowbar and quakes the earth w/stompy boots. Played by Jenn.
industria.jpg
industria.jpg (62.95 KiB) Viewed 7794 times
Episode 7: Make way for Lunessa, mistress of moonlight. She can throw blades or beams made of hard light, and they hurt! Also has a pretty nice selection of synthpop. Played by Becky.
lunessa.jpg
lunessa.jpg (49.94 KiB) Viewed 7794 times
And here are five of the Ep 5-7 superwomen as depicted by the inestimable Jason Wright. Heroines Assemble!
Heroineburgh2.jpg
Heroineburgh2.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 7794 times
[email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heroineburgh/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Heroineburgh1
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsaJNs ... h5aTsjnGxQ
DeviantArt http://heroineburgh.deviantart.com
shevek
Producer
Producer

We are so close to getting Episodes 1-4 up online...so close I can taste it. It's all up to my webmaster.

In the meantime post-production is going forward on Episodes 5-7 so we can premiere them locally on October 20. Episodes 5 and 6 are almost completely ready...while Episode 7 still has one more night of shooting, but we have plenty of good footage already timelined, and enough to put together the trailer with effects included.

So, without further ado, the trailer for Heroineburgh Episodes 5-7:

shevek
Producer
Producer

That's fine, MH, I was wondering when you'd say something :) Hopefully soon! The webmaster is not being very attentive to my project because he's so busy - that's the main problem right now, when I have four episodes that have been ready to launch for a while, and three more on the way soon.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Lunessa reminds me of Gaga!!! She is my fav!!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hi folks!
This will continue to be our update thread.
So much excitement at Heroineburgh this week in three different ways:
1) Episodes 1-4 are available online at http://www.heroineburgh.com (see the Superheroine Releases subforum)
and people are enjoying them all over the world.
2) Episodes 5-7 get premiered tomorrow night at our esteemed local Hollywood Theater (exhibitor of many awesome cult films)
with a live meet-and-greet by most of the actresses in costume.
3) Episode 8 starts filming in November and we already have some montage shoots. Here are the main characters from that episode.
Both of the actresses are named Stephanie! (confusing, I know. will have to call them by their last names during the shoots!)

Kimberly Chang aka X-Machina. She's got the powers of magnetism and technopathy. Basically Magneto meets super-MacGyver.
A unique heroine who showcases the high-tech world of engineering in Pittsburgh.
IMG_1006.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG (5.3 MiB) Viewed 6711 times
Maris Solas aka Dysphoria. She has the ultimate touch of decay - when her bare skin encounters most objects, they crumble into atomic dust.
She will be a formidable foe for X-Machina, full of fury and vengeance.
_MG_3144.JPG
_MG_3144.JPG (7.22 MiB) Viewed 6711 times
Let us know what you think!
shevek
Producer
Producer

MightyHypnotic wrote:
6 years ago
How are the premieres going over at the theatre? What's the response like?
I'll let you know after tomorrow: the premieres of Eps 5-7 are tomorrow night (Fri 10/20). We got a nice big article on a local entertainment site.

And yes thanks posting the release of Eps 1-4 on the front page. I appreciate you wanting to give Cali Logan a bit of love first - she always deserves it!

I will continue to use this thread to post occasional continuous updates on Heroineburgh doings.

Nov through Feb we ramp back up to film Episodes 8, 9 and 10: You'll meet the heroines X-Machina, Jinniyya, Darbouka and Savanna. And villains like
the spiteful Dysphoria (above), the greedy oil baroness Olivia Queen, unscrupulous developer Mason Bricklayer, hyper-steroidal amazon Dyna, and the ruthless reptilian murderess Serpenta.

OK, excited for tomorrow! I plan to bring the video camera and get some group shots of the heroines during the meet-and-greet.
Last edited by shevek 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

The theater premiere of Heroineburgh Episodes 5-7 went great! This time we documented the event in style!

Sold some T-shirts. Made some new fans. Introduced the costumed heroines who attended (Fianna, Arctica, Spectrina, Etherea, Arcana and Lunessa) onstage and they all took a bow! A few of us went for diner food afterwards to end the evening. What a great time. These episodes will go up a bit before the holidays in December. In the meantime check the premiere photos:
premiere_marquee.JPG
premiere_marquee.JPG (8.13 MiB) Viewed 6626 times
premiere_posterdisplay.JPG
premiere_posterdisplay.JPG (8.67 MiB) Viewed 6626 times
premiere_spectrina_etherea.JPG
premiere_spectrina_etherea.JPG (6.24 MiB) Viewed 6626 times
premiere_fianna_arctica1.JPG
premiere_fianna_arctica1.JPG (6.64 MiB) Viewed 6626 times
premiere_darkdominion1.JPG
premiere_darkdominion1.JPG (6.63 MiB) Viewed 6626 times
premiere_darkdominion2.JPG
premiere_darkdominion2.JPG (6.44 MiB) Viewed 6626 times
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

shevek wrote:
6 years ago

I'll let you know after tomorrow: the premieres of Eps 5-7 are tomorrow night (Fri 10/20). We got a nice big article on a local entertainment site.

