Victorian Vampire meets Wonder Woman (Evangeline Von Winter)

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Plot: Wonder Woman receives a call from Batgirl to investigate a disturbance at an apartment complex, though she doesn’t see any signs of an intrusion and is prepared to abort mission and return to base. Out of nowhere though, a being dressed from the Victorian-era appears and Wonder Woman realizes that she’s staring at a bonafide vampire queen.
The vampire, who calls herself Evangeline, sees potential in Wonder Woman and would like for her to be her servant, but the Amazon princess is not one who takes kindly to be ordered around, especially by the undead. However, Evangeline has her methods for dealing with a servant who is unruly to her…
VictorianVampireMeetsWonderWoman_snapshot_07.01_[2015.08.07_17.14.14].jpg
VictorianVampireMeetsWonderWoman_snapshot_07.01_[2015.08.07_17.14.14].jpg (24.47 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
Pros:
-Evangeline Von Winter played a pretty convincing vampire queen in this story. You gotta love the way she carries herself in this fetish vid: her character is arrogant and lustful and full of pride. She also plays the ‘fish out of water’ routine well when she appears in a modern time frame with no idea of how she got to where she is or what times are like now.
-Loved the Victorian dress that Evangeline has on and those eyes of her…they were just creepy. Her hissing and baring her fangs really made her intimidating in this story also.
-Good dialogue and conversation between Evangeline and Lady Diana in the story too. Wonder Woman tells her everything she wants to know about the near-extinction of the Vampire Council and Evangeline’s reaction to learning that her people have become an endangered species was interesting also.
-Loved the hypnosis thing that Evangeline did in this story and her feeding on Wonder Woman was very…sensual, though bloody. Good use of special makeup effects for the feasting scene.

Cons:
-They didn’t choose a good location for Wonder Woman and Lady Evangeline to have their encounter. I mean, a confrontation in the middle of an apartment hallway? Not a good idea. What are the odds that a civilian could’ve walked into the middle of the fray?
-Evangeline has some sort of energy manipulation powers, but the special effects to showcase this weren’t implemented correctly. There wasn’t any sound coming from the energy orb she wielded and hurled at Wonder Woman, so that’s an area that could use a little work.
-I was expecting a catfight but all Evangeline and Lady Diana did was have a ‘test of strength’ contest that Diana ends up losing.
-I just can’t see Lady Diana playing a superheroine in this vid, at least not a Wonder Woman role. She’s played a villainess for so long now, it’s kinda hard for me to see her playing anything else other than a villain at this point in time. But that doesn’t mean that she can’t do it though, I just don’t think the Wonder Woman role works for her.
-So many jump-cuts in the vid made it feel like it wasn’t moving smoothly between scenes. The apartment conversation between Evangeline and Lady Diana showcases the most jump cuts.
-Evangeline doesn’t really get to do much on Lady Diana except make her expose herself so she can feed on her. If she’s a vampire queen, she should be doing all sorts of naughty things with Wonder Woman for the first half of the story.

Final Outcome:
‘Victorian Vampire meets Wonder Woman’ had a lot of potential, but the flaws in this vid almost made it hard to enjoy. Though given that it was a low-budget vid, the cast can’t be faulted for that because they did give it their all with what they had. If part 2 is made, I look forward to seeing it.
Final score for this vid: 5 ½ out of 10.
Last edited by Doctor Outcome 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Doctor Outcome wrote:Plot: Wonder Woman receives a call from Batgirl to investigate a disturbance at an apartment complex, though she doesn’t see any signs of an intrusion and is prepared to abort mission and return to base. Out of nowhere though, a being dressed from the Victorian-era appears and Wonder Woman realizes that she’s staring at a bonafide vampire queen.
The vampire, who calls herself Evangeline, sees potential in Wonder Woman and would like for her to be her servant, but the Amazon princess is not one who takes kindly to be ordered around, especially by the undead. However, Evangeline has her methods for dealing with a servant who is unruly to her…
Pros:
-Evangeline Von Winter played a pretty convincing vampire queen in this story. You gotta love the way she carries herself in this fetish vid: her character is arrogant and lustful and full of pride. She also plays the ‘fish out of water’ routine well when she appears in a modern time frame with no idea of how she got to where she is or what times are like now.
-Loved the Victorian dress that Evangeline has on and those eyes of her…they were just creepy. Her hissing and baring her fangs really made her intimidating in this story also.
-Good dialogue and conversation between Evangeline and Lady Diana in the story too. Wonder Woman tells her everything she wants to know about the near-extinction of the Vampire Council and Evangeline’s reaction to learning that her people have become an endangered species was interesting also.
-Loved the hypnosis thing that Evangeline did in this story and her feeding on Wonder Woman was very…sensual, though bloody. Good use of special makeup effects for the feasting scene.

