Vigil 2 - Beauty and the Beast

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Artee
Henchman
Henchman

Hi. Sorry for the long hiatus — I'd actually had a lot of this written but had a lot of trouble filling up the middle parts, deciding what to cut, what to start with. I think it's better than when I first started with Vigil 1, and now at least I've got a more complete picture of where I want this to go, along with a better idea of who the characters are, what the lore is, etc.

I'm posting this without much polish — I've been running back and forth playing with the story for close to four months with no decision, at least posting it here would hopefully make me commit to finishing it proper.

You may see some changes in her character, in the story's tone, in lore, but I've tried to keep those to a minimum. And I tend to go for a lot of story and lore with lesser smutty stuff in between, apologies for that. I might change a few things in the earlier parts of the story as I continue posting more parts, but that's what this is — a work in progress :D

Also I decided this fits better in this category. Hope no one minds the change.

Sorry for the long disclaimer, hope you enjoy this! :)

NOTE: This story is quite long, IMO. So if you're just here for the sex, skip to Chapter 6. :)

~~~

Prologue: The President

“Mutants.” William spat, casting a gaze over the crowd who erupted into a choir of boos. He smiled. No doubt his agents were among them, shouting, riling them up, guiding the crowd’s opinion the way he wanted it to go. “It’s been six months, six months since we brought down the arrogant supremacists who thought they could keep their boot over us ‘ordinary’ mortals. Yet do we mistreat them, in some misguided act of revenge?”

The crowd was quiet, captivated.

No.” He waited for his emphasis to sink in, before continuing. “Three months ago I began the New Leaf Project. Since then, countless mutants have been released from the torment of their mutations, rehabilitated and reformed into productive members of society.” He smiled again — his past associate’s work was particularly useful in that, and her inventions still proved their worth even after she had escaped from his attempt to dispose of her. “They are now among us, as friends, as co-workers. As equals.”

Applause, cheers erupted among the audience — though a small part of his mind wondered how much of it was engineered by his agents. “Still, the Project’s work continues in Palmer Containment. Our brave men and women of NovaSec have their jobs cut out for them — jobs that they will perform with distinction as they’ve—”

---

“Ugh.” Mimosa Quechet, or as her enemies called her, Mindshaper, shut off the live broadcast. One day… she thought, tracing the scar on her face, recalling the day his goons rushed into her bedroom, catching her completely by surprise. Her escape was pure luck. She glared at the blank screen, the face of Mayor William still burned in her mind. She would have her revenge. She would have him kneeling before her, close but not broken, his mind kept barely functional — just enough to comprehend his utter humiliation but not enough to do anything about it. And maybe she’d have her toys back, too.

That was what the Big Boss promised her. It was the sole reason she had joined with this little band of fools. Fools — that’s what they were — never realising the threat of the vigilante, all hoping to take her down on their own. Now Doctor Ghash was dead, killed by the hands of the mysterious vigilante who had resurfaced from nowhere — Vigil.

Unexpected for a vigilante, but surprisingly effective — if Vigil wanted the Pact’s full attention. She clearly had it now. The Big Boss was incredibly difficult to read, with that stupid mind-shield in place, but it didn’t take a mentalist to read his utter shock and anger that day. Now they were meeting nearly daily, taking forever just to decide even after they’d agreed on the Big Boss’s ‘beast’ plan.

As she said — Fools.

Still, she couldn’t deny their usefulness. Somehow the Big Boss had managed to get Calypso Pharma to assist in her little project, in secret of course, with William’s NovaSec goons still hunting for her.

Mimosa called it the Scalpel. While her innate powers could tamper with one’s surface memories and experiences, to truly reach down, dig deeper to manipulate their long-term memories and beliefs, she needed something more. The Scalpel could do just that. It just took a lot more time and patience — and skill. A minor mistake could cause terrible consequences...like with Miko. She sighed, turning to look at the blank face of the former superheroine on her right. Mimosa had been trying — just as she was trying now with Lightraye — to change Miko’s allegiance, to alter her memories without losing the important bits like Miko’s forcefield abilities, healing abilities and so on.

Mimosa messed up. She was impatient. After an incision here, a change there, something in Miko’s memories just...didn’t add up. It wasn’t something minor that Miko’s mind could subconsciously smooth it over and carry on with life, it was something pretty big, leading to a complete mental shutdown. Emma Miko, once the Guardian, now barely even knew her own name — she was nothing more than a mindless slave.

Granted, she was useful, just not in the capacity Mimosa had envisioned. It was such a waste. Which was why the Big Boss’s incessant chase on her progress with Lightraye was so bloody infuriating — you can’t rush this kind of work! The subject needed to be soothed, kept in a state of mental, physical and even sexual bliss — unable to put up any significant mental resistance — before he or she could even begin to accept the mental alterations from the Scalpel. Then came the part where she would have to sift through the memories to choose an appropriate one to alter, then she needed to double-check if everything made sense, then…

It was hard work.

Rewarding, though. Mimosa smiled as she thought of her inevitable conquest of Lightraye, before she dismissed the Big Boss’s latest query with a swipe on her tablet. He can wait.
Last edited by Artee 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Artee
Henchman
Henchman

Chapter 1: Adaptation

“No, no, n-uhhh…”

The woman shuddered, a disorientating wave enveloping her mind, her hand reaching out to cling onto the wall for support. Hector grinned, carefully withdrawing the injector and gently wiping the trickle of blood that exited from the injection site, his touch drawing a wordless gasp from the woman, the chemical already swinging her senses into overdrive.

Slowly loosening his grip, he allowed the woman to crumble to the ground, watching as she would inevitably succumb to the effects of Aphrodite’s Apple — double-A, a potent aphrodisiac drawn from some Calypso Pharma method Hector couldn’t be bothered to remember. With his fellow Red Hopper, he’ll enjoy the spoils before bringing the woman back to the rest of the Hoppers. The initial injection was more than enough to keep her docile for now until they brought her back, then it would take another few more days to process her.

Hector hoped he’d get to enjoy the finished product. She’d been so damned annoying, screaming and crying as she was dragged from her doorstep — they were lucky no one seemed to be alerted to the woman’s abduction.

“Hector. Heads up.”

Hector sighed. He’d spoken too soon. Turning, his annoyance melted into growing vindication. ‘You’d never run into her!’, they’d said — well look who was right all this while! They were lucky she was here and not stopping any one of the other less-prepared Hoppers around the city. Though her new uniform was slightly different — it was quite difficult to mistake the only vigilante in town for someone else.

She was walking towards them, calmly, confidently. She had the right to be confident. Few people could match her one-on-one — hell, even four-on-one, he’d heard — in close combat. With Alfred here, that only made two. Those were terrible odds...without his ace-in-the-hole.

Quicker than she could react, he’d drawn out an improvised crossbow, his other hand already loading it with a single bolt. The bolt’s precious pink payload wobbled in its tiny vial as he centred the crossbow on his target. He’d have to be accurate, he only had five of these bolts — double-A was expensive, and its price had skyrocketed since the disappearance of several double-A suppliers throughout the city.

He fired. She barely had time to flinch as it flew straight towards her torso.

Hector’s shot was accurate. Hector's shot was precise. Hector's shot was utterly ineffective.

The bolt shattered as it met its mark, its cargo merely painting the vigilante’s black shirt an obnoxious pink. No — not a shirt — armour. The darkness made it impossible to discern, though it was increasingly obvious the vigilante now donned a thin vest of some sort.

When the hell…?

---

It was her time to smile. A synthetic nanoweave, courtesy of whatever supplies she had scrapped together from Shadow Project’s forgotten lair, coupled with kevlar and thin soft plates beneath. The vest, which contained the soft plates, resembled a medieval cuirass. The rest of her uniform lacked the soft plates, but were modestly protected with the nanoweave.

The surprise gone, she released several tiny bangers, they crackled loudly as they exploded like firecrackers, startling the men — delaying them.

The next two shots splattered harmlessly on her chest, the fourth flew past her more vulnerable arm and the fifth shooting past her face.

“Shoot her with a gun, a gun!”

The man who was shouting charged, presumably to buy his partner time. Brutelike and tactless, she let him pass her to the side, before dispatching him easily before turning her attention to ‘Hector’.

The first shot took her by surprise, the largely-softened impact still knocking the air out from her lungs. She knife-handed his weapon arm, sliding close to deliver an elbow strike against the man’s throat. Gagging, the man stumbled back, before she thrust her leg up against his groin, finishing the man off with a simple punch to the head.

Allowing her adrenaline to slow, she dropped her eyes to the impact site. A standard round — 9mm? Her sister Angie would’ve known, and her reckless hunt of these double-A suppliers and abduction gangs was taking precious time from her goal — finding Angie. Still, double-A was a huge threat not just to herself, but to the city — ridding the city of it would pay off. And there was still the matter of the Pact and the so-called ‘beast’ they planned on unleashing…

A soft moan drew Vigil from her thoughts and she blinked sharply — the victim! Vigil turned to look at her — and there she was, shamelessly fingering herself! — Vigil snapped her eyes away. There wasn’t much she could do for the victim now — only to let her ride out the high, though she could probably move her somewhere safer.

“Hey, umm, miss? Where do you live?” Vigil asked, her face reddening as she cautiously averted her eyes.

“Oooo, wanna take me home? Ravish me?” the woman said in between pants, her eyes a dull pink.

“Ugh.” The woman’s behaviour under the drug brought up fresh memories of her encounter with Doctor Ghash — and those weren’t good memories. She wouldn’t be very helpful in this state — walking up to her and easily dodging a hug attempt from the woman, Vigil swept behind her, wrapping an arm around her neck that blocked her carotid arteries.

“Ooo, kinky...wait, babe— I can’t—” was all she could breathe out before she was out cold. She’d be out for less than a minute — Vigil bound her hands together with handcuffs, before pulling the woman’s half-removed pants back up, covering her up. Vigil began digging in her pockets for some form of identification.

She found a name — Lynn Corona. Her address was easy to find after that.

Then she found a police badge — Irellian City Police Department. Shit. Who knew how Ms. Corona would react to the vigilante’s presence in her home once she’d snapped out of the double-A haze. Vigil was, after all, a fugitive, violating probably every single section of the Anti-Vigilante Act. Being in a police officer's home — no, being in an unconscious, drugged police officer's home whose last recollection was being abducted by strangers...she wouldn't be surprised if Ms. Corona reacted poorly to her presence.

Then again, I could just leave her tied up until she calms down. With that thought, Vigil slung the stirring woman over her shoulder, firing a grappling hook up to the roofs for better cover.
Artee
Henchman
Henchman

Chapter 2: A Familiar Face

Sergeant Kane Barnes observed the scene of the crime. It was gory — one man, presumably the leader, lay dead, his head crunched in in a pool of blood. Two others were arrested, with one witness — a prostitute. The dried blood still remained, with a white outline indicating the location of the corpse before it was hauled away for the coroner.

Initial reports pointed to a gang fight, but further investigation and interrogation revealed the vigilante had something to do with this. That was why they called the police’s Mutant Affairs Force in — that was why he and his partner were called in. Where the hell was she? “Late” wasn’t a trait typically attributed to Detective Lynn Corona, and yet she was already fifteen minutes late, and counting.

Muttering a ‘tsk’ as his call failed to go through to her phone, a brief flutter of worry ran through his heart — could she have run into some trouble of sorts? She didn’t turn up at the precinct earlier. Then again, she was in pretty bad shape after the anniversary dinner the day before — Kane made a note in his mind to check if she was alright at her house later — it was on the way anyway.

“Detec—oh, Sergeant.” The officer mumbled, looking around, confused, “Have you seen Detective Corona?”

“She’s not well. I’m with her. What do we have?”

“Two beaten-up thugs, one dead — all from the 117 gang,” the officer read from his clipboard, “one witness from the brothel just down the street.”

“Where’s the brothel?”

“Two blocks down, turn right and—err, I mean, I don’t know. Sir. Sarge. Sergeant.”

Kane let his stern facade fall to a smile. “Just messing with you, officer.”

The officer looked markedly relieved, before continuing. “According to the witness, she was being robbed by the gangsters before the vigilante came in, knocked two of them out but was ambushed by their leader. In the process of the fight, she killed him with a crowbar.”

More evidence proving the vigilante was losing it. Analysis indicated this man’s murder occurred a few days before Doctor Ghash’s death — who knew how many more people were being killed by the reckless ‘heroine’? Detective Corona’s naive support for the vigilante only served to infuriate him more — though he couldn’t fault her, her parents having been rescued by one of the League heroes whose name he couldn’t be bothered to remember.

He checked his watch, then his phone for any messages. She was twenty minutes late. Screw this case. He couldn’t put this off anymore.

“Thank you, officer. Send them over to my work email, I have something that just cropped up.”

---

Vigil dropped from the ceiling, landing lithely on the ground. She'd received an emergency call on her phone — which made no sense, unless it was from one of her old contacts. Looking up, she rolled her eyes.

The man stood tall in his speckless business suit, his suitcase wide open as the smiling security guard mindlessly swept the jewelry inside. He turned to look at the new arrival. “Ah, glad you could make it.”

“Get out of his head, Fred.”

“Fine.”

The guard’s smile faded, as he shook her head, disoriented. Looking up to see the two fugitives, his hand shot to his walkie-talkie, but Fred quickly brought his finger up to the guard’s temple and the guard faltered, his eyelids drooping before he fell unconscious.

“Happy?”

“You do know robbery is a crime, right?”

“Yes, but so is murdering an innocent man.”

Vigil glared. “So you’ve heard.”

“I’ve heard a good many things since your return, Faith — things that still surprise me.”

“Don’t use my name.”

“Faith. Faith, Faith, Faith.”

Vigil snapped out her stun baton — flipping its safety and depressing the trigger. A sharp, electric sound cut through the air.

“Ooo, a new toy. New uniform too. Still, wonder if it’s the same you?” his voice betrayed a tinge of tension — he was using his powers!

Hands against her ass, his rod slowly enters her she groans, thrusting her hips forward against him

The pressure on her head dissipated as she broke through, shattering the memory-vision. “Get the fuck out of my head.” she growled.

As she advanced he stepped back, cautious to keep his distance.

“Awww. I’d hoped you’d be happy to reminisce about our memories together.”

“Why, you missed me?” she bit back, masking the way he was making her flustered. Don’t let him get in your head.

“Did you?” he countered.

Vigil stopped, blinking. I do miss him. In fact, I want to

She squeezed her eyes shut, mentally picturing the thought being forced out of her mind. It sounded silly, but mental exercises like these were standard Academy training. “I said, out.” she snarled.

“Last we clashed, your mind wasn’t this...vulnerable. Losing your touch, Faith?”

He was really getting on her nerves. Enough. With shocking speed she hurled a banger ahead — the sudden crackle enough to cause the mentalist to step back. She leapt upon him, slamming him to the ground. Staring at him for a moment, she sighed and released him.

“Look. You sent an anonymous distress call to me — I’m sure you didn’t call me here just to kick your ass.” she said.

He grunted, his voice still strained from the pain. “As I said, I’ve heard a lot of things of your return.”

“Get to the point.”

“I know what the Pact seeks — and I know it’s of interest to you.”

Intriguing. “Continue.”

“I work with them occasionally. They seek what they call the ‘beast’ — a nonhuman that feeds off sex. It’s in cryo-stasis — and the Pact is gearing up to release it.”

"What do you mean?"

"They've got guns, armoured vehicles, ballistic shields — and that's not even talking about Mindshaper's enthralled men. And they know where to break it free."

"Where?"

He smirked. “That’ll have to wait.”

“What do you mean?”

A previously-unnoticed barrier in her ears dissipated, the sound of nearby police sirens flooding in. Fred saw the look on the masked woman’s face. “Humans have so many thoughts going on — even a trained non-mutant like you can’t mask them all. Surface thoughts like the sound of the sirens are pitifully easy to...forget.” He sighed as the tension in his voice dissipated.

“Clever.” Vigil begrudgingly acknowledged. She listened carefully — the sirens were accompanied with long, distinct wails. “NovaSec sirens. What's to stop me from leaving you here?”

"Without me, you'll have to stop a raid you don't even know where is going to happen. And it's happening in three days."

Vigil bit her lip. She could hear the cars screech to a halt outside.

Fred smiled triumphantly. "Get me out of here. Help me out, and I'll help you out."

She glared daggers at him. She hated this plan — who knew what his intentions were? She could easily lose herself to his powers, especially over the prolonged period of time she'd need to spend to draw out all the information she needed. Three days. That's all she had — with his information she could at least prepare to stop the Pact's attack on wherever the beast was held, or at least prepare for its release.

"NovaSec! Open up!"

"Clock's ticking, my dear." reminded the mentalist.

She sighed, firing two grapple hooks into the vent she had exited from. She handed him one of the cables. "I fucking hate your guts." she said, before the two rappled up.

---

"Ah, how exciting! Doesn't it remind you of our time together?"

She shivered, tightly holding the mentalist's head between her thighs — god he was good at this. Her fingers tightened, gripping his thick, black hair; She was close — his tongue slobbering over her clitoris, two fingers pumping inside — a shrill scream escaped her lips as—

"Gah!" she pushed him back, realising how close he'd gotten to her as she was trapped in the memory. She'd let her guard down for just one moment...

"Stop!" she snarled, "I pulled you out of there not to be your fucking plaything, and—"

"You're right."

"—and I'm starting to think that maybe...wait, what?"

He dipped his head. "You're right. I'm sorry."

What the hell was he playing at?

"It's just— all this time I've been wasting my life away on frivolous women — after the League fell I'd thought finally, I'd be free to pursue my desires and...it gets boring."

"O...okay...?" Vigil murmured, still mentally preparing herself for another intrusion.

"It's just — when we were together we had this...spark—"

"You mean when you were raping me while I was under the influence of your mind control, right?"

"...yes, it does sound bad if you put it that way, but—"

She shut her eyes, releasing a pent-up sigh. "Look. You forced me to...do things I'd rather not remember. I'd prefer if you'd just give me the information and just...not talk about this again."

A flash of—something— passed in Fred's eyes, before he sighed too. "You're right. Sorry. Meet me at my old hideout. I'm pretty sure you know where it is."

"I do. Thank you, Fred."

Looking at her watch, Vigil observed that it had been roughly six hours since ‘Lynn Corona’ had been safely returned to her bed. The double-A should be wearing off any time soon — and finding herself in bonds alone in the dark wasn’t an experience Vigil wanted the woman to face.

