SHW's Terrible Defeat of Wonder Co-ed (2012) Review

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time : 23 mins 42 secs
Wonder Co-Ed, stars Presley Hart as the titular role who after arriving at the evil Headmistress’s hideout(Played by Paris Kennedy), after the disappearance of her fellow heroine, Super School Girl. finds that Headmistress is not alone as she is joined by The Dean, an equally-evil villain who after hearing of Super School Girl’s defeat is hell bent on destroying Wonder Co-Ed just as badly if not more-so, but can Wonder Co-Ed escape this impending fate in time? Lets find out.

And the first thing i noticed about this film was how in good SHW fashion the only build-up is literally a couple lines of dialogue when the two confront each other, which perfectly encapsulates the situation and at foreshadowing our heroine’s fate, as well as expressing the villains motives very early on as the action immediately starts and if they keep up this pace we are seemingly in for a very straight forward and utterly spellbinding experience.
And even the peril/story in-between the fighting is cut down considerably, and every time we think our heroine’s gonna get the upper hand and have to sit through a pointless segment of her winning for a bit which panders the audience as we know eventually she’s going to lose no matter what, they don’t as they go straight back to the action, but with that we then have no time for tension/interplay to be made between our heroine and villain as there is no dialogue other than the bit i talked about.

And the action itself is extremely riveting at first as it’s so unexpected and so surprisingly graphic for a film of this nature, and the film does a pretty great job at making sure there is no doubt whether the villains motives are sexual as the fighting always has a layer of sexuality under it so that doesn’t just feel like continuous fighting with no real sexuality to it and is definitely able to can keep our attention much better because of this decision.
And the situation itself is so early on that it’s established that it isn’t blatantly detracting from the sexuality/provocation of these scenes as we always have this root idea planted early on so that as much action as there is we always have that titillating idea in mind when it’s happening, and the actors make sure it inst completely silent for the most part as they add some pretty effective ad-libs but theirs definitely a want for the film to show more of these characters and give them room to breathe and develop, as Paris does well but we hardly get much else of her and i feel there was a wasted performance in here somewhere if they had the right focused director.

Our lead actress Presley is also not given too much room to breathe and with her seemingly petite build/fresh faced innocence yet her surprisingly voluptuous backside which is perfectly exploited very early on (as we’d want it to be) she inst given really any room for personality which would have made the perfect recipe and possibly another great performance but she is given no time to develop (which i think she could).

And the one thing she does contribute is her cockiness and prudishness that she instantaneously turns to fear, dread and an instant loss of innocence which she represents with constant tired moans and looks of exhaustion in at times an faint state and while i have to admit it was quite affecting and potent i think it just adds to fact that if she can do this in the small space they gave her then what can she do with a great script and a much more performance driven heroine film and while in the fight scenes early on we see some cracks of unintentional smiles it’s not long till she gets into her stride.

And Wonder Co-Eds costume is definitely a strong point, not only by very much resembling a school outfit but also being extremely revealing and not as constricting as a catsuit/spandex costume so that they can easily access/show off more skin if they want to and as the film goes on, again which is a credit to the more bluntly sexual nature of the film is most films don’t show the heroine naked until the very end if not at all but this one cannot wait to.

And when the sex scene starts it’s pretty early on and doesn’t stop til the film’s finished, and while it never becomes boring as it is obviously the pinnacle of the films sexual build-up but overall this seemingly innovative, no-nonsense sensuality that has been the staple of every SHW film and the main positive of each, with this one i feel as a whole it was very one note the whole time and adding some other things into the mix, maybe being able to splice in some interplay with the characters/titillating dialogue to go with the action could give us something multi-faceted but now only works on one level and that’s a visual one.

So all in all while this film does make the interesting choice of having no buildup, dialogue in-between the sex and starting its sex not even ten minutes in until the very end, instead of making the film more attention grabbing and enthralling like many other SHW films have proven, it actually makes the film feel very one-dimensional and a little hollow, and while Presley adds as much affecting peril as she possibly can, i feel everyone needed much more focus on them and their characters to really propel these potentially positive decisions and really make an all round great heroine film, but as it stands if you’re n the mood for something drastically more direct than most and think all of these negatives I’ve stated will appeal to you then i definitely recommend this film.

7.5/10

Buy It Here :
http://www.superheroineworld.com/issue20join.htm

My blog where you can find all my other reivews :
http://javreviewsxxx.tumblr.com/

My twitter where you can find out what i'm reviewing next :
https://twitter.com/JavCritic
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I loved it myself. From beginning to end. Loved Presley Hart's portrayal as the Superheroine who comes to rescue Super Schoolgirl but instead gets herself kidnapped and branwashed as well.