Cons:
-They didn’t choose a good location for Wonder Woman and Lady Evangeline to have their encounter. I mean, a confrontation in the middle of an apartment hallway? Not a good idea. What are the odds that a civilian could’ve walked into the middle of the fray?
-Evangeline has some sort of energy manipulation powers, but the special effects to showcase this weren’t implemented correctly. There wasn’t any sound coming from the energy orb she wielded and hurled at Wonder Woman, so that’s an area that could use a little work.
-I was expecting a catfight but all Evangeline and Lady Diana did was have a ‘test of strength’ contest that Diana ends up losing.
-I just can’t see Lady Diana playing a superheroine in this vid, at least not a Wonder Woman role. She’s played a villainess for so long now, it’s kinda hard for me to see her playing anything else other than a villain at this point in time. But that doesn’t mean that she can’t do it though, I just don’t think the Wonder Woman role works for her.
-So many jump-cuts in the vid made it feel like it wasn’t moving smoothly between scenes. The apartment conversation between Evangeline and Lady Diana showcases the most jump cuts.
-Evangeline doesn’t really get to do much on Lady Diana except make her expose herself so she can feed on her. If she’s a vampire queen, she should be doing all sorts of naughty things with Wonder Woman for the first half of the story.

Final Outcome:
‘Victorian Vampire meets Wonder Woman’ had a lot of potential, but the flaws in this vid almost made it hard to enjoy. Though given that it was a low-budget vid, the cast can’t be faulted for that because they did give it their all with what they had. If part 2 is made, I look forward to seeing it.

I could argue about the comments but most of them are true so i will just accept this as an opportunity to do better.

there are, however, a few points I would like to clear up

Doctor Outcome wrote: -They didn’t choose a good location for Wonder Woman and Lady Evangeline to have their encounter. I mean, a confrontation in the middle of an apartment hallway? Not a good idea. What are the odds that a civilian could’ve walked into the middle of the fray?
What can I say? I work with what i have.
I cannot afford to rent out a studio when the per hour charge is $500/hr to start. I use what I can and try to make up by including it in the story. in this case the portal was opening up there. no-one chose for the portal to be placed there. I have only so many locations I can shoot in and when we are shooting an 8 hour day and shooting 5-7 movies i can't have them all in the same location. thats it. thats my only excuse. the argument you have is legitimate but I feel I should at least try to explain

Doctor Outcome wrote: -I just can’t see Lady Diana playing a superheroine in this vid, at least not a Wonder Woman role. She’s played a villainess for so long now, it’s kinda hard for me to see her playing anything else other than a villain at this point in time. But that doesn’t mean that she can’t do it though, I just don’t think the Wonder Woman role works for her.
I don't think I can disagree with you any more! Diana has a wonderful and well established history being Wonder Woman. its not my place to tell but if you like ask her the history of her and Wonder Woman, its a great story

other than those two things I agree that there is area for improvement. I will try to work on the lengths of the cuts and try to expand them.

I never even thought of adding sound to the FX as its flying. I understand how better it could have been now and agree that its a step that should have been taken. I will make sure to add this to the list of things to do with raw footage in the fixture. thank you for pointing it out.