~~~

Alright, that's all the edited stuff I have for now. Hopefully the eDgiNeSS is visibly toned down — that's what I didn't really like in my previous writing — and hopefully the characters are more...developed I guess? I don't really have much experience writing deep characters, most of my nonerotic writing is more focused on the world building, haha :L

Have I been going too long without a sex scene or something? I don't really know how to pace erotic stories and stuff, but it's still a way before one — but once we get there, I'd like to think it'll be pretty fucking rewarding after all the buildup. Or am I dragging it too long?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Nothing worse than posting to silence so whilst I havent finished reading this yet I thought I would post now
Nicely written and a good turn of phrase, I look forward to reading the rest of it. Good job on what I have read so far, loved the style and set up of Hector's shot, great job!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Artee
Henchman
Henchman

Thanks, tallyho for your nice comments! :D

So the last update was, like, two months ago, so I hope this isn't considered necro-ing this thread or something but here's another part. If it's considered necro-ing I'd be happy to repost this story, but I think that's a little weird so...yeah.

~~~

Chapter 3: The Investigation
Detective Lynn Corona groaned as she woke up, stretching as she rose. Opening her eyes, she was greeted by the moonlight shining through her curtains. How long have I slept…? She flicked the lightswitch, only to be met with a feminine figure in a black uniform, seated calmly at the end of the room.

Shit. She tried to rise, only to find her wrists tied to the side of the bed. There was a dull soreness in her groin. “What the hell did you do to me?”

The vigilante rose from her seat, looking less bulky with what was probably her bulletproof vest casually discarded on the ground. “Last night two Red Hoppers kidnapped you and drugged you.” She retrieved an empty syringe from her belt. “Double-A.” Walking forward, she began untying the knots that bound Lynn. “So you can probably guess why I restrained you.”

Slightly surprised, Lynn remained still. “Huh. Thanks, I guess.”

“Try to avoid any sexual activity for two weeks, avoid prolonged contact with your genitals, avoid further exposure to any drugs, blablabla…” the vigilante continued fumbling at the knots, before giving up and holding up a knife.

“Whoa!”

Vigil smiled behind her mask. “Relax. If I wanted to kill you—”

“You won’t.” Lynn returned a smile as the vigilante slit the knot, before rubbing her reddened wrists. “Where the hell did you learn to restrain someone?”

“My sister was in the navy.” the vigilante responded casually, before proceeding to cut the ropes at Lynn’s feet. “You could say she...taught me the ropes.” Her piercing glance flicked up to see Lynn’s reaction.

“Haha, very funny.” Lynn rolled her eyes. “You clearly didn’t learn much, by the way — I don’t think the navy teaches you how to tie dead knots.” She massaged her freed wrists, before looking up at Vigil. “You do know I’m legally supposed to arrest you, right?”

The vigilante shrugged. “You won’t.” Rising from the bedside, she picked up a crossbow on the floor. “This belonged to one of the Hoppers. His buddy called him Hector. Ring any bells?”

“Hmm.” Lynn folded her arms. “What do I get out of sharing confidential information with an illegal vigilante?”

“I’m sure you want the spread of double-A to stop, right?”

“It’s not that simple. It’s a completely legal product distributed by Calypso Pharmaceuticals.”

The vigilante shook her head. “Have you tried that?”

Lynn sheepishly nodded, before glaring at Vigil’s narrowed eyes. “Don’t judge me, okay? It’s just...the feeling wasn’t as intense as the one the Hoppers hit me with.”

“Exactly. There are two types — the diluted form distributed by Calypso Pharma, and the pure, concentrated version which somehow found its way into the black market.”

Lynn nodded. “And you’re offering to help me track down the suppliers.”

“Yep. You can help me take them down. Which would probably make up for me dragging your ass out of that alley and forgoing the chance to interrogate the—”

“With your classic murderous methods?” A male voice rang out at the door.

Vigil swung around to see a revolver at her face.

“Kane!” Lynn cried, but he didn’t acknowledge her.

“Hands up, bitch. Step away from the detective.” he said, his gun trained on the vigilante who obliged, raising her arms and moving away from the bed.

“Kane, she wasn’t threatening me.”

“Bullshit.” He faced Lynn, his gun still pointed at the vigilante. “I see that empty syringe — Lynn, she injected you with some weird shit, she’s got you under some drug!”

“I didn’t—” Vigil began.

“Shut up!” he snarled. “I come in here to see my missing colleague, only to find some criminal scum trying to fuck with one of my detectives’ mind?”

“Kane, she’s on our—”

“Stop!” Kane was glaring at Lynn now. “Snap out of this—”

The vigilante spun into action. A snap kick knocked the revolver out of Kane’s hand, before she wrapped her arm around the sergeant’s neck with a stranglehold. He struggled, but eventually his violent reactions calmed as he fell unconscious.

“What the hell are you doing!?” Lynn asked, shocked. “You could’ve killed him — or yourself!”

“But I didn’t.” Vigil responded. “I’m guessing I came in at an inconvenient time.” She scribbled some numbers on a piece of paper, before handing it to Lynn quickly. “Call me if you’re interested in my proposal.” She grabbed her vest before leaving through the window.

Lynn hid the paper underneath her pillow, before rising to her feet, rushing to the sergeant’s side. Feeling his pulse, she sighed in relief.

---

The man was naked, a syringe brutally forced into his skull. Doctor Anderson Ghash. Unassuming but ambitious as hell. The only comment by Calypso Pharma was a denial of anything to do with Ghash’s actions.

Seeing an untouched vial of pink liquid on the man’s belt, Lynn stole a surreptitious glance around before grabbing it and hiding it in her handbag. She’d need to compare its contents with the concentrated double-A in the crossbow bolts the vigilante had left her with. Perhaps there were more rogue employees in Calypso’s payroll?

“Ah, Detective.”

Lynn suppressed a squeak of surprise, and turned to face Sergeant Barnes. “Kane.” she forced a smile. He didn’t seem to have seen her hide the vial.

“I explicitly told you to rest at home.”

“And I explicitly told you I’m fine. I was drugged by the Hoppers, not by the vigilante. The worst has passed.”

“Yeah, that’s what she told you. You really trust her?”

Lynn rolled her eyes. “She rescued me. I’ll give her a chance if I were you, sarge.”

“I would, if she would stop murdering innocents.”

Lynn grimaced. This crime scene wouldn’t be very kind to Vigil’s image. All the witnesses — who were all the guards Vigil had probably beaten up — had the exact same story. Vigil broke into this warehouse where Ghash was concocting some drug, beat them all up, and tied Ghash up before stabbing him to death.

It didn’t make sense.

“You,” she strode up to a handcuffed thug— one of the seven found alive but unconscious in various locations in the warehouse. “Tell the nice Sergeant what happened.”

The thug glared at them silently.

“You and your six other big, strong men were defeated by a girl?” she probed.

The thug seethed, inhaling sharply before muttering, “Mutant.”

“Whatever you tell yourself, big boy.” she smirked, before turning to the Sergeant. She looked at him expectantly.

“What?” Barnes shrugged. “You didn’t get anything out of him.”

“Nah, I was just teasing him. Look at them. Standard bruises from blunt trauma — swelling in the head, broken ribs; this one passed out from a broken kneecap — all attempts at nonlethal takedowns, and all of a sudden she decides to jam an injector into [/i]this guy’s[/i] head?”

“Ghash’s the head researcher for that double-A aphrodisiac— maybe it was a hit job.”

“A hit job, and she doesn’t use any weapons? Unlikely.”

“I know, Lynn, but just because they’re unreliable sources doesn’t mean they’re entirely wrong.”

“Look, they’re lying. I can prove it.” Lynn insisted, eyeing the chair Ghash was allegedly tied to.

“Face it, Lynn, she’s losing it. This is the second murder she’s associated with — even if she didn’t kill them you’ve got to at least question—”

“These knots.” Lynn said, holding up one of the knots on the cut ropes. They’re too neat, too ordered — she doesn’t tie them like these.” Turning around to the corpse, she squatted before the dead doctor, inspecting his wrists. She held up her own wrist for comparison. “Look at this. Ghash wasn’t the one being restrained at all.”

The sergeant’s look softened. “Then who was?”

“Well. It’s my job to find out, isn’t it, boss? Leave it to me.” Lynn said with a smile.

---

“Ugh.” Faith groaned, letting her red pen roll out of her fingers as she leaned back into her chair. She had three hours of rest last night. The rest was spent chasing down double-A suppliers, still trying to figure out where the primary source was. She had two days left before the Pact’s supposed raid would occur on wherever the hell the beast was held. Couldn’t they have waited until after midterms? She felt a strange kinship to those heroes and heroines who were students — how the hell did they juggle schoolwork and herowork, without anyone even knowing about it? Although, most of them did have superhuman powers...Faith pictured Kira Scott exploiting her super-speed to do all her homework in thirty minutes. If only I could do that…

A short vibration in her left pocket stirred her from her thoughts. Her ‘work’ phone. It couldn’t be anyone else but Fred. Stealing a glance around her work cubicle, the other three teachers had already left for lessons. She fished the phone out.

“Found the place,” the message read, ” Meet me outside the store I robbed. 5PM. Wear something nice.”

‘Wear something nice’? Seriously? Faith snorted, shaking her head. Fred was the only lead she had, and of course she was going to take it. Still, could she really trust him? There wasn’t much to work on besides his apology, which seemed sincere enough. Her background checks didn’t bring up much links between him and the Pact other than the occasional odd job or two. And she desperately needed his help if she was going to stop whatever plan the Pact was cooking up.

“Hey.”

“Gah!” Faith recoiled, fumbling with the phone to dim the screen. Forcing a smile as she turned, she looked at the man at her cubicle’s entrance. “Marcus! You scared the shit out of me.”

“Sorry, Faith.” said the young black-haired man with a disarming smile. He narrowed his eyes at the phone at her hand, smiling snidely. “I know principal Johnson’s been nice to you lately, but Mrs. Wallace is a totally different matter. She’ll crucify you.”

