Looking writer for story

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
Ricky89
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Hi, I have many ideas for story/catfights and Fanfiction, but english is not my first language, anyone interested to write some story?
PM me or my mail is [email protected]
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Have you thought about trying to write in your native language and then using Google translate to turn it into English?
It may need a tweak here or there but at least it would be in your own words?
I dare say someone here would help perhaps edit or correct any errors as we are a friendly bunch
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
FANSUPERHEROINAS
Neophyte
Neophyte

Ricky89 wrote:
5 years ago
Hi, I have many ideas for story/catfights and Fanfiction, but english is not my first language, anyone interested to write some story?
What is your first language? Mine is spanish.
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

tallyho wrote:
5 years ago
Have you thought about trying to write in your native language and then using Google translate to turn it into English?
It may need a tweak here or there but at least it would be in your own words?
I dare say someone here would help perhaps edit or correct any errors as we are a friendly bunch
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

FANSUPERHEROINAS wrote:
5 years ago
Ricky89 wrote:
5 years ago
What is your first language? Mine is spanish.
Sorry, I'm not spanish
manuelmen
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I feel a bit identified by this topic, I have followed this page for years, and I have always wanted to publish a story here, I have even published a page of stories in Spanish, unfortunately my English has always been bad and I have not dared to publish anything :sad:
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hello Manuelmen.
As I asked of the original poster have you thought of writing in your native language (Spanish in your case) and using Google translate to convert it into English? It may not be perfect but it should be good enough for readers to follow.

Como te pregunté del cartel original ¿has pensado en escribir en tu lengua materna (en español en tu caso) y utilizando Google Translate para convertirlo en inglés? Puede que no sea perfecto, pero debe ser lo suficientemente bueno para que los lectores sigan

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Se valiente. Tome ese primer paso....

(Which I hope means be brave, take that first step. I dont speak a word of Spanish but hopefully google translate has done its job)

manuelmen
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

tallyho wrote:
5 years ago
Hello Manuelmen.
As I asked of the original poster have you thought of writing in your native language (Spanish in your case) and using Google translate to convert it into English? It may not be perfect but it should be good enough for readers to follow.

Como te pregunté del cartel original ¿has pensado en escribir en tu lengua materna (en español en tu caso) y utilizando Google Translate para convertirlo en inglés? Puede que no sea perfecto, pero debe ser lo suficientemente bueno para que los lectores sigan
I have actually thought about it, especially after looking at this topic, what worries me is that as I do not defend myself in English, I do not realize the errors or that there is a meaningless translation.
manuelmen
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

finally I decided to publish something, I'll do it in a little while before I regret it, hahaha, thanks for the advice.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Good! Well if you want to do it and send it to me via a private message(the google translated version I mean) I will look over it for any obvious errors or bits that are hard to understand and then you can rework them if needed.
Good luck and glad you are taking the step. Dont be disappointed by a lack of responses though the readers of this forum are notoriously quiet.
Last edited by tallyho 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just be careful you spell the Spanish word correctly as if Google cant translate something it just puts that word into the translation so if I typed
'Thel'
Instead of
'They'

it would put Thel in the final piece. So just check it over. I dont know if there are limits to it in terms of what it can handle, so write out the Spanish in Word or somewhere else FIRST and THEN paste it into Google Translate, dont type it into translate directly or you could lose work if its too big to handle.
One other piece of advice - use space lines between your paragraphs - sometimes you have to use double space lines to get the gap to appear - it breaks up the text and makes it easier to read, and easier for you to locate parts you want to change or edit.
Good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it. (Writing the story)
Try and use punctuation properly as again it makes for an easier read.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Also your English seems fine!
:thumbup:

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Also when you have written it out, re read it a few times SLOWLY. You will be surprised at what you have missed! Edit it and then read it again.
Also try and break up repetition so dont say
'Kara did this,'Kara did that', Kara went here', 'Kara used her superpowers to', 'Kara said ' etc. one sentence after another. Break it up so its
'Kara did this,'she then did that', 'Supergirl in her civillian persona went here', ' using her superpowers to', 'the beautiful hero said'
Just vary it. Once you have named the person acting you can use 'she' and 'her' or another description like 'beautiful hero' and the readers will still know who you are talking about.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Forgot to say we have 2 story Moderators here -
Disciple and SGWriter.
If you have questions on posting your story just message them
(Send it to both as SGWriter is not here very often)