I freely and happily accept your score.
I will try to do better in the future
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
Doctor Outcome wrote:Plot: Wonder Woman receives a call from Batgirl to investigate a disturbance at an apartment complex, though she doesn’t see any signs of an intrusion and is prepared to abort mission and return to base. Out of nowhere though, a being dressed from the Victorian-era appears and Wonder Woman realizes that she’s staring at a bonafide vampire queen.
Pros:

Cons:

Final Outcome:

I could argue about the comments but most of them are true so i will just accept this as an opportunity to do better.

there are, however, a few points I would like to clear up

Doctor Outcome wrote: -They didn’t choose a good location for Wonder Woman and Lady Evangeline to have their encounter. I mean, a confrontation in the middle of an apartment hallway? Not a good idea. What are the odds that a civilian could’ve walked into the middle of the fray?
What can I say? I work with what i have.
I cannot afford to rent out a studio when the per hour charge is $500/hr to start. I use what I can and try to make up by including it in the story. in this case the portal was opening up there. no-one chose for the portal to be placed there. I have only so many locations I can shoot in and when we are shooting an 8 hour day and shooting 5-7 movies i can't have them all in the same location. thats it. thats my only excuse. the argument you have is legitimate but I feel I should at least try to explain

Doctor Outcome wrote: -I just can’t see Lady Diana playing a superheroine in this vid, at least not a Wonder Woman role. She’s played a villainess for so long now, it’s kinda hard for me to see her playing anything else other than a villain at this point in time. But that doesn’t mean that she can’t do it though, I just don’t think the Wonder Woman role works for her.
I don't think I can disagree with you any more! Diana has a wonderful and well established history being Wonder Woman. its not my place to tell but if you like ask her the history of her and Wonder Woman, its a great story

other than those two things I agree that there is area for improvement. I will try to work on the lengths of the cuts and try to expand them.

I never even thought of adding sound to the FX as its flying. I understand how better it could have been now and agree that its a step that should have been taken. I will make sure to add this to the list of things to do with raw footage in the fixture. thank you for pointing it out.

I freely and happily accept your score.
I will try to do better in the future
Dear Knights of Gotham,

Thank you for the insight that you provided. Please know, that it wasn't my intention to give such a low score (I try not to be so cutthroat when it comes to my diagnosis of things). I give as much constructive criticism as possible also (mainly in the hopes that my diagnosis will be taken into good use for future stories to come). For what it's worth, the vid was fun and I enjoyed that you blended the supernatural with the superheroine elements of this story as that's something that not too many producers have done...and your project was the first that I've seen that really took the two genres in a whole different direction.

Also, I'm glad that you told me why you did the things you did for the 'Hallway battle'. Anytime a producer or fetish model does something, I'm always looking for commentary on why they did what they did or even how they did it. I like to be on the same level as them and try to get an overview on what direction they're trying to push the fetish vid towards. It makes it easier for me to debate whether or not it'll be good or bad based on the decisions that were made for it. Now that I know that the reason was a studio-issue, that helps me for future diagnosis. (Though keep in mind, I'll still judge the product on location values from time to time).

The story was still fun though and this was my first seeing your work. I thought it was Evangeline's idea, but either way, I'm glad that you, her and Lady Diana got to work together on this. Also, I'm sure that Lady Diana probably would be great in the superheroine role, but she's got so many notches in her belt from playing the villainess, that's why it's kinda hard for me to see her in either other role sometimes. She attacks the bad-girl role with such ferocity it's amazing. That what I like mostly about her performance.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I love this thread and the way the producer explained in detail his position.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Dragon1 wrote:I love this thread and the way the producer explained in detail his position.
Likewise, Dragon1. Whenever I do a review, if the producer has some commentary on why things were done a certain way, I'm always looking to know what it was. I like the details on what and how things were put together and even more, what the crew and the models were thinking or feeling when said production was put together.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Doctor Outcome wrote: it wasn't my intention to give such a low score (I try not to be so cutthroat when it comes to my diagnosis of things).
No, it's ok. I completely agree with the points given. I don't argue the score. I think its a fair assessment. the things you listed as cons were actual cons and things to look forward to for future projects.
I will be the first one to submit that my movies are not blockbuster movie quality, they are more like fun B movies.
The object is to convey one or more fetish elements into a project, then build a story around it and include humor (especially if the movie will be bloody and gory)

If you line up my movies next to other producers you will find that the difference is similar to comparing a tenured college professor with a junior high school TA

However the feed back I get from people who actually paid to see one of our movies is critical because its how I will evolve. Great movies do not happen overnight. I take all the critiques seriously. its the only way to improve.