Grace Wallace — the new discipline mistress. Brought in after the previous one was found drugged out, covered in sexual fluids, in the male restroom. Faith didn’t like Grace, but couldn’t help but feel a certain amount of respect. In the span of a week Grace had brought in security measures that would have been unequivocally fascist when everything was normal, yet completely necessary in a time like this. Security posts at the school entrance, guards equipped with tasers, drug-sniffing dogs, silent alarm buttons installed in every classroom under the teacher’s desk, cameras in every room...hell, even the teachers weren’t spared — from weekly spot checks, to the removal of the much-loved pantry and a complete ban on messaging during working hours.

Obviously, the last one was the most draconian.

“Sue me.” Faith rolled her eyes, before slipping her phone back in her pocket. “So. You didn’t just come here to scare me, did you?”

“Right. I was just thinking…” he bit his lip, “would you like to have dinner tonight? After work?”

“Who else is coming?”

“Just the two of us.”

Faith widened her eyes in mock horror. “Just the two of us? What would Wallace say!?” She smirked, before shaking her head. “Sorry, Marcus. Got something on.”

“Oh. Oh. Sure. Uhh, tomorrow then?”

Faith smiled. “We’ll see.”

---

The dim atmosphere was lit solely by flickering candlelights on the neatly-arranged tables. Soft murmurs echoed among the sparsely-populated restaurant. This place was rich as hell. Faith shook her head, gliding through the glass doors.

“Hello, ma’am.”

“Hi, I’m Faith Leyes, I have a reservation from—”

“Of course! Right this way, ma’am.”

The waiter led her to a table tucked to the corner of the restaurant, where Fred was seated in an immaculate suit. She took a seat.

“You look beautiful.” said Fred.

Faith felt a wave of soothing satisfaction at the compliment. She glared at him, and she felt the tendrils in her mind retract sharply.

“Sorry, Faith. Force of habit.”

“A romantic dinner? Really?”

“The food here sucks, so no one comes here. A perfect place to meet, isn’t it?”

Faith rolled her eyes, observing the prices on the menu. “So long as you’re paying.”

“Of course. Back at your old job, yes?”

Faith settled the menu on the table, seeing the waiter coming from the corner of her eye. “Yes, doesn’t pay well but it’s what I’m good at.”

The waiter interrupted their conversation to take their orders, before leaving just as swiftly.

“Schooling youngsters?” Fred said with a snide smile.

Faith watched the waiter as he strode out of earshot, before leaning in. “So. What’ve you found?”

“Well, they’re calling it different names — beast, incubus, demigod…”

“Demigod?”

“Yeah. According to them, the old records from your League indicated it was a humanlike creature granted powers by an extraplanar deity.”

Faith groaned inwardly. “Great. A magical godlike creature, and no powered mutants to help this time.”

“You’ve defeated mutants before, haven’t you?”

Faith didn’t answer, instead biting her lip. “It’s not active yet, right?”

“No. They need to awaken it, by releasing it from cryostasis.”

Faith looked up. “Then we need to hurry. I don’t think the Pact knows what they’re messing with, and neither do I. Help me locate the damn creature.” She turned to smile at the incoming waiter, who swiftly delivered their orders and left.

Fred grinned widely. “I already have. It’s in Palmer Containment, in Laboratory 3.”

“The prison? No way.” Faith said. Palmer Containment was the sole prison in the city dedicated to containing and…’reforming’ the city’s mutants. Under the corrupt mayor’s so-called New Leaf project many former League members were arrested and underwent reforming to be good little citizens. Or so much of the city thought. None of the prisoners ever saw the light of day, and were brainwashed to be slaves. So much for the greater good. “The Pact can’t possibly have the resources to take on NovaSec.” Faith said, shaking her head.

“They don’t need to. They’ve identified the guards going to be on watch in two days’ time, and Mindshaper has worked her magic on them.”

“And that’s when they’ll make their move. Clever. You free later?”

“Why?”

“We’ll pay them a visit. Tonight.”

“I don’t think bursting in there fully kitted up would do much against NovaSec’s equipment. They do have armour-piercing ammunition, you know.”

Faith felt the idea flowing into her mind as she spoke, “Yes...but I won’t be kitted up. I’ll...sneak in there and plant some explosives and bugs around the place. Once the Pact makes their move the explosives seal the entrances and I send an anonymous alarm to NovaSec. The Pact’ll be delayed long enough for NovaSec to respond.”

Fred frowned, using a serviette to wipe off a droplet of blood from his nose.

“You alright?” Faith broke from her train of thought, alarmed.

“Yeah.” Fred gave a reassuring smile. “You’re cute when you’re focused like that.”

Faith rolled her eyes. “You’re still paying.” Rising from her seat, she said, “10PM. I’ll message you on where to meet.”

---

The Big Boss was surprisingly calm as the other members of the Pact filed into the modest briefing room. Mimosa tried to probe, but the mindshield deflected her mental tendrils. She shook her head, before taking a seat, ignoring the slight smile on the Big Boss’s face.

“My friends.”

That was weird. He’d never referred to them as such unless he was really happy. And given the recent events, there wasn’t anything to be happy about.

“I have solved it. Soon, our...problem will be dealt with.”

“Solved?” this voice came from a man dressed in a labcoat not unlike the one Doctor Ghash wore. A protege, perhaps? “Just yesterday we were called into an emergency meeting when you accused us of creating defective equipment, and now all of a sudden the vigilante is...solved!?”

“I apologise for yesterday’s outburst, Doctor Weers. I was, like most of you, taken by surprise by the vigilante’s sudden reappearance and new equipment. We now know she was equipped by at least Level IIIA body armour, though we suspect her to be using former League equipment which suggests the use of nanoweave, making her armour the equivalent of level III hardplate armour.” the Boss said.

A chorus of groans echoed around the room.

“Now, now, my friends.” the Boss said, with a calming gesture. “We all know not to confront her with brute force, but by tempting her into submission, as the late Anderson Ghash demonstrated.”

“But how, Boss?” Mr. Tymes asked, nervously scratching his tattooed arm. “The gadgets the geeks gave us ain’t gonna pass through that armour anytime soon.”

“As we speak our operative has stalked, identified and made contact with Vigil’s alter ego. Faith Leyes. The unnamed operative shall corrupt her, tease her out of her walls, and defeat her.”

“Boss.” Mimosa piped up.

“Ah, Ms. Quechet. I hope you’ve been making progress with Lightraye.”

“Angelica Leyes. Still, she’s resisting, holding out hope that her sister would save her.”

“She hopes her powerless sister would overcome an entire city of criminals to get to her?”

“Exactly. Angelica is using the vigilante as an anchor, holding out hope, preventing me from making any progress with her.
If
we bring the vigilante to her, [/i]broken[/i]...”

The Big Boss sat silent for a while, thinking. “Why not a memory wipe?” he asked.

“It’s simple, but I’m sure a mindless slave would be useless as your personal concubine, [/i]milord[/i].” she said with a sarcastic tint.

He ignored her jab. “Fine. You will get the girl, but I expect results.”

“Undoubtedly.” Mimosa smirked.

---

“You left a lot of blood there back at the warehouse.” Lynn spoke as Vigil landed gracefully on the ground. “Was hell to clean up.”

“There’s no need to protect me, Detective. The League wiped all records of us when we join — blood samples, DNA samples, so on.”

“That explains a lot.” Lynn said, sitting down on a bench. She motioned for the vigilante to sit, but she remained standing. “Tell me something.”

Vigil nodded.

“Did you kill Doctor Ghash?”

“I…” Vigil hesitated. The directness of the question took her off guard, and she looked around if there was anyone else. She looked back at the detective, who was nodding.

“There’s no-one else around, just as I promised. I guess that’s the best confession I can get out of you.”

Vigil was silent. Biting her lower lip, she looked back up. “You planning to arrest me?”

“No. We both know what NovaSec would do to you, and you’re not useful to me as a mindless, broken slave.” She pulled out a notepad from her messenger bag, reading off it. “There was someone in that building you were trying to rescue. Who?”

“An undercover agent. Don’t bother finding him, he’s left town.”

“What’s he to you?”

“An assistant.” Vigil said, “He helped me escape from the Pact...I helped [/i]him[/i] escape from the Pact when his cover was blown.”

“Why did you kill Ghash?”

“It was self defense.”

“I’m going to need you to be more specific.”

“Is this an interrogation?”

The detective looked up from her notepad, an eyebrow raised. “Would you like it to be? I can have the actual interrogation room cleared downstairs.”

Vigil shut her eyes tightly, pinching the bridge of her nose. “Fine. I was injected with double-A, and before I could give in I killed him in desperation.”

Lynn narrowed her eyes at her, before nodding. She pulled out several sheets from her bag, and handed one to Vigil. “This was recovered from Ghash’s personal laboratory. Apparently he developed a concoction specially for you.”

“Aww, that’s nice.” Vigil said, giving the sheet a brief look before handing it back. “I’ll just trust whatever chemical sciency shit on this is summarised by what you just said.”

Lynn snorted, before taking the sheet back. “You don’t sound very concerned. I’ve had forensics run several tests on three samples of double-A. The bolt the Hoppers shot at you, the syringe they used on me, and the syringes found on Ghash. Ghash’s concoction matches the double-A in the bolt they used on you.”

“Oh.”

“Yep. You seem to have made yourself numero uno in the underworld’s shit-list, and they [/i]all know[/i] how you were taken down.”

“That’s...embarrassing.”

“You don’t seem to be as worried as you [/i]should[/i] be.” Lynn observed.

“I would be, but we’ve got a bigger problem,” said the vigilante, “I have...a favour to ask.”

Lynn sighed. “Go ahead.”

“I need you to arrange for the eastern gate of Palmer Containment to be left unguarded.”

“Palmer Containment is under NovaSec’s guard, not—”

“Not the eastern gate.”

Lynn frowned. “Of course you know that.” She looked into the vigilante’s eyes. “You’re planning something. Tell me first.”

“I need to enter Laboratory 3.”

“The one where Calypso Pharma’s scientists have been given access to for research of some sort?”

Vigil nodded.

“You really think that’s the source for all the double-A?”

“Something like that.” Vigil said.

Lynn sighed. “You know I can’t leave it unguarded. There are some officers more sympathetic to your cause, though. I’ll arrange for them to be on duty.”

“That’s all I need. Thank you.”
Artee
Henchman
Henchman

A little tease of the Beast's powers here and a little smut, but I hope I'm not dragging the story too long.

~~~

Chapter 4: Breaking and Entering

Getting into the base was surprisingly easy with the detective’s blessing. Any random patrols were easily dealt with by the mentalist at her side, which really didn’t help her estimation of NovaSec’s chances against the Pact’s impending attack.

Faith!” whispered Fred sharply, and she turned, seeing his finger pointing to an eight-storey-tall building. “Lab Three,” he said as Faith walked closer to him, “the one we’re looking for.”

“Where’s the Beast stored?”

“Well, the whole building’s dedicated to imprisoning and studying the Beast, but the Beast’s cryostasis chamber should be on the top floor.”

“Alright.” Faith said, placing down her briefcase. Opening it, she grabbed her grappling hook, her extendable baton, a HPM bomb and its remote. Turning to Fred, she handed the remote to him, showing him the trigger. “At my signal, depress the trigger.”

Hiding the grappling hook beneath her labcoat, she straightened her attire, before walking towards the building. Fred followed her.

“What are you doing?” Faith hissed, “Stay here.”

“You’re going in alone?” He tilted his head, indicating towards the four guards standing at the glass entrance.

“Can you climb 8 storeys?”

“With an elevator, which they obviously have.”

“Look, you idiot.” she pointed at the helmeted guards at the entrance. “They’re not like the police patrols we encountered earlier, some of these NovaSec operatives have mindshields. You never know which one has them.” She pointed at a window on the eighth storey. “Can you climb 8 storeys from the outside?”

“Err, I guess not.” he murmured, no doubt thinking about the last time she had dangled him off the top of that six-storey building. “Umm...Faith. Can you explain the plan to me?”

“Seriously? You read my mind for all sorts of stupid things, can’t you just skim this infinitely [/i]important[/i], [/i]critical[/i], [/i]city-saving[/i], [/i]me-saving[/i] plan off the top of my head instead of the last sexual tryst I had with my boyfriend?”

“It’s different.”

She rolled her eyes, sighing and walking towards him. “Okay. Okay. I’m placing this thing...” she said, holding up the HPM bomb, “...on that generator.” she said, pointing towards a cubical object at the back of the building. “Then I’m climbing up there. When I give the signal, depress the trigger — that means press it down—”

“I know what ‘depress’ means.”

“— and the bomb will emit high-power microwaves — H-P-M — which will disrupt the electricity supply long enough for me to slip in through that window.” she glowered at him in exasperation.

“Why not just use the bomb now? Why not use it thirty minutes ago?”

“They have backup power systems — it’ll take merely seconds for them to switch to them. Alright? Up to speed now?”

“Got it. Press this thing when you give the signal.”

“Yes. That’s what I said before you made me explain everything.”

---

Fred had hoped for a gigantic explosion. Maybe just a tiny ‘bang’ or something. At the very least, he’d expected some smoke. He didn’t expect there to be no sound. Frowning, Fred pressed the trigger again — and again — before looking up, realising the building had been plunged into darkness. At the eighth storey, a small figure lithely slipped into the open window.

Seconds later, the lights flickered back on again, as if nothing had happened.

---

Faith walked briskly, forcing a calm but mildly-irritated look on her face. “Move.” she grunted at a NovaSec researcher who blocked her path, as she firmly pushed him aside, acting as if she belonged. So far, no one was aware of her infiltration, though naturally some were probably perturbed by this haughty Calypso Pharma scientist trying to go somewhere. Being in a Calypso uniform would give her a higher status than the more normal NovaSec researchers, hopefully giving her access to the restricted areas of the compound.

Sneaking around — it wasn’t something she’d done in a long time. League members didn’t really have to sneak around. The Dancer. That’s what the Janker Gang used to call her back when she was with them, before Angie received an honorary discharge from the Navy, before the League.

I need to focus. She pushed away her thoughts, mentally summoning up a picture of the layout Fred had shown her. Left turn here, then straight, then…

She saw it. Sharp, curved horns at the top of its head like a bull. Red, leathery skin, its chin was chiselled, its jawline muscled, and its chest…god...

What the hell are you doing?

She gasped, sweeping her head around to anyone who could’ve said that. No one seemed to pay any attention to her.

She realised the voice came from within. Wha—Fred!?

I slipped a neural transmitter in your right earring.

What the fuck, Fred? Faith began to remove it, but she froze, noticing someone looking straight at her.

"Can I help you?" asked the tall woman in a labcoat not unlike her own.

"Uhh. Sorry. I—" her mind wracked to find an excuse, "—I'm new here."

“Then do you mind not standing in my bloody way?”

“S-sorry.” Faith mumbled, slinking to the side to let the woman pass.

She watched the woman march down the hall, into another room. Looks like I pretty much nailed the ‘haughty Calypso scientist’ act. she thought to herself.

“Don’t mind her, girl…” breathed a voice that seemed to come with a relaxing breeze from behind her, “Heather’s a little stressed, being the only one here from Calypso Pharma who’s female.”

Faith turned, to see an exotic-looking woman, her eyes ever-so-slightly tinted...red? Faith swore she saw red. They were black now.

“You okay?” the exotic woman asked. Faith blinked, realising she was staring.

“Uhh—yeah. I'm fine.” she shook her head, composing herself, forcing a smile. “I don't believe we've met,” Faith said, “I'm...Claire.”

“Lillian.” the woman's smile was...attractive. Not to Faith though, attractive as in, if Faith were a lesbian or a guy and saw Lillian, she'd be totally

“Claire,” Lillian continued, “Claire.” She repeated, as if tasting the name. “The name doesn't fit you at all, dear.”

Faith froze, a spike of fear dipping in her heart. Was she a mutant? Could she see through her disguise?

“But what do I know? My name doesn't taste...appropriate...either.” Lillian smiled, and Faith forced a wider smile in return. Creep. “Hey! You’re from that company too! I guess Heather’s not the only Calypso girl here now!”

“Yeah, I guess.” sighed Faith.

Lillian giggled, “I see you’re already not too fond of her, but don’t worry, she’s great once you’ve got to know her…personally.”

Faith rose an eyebrow at that innuendo-laced remark, but Lillian didn’t seem to notice.

“The world doesn’t revolve around Calypso and the Yyrtin project, no matter what your hot CEO thinks.” Lillian chirped on. “Truth is, we NovaSec scientists are truly here for the big guy.” she said, pointing to the creature in the cryostasis tank.

Faith resisted the urge to look back at it. “The Beast.” Faith murmured, upon which Lillian’s eyes narrowed. She strode forward, forcing Faith back.

“The Beast?

“I mean, err—” Faith stumbled, suddenly realising she wasn’t aware of the NovaSec designation for the creature.

“We don’t call it...the Beast.” Lillian bit, as if personally attacked. Why was she so offended?

“Yeah, I—err—”

“Of course,” Lillian suddenly smiled, “I wouldn’t expect you Calypsos to know the...proper...designation.” Faith felt Lillian’s arm reaching around her shoulder, and she suppressed a shiver at the closeness. “Claire, dear...meet the Incubus.”

Faith nodded. “Right, right, right, the Incubus…” she murmured, carefully extricating herself from Lillian’s arm. “Sorry. I didn’t mean any offence”

“None taken, dear.” Lillian said. “Come on,” she said, suddenly grabbing Faith’s wrist. “I’ll show you around.”

Faith jumped slightly, opening her mouth to disagree. She was just looking for the facility orientation office, there was no need to...to...

“I—guess…” she breathed. Did the air feel warmer?

Wow, Faith. Didn't know you swung that way. Fred's voice popped into her head.

No, I'm not. This woman...she knows...something.

I know the difference between arousal and curiosity, Faith. That is not curiosity.

The Beast. Maybe it had something to do with this. Faith peered at it, yet its eyes were peacefully shut, as if nothing had happened.

“W—wait.” Faith murmured as Lillian began leading her towards the corridor. "I—I was just looking for the orientation office, there's no need to—"

“Oh, don't worry, Claire.” the strange emphasis on the name was weird. “I'll show you around.”

“No, no, seriously.” Faith said, calmly yet firmly removing Lillian's hand from her wrist. “I don't want to take your away from your work.”

Claire, it's fine, Claire. Just—”

The two women had their attentions drawn by the screeching of chairs, as everyone stood up, walking robotically to what was labelled the briefing room.

“Ooo, ooo, the daily brief is starting!” Lillian sounded awfully excited for what was a routine briefing. “Today's a very special day for us all!”

Faith forced a smile, placing a palm on Lillian’s insistent hand and firmly removing it from her wrist. “You go on ahead, I’ll join you soon.”

“You’d better!” she said, before rushing off to the briefing room.

Faith took a deep breath, before letting it out slowly.

So, are you gonna follow the one and only lead to this whole thing, or are you just gonna stand there like an idiot? the voice in her head questioned.

Faith rolled her eyes, before walking on.

---

She entered what she expected to be a small room, only to see a huge auditorium. Carpeted floor covered much of the room, with bowls of fire marking the ends of each row of seats. A whirring sound had been reverberating through the room as she entered, bringing Faith’s attention to the front of the auditorium, where a crane had just moved a familiar-looking cylinder onto the stage. The Beast’s cryostasis tank?

Her eyes roamed across the others, who were all staring in rapt attention, ready to receive the woman’s words. It's a cult, Fred. I've walked into a goddamn cult!

A woman wearing bondage gear sashayed up the stage. And that must be the preacher. Faith thought drily to herself.

I can't see what you're seeing, so—

That was a private thought, Fred.

Oh. Anyway, what’s your plan?

I'll see how far this thing goes.

Faith maneuvered through the crowd, finding an empty spot in the middle row. Nearly instantly, a woman smoothly threw herself by her side. “Claire! Fancy finding you here…Claire.” Lillian bubbled, wrapping an arm around Faith’s shoulder. Faith shuddered, feeling a mix of discomfort and...arousal from her touch?

“Hey...Lillian.” Faith murmured, before Lillian quickly shushed her.

“It’s starting!” she whispered.

The dominatrix on the stage strutted back and forth, observing the crowd. “The day has come.” As she spoke, several hooded figures slithered from the darkness, flanking the seated crowd, positioning themselves along the stairs of the auditorium. “Today, we rejoice in the presence of the Master.”

What the hell has the Beast done to these people? Faith peered at the crowd around her, only to see everyone, Lillian included, listening in rapt attention.

“But first. Let us welcome a new follower under the supervision of the Master.”

Faith looked back at the stage, only to see the dominatrix staring straight at her. As if by some mental message disseminated from their creepy hive-mind, the entire crowd turned to stare at her.

“Uhh.” she managed.

"Come on, Claire, come meet the Master!" Lillian prodded her

"Err—it's alright—I think I'll be going now—" Faith mumbled, standing to leave, walking to the doors only to find her path blocked by two priests, who quickly grabbed her by the arms. She suppressed a grimace, forcing a smile at the two priests. Whatever they were hoping to do, she didn't like it. Not one bit.

Faith swallowed as the two priests escorted her down the steps, onto the stage before the dominatrix, who moved aside for Lillian. Lillian gave a smile that sent a shiver down Faith's spine.

Wait, the dominatrix-woman seemed to defer to Lillian. Does this mean...hey. Fred. You there? she called out mentally. Fred? Crap. She needed to check on him, and this was probably a good time to get out of this mess.

"Umm, Lillian? I think there's a mistake..." Faith struggled in the men's grasp as she stared at the advancing woman.

Lillian’s silence was unnerving.

"Lillian? I really have to go..." she chuckled as she was brought closer to the woman. Inwardly, Faith growled. Acting the little, submissive intern wasn't working. She decided to change tactics.

With two quick movements she dislodged her arms from the priests' grip, following it up with two quick elbows against their chins. "Enough. Lillian, I don't know what you're up to, but I'm not going to be a part of it."

“No. You are.” Lillian said, and with shocking strength she shot forward, grabbing her and slamming her face against the Beast’s cryostasis tank. Faith tried to struggle, but Lillian held her there. She briefly wondered what the hell Lillian was doing until she saw the slightest movement across the Beast’s face.

Faith froze. His eyes opened.

Faith stared, entranced by His eyes. She saw them earlier, closed, but at that distance she never noticed how...deep they went. It was like a red, dark well, pulling her focus in like a vortex...

Some part of her realised the hypnotic trance she was under, and she fought, managing to tear her glance away. But before she could do anything further she felt a hand reach from behind to grab the back of her head.

"No—ooo..." Faith groaned, finding herself falling into his beautiful red eyes once more.

"Just stare..." whispered a male voice in her ear, his husky voice echoed in her brain, "Relax...join us..."

Her body unconsciously stiffened as the newcomer — a hooded cultist — lapped at her exposed neck — Faith shivered as she helplessly looked into the Incubus's eyes — oh god, she thought as erotic visions began seeping into her mind.

---

"Ohhh..." she saw herself, lying on a red bed, as two men lapped at her erect nipples while another tended to her burning pussy, slurping at her clitoris while his fingers pushed past her folds. Her back arched, a wave of erotic pleasure quaking through her as their incessant tongues quickened — she screamed, her climax coming closer and closer and—

---

"Just give in..."

Faith found herself back in the real world, still unable to tear her vision from those deep, red, eyes. A jolt of pleasure shot from her nether regions, and she realised belatedly the cultist had inserted his fingers inside.

"W-wait—" she murmured, unconvincingly, as he began finger-fucking her, forcing her body to contort here and there as she tried to escape his undeniably experienced fingers. All the while the red eyes dominated her, keeping her trapped in the cultist's grasp, whispering to her, toying with her.

No—no! She couldn't give in — not now, not when so much was at sta—

"Oh god—" An involuntary verbalisation of her pleasure slipped through her lips, and she saw the faintest crack of a smile on the demon's lips. His fingers were quickening, as he nipped at her earlobe. She felt his hardness pressing against her ass as her hips shifted back to avoid the fingers, and he pressed forward, rubbing his hardness against the cleft of her ass, while forcing her hips forward into his relentless fingers. Another shocked gasp fell from Faith's lips — the pleasure was too much — the beginning of a massive orgasm was gathering at her loins.

Her mind was flooded with torrent after torrent of pleasure. It was increasingly difficult to think — she was here for something — what was it!?

"H-ha..." she felt hands pawing at her labcoat, unbuttoning it and pulling up her shirt. Faith groaned, feeling the cool air caress her naked skin as her breasts were freed from her bra. The man attending to her burning pussy now focused his attention on her breasts, kneading her soft flesh as if he owned them. The fingers at her pussy were quickly replaced by another cultist who now focused on rubbing her clitoris, bringing the quaking girl even closer to her forced orgasm.

"You've fought for so long...just relax..." whispered a female voice. She had a name — Faith fought to recall it, yet her mind was wrenched back from forming any coherent thought by the mind-numbing orgasmic pangs shooting through her body.

"Fuck!" she screamed as the cultist’s finger probed into her pussy, the conflicts in her mind rushing out as her resolve crumbled. She felt the eyes' invisible powers surge into her mind, their tentacles spreading as she was helpless before them.

The finger in her pussy began to pick up a tempo, and she couldn’t help but buck her hips against them, matching each thrust with her hips.

Her mind wavered. Where the hell was Fred!? She felt a finger in her bend slightly, touching the inner walls of her depths and she stifled a sharp gasp, her thoughts scattering as the sudden increase of pleasure shot through her. “S-stop…” Faith rasped, increasingly uncertain if she wanted them to. She was so damned close.

She struggled to focus, yet the Beast’s eyes...dominating...hypnotising...

---

The cultists had long left her side, yet the new girl was completely unaware of their absence, her hands rubbing her burning pussy as her juices formed a steady stream on the floor. Her cries of pleasure joined the choir of chants in the room, yet she never noticed, her entire mind consumed by the eyes.

Lillian smiled. With this corruption and outburst of pleasure, the Master will be all the more closer to his rebirth, and—

A distant explosion, and a flurry of movement at the lower levels. Lillian’s eyes narrowed. No one else should be in the building. She looked around. The cultists seemed none the wiser. Perhaps it was better to leave it that way. She, on the other hand, needed to go.

---

Lynn had seen the security footage. A young woman dressed in a labcoat was scaling the wall, with another man in a business suit watching her. That was all she saw before the footage went dark, but neither of them were here now. The footage was too blurry to focus on their faces, but given what the vigilante had asked of her earlier and given the woman’s athletic skills, Lynn was almost certain that the woman was the detective.

“Detective.” the NovaSec captain approached her. At least he looked like the captain, what with his commanding demeanor and all. She couldn’t tell with that helmet and mask of his. “We’ve secured the auditorium.”

“And…?”

The captain raised his shoulders begrudgingly. “You were right. There was something suspicious going on. See for yourself.”

Walking in, she watched as rows of glaring scientists were escorted out in handcuffs by NovaSec operatives. “They were worshipping a cryo-frozen mutant. Can you believe it?” the captain snorted as he walked with her.

So her hunch was right. There was something weird happening in this building, and the vigilante wanted her men out of the way so she could investigate it. But where was she?

“Captain, there was this man in a business suit, and a woman in a Calypso labcoat that my guards cleared for entry into this building. Anyone matching that description?” Lynn asked the captain.

The captain stopped, looking straight up while tapping buttons on his gauntlet.

“...captain?”

“Sorry, Detective. You can’t see it, but I’m checking the apprehended personnel in my HUD now.” he said, still tapping away on his gauntlet. “And...no. No businessman recently. And Calypso scientists...several men, but only one woman. Two, actually, if you’re including the one over there.” He pointed to the unconscious woman on the stage.

Could it be? Lynn observed the unconscious woman on the ground, advancing slowly. A discarded labcoat was on the ground — one from Calypso Pharmaceuticals, as the NovaSec captain had described. She fumbled in her handbag, donning her rubber gloves before crouching over the labcoat, opening it to search its contents.

“A truncheon?” the captain said as Lynn pulled out the extendable baton from a hidden pocket in the labcoat. It was her.

“Yep.” Lynn eyed the captain carefully. “Just as I suspected. Officer Jenny, rushing in without backup, as usual.” she said.

“This woman is one of yours?” the captain asked.

“Yeah. She called it in earlier, but said she didn’t need any backup. I decided to call you guys when it became obvious she lost contact with us.” Lynn said, rising as she brought the labcoat to cover the naked woman.

“Where’s her uniform?”

“She’s one of the undercover cops — probably swiped this labcoat from our equipment stores.”

“Her badge and gun?”

“Contrary to popular belief, captain, us cops don’t always carry those things, especially undercover cops who might get searched for suspicious items. A truncheon isn’t that suspicious compared to a badge identifying you as part of the ICPD.”

“Fair.”

Lynn lifted the limp woman over her shoulders in a fireman’s lift. “I’ll be taking her with me, if you don’t mind, captain?”

“Yeah. Just keep your men off NovaSec jurisdiction next time.”

“Mm-hmm, got it.” she nodded quickly, before carrying her away.
Artee
Henchman
Henchman

