Heroine Debut!

LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

Sorry for the delay in replying to several threads! It has been an insane weekend of shoots.

Speaking of....

A new heroine joins the roster! First time Actress Lilly Hawke is knocking it out of the park already and I think she is going to bring a lot of wonderful tales to the SHIP table. Her first role as the heroine "Torrentia" is pictured below! I'd write more, but it's time to go shoot again. Wish us luck! Follow our Instagram from the link in my signature for first looks and behind the scenes shots.
Torrentia.png
Torrentia.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 3141 times
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://luciafilms.rocks/index.html
shevek
Producer
Producer

She looks amazing! And that is an incredible suit - did you have it made?
Also...is she going to have actual water powers, and if so how will you pull that off? I really want to do a hydro-powered heroine next season but I want it to look convincing.
LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

shevek wrote:
5 years ago
She looks amazing! And that is an incredible suit - did you have it made?
Also...is she going to have actual water powers, and if so how will you pull that off? I really want to do a hydro-powered heroine next season but I want it to look convincing.
She does! And yes, we have a seamstress in our company that makes our costumes. She is ridiculously talented and a huge boon for the "Oh god we need a new costume like.. tomorrow!" situations. I think she made the one pictured virtually overnight.
She won't have water powers unfortunately, thought we did consider it. In the end we felt like that was simply out of our time budget to render. There might be ways to handle that with film cleverness too, but the entire movie would have to be shot around that idea. Instead, she will simply have blue energy powers that are kind of reminiscent of water. The torrent is more of a force of her being, than an actual liquid. Maybe some day!

@MightyHypnotic Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shevek
Producer
Producer

Thanks so much for the quick reply Lucia!

Yes I'm really intrigued by the idea of pulling off a water-powered heroine and/or villain, especially since I love the Fathom comics, Amber Heard looks so hot as Mera, and there will be kind of a zeitgeist for it after the Aquaman movie comes out. I like the "blue torrent of her being" idea..maybe combined with some real buckets and hoses here and there. Getting people wet is fun, but the problem is..it's one take. We'll have to see how it can be pulled off.

You are so lucky to have a go-to seamstress who will do that kind of detailed work. We need to find one like that. So far we have had part-time seamstresses with other busy jobs who have been able to alter existing costumes, like sewing on straps, putting on zippers, and attaching logos. But nobody who is reliable enough to create a whole new costume from scratch. Definitely something to think about. You really have your act together big time. Can't wait to see Torrentia in action!
LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

shevek wrote:
5 years ago
Thanks so much for the quick reply Lucia!

Yes I'm really intrigued by the idea of pulling off a water-powered heroine and/or villain, especially since I love the Fathom comics, Amber Heard looks so hot as Mera, and there will be kind of a zeitgeist for it after the Aquaman movie comes out. I like the "blue torrent of her being" idea..maybe combined with some real buckets and hoses here and there. Getting people wet is fun, but the problem is..it's one take. We'll have to see how it can be pulled off.

You are so lucky to have a go-to seamstress who will do that kind of detailed work. We need to find one like that. So far we have had part-time seamstresses with other busy jobs who have been able to alter existing costumes, like sewing on straps, putting on zippers, and attaching logos. But nobody who is reliable enough to create a whole new costume from scratch. Definitely something to think about. You really have your act together big time. Can't wait to see Torrentia in action!
Agreed! Water is so tricky though. Not only is there the pressure to get it right in one take (something we experienced with the slime shoots) but there are also the dangers of electricity with all of the lights and equipment and also the location. I can just imagine trying to mop all of the water out of our studios! Hahah. Definitely an outdoors shoot sort of project.

And yes, I agree! We are blessed to have her. She is a real talent and boon to our company. She also really loves the genre and frequently helps out during shooting. Super fun person all around. I will pass along your kind words to her!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

There just aren't enough studios with costumes this good. Kudos! :)
LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
5 years ago
There just aren't enough studios with costumes this good. Kudos! :)
Thank you for the kindness! I passed along all of the costume love in this thread to her and her exact reply was-
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa X3
Which is shy-speak for 'Thank you!'
LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

Sooooooooon....
C0117.MP4.02_34_15_20.Still001.png
C0117.MP4.02_34_15_20.Still001.png (2.91 MiB) Viewed 2897 times
C0013.00_32_33_23.Still010.png
C0013.00_32_33_23.Still010.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 2897 times