And yes thanks posting the release of Eps 1-4 on the front page. I appreciate you wanting to give Cali Logan a bit of love first - she always deserves it!
Yeah I try to space it out a bit. Looks great!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hello everyone! Thanks to those who have downloaded Heroineburgh Episodes 1-4 so far from the Video Store.

The latest news is that we are debuting Heroineburgh Episodes 5-7 in the event hall at Steel City Con at the Monroeville, PA Convention Center (yes, not too far from the mall where Dawn of the Dead was filmed). The showing is free with admission to the Con.

Showtime is Friday December 8 from 1-3 pm. There'll be a meet-and-greet with the heroines: a chance to purchase T-shirts and have the heroines sign stickers and character photo sheets. And that's in addition to all the attractions at the Con including celebrities from such legendary shows as Walking Dead, Twin Peaks, and Star Trek: The Next Generation (Data, Riker and Geordie!).

If you're on the East Coast and make a habit of going to conventions, stop by!
shevek
Producer
Producer

New update: While we're preparing to debut Episodes 5-7 at the Steel City Con, we are also in the midst of filming Episode 8 at several locations.

Here are a couple of sample photo stills from our sessions.
Mechanical engineer Kimberly Chiang (played by Stephanie T) is discussing what superheroine codename she should adopt with her geek boyfriend Bobby Benton (played by Jon). They settle on "X-Machina" because of her powers to instantly fix and build machines. She reveals her power suit to him.
episode8xmachina.jpg
episode8xmachina.jpg (84.32 KiB) Viewed 6176 times

Oveworked lab assistant Maris Solas (played by Stephanie W) undergoes a tragic transformation after the meteor impact, when she gains the frightening ability to decay anything she touches. In this scene, she begins her descent into madness. Stephanie W takes a break from her circumstances to grin for the camera.
episode8dysphoria.jpg
episode8dysphoria.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 6176 times

Exciting superpowered battles coming up soon!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Another update from Heroineburgh Episode 8 as we filmed the first battle between X-Machina and Dysphoria.

Check out the transformation of Dysphoria (played by Stephanie W) as compared to the picture in the previous post.

Looking forward to the Steel City Con next week.
episode8-2.jpg
episode8-2.jpg (93.92 KiB) Viewed 6010 times
episode8-1.jpg
episode8-1.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 6010 times
Oh..and also...one of our actresses, Mary (who plays Serbian war goddess Devana) is also a well-known guitarist in the international heavy metal scene. There was an article on her recently on a popular heavy music site. Mary is a true warrior, a strong compassionate person, and a comics nerd! Here the photo of her from that article.
1510265759903-mary-68 (1).jpeg
1510265759903-mary-68 (1).jpeg (159.8 KiB) Viewed 6008 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Day 1 of Steel City Con. Episodes 5-7 were shown in the main event hall. I got to do a short introduction and Q & A beforehand. Afterwards, four amazing heroines made a considerable impact on fans of all ages - lots of photos taken, some photos signed, and two T-shirts sold. From left to right: Spectrina (Erika), Fianna (Emily), Lunessa (Becky), and Etherea (Maura). And an extra solo shot of the gorgeous Lunessa just because she's Batgirl1969's favorite!
_MG_3314.JPG
_MG_3314.JPG (6.01 MiB) Viewed 5810 times
_MG_3302.JPG
_MG_3302.JPG (6.1 MiB) Viewed 5810 times
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Congrats dude, glad its working out for you. I wish you every success
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Awesome!@@ thanks!! Totally forgot about it this weekend...its so cold not sure I can make the drive now:(
Tell her hi for me!!!! Meow!!!!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey Batgirl1969, I'll tell Lunessa (Becky) she has a fan from Baltimore!

Day 2 of Steel City Con was about interacting with as many fans as possible, because the place was mobbed wall to wall with people coming to see Riker and Geordie (Star Trek: TNG), the Weasley Twins (Harry Potter) and other celebrities. The powerful Hellfyra (Courtney - not in costume) and Red Gina (Jessica) used all of their mighty powers to attract passersby to our booth, and we made a lot of new friends and some possible future collaborators.
_MG_3319.JPG
_MG_3319.JPG (5.97 MiB) Viewed 5751 times
Also, we received our first fan art: our talented neighbor Kelsey LaCroix, who creates 8-bit magnet likenesses of all kinds of superheroes and fantasy characters, presented us with her versions of Hellfyra and Devana. Her technique is called "perlering". So awesome!
_MG_3316.JPG
_MG_3316.JPG (4.07 MiB) Viewed 5751 times