Starlet - The Trinity (2015) Review

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time : 35 mins 06 secs

Starlet - The trinity stars Ashley Lane as the titular role : a superheroine who uses the The Phantom Drive device that hold’s prisoners from her home planet who beg for another chance of freedom and believing in people’s ability to change she decides to release one, but as things unfold she realizes the only thing they have in common is starts and ends with their home planet, therefore challenging her believe in human(or should i say Kryptonian) decency as well as the decency she holds in herself, but can she escape this ill fate in time? Lets find out!

And the first thing i noticed about this film was the extremely professional and very Ernest performance of Ashley Lane who holds some great screen presence in every scene she’s in as well as showing a lot of vulnerability in her performance too with her expressive and provocative whimpers/moans that mixed with the vulnerability she shows and increases more and more makes for a performance that feels like an exercise in masterfully titillating/engrossing one’s audience and for that i truly applaud her.

And another good performance is the woman who play Ursa playing the villain so subtly at first slowly building up her power as she gains it more and more and while it felt a little underwhelming, the more powerful she got the more dominant and sensual in her powerful position she became, enjoying and reveling every step towards Starlets peril more and more orgasmically than the last.

But one con that i noticed very early on is the action, which is not only quite choppily shot/edited but also slightly under-choreographed and very underwhelming to watch most particularly in the sound department giving every punch a very limp and phony feel to it and overall making it feel very ineffective with each punch (instead of resonating with each punch).

And going back to performances sadly every other performance while not terrible, pale in comparison to the two girls as well as again feeling quite amateur and under-rehearsed and like the action overall just feel very flat and fail to interest for long.

But one big positive is the writing which is suprisingly great, and with writing being the last thing on my mind in my most recent reviews it was very unexpected when this one was so well thought out, with a promising enough setup and a simplicity that was as admirable as it was engaging, leaving room for them to build upon this premise and deliver the best and most titillating ideas they could because of this.

And Starlet’s costume while eye catching in its many interesting features is to me all too familiar in its color scheme that seems to fall in line with every other Supergirl knock off and with the lack of body hugging/complimenting textures it doesn’t help it surpass its already generic look, sadly.
But one positive is the amount of Ashley’s fantastic cleavage it let’s loose making them look as if (and making you hope) they’ll pop out at any moment, as for the Kryptonians they’re costumes are good and work well enough at emulating the ones in both Man of Steel and Superman 2, but Ursa’s is easily the best one with its lack of padding and Armour like theirs it instead has a more feminine feel to it to it with lace top that runs down her chest perfectly complimenting the voluptuousness of them as well as her shimmering/stunning latex leggings which also perfectly compliment her well rounded and irresistible legs and behind,

And with the direction giving a surprising amount of shots/attention towards our main female villain, it’s quite rare as most films want the heroine to be front and center at all times but with a costume like this, it would be a completely missed opportunity not to show her in all of her glory(not to take anything away from Ashley of course).

Ans speaking of direction when things do get more sexual the direction is much less uninteresting with the camera itself staying much more steady and perfectly setting the tone for these scenes it then in-turn gives a very slow moving and reflective feel to the direction with some really nice stylistic peaks at times too.

And luckily after this the film still never lets up staying at this exhilarating and totally sex driven pace and leaving me far more entertained, enthralled and engrossed than i ever was before.

Leading to one of the most drastic turnarounds for a movie as it just got more and more increasingly fantastic, getting more heated and sexually tense as it went along to till the very end which while a little choppy in it’s editing, the direction and the tension it brings as well as Ashley’s emotive and spellbinding performance easily make up for this as it end’s on one hell of a finale.

So all in all while i definitely had my gripes about the first half of the film, (mainly the performances of 2/3 of the villains, the stiff fight scenes plus the sometimes clunky/inconsistent direction) as it became completely sexually driven it let Ashley Lane’s performance blossom even more, helped Ursa’s character become even more villainous and sensual plus let the direction become tons more focused, gripping and ultimately very erotic as it titillated up until the very last frame and for a film that at first i was gonna give a 6.5 i am now happy (and pleasantly surprised) to say that i absolutely recommend this film and so with that i am giving it an :
8/10

Buy it Here :
http://www.shg-media.com/Default.asp?Pa ... 4785402514

My Twitter (where you can find out when/which reviews are coming out next) :
https://twitter.com/JavCritic

My Blog where you can find this review as well as all my others :
http://javreviewsxxx.tumblr.com/