Random Log Off

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hi Technical Support,

So, over the last week or so I have been experiencing an issue of being continually logged off. Logging on works as normal but navigating the site often logs me off. This is a problem if I am chatting and navigating the site at the same time. Ive noticed the issue on my PC across firefox and chrome and on my ipad too, all using my home internet connection.

I am not sure if it has anything to do with it but it appears at times that a page loads up in sections and as it does so the disconnect happens during that process. Sometimes the logoff seems to happen while doing nothing at all though, as if the page suddenly refreshes by itself and I find I am logged out. Usually the clue is that in the bottom on the chat bar I get the yellow warning triangle saying I need to log in to chat while at the top of the screen it shows the link to the gallery / notifications / private messages / username / all as if I was still logged in.

Hope you can help :D

AEM

EDIT 1) While I remember - I can be midway typing a message into the chat box at times only for it to vanish then report I am logged off.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I made a change to the server to try and load balance and I think it messed up how the site loads the javascript files. I reverted back to the old way and you should be ok now. Are you still having issues?
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hi MH, thanks for your efforts. I think the frequency of the occurrence is less frequent but it still happens (on firefox at least, will check on chrome) I am not sure if it is a clue or not but I notice that the "remember me" function does not seem to work for me either. (I used to be able to login on a one time basis without problem but forcing it to login with remember me seems to be affected too). The logout evidently causes 'remember me' to reset. Perhaps and I need a "remember the remember me" option! :p

Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Likewise. I'm having this same issue right now. We I try to respond to posts or send people a private message, I'm kicked off, I have to re-log back in and retype my message all over again. I'm thinking if I shutdown or restart my cpu, hopefully it would stop doing that but now that I know it's a maintenance issue, I'll just be patient and let the MightyHypnotic work his magic. :)
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
WaxNonSydow
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Happens a lot when I log in on my tablet and cellphone instead of my regular notebook or desk top. The frequency of the problem diminishes when I start to use firefox instead of google chrome.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

In the dark version of forum style, with black backgrounds, for some reason the chat line on the bottom does not appear now. It does on the ProSilver though. More headaches, MH. Sorry to report.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yep, just noticed I got that too, Doc. No chat bar
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hi MH,

while experimenting to see what might aleviate the problem I have found that the silver theme seems to be working without issue for me. Thanks for your efforts as always,

AEM

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just an FYI MH, following on from above, I have the chat bar icons vertically at the bottom left of my screen on my laptop with the dark theme, but I cannot activate any of them
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
djmistaoz
Henchman
Henchman

tallyho wrote:Just an FYI MH, following on from above, I have the chat bar icons vertically at the bottom left of my screen on my laptop with the dark theme, but I cannot activate any of them
yeah. i see it too. hope it gets fix soon.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah it will take me a day or 2 to get to it. We updated our servers to the latest version of PHP and it's messed up chat apparently. I will have to dig into it...