There's a little bit of femdom in this chapter, I hope that's alright because most of the stories I've seen in this forum (and I've seen a lot of stories, regardless of what my post count suggests) are mainly of a female being defeated and stuff. For those who don't like it don't worry, it's only for a bit, and it's not really that detailed, anyway, so...? :L

~~~

Chapter 5: The Beast

She had underestimated him.

The whirring of the vibrator ate away at her sanity, just as Fred’s powers ate away at her inhibitions. “Please—”, she whispered, “—don’t do this.” Part of her was begging herself to give in, to thrust herself forward onto the vibrator, to let him drive her to climax over and over. The other part knew those thoughts were his doing.

Or were they? Did she really want this? Did she really…

She cried out in exasperation. “Stop. I can’t—”

“And why is that?” he suddenly asked, the vibrator inching ever so close to her burning depths. He smirked, enjoying the barely-suppressed gasp he drew from the inexperienced vigilante, feeling her untrained barriers crumbling oh so easily.

“I can’t—not to him—”

A boyfriend. So she had a boyfriend.

“Please—I don’t want this—” her high-pitched rasps betrayed her arousal, and Faith knew it. The pressure pounded at her head, her past sexual experiences raining down upon her all at once.

“No.” he said, suddenly pressing the head of the vibrator onto her sensitive pussy, wrenching out a shocked scream from the vigilante. “I think you do.”

She shuddered, eyes vacant as the vibrations were joined with her boyfriend’s hard, throbbing cock, his hands lovingly caressing her body. She shrieked, head lolling as the villain’s hand began roaming freely over her body, the cock in her pressing past her depths, more hands joining the fray, her head whining from the pounding pressure, “Please—don’t—oh god—don’t—don’t—”

---

“Oh shit!” Faith screamed, waking up as she came, thrashing wildly on the bed.

She breathed heavily — the thread Fred had been tugging away at finally unravelled, the memory returning in full forced. Shame swarmed the aroused vigilante — the guilt that had plagued her then returned in droves — she'd betrayed Gordon.

Sweat dripped from her brow. Faith tried to raise a hand to wipe it, only to find...

Restraints? “What the hell?” Faith groaned aloud, struggling against them. She was restrained, unable to move, at the mercy of anyone who chanced upon her… A shiver of arousal ran through her body, the memory still fresh in her mind. Focus, you stupid idiot!

Where was she? How had she ended up here? And why the hell was she so horny?

“Jesus! I heard a scream. You alright?” said a feminine voice as Faith looked up. Ah, detective Lynn.

“Umm. About that.” Faith looked away, the result of her orgasmic dream flooding through her nostrils.

“I thought you told me to avoid any sexual activity for two weeks and all that.” Lynn said, shaking her head.

“I’m tied up!”

“Wet dreams still count.” Lynn said. “So, how’re you doing?” she said, sitting on a chair nearby.

Faith looked at her restraints, then at the chair Lynn was sitting on. “Looks like the tables have turned.”

“On the contrary,” said the detective. “Back then you had all the information, and now you still have all the information.”

Faith shook her head. “You do have my identity now.”

“Not much I could do with it. I don’t even know who you are.” she looked at the vigilante expectantly.

Faith obliged. “Faith Leyes. Teacher by day…” her eyes dipped, “bumbling idiot by night.”

“Well, the ‘idiot’ part is wrong,” Lynn said, sitting down by Faith’s side. “You were onto something. The question is...what?”

Faith sighed. “Fine. Remember the creature in the laboratory?”

“I knew it wasn’t some bullshit about some source of double-A or something.”

“Well...that part isn’t bullshit. The creature is the source.”

Lynn raised an eyebrow.

“They—extract it from the creature, and refine it into the drug.”

“How do they extract it?”

Faith pictured it, a young female scientist, deactivating the cryostasis around its groin region. Holding up a beaker, she wrapped her fingers around the Beast’s cock, pumping it slowly, feeling it growing in her hand...Faith felt it. The strange, leathery feel, the alien bumps rubbing against her smooth skin, if only she could wrap her lips…

“Hey, uhh...Faith?”

Faith blinked.

“I—uhh—kinda guessed it from the effect it had on you.” Lynn stuttered. “I forgot you’re still...yeah. Sorry.”

“It’s not your fault. They—no, it did something to me.”

“It? As in the creature?”

Faith nodded.

“As in the creature currently frozen, inanimate in cryostasis?”

Yes. It did something to me, detective. The cultists forced me to look at it, and it opened its eyes.”

“Its cryo-frozen eyes?”

“Yes, god-dammit!” Faith snapped and Lynn stiffened, before Faith shut her eyes and sighed. “Sorry. Please, just trust me on this. Its eyes...it felt like being given several doses of double-A, it just sucked you in, pulling you deeper. Lynn. I—I’ve never dealt with anything like this before.”

“But...but it’s a mutant, right? You’ve dealt with that before. I heard it on the news last time—Mindmeister?”

“His name was Fred, and I...didn’t defeat him. The Prowler did. Wait...Fred. He came with me for the raid, but he fell silent and I couldn’t reach him. Did you...”

“Yeah, we saw him.” Lynn said, showing her the photographs of the footage before the power shortage. “We couldn’t find him after the blackout you probably caused, though.”

“He was helping me. I hope he’s alright.”

---

"Brother." the Sister said, blood-red eyes downcast before the incubus inside the cryo-chamber. He looked so peaceful, yet the heart monitor indicated he was fighting, thrashing to stay alive, the only thing keeping him alive being the cryo-chamber. Ironic that what ensured his imprisonment was critical for his survival.

She looked up at him, staring at his closed eyes. “You yourself saw what happened.”

NovaSec operatives had raided the laboratory, too quickly for the ritual to be complete. Despite her best efforts, the sacrifice the Pact had served up on a silver platter had given in far too late, and the transfer of sexual energies could not be completed. She needed to hide before NovaSec ruined her plans, and just look at who she found hiding in the trees near the laboratory...

“Please. Please, Lilith! I didn’t know she had allies.” the chained-up, naked excuse for a man whimpered on the stone floor, what remained of his businesswear torn up over the floor. The Sister shook her head. He’d have to suffice. Perhaps his mental powers might even be transferred over. She could still feel his pitiful attempts at probing her mind, and she ignored them. Ant bites.

“Your pact made a promise. A ‘heroine’ corrupted, a problem resolved, in exchange for my brother’s rebirth.” the Sister said, stalking around the man. The mere proximity to the succubus was already having an effect on the man, his cock standing tall despite his best efforts. “You have not fulfilled your part of the bargain.”

“No. Th-the bargain was for her to be brought to you. I-err-I think it’s kinda your fault you failed to—err—to…” his voice trailed off as the Sister glowered.

“You humans are like vampires, sucking away my brother’s essence for months. And now you dare to suggest your failure was mine?” She let her angered visage stay for a while, before breaking it entirely, giggling softly. “Oh, Fred. What would I do with you?”

She trailed off for a while, before perking up mockingly. “Oh, right! Since your payment didn’t come through...I suppose I’d have to accept other methods.” She smiled viciously, wrapping her hand around his stiffened cock. “So, what’ll it be? Cash? Credit?”

“Pl-please. I don’t wanna die.”

“You know, I’m kinda glad you failed,” the Sister said, idly pumping her hand along his veiny cock. “The girl was kinda cute, and the amount of energy my brother needs for rejuvenation would be fatal for her body.”

The man was biting his lip, struggling violently against his chains as she continued rambling on, “See, I’d rather she be a good little slave serving by my brother’s side instead of a shrivelled corpse, you know?”

Her hand movements slowed, and she brought her hand up to lick the generous amount of precum from her fingers. “Mmmm. You’re pretty pent-up, aren’t you?” The Sister moved to straddle the man’s hips, feeling the tip of his heavy shaft throb against her naked belly. “As I said, with the energies needed to rejuvenate my brother...I’d be surprised if she’d stay alive after all that!” she whispered in his ear, before gliding down to inspect the swollen veins along his cock.

“But you...you just had to sacrifice yourself...” she gave an experimental lick, drawing a constricted groan from him. “Now I get to have my cock and eat it too.” She engulfed the head of the cock in her mouth, her wet lips rolling over the head and an inch further down. She pulled up, and down again, deeper into her throat.

His breathing grew heavier, and she went down lower, expertly taking his cock into her mouth and out again. Up and down, over and over, until she felt it tightening in her mouth.

Fuck-” a torrent of warm fluid burst forth from his cock, over and over as the Sister began pumping it for more, relishing the sexual energies that exploded from the man.

He breathed heavily. “You’re done now. You’ve done it. Please. Let me go.”

The Sister raised an eyebrow. “Oh, Fred. We’re far from done.”

~~~

And that's all I've edited for now. As is natural in the way I write I've already gotten the exciting parts written and planned so I just need to find the appropriate glue to get to those parts logically. That's the bulk of the time I spend when writing this shitty story, excluding the procrastination of course. Uhh...see you in a few months, I guess.

Also there's a little formatting errors here and there, that's because I tend to write on my phone first, using "*"s and "_" for italics because I can't decide on one, then transfer it to google docs, then convert it to BBCode....yeah.
Artee
Henchman
Henchman

FINALLY after 5 months I've gotten to the idea I've wanted to write since the previous Vigil. So yeah. There's a sex scene. So much more sex in this chapter than the previous ones. Have fun.

~~~

Chapter 6: The Visitation

“Death is such a waste.

This beautiful specimen of the male human, gone, just like that.

And with your tribute, your end of the bargain is met.

I shall meet mine.”

The Big Boss crushed the note up, throwing it to the ground next to the naked, shrivelled corpse before him. “Get rid of it.” he growled.

As the goons began hauling the mentalist’s gaunt corpse away, Mimosa suppressed a shiver of fear. What on Earth were they dealing with here? No doubt the vigilante would be dealt with — easily, but what were they going to do with the cubi siblings once Vigil was gone?

Yet, she couldn’t help but picture what the succubus did to Fred to get him into this state. To have this much control over a man...

---

Obstinate, stubborn fool!

The Sister glared at the open cryostasis chamber before her. Always too proud for his own good. She looked back at the four unconscious women she had so thoughtfully kidnapped for him on her way back from the Pact’s headquarters. They were supposed to provide him with the necessary sexual energy for full rejuvenation and be his first concubines, but noooo. He just had to hunt on his own.

Now where in this wretched city would a weakened, injured incubus go for sustenance?

---

Normally a detective wouldn’t be sent on a dispatch call. Not like any detective would like going on one much, being surrounded by patrol officers who too often were not too fond of the plain-clothed detectives.

Still, Lynn felt this reported ‘mass orgy’ — in a church, of all places — to be a possible lead in tracking down more traffickers of illegal, pure concentrated double-A. And she hadn’t had much active fieldwork to do in the past few weeks, a simple call like this shouldn’t be that difficult, either way.

Cries of pleasure echoed from the sacred halls of the church, and Lynn grimaced. There was no way this had nothing to do with double-A. She looked at the two patrol officers, “Possible mass rape. I’m not sure if they’re planning to kidnap their victims, but watch for contacts armed with firearms.”

A faint, sweetish scent was increasingly discernible as Lynn crept forward, and she couldn’t resist a peek at the growing tents in the pants of the two uniformed officers. She unconsciously licked her lips, dismissing them as a result of the unrepressed moans emanating from the church. “Move.”

She positioned herself to the right of the door, the two patrol officers following suit behind her. Here, the smell was sickly sweet, and Lynn could’ve sworn her vision was taking on a pinkish tint. She felt sweat drip from her brow, and she breathed unsteadily as she wiped it off. Something was wrong. She needed to get to the bottom of this before it got worse.

She turned to the officers, now noticing the glistening sweat on their muscular bodies, and the words in her mind froze for a moment as she felt a quiver of arousal shoot through her body. Focus. “Wayne, cover my right. Perry, my l-left.” she gulped, shaking the strange emotions running through her mind out. “Now.”

---

“ICPD, freeze!” she shouted, bursting through the door only to be greeted by a sight that stunned her. Several nuns and monks were locked in passionate sex, joined by several more churchgoers and people. At the centre of it all was a massive beast.

Red skinned, bulging muscles were covered with the large, black tattoos all over his body. His head was marked by several horns...he looked like a demon. His groin was covered by a young blonde woman, who was in her own world, ferociously fellating the demon like her life depended on it. His long tail was hanging low, moving back at forth at the woman’s groin. It wasn’t hard to imagine what it was doing.

Lynn wondered what his cock looked like. She blinked, coughing out the strange fog of pink that rushed to meet her at the entrance. Her mind sluggishly processed the events before her. A demon...mutant thing. NovaSec...she needed to call…

“Well, what have we here?” his deep, baritone voice reverberated in the hallowed halls.

Her mind went blank as she stared at the demon, half filled with shock and half filled with barely-restrained arousal. What was wrong with her!?

As if by mental command the blonde before him withdrew herself from his cock, a satisfying wet sound emitted as her lips pulled away from his head, revealing the thick, throbbing cock of the demon in all its glory. It was waiting for her.

Lynn took an unconscious step forward, before forcing the traitorous thoughts out of her mind. “I s-said...freeze.” Her arms were shaking as she aligned her revolver at the demon.

The demon ignored her, taking a step towards her. A flood of fantasies rushed through her mind, and she felt the uncomfortable fabric of her bra rubbing against her hardening nipples. Waves of heat were now gathering at her loins, a brief thought of escape ran through her mind before disappearing.

No! She bit down hard on her tongue, the pain providing a brief moment of clarity as an iron taste burst forth in her mouth. She opened her half-lidded eyes. He was closer now, and desperation picked away at Lynn’s resolve. “S-stop!” She clicked the safety off, her finger flicking to the trigger from its position, ready to pull it at a moment’s notice.

“Stop? Your comrades disagree.”

Lynn gasped as she felt someone behind her, firmly grasping her wrist. “Wait—guys—no—” she shuddered, feeling fresh hands trailing up her inner thighs, teasing her burning depths as the sweet smell assailed her senses. She provided little resistance, yet a tinge of despair ran through her as she dropped her own revolver. No, this wasn’t right, she—she—couldn’t...

“You guys look so cute together. You should fuck.”
In unison, her coat was torn open and her belt was undone, and hands reached in to explore her bare skin. Lynn felt a hand pulling her chin to the side and she accepted the kiss, feeling the man’s tongue rushing into her mouth as she moaned. Sohorny

She squealed in pleasure, feeling desperate hands tear off her bra and panties, exposing her fully to the world. Guided half by the men, half by her own burning desires, she knelt to the ground, pawing open one of the men’s trousers. She didn’t care who he was, she just needed it — the symphony of voices in her mind egging her on as she fumbled with the man’s belt, pulling down his trousers and underwear to reveal his cock.

Barely even taking the time to look at it, the lust-driven detective shoved it into her mouth, her eyes bulging as she took it deep in, the depravity of the act and the pain mixing, further adding to the raging wildfire that burned in her depths.

It’d been too long. Far too long.

---

Vigil’s grasp on the air vent tightened as she watched her friend fell to her own desires. She stared, hypnotised as the raven-haired detective quivered in a finger-induced orgasm from one of the policeman while she serviced the cock of another. A sense of taboo arousal rose in Vigil’s mind from seeing her friend in this state, egged on undoubtedly by the sweetish scent that permeated the church, its sickeningly-sweet smell only intensified by the enclosed space of the air vent Vigil was in.

She was increasingly aware of the threat of the smell, warning bells in her mind snarling, and yet...would it be so bad? The red-skinned demon in the centre of it all was even more impressive outside the tank, his muscular frame barely registered in Vigil’s mind as her eyes landed on his enrapturing cock, igniting a needy fire deep within her loins. It was all so...hazy. She was mildly aware of her fingers dipping beneath her pants, tracing the burning passion in her pussy, yet...maybe she didn’t need to stop. She bit her lower lip, suppressing a groan as she felt the fog of lust creep in. Maybe it wouldn’t be too bad...

A soft beeping sound stirred her from her thoughts, and her eyes widened, suddenly remembering she was supposed to be hiding. Snapping off the alarm, she peeked out the air vent again, breathing a sigh of relief upon seeing the demon still unaware of her presence. She removed the device that was beeping, glancing at the display.

“Warning Mood-altering pheromones detected. Concentration: HIGH.”

She stole a glance at her dripping glove, flushing in shame. What the hell am I doing!? Her friend was in danger, yet she...yet she...her traitorous eyes inched back to peek at the orgy, and her confused mind longed to join it. After Lynn hadn’t answered her calls, she decided to investigate, tracking down the surveillance app she’d secretly installed on Lynn’s phone. Her hunch turned out to be right, and that was how Vigil now found herself in a little vent in the ceiling, surrounded by a cloud of whatever pheromones that Beast was pumping out.

Tightening her grasp on that part, she shut her eyes, breathing out whatever was already in her lungs, donning the respirator mask that covered the lower half of her face. The respirator, courtesy of the now-defunct League of Heroes, was old, but it still far outperformed military-grade breathing apparatus in both flexibility and filtering capabilities.

It didn’t mean it wasn’t uncomfortable, though. The treated air had a clinical aftertaste, and she had to breathe harder than usual to get the same amount of air. Still, it was better than succumbing to her desires...right? She shook off the cloud of growing arousal in her mind, taking several deep, filtered breaths to get rid of the remaining pheromones in her system. Why hadn’t she done some respirator training earlier? Now she was terribly ill-prepared for a fight, and a prolonged fight will undoubtedly end in her opponent’s favour.

No time for regrets, she reminded herself. She’d finish this quick — hard and fast. She carefully removed the vent cover from its place, opening up a fairly large hole she could fit through and attack from the ceiling. Readying her grappling hook, she snapped one end to the vent, grasping tightly onto the other.

She leapt.

---

"Oh yeah..." his voice was strained as he abruptly pulled a woman’s head tightly towards his groin. The woman moaned before choking, struggling slightly before she was released. She wearily fell to the ground, gurgling as she was continuously railed from behind by who he assumed was her partner. He smiled, watching his most recent conquest, the thick white semen matching the platinum blonde hair of the girl. He already felt more rejuvenated than ever, no longer as empty as he felt when he first awoke in that chamber.

His only warning was a whirring noise above him.

---

“Graagh!” roared the mutant as a foot slammed into him from behind. Flying past the copulating couple before him, he crashed onto the ground.

Gotcha. Vigil let go of her end of the rope, landing on the ground. Striding up quickly to the mutant, she activated her stun baton, ready to strike. At the last second, his eyes shot open, his deep, red eyes boring into her soul. Faltering, Vigil’s arm freezes, just long enough for him to grab her wrist, twisting it in an agonising movement.

“Gah!” Vigil heard the clanking of the baton as it fell to the ground. Grinding her teeth to ignore the pain, she shot her elbow forward into his gut. He snarled, swinging wildly forward in pain, and his fists met her unarmoured face, sending the vigilante reeling back into the ground.

“Ugh!” she groaned, her head swinging in dizziness as an iron taste spurted in her mouth. She instinctively rolled to the side, dodging the mutant’s ongoing attacks, retreating back for a moment.

Getting back up on her feet, Vigil breathed heavily, swallowing down the blood in her mouth. The mutant stood, apparently completely unaffected by her botched ambush. Now she was stuck in a duel, the element of surprise completely lost. She clenched her fist in frustration.

Eyeing the mutant for an opening, she noticed how undeniably attractive he was, his chiselled chin marking a surprisingly smooth face, his eyes a piercing—

Nice try. She shot her glance down, remembering not to look into his eyes. She nearly gasped at the sight that followed. At the closer distance she was at now, every detail of his cock was now visible, every vein, ridge and bump along the long shaft. Big, alien, her traitorous imagination pictured it going inside her, its ribbed length rubbing against her insides, spreading her folds apart, the pleasure pouring—

No, no, nonononono. Vigil blinked, refocusing. The filters in the mask would last for five hours, there shouldn’t be any pheromones affecting her. Tapping a button along her eyepiece, she scanned the environment for hypnotic elements — nothing. Why the hell…?

“Have you considered,” the deep, dark voice sent involuntary shivers down Vigil’s spine, tingling down to her depths, “that maybe I’m just that attractive?”

“You’re a freak.”

“Then why am I having such an effect on you?”

Suddenly aware of the dampness in her nethers, Vigil peered down briefly, before looking back up, relieved that it didn’t show. The mutant smirked, and heat rose to Vigil’s cheeks as she realised she’d just proven his point.

It’s just a natural body reaction Gotta end this fast..before...She shuddered, thinking of what could happen.

The two adversaries circled each other. The mutant takes a long look at Vigil, his beady eyes mentally undressing her, proceeding methodically down her body. Vigil felt their piercing presence, glaring back at him, though she couldn’t stop a tinge of arousal from his admiration.

“A female vigilante,” the mutant sneered. “The League must be getting desperate.”

The League? “What do you know about us?” Vigil said, buying some time. She was still thinking of a plan-of-attack. Stay calm, I’ll get out of this...right? She slowed her breathing, tensing and untensing her muscles. Every mutant has their weakness.

“Well, I don’t have the latest news, but I’m sure you’d like to bring me up to speed?” he asked, his demeanour completely casual in sharp contrast to the tense situation.

“I’m sure your NovaSec wardens would do just fine.” she said, eyeing the stun baton at the mutant’s feet. So much for that plan. She pulled out her old truncheon, snapping its length out. Briefly, she considered a...tactical withdrawal. She peered quickly at the window. Too high. I could use my grappling hook, but he’ll just grab

The mutant burst forward with inhumane speed. Snapping her attention back to him, she swung her baton. He snapped left, plunging past her, leading her to turn around. She ducked quickly, narrowly avoiding another punch to the face, and threw her weight behind a punch of her own, sending a fist into his abdomen.

The monster grunted, angrily slamming his forehead into Vigil’s. She winced, stars flaring up in her eyes as she stumbled back. He continued the assault, sending further punches into the vigilante’s body as she collapsed to one knee.

He stopped, watching her lolling head as she reeled from the relentless attack. “A non-mutant. A regular human — a female regular human, facing me alone?” he glowered in anger. “The League insults me!”

Her thoughts returning as she willed away the throbbing pain in her mind, Vigil found herself before his groin. She looked away quickly, the pain helping somewhat to stave off her temptations.

“I had three heroines before me, begging for my cock. Only with another two more heroes could they put me in chains, and all those five were mutants.”

Let him continue talking. Vigil breathed heavily, steeling her focus, gathering her strength. He does feel pain from his groin, right?

“What chance do they think you have?”

She drove her fist into his groin.

He howled in pain, dropping to his knees as she rose, and she sent him reeling to the ground with a hard punch. She grabbed the shock baton from the side, positioning herself over him such that his arms were pinned beneath her legs. She pressed the tip of the unactivated stun baton to his chest, averting her gaze from his eyes.

“Five seconds of this is fatal for the average human. How long would it take for you to go to sleep and wake up, frozen once more?” she asked.

She caught a hint of a smile as she consciously stared at his nose instead of his eyes. “Do you really want me back in NovaSec’s clutches?” his deep voice reverberated...in her mind?

Vigil frowned, his words...making sense. He was the source of double-A, and if she let them take him, they’d just put him back in cryostasis, and she’d be back to where she started. She couldn’t let that happen. She needed to…

“Kill me.” he said. “You can kill me, and be rid of your problems. But you’d be outcast from the League, and tried as a murderer.”

The League no longer existed, but he didn’t need to know that. But could she really kill him?

She drives the needle further into Ghash’s skull, seeing his eyes widen to inhuman sizes, his deep red blood dripping slow. Drip. Drip. Drip.

“Or you can serve me.”

Her hair is in disarray, yet she doesn’t care bouncing up and down on her master’s cock. She shivers as yet another orgasm rips through her

Vigil felt it — a long, thick hardness pressing against the cleft of her ass. The relative thinness of the nanoweave pants she wore did little to prevent the sensations of the Beast’s cock reaching her as it slid up and down, and a shiver of lust rushed through her. “I…” she began but the words she searched for evaded her, the anger, the desire for justice seeping out of her as she began to enjoy the cock teasing her ass, sliding between the cleft of her covered ass up and down, up and down…

The fire in her eyes dimmed, her suppressed arousal beginning to break free in droves. She felt something soft creep along her thigh. The Beast’s tail inched towards her drenched loins, further heightening her pleasure. She gasped.

“So what’ll it be?”

“Nggh!” Vigil shook her head, grunting in frustration. You aren’t getting me that easy. She pushed her elbow forward, letting her frustration fuel her. She pressed her elbow lower onto his throat, hearing his choked gasps. “Get out of my head.”

“I—guess—” the mutant managed with his limited breaths, “you’ve—made—your—choice.”

With shocking strength he forced himself up. Vigil yelped, landing on her back as the mutant surged forward over her. Momentarily disoriented, she felt the mutant’s palms on her face, working away at the respirator’s securing straps. No! Panicked, her hands shot up, trying to pull off his forceful fingers, though she could taste the slight sweetness of several pheromones seeping through as he tugged away at the respirator. No...no...no…

“Stop resisting, you—bitch!” he snarled. The vigilante was putting up an impressive defence for a non-mutant, though a futile one, as the incubus could hear the slow but sure snapping of the straps that secured the respirator to her face.

Shit, shit, shit! Vigil threw her left arm out, desperately feeling for the stun baton that she’d dropped. Taking a deep breath of the pure air, she felt despair pouring through her as the respirator ripped clean off.

“There you are.” he smiled, just as Vigil’s fingers tightened around a familiar grip. Relief flooded through her, as she gave a smile in return, taking a moment to watch his expression change to one of uncertainty before she clicked off the safety, activating the baton and jamming it straight into his torso.

The Beast spluttered, writhing as the current flowed through him. Vigil’s insulated armour prevented it from reaching her, and eventually she deactivated the stun baton, forcing the semi-conscious creature off her. She grabbed the respirator, donning it and tying a temporary knot from the snapped strings at the back of her head to secure it to her face. It’ll suffice for now. Preparing to handcuff the Beast, she was stopped when hands suddenly grabbed her from behind.

Crap.

---

A woman’s hand and an old man’s grabbed her arms tightly, and Vigil struggled against their grasp. “Snap out of it!” she screamed, before suppressing her panic. They’re just civilians. She pulled her arms to her side, the momentum briefly pulling her assailants in, before she snapped her arms up, sending them to the ground.

Pulling out her stun baton as they rose, joined with a few other enthralled civilians who had broken away from the orgy, she activated it with a satisfying ‘zap’ sound as she braced herself. “Look, guys. I try not to hurt people on a regular basis, so maybe you could back off, and…” They stopped their advance. That worked?

No, wait, of course it didn’t. She leapt to the side, dodging the Beast’s blind charge. How the hell had he recovered so quickly? She got back on her feet, seeing him smile at her, appearing completely untouched by her prior assault.

“Oh, come on!” she groaned aloud, the exasperation driving her mad. “Why won’t you just stop!?” She stabbed her stun baton forward in anger. He leapt to the side as she anticipated, and using the momentum from the swing she brought her leg up in a roundhouse kick.

With his heightened reflexes the Beast caught her leg. His tail shot forward at her supporting leg, causing her to topple to the floor. In one swift movement he swept behind her, embracing her from behind and tore off the respirator, the makeshift knot pitifully useless against his strength.

Vigil inhaled sharply in shock and instantly regretted it, the familiar aroma shooting through her nose. Her eyes rolled, the heady scent overwhelming her as she struggled to focus.

“Shh, just breathe.” The Beast whispered in her ear, sending an unwilling shudder through her spine. His arms positioned in the way they were, she struggled, unable to elbow him as he unclasped her cuirass-like vest, throwing aside both pieces to the ground. Now only opposed by the relatively thin nanoweave most League heroes and heroines wore, he decided to take things slow.

Unwanted pleasure sprang through Vigil’s body, she writhed as she felt the warmth of his palms emanating through the thin layer of her uniform. The Beast lightly held her chin, guiding her eyes to look upon his. Her mind screamed at her to resist, but his firm grip held. His eyes burned deep into her, as she felt herself falling deeper into them, images of her submission running through her mind.

“No!” she shut her eyes tightly, struggling wildly. He wrapped her tighter in his embrace, the mere proximity to him sending waves of pleasure through her. Her eyes fell open in surprise, and Vigil found herself falling back into his unending gaze.

“W-what are you—” Vigil stifled a gasp, “—doing to me…”

“Poor little girl. Abandoned by your League.”

He didn’t know it was gone, and Vigil knew that, but she couldn’t help the loneliness settling in her belly. Abandoned, alone, how could they leave her to fight him? What was she expecting? To defeat a mutant alone?

“So the League is dead.” he said, eyebrows raised in understanding.

He can read minds? Of course he could, how could she ever stand against him? She was weak. She was nothing against his powers. She had no super-strength, no invincibility, no mental powers...she was just like all those around her who had fallen victim to his pheromones. The thick, cloying scent of his pheromones assailed her, inhibiting every thought, forcing lustful thoughts into her mind, and yet soothing her as she became wearier and wearier. Her muscles screamed for her to stop struggling, sore as they were, while her pussy itched, a hunger that had been building since she first saw him now consuming her thoughts. No...she had no chance...

“Ah…” the vigilante was spent, her resistance crumbling. Her eyes glazed over as she lay on the floor, her struggles slowing.

“Lonely, little Faith.”

“Mmm…” Faith felt herself spiralling. Her breathing, long restricted by the respirator, was now free, and she took long, grateful gasps of the corrupted air, the wonderfully-sweet taste staining, blanketing her tongue. She felt so lonely, aching for his touch. His warm, magical touch. The heady smell rushed through her mind, wiping out the last vestiges of resistance.

His hands left her sides, roaming along her body. A grateful moan bubbled out of the girl as she trembled in burning arousal. The incubus’s hands slowed to lightly grope at her breasts, spirally closer and closer to her hardening nipples. “Don’t you feel...warm…”

Faith shivered, arching herself upwards to his touch. So warm...yes...

“...safe…”

She nuzzled closer into the embrace, letting his strong, muscular arms surround her. Everything was so sweet, her vision taking a pinkish tint. More…

“...sexy…?”

Yes….

“Sexy…” she whispered as his palms wrapped around her wrists, guiding her to the hem of her nanoweave shirt, before letting go of her, leaving Faith free to do what she desired. What she desired...

The enthralled girl slowly lifted her shirt, revealing her tantalising white skin. “Beautiful.” the incubus said, observing the occasional scar. As she lifted her shirt past her shoulders, discarding it to the side, the incubus noted an ugly, barely-healed one on her shoulder. An occupational hazard, considering her job. Of course, the vigilante needn’t worry about scars anymore…

Faith felt the cool air against her torso. She was no longer in the middle of a depraved orgy, but in a beautiful bedroom, revealing herself before her lover. Faith smiled lightly, enjoying her lover’s appreciative gaze over her naked skin, before reaching below to unbuckle her...utility belt? Why was she wearing a utility belt…?

The girl’s eyes glowed an attractive pink, though as she reached for her belt she suddenly placed a palm against her temple, an expression of confusion crossing her pretty features. The Brother shook his head in amazement. He’d seen heroines with impossible physical strength succumb so much quicker than this one did. Time to intervene.

“Come closer, Faith.” he said, as she obliged, shambling forward. He bent forward to accommodate her shorter height, engulfing her lips with his. He withdrew from the kiss, seeing her unbridled lust in her eyes. The incubus was tempted to take her there and then, but he held back, confident she would give herself to him on her own. “Now...you wanted to show me something?”

Of course. Of course I did… Faith returned to unbuckling her belt, removing it easily before pulling down her pants. Now, nothing protected her dignity but a black, utilitarian sports bra and a blue panties that clearly didn’t match. She didn’t plan on showing herself to anyone today...what did she plan on doing today? Something about…about...

She gasped suddenly, feeling something wet against her exposed belly. The incubus gave a slow, teasing lick against her navel, as her confused thoughts slipped away from her. “Mmmm…” she shut her eyes, relishing her lover’s attention as his fingers crept over her bra, his rough, leathery hands reaching for the hem. She obliged, raising her hands, allowing him to pull her bra off, exposing her hard, burning nipples.

Meanwhile, his tongue descended lower, licking away at the hem of her panties. He began pulling them down. A small part of Faith’s mind was screaming that something was wrong, and a brief moment of partial clarity came over the woman.

“I-I’m sorry…” Faith pulled away from her lover, “I shouldn’t…”

“It’s fine.” said her lover, though Faith felt her heart aching as she heard his disappointment. She wanted to please him...but she couldn’t. She didn’t know why, but...she couldn’t. She felt him pat her head, and felt his earnest reassurance wash over her, and she gave a small smile. “You could still be a good girl....” he said, lightly pushing her down into a kneel.

Good girl...Faith’s eyes locked onto her lover’s cock. Her pussy quivered. Up close, she was utterly enraptured by the long, bumpy shaft, the musk of it piercing through the sweet scent, setting her already aroused senses aflame. She couldn’t help but run her fingers along the gleaming tip, collecting the translucent liquid and taking it in her mouth. It lasted for a pitifully short time, the flavour long gone from her fingers as she hungrily lapped from them.

She wanted—no, she needed more. Her heart pounding, Faith slowly ran her tongue up her lover’s cock, the ambrosia at the top wiping away whatever restraint she possessed as she began hungrily suckling away at the tip.

She heard a groan from her lover, and a feeling of satisfaction showered over her. I’m a good girl... she thought to herself as she took his cock in, quickly slavering it in her saliva. The only noises that consumed her mind were of her sucking away at his cock, without a care in the world.

So big... she wrapped her palms around the length of the cock, pumping away at it for more. She drove herself to swallow his cock deeper, engulfing it in wetness until she felt the tip poking against the back of her throat. She pulled off, gagging, yet the numbing sensation of pleasure clouded the pain. Faith went back for more—

“Stop.”

She obliged, allowing her lover to guide here to a nearby bench. She wasn’t sure where this bench came from, but she didn’t care, lost in her pleasure.

Laying the girl on the wooden church bench, he climbed over her. Her eyes were locked on his, they were lustful, burning with complete surrender. He knew at once she wanted it as much as he did. He pushed himself forward, his cock pushing past her folds into her depths as she gasped loudly. Feeling her quiver against him, he relished the feeling of her tightening depths against his cock.

The ribbed, foreign object pumping into her drove her lust to rising heights. Mouth agape, Faith gave her lover a submissive look, hypnotised as she was in her utter pleasure. The bumps along his cock rubbed against her tight depths, and she expressed her surprise and pleasure in increasingly heightened moans.

The incubus smiled, bringing his left hand up to grope at her breasts, his right hand up to her mouth. She opened her mouth willingly, suckling on his finger like a lollipop as the his cock withdrew and pressed in once more, again and again settling into a rising rhythm.

The pleasure was overwhelming — the flicking of her nipple, the dirtiness of sucking his fingers and most of all the rock-hard length that rammed into her. Enthralled, Faith mindless sucked away as her body welcomed the cock, her hips rising against her lover to claim her long-sought-after pleasure.

“You are mine.” the incubus said, pulling his finger out of her mouth, his right hand descending down to rub away at her clitoris.

“Yes! Yes!” she screamed in utter abandon, undulating herself against her lover—no, her master. She thrashed wildly on the bench, clamouring, climbing desperately to reach her peak.

The incubus grunted as he worked away, feeling his orgasm rear its head. He leaned in to the girl’s ear, whispering, “You love me.”

Eyes white in pleasure, she mindlessly yelled, “Yes! I’m yours!”

Her master groaned, his cock pulsating in her depths as waves of hot semen rushed deep into her pussy. A dam in her shattered as she madly slammed her hips against his. Faith howled, screaming incoherently as she came on his cock again and again, her vaginal muscles clenching and unclenching against the cock that conquered her. Waves of her juices dripped on the floor as she quivered, her back arching against the ground as she rode the crashing waves of pleasure, shivering.

Faith sighed, broken as her orgasm subsided. The warm semen in her depths settled, and a smirk crept up on her master’s face.

“You are mine.” he said, pulling away from her and settling himself on the bench, closing his eyes contently.

---

“Enjoying yourself?” his deep voice cut through her warm afterglow. Pleasure still tingling from the intoxicating semen in her depths, Faith moaned in agreement, lazily turning her head towards the sound of the voice. She shuddered as the master idly ran his palm over her hair, and she relished the attention he paid to her naked form.

“Ah, I believe it was this one who had saved you from me earlier.” he said, and the enthralled girl turned to look at the new arrival, who knelt before the incubus beside her.

Faith froze. Lynn.

“A pity her efforts went to waste. You were so easy to break.”

Faith looked at her master, blinking. The incubus smiled.

“Ah, I see it. The confusion. You haven’t broken yet, have you?”

Faith shook her head, the conflicting feelings in her mind clashing as she backed away. “G-get away from me.”

A smile crinkled on his handsome features. “Impressive. Very impressive, Faith.”

Faith fell from the bench to the ground. “Stop. Please.”

“It’s too late to back out now, Faith. Far too late.” He rose, revealing his engorged penis.

Faith gaped, her head suddenly filled with the musky smell of it, feeling it inside her, pushing in and out, reaching deeper and deeper... “No.” she whispered. “What did you...what did you do to me?” She clenched her fists tightly — it was all she could do to hold herself back, she didn’t know what the hell came over her, only that her body was burning, a desire, no, an urge suddenly descending over her.

“You are Marked,” he said, content to stand there, confident she would come to him. “See, my semen—”

She remembered how it tasted — sweet, salty, soothing, addictive.

“— infected you, filling you with a burning need for, well, me.”

Faith quivered with need, shivering as she fought her conflicting desires. She needed...she needed to fuck him. Stop. Stop him. I need to stop him. Focus. Focus!

“Come to me, Faith.”

No. No.

“Look at your friend, Faith. See how happy she is.”

Lynn was on her knees, mindlessly rubbing herself as she stared at his cock.

“See how...warm she feels.”

Faith suddenly felt cold. Freezing. She shot her arms around herself, shivering.

“See how...secure she is.”

Lonely. I’m alone. No more rescuers. No more Lightraye. No more Jim. No more Lynn. Lonely, insecure, unsafe.

No. I’m the rescuer. Faith tore her vision from his command, spying her stun baton a short distance away. She crawled to her feet, shambling towards it.

The incubus smiled. Let her have her hope. It’ll be all the sweeter for him when he crushed it out of her.

She snatched it up, raising it towards the incubus. “Release her!”

“See how…”

“Shut up!”

“...sexy she feels.” Lynn gave an unabashed moan, sending a quiver to Faith’s pussy.

The incubus looked at the conflicted vigilante. “Don’t you want to feel that way?”

“I…”

The incubus walked slowly towards her, pressing down her unactivated stun baton slowly.

“I…”

He brought the unresisting vigilante’s chin up, levelling her vision with his with his finger. “Warm.”

The coldness dispersed, warmth bursting within Faith’s heart. She couldn’t resist a faint smile.

“Safe.”

She didn’t feel alone. She could be with him, be with the master forever.

“Sexy.”

She didn’t resist as his finger trailed from her chin, pressing into her mouth. God...she longed to suck on it, to be a good girl for him…

“Don’t resist me anymore, Faith. Join me, forever.”

Forever?

But what about Angie? A small voice in her squeaked. Angie.

“Angie?” The incubus said, lifting the thoughts off her mind. “If you wish for her to join us, you—”

No!” screamed Faith. She saw her leading the incubus to Angie, corrupting her— “Never.” she spat, raising her stun baton, “Don’t fucking touch her!” she pressed the baton against the incubus’s chest, flicking the safety off, pressing the—

“Stop!” the incubus shouted, her voice suddenly panicked. Impossible. This was impossible. Why couldn’t she just...submit!?

Faith’s finger froze over the trigger. Why couldn’t she

“Lower the baton.”

“Don’t. Fucking. Move.” Faith strained, her finger quivering over the trigger. She felt the air around her suddenly grow sweeter, and she was helpless, her head swimming.

“I said — lower the baton.”

Faith’s heart fluttered, the sudden intensity of the smell overwhelming her mind with slow, blanketing waves of calm. She struggled to maintain her glare at him, the undulating pressure against her mind chipping away at her anger.

“Let go.”

Now or never. She slammed herself against the waves, forcing her finger down, pressing the sizzling shockstick into his bare torso.

The incubus shrieked inhumanely. As he collapsed to the ground Vigil kept at it, watching as he thrashed and shook against the electricity.

No! My love!”

“Shut up!” Faith’s heart pounded, “shut up!”

It's not human, it's not human, it's not human...she repeated to herself like a mantra. She heard his voice descend to a croak. Five seconds of shock would knock an average man unconscious. Ten was almost certainly fatal.. She kept her shockstick there, trigger depressed, wincing against the pain for twenty seconds.

The incubus writhed, crying out in utter pain as the current rushed into him, his voice growing hoarse before slowly dying down.

Breathing heavily Vigil opened her eyes, watching as the incubus's head sunk to the side, the light going out in his eyes. She felt the fog around her begin to scatter, her heart's palpitations slowly decreasing. A wave of weariness slammed into her, making her stumble to the ground as her adrenaline wore off.