EAwesome: Supergirl Season 2 Rumors

General discussions about superheroines!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Emergency Awesome: Supergirl Season 2 Batman Family and The Flash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyqUdfnjyag

Some related links...

bleedingcool.com: big honking san diego rumours for DC TV Supergirl...

cinemablend.com: the two major comic characters Supergirl season 2 might be adding

:ybat: I'm going to be really disappointed if the rumors don't pan out! :ybat:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Interesting that the rumor is for Barbara Gordon as Oracle, rather than Batgirl. If there's any truth in this (and that's a big if), I hope they go with the idea I suggested of a temporary transfer of Kara's powers healing Barbara's spine before she goes on to become Batgirl.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:Interesting that the rumor is for Barbara Gordon as Oracle, rather than Batgirl. If there's any truth in this (and that's a big if), I hope they go with the idea I suggested of a temporary transfer of Kara's powers healing Barbara's spine before she goes on to become Batgirl.
Adding Batwoman and Batgirl seems redundant to me. I'd agree with you if Batwoman wasn't the other rumored add.

:ybat: :ybat:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
LeeCarl
Producer
Producer

theScribbler wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:Interesting that the rumor is for Barbara Gordon as Oracle, rather than Batgirl. If there's any truth in this (and that's a big if), I hope they go with the idea I suggested of a temporary transfer of Kara's powers healing Barbara's spine before she goes on to become Batgirl.
Adding Batwoman and Batgirl seems redundant to me. I'd agree with you if Batwoman wasn't the other rumored add.

:ybat: :ybat:
They stated it would be Barbara as Oracle, not Batgirl. Kind of a Birds of Prey lineup, using Batwoman in the now-deceased Black Canary's place.

Anyway, I don't put much stock in these rumors. I think it'd be badass if they were true, but I think we were lucky enough to get Superman a couple of episodes. I don't see Warner allowing Bat characters to be used, especially with Fox having the license for them, with their Gotham series.
https://twitter.com/LeeCarlProducti

"Dark Maiden: The Trap" now available at SHG-Media.com!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

LeeCarl wrote:
Anyway, I don't put much stock in these rumors. I think it'd be badass if they were true, but I think we were lucky enough to get Superman a couple of episodes. I don't see Warner allowing Bat characters to be used, especially with Fox having the license for them, with their Gotham series.
Having said that, SyFy is launching its own Superman-related show entitled Krypton, which is not set in the Supergirl universe. So maybe the licensing contracts aren't as exclusive as once thought?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

My own personal theory is that possibly certain core cast members (Calista Flockhart..Chyler Leigh) might not be "as readily available" this season as production is moving to Vancouver. So new characters with similar profiles are being inserted to take up the slack...
But whatever the reason Batwoman Oracle et al (what no Mary Marvel??) all sounds wonderful.

JF
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Can't wait for Batwoman to team up with Kara....I am such a fangirl.of Batwoman....even more than Batgirl because she represents so much! Love this
LeeCarl
Producer
Producer

batgirl1969 wrote:Can't wait for Batwoman to team up with Kara....I am such a fangirl.of Batwoman....even more than Batgirl because she represents so much! Love this
I'm with you. Just don't get to overhyped until it's confirmed. At this point, it's a lot of over-reported rumors.
https://twitter.com/LeeCarlProducti

"Dark Maiden: The Trap" now available at SHG-Media.com!