Doctor Outcome wrote:
Also, I'm glad that you told me why you did the things you did for the 'Hallway battle'. Anytime a producer or fetish model does something, I'm always looking for commentary on why they did what they did or even how they did it. I like to be on the same level as them and try to get an overview on what direction they're trying to push the fetish vid towards. It makes it easier for me to debate whether or not it'll be good or bad based on the decisions that were made for it. Now that I know that the reason was a studio-issue, that helps me for future diagnosis. (Though keep in mind, I'll still judge the product on location values from time to time).
I'm looking into a studio that has a green screened room which would allow me to do far superior chroma key projects. and the studio also has a second set. this second set can be an alley, a prison cell, or a subway.
the room itself is $450/hr and if I want the pre-built sets i would need to pay an extra $200 Im still looking for a good studio, but its not as easy as California/Atlanta
Now that the summer is here Im looking forward to shooting a few movies outside in the park. its just a matter of getting the ladies there.

Doctor Outcome wrote:
The story was still fun though and this was my first seeing your work. I thought it was Evangeline's idea, but either way, I'm glad that you, her and Lady Diana got to work together on this. Also, I'm sure that Lady Diana probably would be great in the superheroine role, but she's got so many notches in her belt from playing the villainess, that's why it's kinda hard for me to see her in either other role sometimes. She attacks the bad-girl role with such ferocity it's amazing. That what I like mostly about her performance.
Diana Knight is a force of nature. If we lived near her we would be shooting with her constantly. as it stands she is from the west coast and we are from NYC and she only comes once a year in May. So we have to shoot as many projects with her to make sure we have enough content to last the year. I personally love her as the heroine because she spends so much time as the villain. And knowing her amazing story about her connection with Wonder Woman only makes me want to put her in the costume all the time.

Thank you for your review. Im glad that you purchased the project and took the time to review it.
I have taken all your points seriously and have already started making notes on future shoots.

Thanks again
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I like a lot of EVW older material. I still enjoy their new stuff as well. I really just like the customer service more than anything that they provide. If someone is not satisfied, or has any questions, they truly do get back ASAP. Obviously, there are some video/cut issues that I do not like, but all in all, one of the best out there producing vids, and easy to get a hold of which is #1 in my book. Great reviews and convo's though, gives us all insight on your filming process!
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

xxxwarriorxxx wrote:Obviously, there are some video/cut issues that I do not like
Thank you for the very kind words, I appreciate them, but I would like to touch on your critique
What exactly about the cuts don't you like? is there an alternative? please feel free to reply here or to email me directly.

[email protected]

Thank you again
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
xxxwarriorxxx wrote:Obviously, there are some video/cut issues that I do not like
Thank you for the very kind words, I appreciate them, but I would like to touch on your critique
What exactly about the cuts don't you like? is there an alternative? please feel free to reply here or to email me directly.

[email protected]

Thank you again
Oh, one other thing KnightsofGotham: ya' know the part where I mentioned the battle in the hallway? I wasn't just speaking literally, I was speaking figuratively also. Like imagine if you will:

Evangeline throws an energy orb at Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman may not have time to deflect or she may manage to deflect it. The orb either misses her or she sends it back at Evangeline and Evangeline dodges it and a civilian comes out of nowhere and gets disintegrated by it. That's the only real reason why I mentioned a battle in the hall would've been a bad idea as Wonder Woman would like to keep civies out of harm's way.

But again, I still respect your position on filming in the hallway. :thumbup: